WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Team JBB Headquarters Expansion..

Bigger shop, or Swimming Pool

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zaairman

Tig ole bitties
Reaction score
So, will the new shop be connected to the garage door to nowhere?

Also, this equipment is destroying your thatch.

RandyH

Huge Member
Reaction score
Your destroying the enviroment for the sake of a shop and pool........Carry on.....:thumbsup

D

Deleted Account

So did you stick BoBo in the exhaust pipe in case it rains tonight? I think he would just fit in nicely...;)

attachment.php

Director...
Reaction score
So did you stick BoBo in the exhaust pipe in case it rains tonight? I think he would just fit in nicely...;)

attachment.php

Cat went back on the trailer and left...He's done

Tom Brown

Epsilon contributor
Reaction score
Brian, I think I see a blade of grass beside the new shop basement. It's probably just some sod residue from the dig.

Either way, you better get on it with some Roundup before it sprouts and fucks up that barren waste land look you've paid so dearly for. :thumbsup

Director...
Reaction score
Might I suggest keeping this particular door closed?

attachment.php

Sixteen years ago when I built this house and shop, I wanted a nice view of the woods/pasture land behind me...Thats what the builder gave me, been meaning to put a deck there ever since....been too busy...:p

Director...
Reaction score
Brian, I think I see a blade of grass beside the new shop basement. It's probably just some sod residue from the dig.

Either way, you better get on it with some Roundup before it sprouts and fucks up that barren waste land look you've paid so dearly for. :thumbsup

Wall builder will take care of it.:p..On this deal, all Im doing is pointing, and grunting....and writing checks...and I didnt pay that much, for what I got done...Im kinda liking the barren wasteland look...and smell...

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Very cool. Do you have the plan for the pool already??

Looking good!! :thumbsup

D

Deleted Account

JBB so no rebar or gunite? I've never seen a pool built that way before...;)

Motor Boater

Reaction score

I've never seen cement pond constructed this way either. On a positive note it looks like he will be able to jump from the second story porch right into the deep end!

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Thats to control damage from freezing I assume? Looks like it will be very cool.:thumbsup

Sure aint no west coast pool!

Fill us in B, I've never seen anything like that either! Whats the advantage of this kinna build?

:hmm

Director...
Reaction score
Some concrete ....tomorrow...patience, Inmates...

Director...
Reaction score

Thats to control damage from freezing I assume? Looks like it will be very cool.:thumbsup

Sure aint no west coast pool!

Fill us in B, I've never seen anything like that either! Whats the advantage of this kinna build?

:hmm

All of the pool contractors who I got bids from, build both Gunite and Steel wall / vinyl pools...They all told me I would be "overbuilding" for my neighborhood, If I went with gunite. The one Im building isn't exactly cheap in my opinion, but when I asked him what the same size pool in gunite would cost me, he estimated 20k more....He said.."I have been building pools for 25 years, and for your area, you would be doing yourself no favor by going with gunite, unless you have a specific design shape in mind...The guy I got installing it has won many awards for pools he has done, and after comparason shopping, I am very comfortable with his work. He invited us to look at the house/pool he just built for himself, and they look like something out of a magazine....He is constantly showing me where he improves on the installation techniques the manufacturer says will be sufficient..He goes way out of his way to build a strong pool, and Im having him bid on building my shop extension as well. The ideas I have for this pool I think are going to look nice, not perhaps to a "California Standard"...:p but good enough for me....and I can sit my high capacity guns nearby, in case of zombie attack.....and not be in violation of any laws...:D

compare pool types

Last edited:

Gelcoater

Reaction score
and I can sit my high capacity guns nearby, in case of zombie attack.....and not be in violation of any laws...:D

compare pool types
Pretty cool man:thumbsup
Will you be getting the custom mural on the bottom? Maybe a giant BoBo?:D And in Cali there is no standard,in Compton a 55 gallon drum and a hose.................:cool:

Oh,and please post a pic this winter of you sitting in the snow next to your frozen pool,high capacity gun in hand waiting for the zombies:D:DDon't they stay underground when it's that cold?

And doesn't all the humidity during summer rust your guns?:p

Director...
Reaction score
Pretty cool man:thumbsup
Will you be getting the custom mural on the bottom? Maybe a giant BoBo?:D And in Cali there is no standard,in Compton a 55 gallon drum and a hose.................:cool:

Oh,and please post a pic this winter of you sitting in the snow next to your frozen pool,high capacity gun in hand waiting for the zombies:D:DDon't they stay underground when it's that cold?

