WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Official 2018 Los Angeles Boat Show Report!

Taboma

Reaction score
Well there's a bit of a track record of ole Taboma busting my balls on here for no reason.. When I read it, I just kind of assumed he was keeping in theme. :D And of course I keep in my theme of always being polite back. Glad to know I read it wrong.. maybe ole Taboma is starting to warm up to me?

RD

I can barely recall me giving you even the slightest crap about anything on here in years. As far as I'm concerned, we're good and have been. Doesn't mean we're always going to agree on everything, what fun would that be :p Besides, I'm old and you're not :rolleyes: our perspectives are different. Doesn't mean I don't like you or respect your talent and intelligence.
In all sincerity, this year's BS reports :)D) and pictures have been five star excellent.
So yea, we're warm, lol :p

RCDave

Reaction score
I do know that based on two purchases from Shockwave, they will do anything you want. Mild to wild. Just depends on what you want and pocketbook.

Both of the boats I purchased had high end sano rigging and were laid up using high quality materials built to last. With all interiors done inhouse.

They can do just about anything

SoCalDave

Reaction score
When I was looking over that Shockwave Cat I couldn't believe they put a perko switch where they did. Really didn't fit the build quality of the boat and stood out like a sore thumb. I was like WTF were the thinking.

86CFABBB-4190-4934-BD97-D05767EB9B11.jpeg

RCDave

Reaction score
When I was looking over that Shockwave Cat I couldn't believe they put a perko switch where they did. Really didn't fit the build quality of the boat and stood out like a sore thumb. I was like WTF were the thinking.

View attachment 616570

Probably requested by the client. They typically rig these under the rear seat base

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Shockwave is one of the few mfg's that are still building jets, and they build them on the regular! There's a couple of other guys that are building them, but I'd wager that Shockwave is building more than anyone else. They have had a lot of success with their small deck boat market with jets and the Marine Power LS motor.

I know several guys that own them with the jets and they are all pretty happy with them (including some RDP members!)

This particular model (especially in the jet configuration) has really catered itself to the Lower River Crowd. They don't draft hardly any water, they get the efficiency of a tunnel, and they are still able to pack 7+ people in it if they need to with no problem.

"Cheat Sheet Pricing"

23' Deck Jet
58,900 - 315 HP Jet
62,400 - 440 HP Jet
67,600 - 540 HP Jet

When you add it all up those are pretty affordable numbers for a deck boat that is as capable as this one is. It's not on the "cheapest" side of things around town, but on the same token it's not built in a cheap fashion either.

5B6531B6-A805-4CEA-9BAC-575DCEF30617.jpeg

With a smaller deck boat like this, unless they are running some monster stereo, I'm not sure three batteries are needed. I know they have had a lot of success with the Marine Power supercharged Caddy motor in these in the past. This motor looks different to me, and I'm "guessing" (strong word there guys, meaning I DON'T KNOW) that this is the Marine Power 364 CI / 450'ish HP model or some variant of it. (Non supercharged LS).

Again Shockwave will go as far as you want to go with finishing out the bilge, but for something like this that is more about family fun, then dropping jaws, I think they nailed it. It's nice and simple, and it's not going to break the bank to build. They are going to put all the batteries on one side, and save the other side for storage (you can haul a cooler etc.. on the other side of the partition.) I didn't get a pic of it, but that's a pretty standard setup in an engine area, so I'm "assuming" that's the way this one was.

BCD24EC1-EB82-41D4-9E2A-C037E6AA89ED.jpeg

Something I didn't notice at the show, but have just noticed in the pic is that white strip deal on the back of the engine hatch. I have no idea what that is, and I'm kind of dying to find out now! LOL I'm hoping Greg will come on here and explain it to us, because I have stared at it for awhile now and have absolutely no clue.

7080D610-F741-49E3-B26B-577C3095CB7F.jpeg

It's all pretty standard stuff on here. Obviously you can pick your gauges, and your gunnel mount shifter. One thing you will notice is that little funky looking gas pedal. If you are wondering why they use that vs something more fancy it's because it's "fly by wire."

BF997F9D-04CE-43D4-A2DD-E9D0B27B75A8.jpeg
D02C468A-5B8A-491E-844F-5EF688BEED97.jpeg

The hull itself was the original Place Craft deck, and you can see that Shockwave retooled the top of it a little to make it more aesthetically pleasing then the original. As far as the PlaceCraft bottom, I'm far from an expert on these, but I believe it's the best one in the 23' Deck Boat Market. There's at least two manufacturers that I can think of off the top of my head that are building decks with this bottom.

