WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

OUI Checkpoint yesterday

Duffster

Reaction score
Thanks for the link...I watched about 30 seconds of it.
I then proceeded to watch about 30 minutes of channel footage on pasties and strings. :champagne:

Funny shit I had to post it :)

Wicky

Mr. Potatohead
Reaction score
Simple equation to this repetitive thread,
60% of RDP posters hate cops
30% of RDP posters understand the job of the po po,whether agreeing with a said incident or not
10% of RDP POSTERS are cops

That said, the productive thing to do on this one is those involved on Sat. Make a call down to fish and game and advise of the issues of maintaining one's boat from damage, and any bad atittudes that came with the encounter. Bet a call or meet with the local media might rearrange policy on contacting boats /not damaging personal property.
Maybe nothing changes, but an attempt at fixing a problem is better than a circle jerk bitch session where the status quo prevails

......ah fuggit, F the man!

I hope you haven't clumped me into the 60% LR.
I love cops!! Especially this one!!:champagne:

Attachments

• ladycop.jpg
    ladycop.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 212

LowRiver2

Reaction score
We get a lot of cop traffic.. Hopefully these threads, while repetitive and often negative in nature, are also educational to the other side?

Sadly, they are not, it's the same thing with the same people always complaining, then the circle jerk band wagon starts, and it's all about negative. Not saying that isn't the case sometimes, but seriously RD, read all the posts here on this site in this genre, and you'd think we boat in a gestapo zone and that half of the posters here have been beaten and booked outright. Reality is not the case by a long shot.

You know as well as I do RD there are always two sides to every LEO encounter.

One a Day Walt is a straight shooter, I don't question any of his story on this in any way. What I am saying is boaters that had this situation happen need to follow up. On Glamis Dunes we'd call that being a good duner. I know Walt and most have much better things to do, but if an attempt is made to identify the issue with LEO's, there is a decent chance the practice of docking in the wind,cops yelling at guys to stay seated when expensive boats run the patrol boat might change.

RD, I only give props when due and I'll say the maturity of your posts in not jumping into the gutter ball BS name calling on these threads should be noted as a good thing. That is what has made this become a great site. JBB and I have had a pretty heavy difference of opinion in this realm and he did a good job too.

Not that you guys need a pat on the back , but you've stepped up to a higher level as managers here and I appreciate it FWIW

Last edited:

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
LR, I agree 100 percent, my apologies if my post has spun out of control, it was not my intentions. I have the utmost respect for anyone in law enforcement, you guys are way underpaid for the role you play in our society.

I feel the checkpoints are a good thing. Just like in Glamis, any effort to crack down on the illegal activities, and to deter those people that help further those activities from coming back is welcomed in my book.

Bottom line, as I motored into the checkpoint i was in a good mood, I knew I was all legal and acted responsibly all day so the guests on the boat could be safe and have a good time. It was determined that I was in fact all legal and completely sober, but when I motored away I was pissed off. That's the part that bothered me.

The only people who should be pulling away from the checkpoint pissed off are the ones in handcuffs. Not the folks who are glad that they are doing them in the first place.

Last edited:

LuauLounge

Reaction score
Been boating for over 40 years, yikes....
For the record, stopped 4 times in one day by 4 different agencies within 4 miles.
Forgot to put the new tags on the boat.
Never were cited, last time we just yelled, been there, done that.
LEO smiled and waved..

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
I have the utmost respect for anyone in law enforcement, you guys are way underpaid for the role you play in our society.

I feel the checkpoints are a good thing.

Those are 2 points that I dont agree with. First off just as with any group you will have douches. A persons chosen profession doesn't qualify them for any respect. As far as compensation goes. Have you seen what they make? If you took the group as a whole there are countless "heros" that never do anything deserving of their pay.

Checkpoints are one step away from Mexican Gestapo. Very rarely do you run accross one where they treat you with respect and you are innocent until proven guilty.I have been the law abiding citizen numerous times and have been treated poorly each time. Even though we had a DD every time.