And doesn't all the humidity during summer rust your guns?:p

Bobo mural...:thumbsup..how did you guess?

when the guns rust...I throw them away, in a nearby vacant lot...and buy new ones..:thumbsup

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Bobo mural...:thumbsup..how did you guess?

when the guns rust...I throw them away, in a nearby vacant lot...and buy new ones..:thumbsup
If you decide not to go with Bobo here's some alternates.:D

big fish.jpg

archie.jpg

Brown.jpg

gran-torino2.jpg

no fishing.png

warning.jpg

Director...
Reaction score
Might do Bobo, and this classic image...:thumbsup

attachment.php

Director...
Reaction score
That concrete cap was an entire cement mixer full (however much that is) it is there to hold things in place, and stabilize the steps....also there is a step to sit on across from the deep end..

Director...
Reaction score
Pool & Shop 163 (Medium).jpg

Im having them build a driveway to the basement of my shop extension ..today the dump truck full of crusher run crapped out down there, and a wrecker had to pull him away....they are wreaking havoc on my thatch....:hmm...Heads will roll!

Pool & Shop 145 (Medium).jpg

Pool & Shop 146 (Medium).jpg

Pool & Shop 147 (Medium).jpg

Pool & Shop 148 (Medium).jpg

Pool & Shop 149 (Medium).jpg

Pool & Shop 150 (Medium).jpg

Last edited:

Zaairman

Tig ole bitties
Reaction score
Are you building a waterfall into the pool?

YoPengo

Inmate #47
Reaction score
Brown wants to know if he can be the first one to piss in the pool? :D

Pool looks cool. :thumbsup

Director...
Reaction score
Brown wants to know if he can be the first one to piss in the pool? :D

Pool looks cool. :thumbsup

Brown would be gunned down by security, if he even approached the perimeter....He knows that ...:thumbsup

D

Deleted Account

Byron you should get your Jeep running again - you could tear up all that stuff!:D

attachment.php

Director...
Reaction score
Byron you should get your Jeep running again - you could tear up all that stuff!:D

attachment.php

no Jeep ..Cobra...its a small clandestine drive to the basement....where the ...expirements....will take place...

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

Director...
Reaction score
hey ummm....

how many gallons is that pool gonna be? that filter looks WAY too small!

I have a 30k gal pool, and i got the bigest filter they made at the time (you should too). you can go much longer between cleanings this way!

are you, or can you, go salt water with vinyl?

if not, look into one of these deals....

http://compare.ebay.com/like/320719631960?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar

Filter is matched to pool and pump size and it will be a salt water pool

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Filter is matched to pool and pump size and it will be a salt water pool

Nice. :thumbsup

(my filter is twice the size I need. its kinna like HP, you can never have too much!)

Tom Brown

Epsilon contributor
Reaction score
It's looking nice.

It's interesting to see how they build a pool in your area. Do they compact the hell out of the backfill? I'd worry the less dense backfill would destabilize the pool walls.

What now? Gunite?

Is the pool going to be heated? I would imagine a decent array of solar panels would put you in pretty nice, almost year-round, comfort in your part of the continent.

Director...
Reaction score
It's looking nice.

It's interesting to see how they build a pool in your area. Do they compact the hell out of the backfill? I'd worry the less dense backfill would destabilize the pool walls.

What now? Gunite?

Is the pool going to be heated? I would imagine a decent array of solar panels would put you in pretty nice, almost year-round, comfort in your part of the continent.

Compacted wet, numerous times...it is solid...what's next is a concrete bottom, and a vinyl liner...real men need no pool heater...:p

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Compacted wet, numerous times...it is solid...what's next is a concrete bottom, and a vinyl liner...real men need no pool heater...:p

But what poor about Bobo?? He's not gonna like that cold water one bit!

Director...
Reaction score
County Inspector guy ...who said he was going to come and inspect the shop footings...didnt....maybe tomorrow...

Pool & Shop 177 (Medium).jpg

Pool & Shop 178 (Medium).jpg

Pool & Shop 179 (Medium).jpg

Pool & Shop 180 (Medium).jpg

Pool & Shop 181 (Medium).jpg

Pool & Shop 182 (Medium).jpg

Pool & Shop 183 (Medium).jpg

Pool & Shop 185 (Medium).jpg

Pool & Shop 186 (Medium).jpg

Pool & Shop 187 (Medium).jpg

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
looking good....

Whats the plan for the shop? Is it going to mate some how with the other garage?

Director...
Reaction score
looking good....

Whats the plan for the shop? Is it going to mate some how with the other garage?

poured walls to meet the old shop walls ...full basement, main floor,...attic floor...

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
poured walls to meet the old shop walls ...full basement, main floor,...attic floor...

will you be able to open the garage door and drive into the main floor or will that be your attic? (hard to tell based on elevation)

The more I look at it it looks like you will have the same standard floor level....

Director...
Reaction score
will you be able to open the garage door and drive into the main floor or will that be your attic? (hard to tell based on elevation)

It will be easier to explain after the walls are poured..:p...the garage door you see will open up to another 26 x 30 shop....the basement, below it, will have a 16"ceiling....above the area where the garage door is, will be an area 12' wide x 8' tall x30' long that Im having built into the roof trusses