The open bow is pretty huge in these things, and there is seating for four. Again I'm not an expert on them, but I think I'd stick with two people up front. I'd just be a little concerned about putting that much weight in the front of an already pretty low freeboard boat.

8E0AC063-BEB3-43CA-B188-9ACB4B3F8B1A.jpeg

Here you can see the gunnel recesses with cup holders. There's lots of exploratory options there with hidden lighting, stereo, etc.. Personally I think I would've ditched the rails on top and put
F1BF8A12-FC59-4FF2-9D22-D50093F89E9F.jpeg

Now Shockwave actually brought three of these boats to the show, with different propulsion packages. This one will end up living it's life as a Stern Drive (you pick the power).

Cheat Sheet Price -

350 HP Merc Stern Drive - 65,000

D4A62E33-4F0E-4A08-9678-4EF1CDB40AFE.jpeg
5C8EBCB1-E1ED-4547-BFA2-A0B144AADC36.jpeg
4049C8FD-3843-4E92-B748-E72395305FC4.jpeg

Then you have this one, which is in my opinion going to be the most exciting of the three. This is the Outboard Version of the boat, and you can see it really opens up the cabin space when they moved the rear bench back!

If I was building a 23' Shockwave, I'd probably lean towards the outboard myself. I think it would rip with a 350 / 400 on it, and be fun to drive when it was light.

Cheat Sheet Price -

350 HP Verado - 78,500

FA0CAAD6-0FFC-47D7-957D-E23204628400.jpeg
260FBB71-E51A-4A45-BF0C-B7ADDE97F731.jpeg
1630EC50-C427-441C-9EF6-060EE74DB4D8.jpeg
1FFD80B8-0709-4ED7-A1D0-47A8A05DEEFF.jpeg

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

View attachment 616570

It seems to be the new kinda "trend" amongst some guys.. When I was in the Howard booth I asked Mike about it, and he said he puts them all there as well. I looked at him and said "The one I took out didn't have it there" Turns out it was the first one built, but all the rest of them did. I'm not a fan of it either if I'm being honest.. I'd put it back under the bench or somewhere out of sight.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
View attachment 616559
Something I didn't notice at the show, but have just noticed in the pic is that white strip deal on the back of the engine hatch. I have no idea what that is, and I'm kind of dying to find out now! LOL I'm hoping Greg will come on here and explain it to us, because I have stared at it for awhile now and have absolutely no clue.

Possibly a light?

RCDave

Reaction score
In the words of Borat, that is where they install the "Pus&y Magnet". lol

Dirtbag

Reaction score
so pumped to see the 22 with the outboard setup. er talked abut it daily at the havasu show last year.

Dave on my boat the perko switch is under the back stairs

CobraDave

Reaction score
A Perko switch would be nice near the driver seat. Under the cushion, under the dash, on the side. In place where I don’t have to constantly say, “ can you get up, Rip the cushion off and switch it to two?”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dirtbag

Reaction score
A Perko switch would be nice near the driver seat. Under the cushion, under the dash, on the side. In place where I don’t have to constantly say, “ can you get up, Rip the cushion off and switch it to two?”

just confirmed it was a customer request....

FlyByWire

I just work here
Reaction score
so pumped to see the 22 with the outboard setup. er talked abut it daily at the havasu show last year.

Did you catch the 28 deck at this years show? It was insane

TLAW719

Reaction score
On my Shockwave 26' cat the perko switch is in the engine compartment. The middle of the back seat comes off and there is a hole to reach through for the perko switch, the cable for my on board charger and batter access if you kill the batteries.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
Dave - Maybe I’m off but I would have thought the 23’ Shockwave Deck with the 350 Verado would be less $$$ than the Jet or Stern Drive versions? Not 10K-20K more???

Riley1

Reaction score
Dave - Maybe I’m off but I would have thought the 23’ Shockwave Deck with the 350 Verado would be less $$$ than the Jet or Stern Drive versions? Not 10K-20K more???

I think a 300xs is closer to the sterndrive price.
That’s what I would build. But the wife said were not getting a smaller boat.

CobraDave

Reaction score
On my Shockwave 26' cat the perko switch is in the engine compartment. The middle of the back seat comes off and there is a hole to reach through for the perko switch, the cable for my on board charger and batter access if you kill the batteries.

