WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

The 21' and under 70+ mph Boat pic thread

Clank123

Reaction score
The Banzai was invited to the Steve McQueen Car and Motorcycle Show in Chino today.
Put on a little cacklefest and brought home an award!
2DFF78CD-76AD-4BFC-B83F-D832092C3EDF.jpeg
A4D4E4A8-D5B0-4B57-8801-A2860F1B3F47.jpeg

Clank123

Reaction score
Maybe somebody will put out a video. I'd love to hear what it sounds like with those pipes. Thanks for the post !
Not sure about that, but here’s one of me warming it on the ramp at Marina Manor in Parker before its first time in the water.
It’s on alcohol here.
Boat did everything right.
I ran it up to around a 100 right as the tail started to come up.
I’ve got a video of it somewhere on 85%.
See if I can find it. 👍

26E34D17-52DA-407A-AC50-F1154A17DAEE.jpeg
39E3916E-A339-4C75-970D-5A0F0604F463.jpeg

Vamodsquad

Reaction score

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
Longdeck update…
Mock block alignment day.
Here’s the process I use.
Made these parts at least 30 years ago.
The goal is to line the vdrive and crank center line up dead straight.
I took an old block and drilled out 4 pan bolt holes to 1/2 inch.
Drilled corresponding holes in a couple pieces of aluminum bar.
Used 1/2 inch all thread to set the block on and machined aluminum pucks to fit the mains that are center drilled.
I also have pucks to fit the mains of 5 or 6 other engines.
Idea is to move the jacking bolts around to achieve perfect alignment.
The holes in the shaft receiver are machined with in a thousandths or 2.
So critical on a solid drive shaft vdrive boat.
Not really sure how other guys do it but it works for me. View attachment 1382346 View attachment 1382349 View attachment 1382353 View attachment 1382350 View attachment 1382351
View attachment 1382352

This is exactly what I need to do for my Hondo. I have a mock up block, just not the rest

Clank123

Reaction score
This is exactly what I need to do for my Hondo. I have a mock up block, just not the rest
If you want to borrow the Jig, no problem.
Based on my schedule, I’ll probably need it another month.
But if you need it sooner, I could hurry up a bit.
Don’t know where you live, but I’m in Carlsbad.
I also drive all over the Southwest.
I’m sure we could figure something out.
Let me know.
Dave

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
If you want to borrow the Jig, no problem.
Based on my schedule, I’ll probably need it another month.
But if you need it sooner, I could hurry up a bit.
Don’t know where you live, but I’m in Carlsbad.
I also drive all over the Southwest.
I’m sure we could figure something out.
Let me know.
Dave

Ill pm you. Killer offer!!!

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
Last edited:

Clank123

Reaction score
I wouldn’t recommend chroming a prop or rudder. Back in the 60’s when the chrome process wasn’t super regulated people got away with it on their ski boats.

That prop looks terrible. It needs a good cleaning and magnafluxed/X-Rayed.
Agreed.
If you don’t have a guy send it to me and I’ll have it cleaned, balanced and checked.

TonyFanelli

Reaction score
I wouldn’t recommend chroming a prop or rudder. Back in the 60’s when the chrome process wasn’t super regulated people got away with it on their ski boats.

That prop looks terrible. It needs a good cleaning and magnafluxed/X-Rayed.
Thus is the prop on the Kalawain I bought...do you think steel wool would clean it?

