WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

OCM Offshore Custom Marine Lake Havasu City AZ

Tommy Gun Images

Media Lackey
Staff member
Reaction score
Tom,
Please tell me where I rubbed Daves face in it. Better yet, tell me where I said " I told you so" . Start reading my posts. Maybe start reading other members posts that went for Daves throat and then tell me why you're pointing out my opinion.
FYI, my recommendation was just a word of advice and nowhere does it mention I'm a better person than Dave.

It reads that way to me. Maybe you didn't intend it to sound that way, but it seems to me to have that tone. Frankly I didn't get into the other thread because I've got other things to do, but I've sat I front of Dave while he told me about it and I know he was doing what he thought was right. Telling him you recommend him not meddling in members business reeks of condescension to me, but it could just be the way I'm reading it.

Tommy Gun Images

Media Lackey
Staff member
Reaction score
Joker isn't wrong, Dave did get fucked on this one. Dave believed in OCM and did his best to back them up. RD goes above and beyond to help people, that I commend. Sad situation, if anyone needs help getting their boat out let me know, I'll drive 230 miles and pull it out for them. Pink Taco, best of luck with pictures, this isn't your strong suit.

Where did I say Dave didn't get fucked?

Tommy Gun Images

Media Lackey
Staff member
Reaction score
Joker isn't wrong, Dave did get fucked on this one. Dave believed in OCM and did his best to back them up. RD goes above and beyond to help people, that I commend. Sad situation, if anyone needs help getting their boat out let me know, I'll drive 230 miles and pull it out for them. Pink Taco, best of luck with pictures, this isn't your strong suit.

In fact I didn't say joker was wrong. I said he was condescending and that rubbing daves face in it sucked.

BajaT

Reaction score
.[video=youtube;q23e02p0vss]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q23e02p0vss[/video]

glamis0812

Reaction score
Go on glamisdunes and I'm sure you can get a great deal on a Extreme sand car right now.

Struv

Reaction score
You gave benefit of the doubt and there is nothing wrong with that. Get your boats out of there, if you need a hand please PM me.

I figured it out at 2:00 am last night when I googled the wire transfer activation and read the pdf file from Chase's banking website.

https://chaseonline.chase.com/resources/Wire_Recipient_Template_Help_Guide.pdf

This morning when I was texted a Federal Wire #, I once again found myself believing (against my gut feeling) that perhaps Tim is just the unluckiest guy in the world when it comes to wire transfers and it was "possible" (hypothetically) that he really was getting boned by the bank.

I really... really really really really wanted Tim to be on the up and up on this, and I was really hoping that that things he was telling me would materialize or be true. At this point though, there's just no way I could find myself believing any of it.

Tim told me twice this morning that he had plenty of cash on hand to cover this, and if worst came to worst he would cancel the wire, and go to the bank and get a cashiers check. He said he wouldn't be happy about having to float 120K out of his account but would do it if he had too.

Well.. The guy showed up here in Havasu. No wire.. No cancellation.. and yet again No Cashiers check.

As I was leaving OCM, Tim said to me "I said I would do that on monday, because I need to move more money from my personal account to be able to do that."

I just told him "I don't want to hear it.." and left.

RD

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
To be clear other then being lied too, I don't feel like I got fucked..

I feel like I got lied too.. I feel like I'm gonna take some shit for believing what I was told and giving the benefit of the doubt. (I'm ok with that) But fucked I did not.

29'Commander got boned.. I'm hoping my buddy didn't get boned.

RD

drtywhat

Reaction score
With respect... Go fuck your self.
With all due respect, I'll let that slide since you seemed worked up. You didn't catch my irony and sense of humor. But if you must tell me fuck off do it in person next time. It will mean more to me. [emoji106]

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
DAVE, get 29 Commander on a boat and head up to Topock to help him drown his sorrow's in beer and pasties. That's what a friend (or at least a forum leader) would do:D:boobeyes::drink:thumbup:

Tommy Gun Images

Media Lackey
Staff member
Reaction score
With all due respect, I'll let that slide since you seemed worked up. You didn't catch my irony and sense of humor. But if you must tell me fuck off do it in person next time. It will mean more to me. [emoji106]

Noted...

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score

I feel like I got lied too.. I feel like I'm gonna take some shit for believing what I was told and giving the benefit of the doubt. (I'm ok with that) But fucked I did not.

RD
Being lied to is a terrible feeling. I loaned a good "friend" some money and he skipped town. It was a kick to the gut for sure, but I learned from it and hopefully it will never happen again but you never can be sure because people are fucked up and money is the ruler of all evils.

Struv

Reaction score

RD

Well said.

McRib

aka HWlaser23, "B" team member
Reaction score
Being lied to is a terrible feeling. I loaned a good "friend" some money and he skipped town. It was a kick to the gut for sure, but I learned from it and hopefully it will never happen again but you never can be sure because people are fucked up and money is the ruler of all evils.