I believe the hole you speak of is actually to pull the pins on the hatch ram/Rams to be able to lift the hatch manually in case the batteries die.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
It’s a light

Again I wasn't saying there was something wrong with it.. I just personally wouldn't put it in view. Some regarded as the best in the Industry also put their battery switch there. (Note I didn't call it a perko.. I believe these switches are from Blue Sea Systems? They don't look like a Perko to me)

You don't want to run that heavy of gauge battery cable that far for no reason.. It's large basically welding cable (fire cable) that would be for no reason other than convenience... Now completely disregard that for stereo shit... We will run that welding cable all over the damn boat and not apologize for it! LOL

Did you catch the 28 deck at this years show? It was insane

Pricing came from Shockwave today via Jeniffer Spiking. There's a possibility that it isn't right because she just grabbed some cheat sheets and fed me a bunch of pricing.. I'd call Shockwave themselves to double check. That said for the purposes of this report the pricing came from the MFG, if they need I'll change it.

I believe the hole you speak of is actually to pull the pins on the hatch ram/Rams to be able to lift the hatch manually in case the batteries die.

If you have ever actually needed to do that, it's a pretty shitty process. I hope I never have to do it again. (I've done it three different times on various boats.. which is why I'm big on how do you raise the hatch)

RD

TLAW719

Reaction score

No it isn't. The hole I am speaking of is on the right side of the boat and there is no hatch ram on that side. It is for what I said its for. However, there is another hole on the left side that could be used for the hatch ram as you said.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Great reports Dave - thanks for continuing your work on them - they're a pleasure to read

Dirtbag

Reaction score
daves wheres the rwrite up on the 28 DECK! haha

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
This boat is one that always holds a special place in my heart. The 21 walk through open bow.

There’s a ton of mfg’s with close variants (without really scouring the pics, I’d say possibly even the same hull).

I believe Ultra, Cobra, Tahiti, Shockwave and even some others basically build this same boat.

It was most popular with a small block and a bravo drive (alpha would actually be better Performance wise truth be told).

Back before the “Boom” in the early 2000’s they were insanely popular.. They are about a doscile of a boat anyone has ever driven, they will carry a ton of people and gear, and if you ask me are way more functional then any of the smaller decks.

Shockwave built two versions the 21 skier and the 21 step skier, which was basically the same boat with a small step integrated into it. I have heard that the step skier was good for a few mph over the traditional bottom, but I have also heard it was negligible. I have never been in a step skier or compare me them side by side so I couldn’t tell you for certain.

The reason this boat holds a special place in my heart is simple.. It represents everything I love about boating.

It’s all your friends out on the water, in your first (or second or third?) custom / Performance boat. It doesn’t represent a heloc, ornsome craxy over extended credit, nor does it represent bank accounts that could cover small countries deficits.. It’s entry level enough the main focus is fun and fun only. It’s an innocent kind of boat that just completely side steps the dick measuring contest that seems to be happening all over the water nowadays. Every time I see one I smile and think about the times I spent with John Green in His (His was an Ultra Stealth but same basic concept)

61A867A1-2475-4173-AE82-426AD78FCE59.jpeg

Big open bows in a smaller boat equals plenty of room for seating.
BB8A1B80-7858-44D9-9DD6-940C6664B45D.jpeg

Small block power, typically with the batteries on one side and room for a cooler or a tub of gear on the other.
B3197A52-C49F-4844-9F2B-CB49E85770B8.jpeg

I wish I took a better pic of it but you can see it’s a cab forward design. You can get it with or without the jumpseats behind the drivers seat. Some of the mfg’s would ditch one or both jump seats and put a Stainless Coleman extreme cooler there with a seat cushion that matched the boat on top. (I would recommend this).

Invariably they end up with two 10’s or two 12’s in front of the driver and passenger seats (party party!).

C9C4E98C-3F8E-4DC3-8D2E-07B0EE14660F.jpeg

Just s nice simple clean dash.. For some reason I always expect to see old school gaffrigs here.. lol. I do like the looks of these little Stainless gauges for this application.. I think those are Beede or some other variant.

70D8DE10-A11A-4B67-A127-2ED20DE94776.jpeg

My memory is fading but I don’t believe most the other mfg’s have this little notch / edge detail on the back of them.

(By the way I love the game of Thrones reference!!)

8DDEE0C0-A264-48A8-A869-042026320DE0.jpeg

These amps I believe were in the engine bay.. I’d put some kinda beauty ring to cover up where the wires go through the holes.. just looks kinda weird like that.

2909A23A-948E-4C14-9230-D3CB42BAA287.jpeg

I haven’t tested one with the new 6.2’s but I can tell you they have way more midrange then the old 350’s.. As in shockingly more power than the old ones. I’d guess this boat will run low sixties with this package. What’s better yet is price for fun is good because it’s less than 60k. I’m going off memory here but I believe Shockwave sells this boat for 57,900?

On the ten thousand per mph scale this boat is winning.. On the fun scale it’s dominating!

Congrats to the new owner, good times are ahead.

