WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

The 21' and under 70+ mph Boat pic thread

timstoy

Reaction score
Oh good grief! How did I not piece that together? Sorry Tim! All I can say is I'm an idiot! 😊
Jerry you are NOT a idiot . I’ve always enjoyed looking at your photo collection and videos. Working on multiple boats sometimes the only races I see are the ones we race. I also thank others that donated to your collection, I think speaks volumes about you. I tried years ago to try take pictures of the races but it was too hard to launch and trailer the boats, even harder when we ran multiple boats. I’ve always been kind of a behind the scenes guy, My main concern has always been to make the boats as safe as possible. It makes it harder when it’s your family in the seat. Anyway enough about me thank you for your dedication to the boating community in photos and videos.

timstoy

Reaction score
Dam Jerry what flood memories right there! I always felt it was an honor that customers turn into friends and trust you to keep their boats running. Jack Landers offered me and my son Gary to drive his beautiful K27 multiple times at Irvine lake. I didn’t want to embarrass myself on how slow I drive! Jack, Greg and the Landers family are great friends.

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
Dam Jerry what flood memories right there! I always felt it was an honor that customers turn into friends and trust you to keep their boats running. Jack Landers offered me and my son Gary to drive his beautiful K27 multiple times at Irvine lake. I didn’t want to embarrass myself on how slow I drive! Jack, Greg and the Landers family are great friends.

Yeah I knew that and Jack probably introduced us! You should've took him up on that offer even just to cruise it around. :)

DSC00678a.jpg
DSC00750.JPG
DSC00761.JPG
DSC00773a.jpg
DSC00781.JPG

timstoy

Reaction score
Well to be honest the first boat in our family was when Gary bought his GN boat from Rudy Ramos daughter! My passion has been dirt bikes since I was a kid. I have had the opportunity to drive many customer and friends boats and I have driven some. Fun story, a hundred years ago Larry Dahlhoff, Jerry Hanger, Bob Lovelace and I went to Ski Land in Perris with the K18 and two drums of fuel. Larry went out for a few laps and then it was Jerry’s turn to drive. At the time Jerry had a Dragon Craft with a blown gas motor we had built.The boat was fast but not so much for turning hard. Larry gave Jerry the run down of what the K boat can do and as Jerry left Larry said to us wait till he makes a hard turn Jerry will probably come out of the seat! Sure enough after a few warm up laps Jerry came in hot in the turn and almost came out of the seat! Bob went next and then it was my turn. I have never driven anything that accelerated so fast, it was unreal. I looked at Larry on the shore and he was motioning me to go faster. I probably got close to a hundred but felt like I was going about a hundred and fifty. The boat had plenty more but I had reached my limit that day. We ran the boat till we were out of fuel and the next day Jerry went to Boltons and put a deposit on the future K17 and Bob went to Boltons a few days later to put a deposit on a Spitfire but it would be awhile so he ordered a Daytona from Bob Long, a decision he would later regret. And me, I just went back to wrenching on all my buddies boats!

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
Well to be honest the first boat in our family was when Gary bought his GN boat from Rudy Ramos daughter! My passion has been dirt bikes since I was a kid. I have had the opportunity to drive many customer and friends boats and I have driven some. Fun story, a hundred years ago Larry Dahlhoff, Jerry Hanger, Bob Lovelace and I went to Ski Land in Perris with the K18 and two drums of fuel. Larry went out for a few laps and then it was Jerry’s turn to drive. At the time Jerry had a Dragon Craft with a blown gas motor we had built.The boat was fast but not so much for turning hard. Larry gave Jerry the run down of what the K boat can do and as Jerry left Larry said to us wait till he makes a hard turn Jerry will probably come out of the seat! Sure enough after a few warm up laps Jerry came in hot in the turn and almost came out of the seat! Bob went next and then it was my turn. I have never driven anything that accelerated so fast, it was unreal. I looked at Larry on the shore and he was motioning me to go faster. I probably got close to a hundred but felt like I was going about a hundred and fifty. The boat had plenty more but I had reached my limit that day. We ran the boat till we were out of fuel and the next day Jerry went to Boltons and put a deposit on the future K17 and Bob went to Boltons a few days later to put a deposit on a Spitfire but it would be awhile so he ordered a Daytona from Bob Long, a decision he would later regret. And me, I just went back to wrenching on all my buddies boats!

That's a great story! I need to ask the Hangar's if they would share some old photos. Everybody has old photos. Before I purchased the motor I have from Tom Buckles I was considering having Larry build me a motor. You guys know what your doing!

I've been lucky enough to ride with Jack and Greg a few times. Even at a semi advanced age Jack was a rock star on a bike!

Copy (2) of DSC04598.JPG
DSC04624.JPG

IMG_5784_k17.jpg

DSC00767a.jpg
DSC04022a5000.jpg

Last edited:

timstoy

Reaction score
That's a great story! I need to ask the Hangar's if they would share some old photos. Everybody has old photos. Before I purchased the motor I have from Tom Buckles I was considering having Larry build me a motor. You guys know what your doing!

I've been lucky enough to ride with Jack and Greg and few times. Even at a semi advanced age Jack was a rock star on a bike!

View attachment 1106407 View attachment 1106408

View attachment 1106409

View attachment 1106410 View attachment 1106411
We ride mostly desert for fun. Greg rode with us a few times and he can haul ass! Jerry and his family rode with us years ago. Jeremy and Gary grew up at the boat races and our familys have always been close. Jack rides mostly MX and I know he rips. What I want to know is what it like to ride with Pat Eason!