Terminal Velocity

Reaction score
The Last 3 that have been through the Home Shop

Ray Pauli's 501, i redid the bottom Strakes forward, fixed the outside of the boat from a crash in Bakersfield, then found out the Paint job that was on it was delaminating so I stripped it back to Gelcoat and Repainted it. Going Testing Sunday. (I didn't pick the Number font)
447577363_1970050230058642_2088882847807874647_n.jpg

Ron Abelman's new to him Capsule boat. Will be a full Paint but going to race it at Burley and the Summer in Primer. Lots of Body work, stress cracks went into getting it to this point.
PS003.jpg

Wes out of San Diego's D'cucci. If anyone knows D'cucci boats, the later years have some "quirks", I also call it a D'cucci Dip. This thing had 0 rocker up to about 4' and a big hook in that 4' and what was there was different on the Driver vs. Passenger Side. Glassed the bottom, shaped the rocker in. Just got it rolled over and back on the trailer last night. Should be buttoned up ready to go home in a couple days. Soon to be terrorizing the Lower river area. This one the Kolor was put on by Billy B.
wes1.jpg

Have 4 more coming this summer. A full rig and paint 19' Spectra for the Enduro, Paint a Crackerbox, Paint another Biesemeyer, and Sometime in December I'll probably get the capsule back to start on Paint.

timstoy

Reaction score
The Last 3 that have been through the Home Shop

Ray Pauli's 501, i redid the bottom Strakes forward, fixed the outside of the boat from a crash in Bakersfield, then found out the Paint job that was on it was delaminating so I stripped it back to Gelcoat and Repainted it. Going Testing Sunday. (I didn't pick the Number font)
View attachment 1385044

Ron Abelman's new to him Capsule boat. Will be a full Paint but going to race it at Burley and the Summer in Primer. Lots of Body work, stress cracks went into getting it to this point.
View attachment 1385045

Wes out of San Diego's D'cucci. If anyone knows D'cucci boats, the later years have some "quirks", I also call it a D'cucci Dip. This thing had 0 rocker up to about 4' and a big hook in that 4' and what was there was different on the Driver vs. Passenger Side. Glassed the bottom, shaped the rocker in. Just got it rolled over and back on the trailer last night. Should be buttoned up ready to go home in a couple days. Soon to be terrorizing the Lower river area. This one the Kolor was put on by Billy B.
View attachment 1385046

Have 4 more coming this summer. A full rig and paint 19' Spectra for the Enduro, Paint a Crackerbox, Paint another Biesemeyer, and Sometime in December I'll probably get the capsule back to start on Paint.
Did you open up a boat shop! Are you racing at Burley? Unfortunately we can’t make Burley this year and of course Long Beach is canceled and hearing rumors Lake Ming in Bakersfield is getting noise complaints and two fatalities in two races is not helping the cause. You know how that goes.

Terminal Velocity

Reaction score
Did you open up a boat shop! Are you racing at Burley? Unfortunately we can’t make Burley this year and of course Long Beach is canceled and hearing rumors Lake Ming in Bakersfield is getting noise complaints and two fatalities in two races is not helping the cause. You know how that goes.
You’d think so🤪 No I just like working on boats I guess. Nothing like putting in 50+ hours a week at the day job (Civil Engineering) and then go to the shop and put another 20-40 a week in. 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️ Probably need to charge more, but when it takes longer due to the Day job I have a moral fight within. 🤷‍♂️

No, I’m not racing at Burley, you can’t tell/convince me a speed limit is going to save me, (Kyle Cannon’s accident is a perfect example). But that’s for another discussion.
I will be in Burley helping boats I’ve worked on, and anyone else who wants any advice from a has been😎

Sorry I won’t get to see you.

Yea, been a rough couple races at Bako, and unfortunately I don’t think LB will ever come back. And if it does, it’ll have so many restrictions no one will return the following year.

I’ve heard rumors they’re wanting to put GPS in GN and CB to “check” speeds for evaluation 🤦‍♂️

timstoy

Reaction score
You’d think so🤪 No I just like working on boats I guess. Nothing like putting in 50+ hours a week at the day job (Civil Engineering) and then go to the shop and put another 20-40 a week in. 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️ Probably need to charge more, but when it takes longer due to the Day job I have a moral fight within. 🤷‍♂️

No, I’m not racing at Burley, you can’t tell/convince me a speed limit is going to save me, (Kyle Cannon’s accident is a perfect example). But that’s for another discussion.
I will be in Burley helping boats I’ve worked on, and anyone else who wants any advice from a has been😎

Sorry I won’t get to see you.