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
This is the most underestimated boat in Shocwaves line up.. I have always felt this boat didn’t get the attention or press it truly deserves. This is the 25 Tremor!

If I was gonna buy a Shockwave then this would be the boat. It’s big enough to run on Havasu and Parker on Holiday weekends, and small enough that you can still take it out by yourself or with the wife and not have to hassle with “big boat” problems. The 24 degree deadrise makes sure you won’t get beat up, and the bottom is surprisingly fast with moderate horsepower levels.

C2F9C657-2C04-4225-8EBB-3E5462B29649.jpeg

Quick shout out to Livorsi for making what I consider to be the nicest tabs on the market. They have plenty of Annodes on them, they are billet, and integrate in all kinds of cool options from Bracketed under water lights, to even Sonar.. Love to see Shockwave using these!

D0D1A660-003D-4907-BFA5-7B51D19D4DFA.jpeg

The engine bay is clean and I was a little surprised to see a 565 hiding in there!

Unfortunately I gotta be fair with everyone and I did it to Chris at Interceptor so I gotta do it to ole Shockwave as well.

In zooming in you can see there’s a smidge of clearance from the blower hose to the exhaust but not much.. I just have this vision in my head of losing an impeller, smoking those rubber couplers and things going up in flames. I guess one saving grace is if someone did smoke those rubber couplers (depending on the size of the hole) it might sink fast enough to help put out the flames.. It is absolutely crazy to me that someone would the most flammable thing in the boat right next to or on top of the exhaust manifolds. People lose impellers all the time, and some guys try to “limp” them back home.. That could be a pretty ugly situation depending on a few variables.

87F41FFD-42D5-420E-8FBD-ED1065BB2A9F.jpeg

I gotta figure out who makes this Steering wheel.. I absolutely love the looks of it! I hate to sound like those “other guys” but I really like the gauge layout Shockwave did here as well. (That is the first time I have ever said that in a write up)

54BC5106-7ABB-49CB-8C39-F717AAFB57F0.jpeg

This boat had easy access to the dash panel so Infigure we had to show off some of Shockwave’s wiring skills!

They did a really nice looking job here. Again they aren’t making art with it, but this is about as nice as it gets before you jump that next level if “exotic.”

CB8E9565-1F60-493E-B691-15F8E1929FBA.jpeg

A lot of mfg’s will try to put little jumpseats down here, which could be used if you had an infant or something. I actually like the fact that Shockwave made it a flat floor. Easy for coolers and storing other items, and that same infant could lay on a blanket right here just the same.

Looking back real quick you can see this will be the first size in the Shockwave vees that offers sit down or stand up seating for the front. This boat has a lot of freeboard in it and can be driven either way. That’s a plus as well for some wives that get nervous about boats. Sitting in something vs sitting on something type deal.

DD40187E-53A2-4217-9B45-72360D2DC547.jpeg

43463ADD-A6F9-4E64-B397-7B78A8A41FC7.jpeg

The Tremor has a nice balance here for an open bow. Some of the other boats in this size range have such a sharp point at the bow that their open bows are tiny. This one isn’t massive like say a 240, but the boat doesn’t have that really wide look in the front either.

9BAF0ABA-0BDC-47D3-B9C6-33513331A155.jpeg

Great boat and I’d be proud to own it! I’d take all of about five minutes and reroute that blower hose and enjoy it for years to come.

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
This boat was built for an RDP member and it was more or less the flagship of the Shockwave booth. It’s the 28’ with a Merc 600.

Starting off you can see the boat is half capped in the front (and I’m presuming rear, somehow I didn’t get a pic of the transom). It truly does add to the look of these decks.

I’m bummed because I had a side pic of the boat and I just tried to move it to an album on my phone and I accidentally deleted it along with some of the photos I have already used. If someone has one feel free to post it up and I will add it in. It’s a beautiful boat and the color choices are very nice.. The darker colors are gonna be hot in the summer, but most of it is on the outside so it’s not a problem.

71C06891-49B4-4C5B-BE87-B47A4F3A9672.jpeg

I mentioned in an earlier review that I wish Shockwave did more with their interiors (three dimensional) and this is a good example of them heading down that path!

Side note I like how they have contrasting colors on the entrance and the walking areas.

A2E9D6C1-184F-4121-98A5-CCB88B8344F4.jpeg

Boat has those bad ass push button switches, the double throw down Isotta steering wheel, vessel view and Livorsi vantage view.

AFE92C47-44DF-45CF-9A45-91C82DA5ED86.jpeg
4E5C2F59-A8AA-4F35-B470-AF1F0078A388.jpeg

Pretty nice setup with the subs in the helms, and the stereo control on the passenger side. I’m really liking the dark blue he chose on the build as well.