For those of you LEO that don't fall under this disregard the above post. You are in the minority.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

LowRiver2

Reaction score
I think Walt was talking about respect for any profession, that said, Walt's been around a few of those in my work that have paid a heavy price for what they chose to do, and it's his choice to have that opinion just as it is yours Riverbound to not have any.

Do I get paid well? I have no issues with it, I'll even take a cut, 60% of guys in my department won't even consider doing what I do, but like everything else, it's their CHOICE.

Respect definately is a two way street. Checkpoints have a lot of moving parts, to say that it's going to be warm and fuzzy isn't going to ever happen. Can some guys lighten up? Sure. It comes down to communication.

I had a well reported run in with BLM a year ago at Glamis that I did do a follow up on. I wasn't the victim but a friend was and I saw the aftermath. I have a very negative view of BLM agents/management in the Imperial Co. area AFTER I looked into, made calls to, and followed up ON, the incident in question.

It's on all of us as citizens to communicate what's wrong, and sometimes what's right on said enforcement. Merely blowing off my last sentence only maintains the status quo. Don't know about you by not attempting to address a problem in my job will KILL me period.

Hell, after the time spent on this, I"m going to call AZ fish and Game myself and ask about boarding policy, wasted enough time reading about it here/lol.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Not the folks who are glad that they are doing them in the first place.

What about the guys that aren't happy they are doing them. LOL...

I think Walt was talking about respect for any profession, that said, Walt's been around a few of those in my work that have paid a heavy price for what they chose to do, and it's his choice to have that opinion just as it is yours Riverbound to not have any.

Do I get paid well? I have no issues with it, I'll even take a cut, 60% of guys in my department won't even consider doing what I do, but like everything else, it's their CHOICE.

Respect definately is a two way street. Checkpoints have a lot of moving parts, to say that it's going to be warm and fuzzy isn't going to ever happen. Can some guys lighten up? Sure. It comes down to communication.

I had a well reported run in with BLM a year ago at Glamis that I did do a follow up on. I wasn't the victim but a friend was and I saw the aftermath. I have a very negative view of BLM agents/management in the Imperial Co. area AFTER I looked into, made calls to, and followed up ON, the incident in question.

It's on all of us as citizens to communicate what's wrong, and sometimes what's right on said enforcement. Merely blowing off my last sentence only maintains the status quo. Don't know about you by not attempting to address a problem in my job will KILL me period.

Hell, after the time spent on this, I"m going to call AZ fish and Game myself and ask about boarding policy, wasted enough time reading about it here/lol.

LOL.. Probably just better to call them.. I'm sure they've already read the thread.

RD

Not So Fast

Reaction score
Sadly, they are not, it's the same thing with the same people always complaining, then the circle jerk band wagon starts, and it's all about negative. Not saying that isn't the case sometimes, but seriously RD, read all the posts here on this site in this genre, and you'd think we boat in a gestapo zone and that half of the posters here have been beaten and booked outright. Reality is not the case by a long shot.

You know as well as I do RD there are always two sides to every LEO encounter.

One a Day Walt is a straight shooter, I don't question any of his story on this in any way. What I am saying is boaters that had this situation happen need to follow up. On Glamis Dunes we'd call that being a good duner. I know Walt and most have much better things to do, but if an attempt is made to identify the issue with LEO's, there is a decent chance the practice of docking in the wind,cops yelling at guys to stay seated when expensive boats run the patrol boat might change.

RD, I only give props when due and I'll say the maturity of your posts in not jumping into the gutter ball BS name calling on these threads should be noted as a good thing. That is what has made this become a great site. JBB and I have had a pretty heavy difference of opinion in this realm and he did a good job too.

Not that you guys need a pat on the back , but you've stepped up to a higher level as managers here and I appreciate it FWIW

:deadhorse: If it werent for cop bashing threads what would we all do Gary??? Hows it going Bud??
NSF