Yea, been a rough couple races at Bako, and unfortunately I don’t think LB will ever come back. And if it does, it’ll have so many restrictions no one will return the following year.

I’ve heard rumors they’re wanting to put GPS in GN and CB to “check” speeds for evaluation 🤦‍♂️
I forgot about the speed limit deal, I have kind of out of the loop on info. I agree on Long Beach unfortunately as it was our home race. You are in demand because you know what it takes to be competitive and you are a proven winner! Most people really don’t know how much is involved and how many hours it takes to have a competitive boat. Good luck with your boats and hope for a safe race.

Terminal Velocity

Reaction score
I forgot about the speed limit deal, I have kind of out of the loop on info. I agree on Long Beach unfortunately as it was our home race. You are in demand because you know what it takes to be competitive and you are a proven winner! Most people really don’t know how much is involved and how many hours it takes to have a competitive boat. Good luck with your boats and hope for a safe race.
Thank you. I appreciate that.
I certainly try, and I do everything as if it was my own boat. $$$ in my pocket be damned. 😂

Clank123

Reaction score
Today’s project on the LongDeck.
Terminal V, I don’t know how many “visitors” you get by your home shop on a Saturday, but today around 11:30 I had 7 guys hanging out, 2 of them dropping by because they had projects they wanted done and the rest just here to bench race.
I really wouldn’t have it any other way but it sure is hard to make progress.
But I did it in 2 shifts(lunch and cocktails midday) and got the rudder stuffing box in for good and the rudder support brace done and pre-rigged.
Fun Stuff!
38183168-3A40-4492-A271-979A6EB3C98E.jpeg
30DC753C-52AC-4CB1-B3E4-3C9C8AAB5D74.jpeg
B0B4C279-6127-440B-BC11-F76DAE69E5DD.jpeg

Clank123

Reaction score
Photos like this showing guys out running boats I’ve built the way they should be run, just puts a smile on my face👍

F62BE297-C0D3-40BD-8027-F5030761D79D.jpeg

902AEE2D-7FD8-4FC8-B237-D11D1BA25863.jpeg

He text me and said, I was reaching for the override handle(there’s no down pedal) In this picture.
I text him back and said…my Dad told me when driving a boat with fixed plates, that as long as the boat is coming down straight…keep your foot in it!😂

TonyFanelli

Reaction score
Photos like this showing guys out running boats I’ve built the way they should be run, just puts a smile on my face👍

View attachment 1386720

View attachment 1386721
He text me and said, I was reaching for the override handle(there’s no down pedal) In this picture.
I text him back and said…my Dad told me when driving a boat with fixed plates, that as long as the boat is coming down straight…keep your foot in it!😂
Beautiful Lavey!

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
Is that boat on the right the one built by Maximus? I recall he spent big coin on it then put it up for sale about five minutes after it was completed.

No, you’re thinking of my brother. My brother was so angry at what the cost of the boat was that he unloaded it right after finishing it.

wzuber

Reaction score
No, you’re thinking of my brother. My brother was so angry at what the cost of the boat was that he unloaded it right after finishing it.
Bummer, shit gets spendy fast....
Did he at least get to enjoy it some before he sold it? It's stunningly beautiful.....
I bet it was the cheap paint job that put him over the edge? Lol....

rrrr

Reaction score
It's a beautiful boat. I had looked over the photos closely, and every inch of it was just stunning.

I recall the asking price was steep, but not that unreasonable. Even in today's Bidenworld, if it came up for sale again, I would raid the investment accounts in a hot minute and there would soon be photos of my ugly ass in the seat.

😁

Last edited:

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
Bummer, shit gets spendy fast....
Did he at least get to enjoy it some before he sold it? It's stunningly beautiful.....
I bet it was the cheap paint job that put him over the edge? Lol....