6EF1EA71-5B50-4B01-B448-3F08810A1DDB.jpeg

Checking out some of the storage in the boat. They used the big boy hinges for the top hatch.

7349047A-8724-4F13-BBE9-0C4036D67F11.jpeg

I have always liked these removable flat panels in here. You can pull them out and put things you would never use underneath them, and then put things you use more often on top. Shockwave is the only mfg that does this (to my knowledge).

The sub is on the left hand side of the pic. I have no idea if those are free air subs or not, but I’m guessing they aren’t. Pretty expensive set of subs to have it there as wall art. (No box means no Boom Boom)

2388889A-8F7F-425E-8BC0-B3A2A0AC21FB.jpeg

Typical large storage areas under the front seats.

DA49CDB8-DB5D-462F-84F4-2C57B84A978B.jpeg
656CDAF0-1B84-4921-BAC4-E46F56250574.jpeg

I really like the fact that under the rear bench you can use it for storage or as a cooler. I’m pretty sure Shockwave actually insulated these as well.

90198844-BC5F-4DCD-9311-5F74A37342F6.jpeg

Nothing prettier than a finished out engine hatch! Smooth white is always classy. Some people will throw a graphic on there that matches the rest of the boat.. it generally depends on the boat and style but I like all white more often then not.

I have absolutely no idea what that wire in the far corner of the engine hatch is.. Hazarding a guess it might be a stern light? Or maybe some lights on the hatch itself? I don’t care what it is, a wire just randomly dangling down into the bilge? Let alone on a 170-180,000 build? I’m literally speechless. Again I have no idea why you would need to get Power up there but thats not the way you do it.

The hydraulic lines running down and around the funnel like that aren’t doing the build justice either. If you have to use those lines (which you don’t) I’d run them into and through the gunnel just behind the hinge mounting plate. You can either do that with 90 degree fittings or you could run them through at an angle if you had too.

797869AD-60EB-4542-AFC7-29E3588B5AF0.jpeg

Honestly I’d ditch these cheeseball lines entirely. If for some reason I was going to keep them I’d run a couple of fittings to get them back to the transom then up to the splitters in the gunnel.

Which brings us to yet another blower hose laying on an exhaust manifold. I’m not going to keep repeating myself. I can assure you this isn’t industry norm. If a boat showed up to the rdp boat tests and it was like that, they wouldn’t even run it. Virtually nothing should be touching the exhausts in the bilge of a boat.

Taking the negative hat off for a second. I genuinely do not understand Shockwaves blower hose program. In one of the earlier boats there was two blower hoses running up into the gunnel. This one it looks like they are pulling air from the outside bilge and pumping it into the center bilge. I’m not a boat builder so maybe I’m missing something, but thats sure what it looks like in the pic.

7C9D70D5-D58C-47A9-BE21-DCA5C5DF2EDD.jpeg

I know it would probably be fine forever.. but I’d move that battery cable from in between the two boxes.

C2D871EC-20AE-4C0F-9F23-BA277C9C3730.jpeg

Finally The rear engine hatch has integrated head rests and they integrated some of the diamond stitching pattern from the other areas of the boat. It’s honestly the nicest hatch from Shockwave I have seen to date!

41CC761E-F24F-4B75-B2D4-CC6DD53628B6.jpeg

This is a 600 Boat.. If someone is dropping that kind of coin on a build it’s time to showcase your skills as a builder. I feel like they might have rushed this one to get it to the show.

Things I would change immediately is that blower hose, and the battery cable. If the hydraulic lines don’t bother you then leave it.. If it does, take it back I’m sure they will clean it up. Overall it’s gonna be a bad ass boat after some minor tweaks, and I look forward to seeing it out on the water all summer long!

Attachments

• 771D0B67-8DF5-468B-894A-85F1A1EFFF5C.jpeg
    771D0B67-8DF5-468B-894A-85F1A1EFFF5C.jpeg
    60.4 KB · Views: 248
Last edited:

milkmoney

Reaction score
I agree on that cool looking steering wheel , if you can get the info, please share , thinking of doing a whole dash upgrade this,winter and I i like it [emoji106] [emoji202]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Rvrluvr

CLAMP ON RACING
Reaction score
question... What is the difference between a gunnel & a funnel? Is it just a typo? Reason I ask is you have said funnel several times throughout the (BS :D ) report.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
I agree on that cool looking steering wheel , if you can get the info, please share , thinking of doing a whole dash upgrade this,winter and I i like it [emoji106] [emoji202]

This winter is close to over Milfy.