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
We ride mostly desert for fun. Greg rode with us a few times and he can haul ass! Jerry and his family rode with us years ago. Jeremy and Gary grew up at the boat races and our familys have always been close. Jack rides mostly MX and I know he rips. What I want to know is what it like to ride with Pat Eason!

Pat’s an amazing Dude! Sequeira set up a race between us years ago. It was at my home track that I rode regularly. Pat’s a desert rider and a few years older than me. I’m thinking, this should be a cake walk. I have every advantage!

Steve starts us and I get the jump. We go a couple of laps and I’m thinking why can’t I shake this dude? He’s glued to me! I’m borderline riding over my head trying stay ahead of him. A few more laps in he started to tire out giving me the W.

If the start was reversed I’m not sure I could’ve got him! 😊

He’s truely one of my favorites of our boating (dirtbiking) family!

timstoy

Reaction score
Pat’s an amazing Dude! Sequeira set up a race between us years ago. It was at my home track that I rode regularly. Pat’s a desert rider and a few years older than me. I’m thinking, this should be a cake walk. I have every advantage!

Steve starts us and I get the jump. We go a couple of laps and I’m thinking why can’t I shake this dude? He’s glued to me! I’m borderline riding over my head trying stay ahead of him. A few more laps in he started to tire out giving me the W.

If the start was reversed I’m not sure I could’ve got him! 😊

He’s truely one of my favorites of our boating (dirtbiking) family!
That’s a great story about Pat and doesn’t surprise me he can rip. I know his sister Debbie used to race MX and her daughter Amy is a world class water ski racer. We use to do work for Larry Sequeira when he owned Downey Grinding he made us head studs other specialty grinding services. Larry used to bring Steve to the shop when he was a kid and I believe raced MX and of course later K boats. As l said before l have been very fortunate to meet and become friends with so many talented people.

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
That’s a great story about Pat and doesn’t surprise me he can rip. I know his sister Debbie used to race MX and her daughter Amy is a world class water ski racer. We use to do work for Larry Sequeira when he owned Downey Grinding he made us head studs other specialty grinding services. Larry used to bring Steve to the shop when he was a kid and I believe raced MX and of course later K boats. As l said before l have been very fortunate to meet and become friends with so many talented people.

Yeah, Deb and Amy rode with us more than Pat. They're both pretty bad ass in my opinion. Steve raced one SX event and was a stock outboard champ early 90's before getting into K's.

DSC05480.JPG

sintax

Reaction score
@Sharp Shooter any chance you have any old pics of my cousin Mike Fry from the river / lake? I have tons of drag photos obviously, but it would be cool to have some, I know he spent some time with Billy or @Clank123

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
@Sharp Shooter any chance you have any old pics of my cousin Mike Fry from the river / lake? I have tons of drag photos obviously, but it would be cool to have some, I know he spent some time with Billy or @Clank123

This is an oldie. He also brought his 68 Hallett flat bottom to the R. 66 show in 2015. Not sure if I have pics of that.

ElimDrag.jpg

sintax

Reaction score
This is an oldie. He also brought his 68 Hallett flat bottom to the R. 66 show in 2015. Not sure if I have pics of that.

View attachment 1106952

Nice dude! I always wanted to drive that boat! I think it had his 14:1 drag engine in there towards the end.

Yea I think his son Colin has the Hallett still. I know he’s had it for sale off and on. Last time I saw it was out at Billy’s event at Needles.

Attachments

• AB5931A6-087E-44FD-BB0B-69489EA8E176.jpeg
    AB5931A6-087E-44FD-BB0B-69489EA8E176.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 62

poncho

Reaction score
River ready......

20220418-190219.jpg

20220418-193649.jpg

20220418-180719.jpg

20220418-191103.jpg

20220418-192934.jpg
Amazing boat, I remember seeing paint pics on FB and knew someone was building something special. Obviously the whole thing is trick but I keep staring at your whole V-Drive set up, so clean and bulletproof looking.
Just curious, I see your strapped down across your cav plate, I have always run mine across the top of the turnbuckles. I never asked anyone or looked into it just did it that way, is it better across the plate?...Thanks.
Screenshot_20220420-093010_Video_Player[1].jpg

timstoy

Reaction score
He’s switching to Ford Boss Nine power which (not surprisingly) brought about many hurdles. When he finishes the boat everything including paint will be new. So to answer your question, yes. 😎
I heard a rumor of a Ford motor but whats it been twenty years since the boat been wet! I miss the Father’s days event at Irvine lake and Billy's events. Just busting Billy’s balls I haven’t seen him in awhile hope all is well with him and his family.

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
I heard a rumor of a Ford motor but whats it been twenty years since the boat been wet! I miss the Father’s days event at Irvine lake and Billy's events. Just busting Billy’s balls I haven’t seen him in awhile hope all is well with him and his family.

I don’t remember what year he pulled the boat apart. I could figure it out if I was at home with my picture files. Maybe 10 years ago…?

The Irvine events were fun and right in our back yard! We were lucky to do that those 10 years!

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
After looking through some picture files, my last photo's of Billy's boat (in the water) were Sept 2010 in Needles. He may have taken the boat to the first Pirate Cove deal in 2011, but I don't know as I wasn't there.

Needles 2008
DSC06728a.jpg

Irvine Fathers Day 2010
Irv2010 134.jpg

Dec 3rd 2013.

DSC06702.jpg