He drove it one afternoon. Not long after he fire sold it to a guy named Dave who eventually sold it to Dirk Olsen. Not sure if Dirk still owns it or not.

DSC00230.JPG
DSC00234.JPG
DSC00164.JPG

Billy found the boat originally. It was at or near a paint supply shop in Ontario. This is pre-Billy paint. There was a mural on the deck with a naked titty. My brother would cover the titty with tape so his 5 young sons wouldn't see it. The tape was always pulled up when he checked on the boat. 😄

jimandlane.jpg
mural.jpg

rrrr

Reaction score
I've always thought that was one of Billy's greatest sprays. It's killer.

I'd cover up that chick too. Her arm is coming out of the middle of her back, and that titty is growing out of her ribcage. What's really bad is that the painter thought it looked cool.

😁

Last edited:

wzuber

Reaction score
Maybe the pain
I've always thought that was one of Billy's greatest sprays. It's killer.

I'd cover up that chick too. Her arm is coming out of the middle of her back, and that titty is growing out of her ribcage. What's really bad is that the painter thought it looked cool.

😁
Maybe the painter was an AI bot? How many fingers does she have? That's always a dead give away. Ha

Clank123

Reaction score
Was asked to build/rebuild a couple of Casales for an old time boat racer that still has his Unblown Gas Hydro from the 70’s.
The boat was called Trick or Treat and his name is Kurt Collier
The boat was among the top three or four boats in the class during those years.

15357F09-7B97-4A70-9E2E-F2DDFC6C099E.jpeg

So a complete VDrive along with parts to at least another one which I’ll put together got dropped at my machinist's shop yesterday.
One box was marked “heavy”. I took the lid off and it sure was that!

F26DC7CF-F26D-4A08-906E-EB08257C43CD.jpeg

So after a few morning projects…I got to play gear puzzle!

FCFEE517-BD58-4983-B1C4-649BA1161011.jpeg

Got all the sets together along with some orphans.
They are all 12degree.
I am not sure of his needs above and beyond what he asked me to put in the Vdrive(48s to 52s, which there are not a complete set).
It’s possible he may want to sell a few sets off.
I know brand new sets are now 2200.00 from Casale!
I’m hearing 5-700.00 for used now(lightened).
Let me know if any of ya need a set and I’ll see if he’s willing to part with them.

447F3CCB-D6AA-4175-93C9-344BF0C98CEA.jpeg

46B6EA76-27E3-4490-A295-2E8EDA03D02B.jpeg

Not spamming here, just figured more Vdrive guys on this thread than anywhere on the site. 👍

wzuber

Reaction score
Was asked to build/rebuild a couple of Casales for an old time boat racer that still has his Unblown Gas Hydro from the 70’s.
The boat was called Trick or Treat and his name is Kurt Collier
The boat was among the top three or four boats in the class during those years.

View attachment 1388500

So a complete VDrive along with parts to at least another one which I’ll put together got dropped at my machinist's shop yesterday.
One box was marked “heavy”. I took the lid off and it sure was that!

View attachment 1388502

So after a few morning projects…I got to play gear puzzle!

View attachment 1388503

Got all the sets together along with some orphans.
They are all 12degree.
I am not sure of his needs above and beyond what he asked me to put in the Vdrive(48s to 52s, which there are not a complete set).
It’s possible he may want to sell a few sets off.
I know brand new sets are now 2200.00 from Casale!
I’m hearing 5-700.00 for used now(lightened).
Let me know if any of ya need a set and I’ll see if he’s willing to part with them.

View attachment 1388510
View attachment 1388511

Not spamming here, just figured more Vdrive guys on this thread than anywhere on the site. 👍
That looks like a perfect pass right there, minimal drag. How much you suppose that boats walkin across that lane?
That's a nice assortment of gear sets and singles. Always good to have options.....
If you could scare up a set of 10*, rt. Hand 9% I'd be much obliged. He'll, I'd even buy ya a beer or three.......