RCDave

Reaction score
I've ridden in the Shockwave Skier and Step Skier. The step had a deeper v at 21 degrees, not the rounded keel 18 degree bottom. It's a great riding 21' and is faster too. 77-78mph with a stock 502 may mpi.

Last edited:

CobraDave

Reaction score
I was very impressed with the Tremor interiors. Here is a couple pics of the red tremor they had.
IMG_5857.JPG
IMG_5858.JPG

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
since it seemed like the rage won my last question of rage vs 25xs, now lets have rage vs tremor, which would you have?

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
since it seemed like the rage won my last question of rage vs 25xs, now lets have rage vs tremor, which would you have?

Nordic
Hair faster with the same power
better rigging
all composite construction

Shockwave
Looks better (personal opinion)
Rides better
more freeboard
probably a better deal
I would personally say better resale....They seem to sell pretty quick for good $$$ so not as big of a loss from new purchase to sale.

They are both great boats.....I have always liked the Tremor a hair more due to size and looks but honestly it would come down to the deal I could get.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
question... What is the difference between a gunnel & a funnel? Is it just a typo? Reason I ask is you have said funnel several times throughout the (BS :D ) report.

It’s the phone.. No matter how many times I have typed gunnel it hasn’t inserted it into its dictionary yet. However I realized I must curse a lot because if I write the word shut it changes it to shit now.. lol.

Andy01

Reaction score
The 28 Deck was finished after the show, there were a few changes this past week and it will be out here this weekend.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Adrenaline Custom Boats - 928-404-5522

Adrenaline is a newer manufacturer that has come on the scene in the last couple of years. They are most known because they purchased the Howard Cat Mold, the DCB F-26 Mold, and the DCB Extreme 28 Mold. The owner's name is Dean and is a pretty nice, no nonsense kind of guy.

To my knowledge this is the second cat that they have built. The first one is white and blue and can be seen in Lake Havasu pretty much on any given weekend. How that boat actually runs has been a subject of a lot of internet threads and posts over the last year. If you ask me the straight answer is "I have no idea." Until we go run one, we don't know.

As for the looks of the boat everybody falls into two camps.. Either they absolutely love it, or they absolutely hate it, and there doesn't seem to be any in between. I have seen the white / blue one out on the water quite a bit, and I fall into the like it category.

There's two things that are flat undeniable when you walk up to one of these in person.
1. The boat makes a huge impression / statement. If you have a 100 boats parked on a beach, and this is one of them, this is going to be the one that stands out from the pack.

2. There are some boats kind of "ooze" richness and build quality. I gotta give it up to Dean on this, even before you get in it you can tell this thing is built to the hilt, and there is nothing done "cheaply" on this boat. That said I have absolutely no idea what he charges for one, or what the options would be on one other than power.

There is no question this boat is what I'd call a "young mans" boat. Meaning it's not going to be the easiest to get in and out of at the docks. It's not as bad as you think though, hold on one second.

BB1E72F1-614F-4D7B-B11C-5E375F0EFAC6.jpeg

The interior is all about style. The flat dashes are built for screens (optional one in the middle). To get on the bow you'd step on the passenger seat, step on the dash, move to the center of the dash and over. Again this is a young mans boat that is all about form and a little less about function in this department. That said I've seen worse programs to get to the front of the boat.

The picture becomes perfectly clear as soon as you look inside the boat that this isn't a build based on budget. Everything about it is bad ass.

F4E54F21-81BF-44F1-AF4F-D55DDBBF8ABA.jpeg

Honestly it really doesn't get much cooler than this.

A11D2E10-2E35-4A0F-9EEB-81E49D37E08B.jpeg

I love everything about it.. If I was looking for something to complain about, I'd guess you could say the trim gauge on the other side of the throttle could be placed a little more prominently to make it easier to see.. But I'm not really one that drives boats off Trim gauges so it's irrelevant to me.

3B7F30DC-A517-485F-AEEA-7FB68CF5F448.jpeg

This boat is tall enough that there is actually some clearance under the dash. They decided to put a full interior under here with the cuddy seats, and a filler in between. In theory you could sleep under here, but I don't know anybody that would. It wouldn't look near as classy, but something to consider in the future would be thinner cushions that are flat just to easily throw soft sided coolers in there and other items. I'm pretty sure that center cushion lifts up to a storage compartment for anchors / slide anchors etc.

E62E4C9A-1DE1-4C64-A1E3-CE15C6E5193D.jpeg

There's more detail in these cuddy seats then there are in some of the boat interiors at the show. Also note the exposed fiberglass is all finished / gelled and polished. I didn't catch it at the show, but there's something weird going on in the bottom right hand corner of this picture. I'm guessing that's a seam line or something that isn't finished.

E3BA822E-00DE-4598-94AD-433536A6EEAE.jpeg

Disregard the gap between the headrests and the seat backs. They had started to open the engine hatch when I snapped this picture, and the picture I had before it was kinda "blah." With the hatch closed it all fits perfectly. You can see in between the seats they put a couple little sea deck pads for steps to walk up and out of the boat.

9650F235-03E6-461B-8864-5B3337A6D424.jpeg

Engine hatch continueing to open when I took this pic. You can see right off the bat all the finishes are first class. The interior is going to be extremely comfortable and functional. Those protrusions in between where a persons legs would go are the new "hotness" and DCB has been doing it for awhile. To the right you can see the fiberglass insert in the gunnel with a grab handle / speaker and lights.

B0CD9B93-6D02-4D29-BE2B-ECFE8D311735.jpeg

The single hatch ram detracts from the looks a bit, but I'll tell you it's a ton more functional. If you have to climb in this bilge to work on something you'll be extremely thankful that you aren't having to work around hatch rams on either side. You can also see they did hidden hinges internally at the back of the hatch. The bilge has all been finished, and they are using fascias and running the rigging underneath and behind so you can't see anything. This takes a lot of talent and planning to do it right.. Note / no cables running down for the throttle etc.. It's all as tight as you can make it. The single blower hose was done in black to minimize visual impact as well. There's a couple of tricky ways he could even ditch that if he wanted too!

6C44E71F-FCE0-413D-9C23-F505A62B6341.jpeg

As much as I'm a fan of Merc motors, it was really nice to see something "hot rod" at the show.. I miss going to the boat shows and opening the hatches and seeing all the polished blowers / and headers etc. TCM is Carb approved, and I hope more mfg's start building real deal hot rod boats again.

9DE16BB0-8BF1-4720-8AA3-F0447D8B731C.jpeg

These are the billet fender holders and there's two sets of them in the bilge. There's nothing cheap about these bad boys.. I will tell Dean that GRP makes these that actually look a little nicer than these ones if you are shopping around for something that's going to match the theme of the boat a little better.

7DF174E2-5C70-47E3-B5EE-95D577457E2A.jpeg

Down in front of the motor is the only rigging you are going to see. It's basically the sea strainer, the trim pump, and I'm guessing a wire to run the bilge pump. Truth be told they could've hid that wire as well. Not sure why they didn't run it under the floor back to where it should go. If that's my biggest "hhhmm" on the build, I'd say this guy is pretty much hitting home runs and running around the bases twice.

58A78E44-274B-4AC4-8857-BECE9291A25A.jpeg

Just a shot of the front of the engine bay on the starboard side. Again this thing is beautiful.

431FE51D-D4DE-4196-BAF4-64F14794B442.jpeg

All of the batteries and rigging are going to be found in the sub floor which starts underneath the back seat. It hides everything and makes it look bad ass.. God help you when it's time to change batteries etc.. That's the price you pay for being cool though.

08F60F4B-BC51-480B-9D4C-5AC966F3C83C.jpeg

It's kind of hard to see in the pic, but they really did a nice job with everything.

875A5361-0BA8-486D-9AB6-183242819766.jpeg

Your battery switch is going to be on the front of the back seat base, along with the onboard charger. It's discreet and you don't really see it because of the over hang of the seats, and it's super accessible. The thing on the left is an on board charger where you plug the boat in and it charges the batteries etc. I know they put it there to keep it close to the batteries.. My only suggestion to Dean, especially because the gunnels of this boat are so tall is stick it somewhere near the edge of the boat. After a hard day of partying and boating, the last thing I'd want to do is climb up all the way into the boat again just to plug it in. I'd rather have it somewhere tucked away by the edge of the boat so I could just reach over and be done.

CC143695-7A8E-44BC-AAB3-95E7C5D658E3.jpeg

Note the use of multi color gel / pin lines on the interior liner.

B90C9E7D-0A94-4E9C-B349-7738EB4DF7F1.jpeg

Passenger side gunnel has the fusion control (NMEA), and as well has a voltage gauge, usb ports (1A / 2A) and a cigarette lighter. Just a thought looking at the pic, a little recessed tub to throw the phones that are charging in wouldn't be a bad idea? Couple inches deep with some sea deck or something to keep things from slipping and sliding.

D41A286E-10A9-47FD-8E9F-0EE63672603A.jpeg

Pic is upside down, but now you can see what it is.
D89831D4-5726-4122-8A04-0D923A7AA567.jpeg

Shot of the bow from over the windshield. I'm a simple guy, I'd ditch that edge detail in between the sponsons, but other seemed to like it quite a bit.

61B2760C-4CCE-456E-B37A-C7898A8A9DD0.jpeg

I really like how they are incorporating "style" into the rigging here.. Anybody could've run the bilge dumps, and inner cooler dump side by side.. It's pretty bad ass that they stacked them, and then included a flush kit in the middle. It's the little things like this that tell you this guy isn't playing around and fully intends to be at the top of the game right from the get go.

65941CE1-76B9-44E1-972D-11AEBDDA36FB.jpeg

This is a close up of one of the integrated swim steps on one side.

3EAB94F2-4AD7-4F3C-9C39-0FD72301367C.jpeg

As you can see they have a little stair case going down the center of the engine hatch, and they have two plexi windows on either side of it so you can see in the engine bay. At night on the docks it's going to be pretty cool looking in there and seeing that TCM mill sitting in there without any clutter around it. The stair case is actually pretty easy to use, and you aren't going to need cat like reflexes to get down to the water. They tried to keep the transom as clean as possible by only putting one grab handle on the port side, and one ladder.

Take note that the swim steps have a reverse angle on them so when the boat is at rest in the water they tend to be parallel with the water (nice touch!). In this photo you can also see the large oversized fuel fill they put at the top of the gunnel, which kind of matches the look of all the fasteners for the windshield.. It's pretty sporty looking and adds to the "race" / "exotic" theme.

Any guesses to the guy standing in the background is?

B9A8A861-0259-44AC-AEBB-9C6162F7C962.jpeg

So without pricing or performance numbers, and just judging it on the quality of what was brought and what I saw.. I'd say Adrenaline is on the fast track to being at or near the top of the game. What that is going to depend on is the laminate processes / materials used, and most importantly can they bring the numbers on the performance side. None of those we are going to know about from just banging around in the boat for a few minutes at the boat show.

Overall I give it two thumbs up, and look forward to learning more about them as they progress. I'm also looking forward to seeing what he does with the F-26 model (I know he's already made it a wrap around windshield), and the FX28 mold.

RD

milkmoney

Reaction score
I can't wait to see the f26 or m26 that adrenaline builds [emoji106] [emoji202]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
There is no question this boat is what I'd call a "young mans" boat. Meaning it's not going to be the easiest to get in and out of at the docks. It's not as bad as you think though, hold on one second.

View attachment 617146

The interior is all about style. The flat dashes are built for screens (optional one in the middle). To get on the bow you'd step on the passenger seat, step on the dash, move to the center of the dash and over. Again this is a young mans boat that is all about form and a little less about function in this department. That said I've seen worse programs to get to the front of the boat.

The picture becomes perfectly clear as soon as you look inside the boat that this isn't a build based on budget. Everything about it is bad ass.

RD

Hatch in this picture is how you access the deck without going over the windshield.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
In this photo you can also see the large oversized fuel fill they put at the top of the gunnel, which kind of matches the look of all the fasteners for the windshield.. It's pretty sporty looking and adds to the "race" / "exotic" theme.

View attachment 617149

RD

Prolly shoulda opened the fuel fill and gave it a once over. ;)

LBZRCKS

Reaction score
Adrenaline Custom Boats - 928-404-5522

Adrenaline is a newer manufacturer that has come on the scene in the last couple of years. They are most known because they purchased the Howard Cat Mold, the DCB F-26 Mold, and the DCB Extreme 28 Mold. The owner's name is Dean and is a pretty nice, no nonsense kind of guy.

To my knowledge this is the second cat that they have built. The first one is white and blue and can be seen in Lake Havasu pretty much on any given weekend. How that boat actually runs has been a subject of a lot of internet threads and posts over the last year. If you ask me the straight answer is "I have no idea." Until we go run one, we don't know.

As for the looks of the boat everybody falls into two camps.. Either they absolutely love it, or they absolutely hate it, and there doesn't seem to be any in between. I have seen the white / blue one out on the water quite a bit, and I fall into the like it category.

There's two things that are flat undeniable when you walk up to one of these in person.
1. The boat makes a huge impression / statement. If you have a 100 boats parked on a beach, and this is one of them, this is going to be the one that stands out from the pack.

2. There are some boats kind of "ooze" richness and build quality. I gotta give it up to Dean on this, even before you get in it you can tell this thing is built to the hilt, and there is nothing done "cheaply" on this boat. That said I have absolutely no idea what he charges for one, or what the options would be on one other than power.

RD

IIRC, one of his guys working the booth said $260k with the TCM1050

Blownbillybob

Reaction score
Totally DUG this Adrenaline boat was attracted to its high end styling and lines deff looking forward to seeing the other boats POP out