I love when people put a price on friendship. Don't look at it as you lost money and a friend. You look at it as.... it just cost me xxxx to get rid of a cancerous douche from my life. Score!

TLAW719

Reaction score
Good on you RD. You tried to do the right thing. Unfortunately sometimes the saying is true, "no good deed goes unpunished" Hopefully 29'commander will get his money someday.
As for Tim, he just needs a high five.....in the face.....with a chair.

Joker

Reaction score
In fact I didn't say joker was wrong. I said he was condescending and that rubbing daves face in it sucked.

Tom, you're going to think what you want. I'll grant Daves wish and stay the fuck away.
Have a good night.

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
Dave i feel your pain, it wasn't that long ago that i was supporting Murray on the boards only to be one of the people to get ripped off from him.
Hell when i bought the motorhome from Tim i trusted him too.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
I love when people put a price on friendship. Don't look at it as you lost money and a friend. You look at it as.... it just cost me xxxx to get rid of a cancerous douche from my life. Score!
Damn, you hit the nail on the head.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
It ain't easy running a business when the bills never end and sales get slow.

But if you don't have enough capital, you don't belong in that business.

I doubt Tim has the personal cash to cover the debt, and he may very well skip town over the weekend.

TBI

Thumbless Wonder
Reaction score
Probably not. That's the escape vehicle! :yikes
Dragnet.jpg

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
What a totally fucked situation. I would be wanting blood if i was 29' right about now.....

This type of shit is exactly why you do deals in hard cash. There is no stop payment, there is no "the funds are in the system". You sign the title and take the brown bag.

Wombat

The Great Southern land
Reaction score
Spot on. Every now and then l do a bit of gardening to weed out negative corrosive people out of my life.:thumbup:

Wombat

The Great Southern land
Reaction score
What a totally fucked situation. I would be wanting blood if i was 29' right about now.....

This type of shit is exactly why you do deals in hard cash. There is no stop payment, there is no "the funds are in the system". You sign the title and take the brown bag.
Good life's lesson for sure. l never, ever, hand over anything of value until the funds have cleared my bank.:thumbup:
If they don't like it, please move on thank you.:thumbup:

AzGeo

Fair winds and following seas George.. Rest Easy..
Reaction score
It sucks a friendship was killed over this issue. You definitely learn who your friends are in tough times sometimes. Obviously the way Dave fought for him shows his true character. I would be honored to call him my friend.

repeatedly lies to your face ? Honest people have a 'trust level', yet 'liars and cheats' do not .

IF this guy was a 'true friend' in this case, he would have told Dave 'face to face' "I'm having money troubles, and I need time to work these problems out" .

HE DID NOT, he used an 'honest public figure' to perpetuate his (and his wife's) lies and misdealing's . "We think it's time to move on".

IT sure as hell is !

boat527

Reaction score
I've been lurking and have read every post.. I live in Portland ( Vancouver actually-right across the River) and this is like reading a rewind...

Never Dealt with Tim though I have met him a few times and almost worked for him way back when... Thank God... Things happen for a reason. It never worked out

My statement is this:

Some people rail on Social media and the internet in general but what would have transpired if this site didn't exist? Kudos to you Dave for having a good heart and trying to see both sides ( and possibly the best in people)
What really sucks is greed will kill any good business , that and the lack of operating Capital.. Keep it simple, take on what you can. Don't count on umteepth thousands in inventory.. It may never sell. Then you are screwed.

This whole deal has made everyone aware of what to do , and not do , if you consign your boat. I sold my boat , man on man. It took a while but it got done. food for thought.

riverroyal

Reaction score
It ain't easy running a business when the bills never end and sales get slow.

But if you don't have enough capital, you don't belong in that business.

I doubt Tim has the personal cash to cover the debt, and he may very well skip town over the weekend.

Unfortunately tim stayed in the game to long. He most likely does love the business, the building, the feeling off being around boats, high end toys. It's a great gig, very very addicting lifestyle. He just ran out of cash coming in and stayed in the game to long. It's not uncommon.
Unfortunately he had to bullshit his way in the end when he should have bailed months ago. People got screwed, people are pissed, but a huge amount of businesses end this way. Tim was hanging on by a thread hoping cash flow would increase, it didn't. I don't know the guy or would ever defend him, but he didn't go into ocm to screw people. That wasnt his intent, it ended that way though. I don't feel sorry for the guy either, he got delusional, couldn't let the dream go. Had to lie to keep his ego afloat, another American dream implosion.
Bad business model, to much overspending? Sponsoring events? Sand cars? Not the smartest business man? Arrogance?
I like how everyone says how can someone do this, shit look around, who doesn't do this.

I hope the new magic boats moves in to the building:rolleyes

River Lynchmob

What can I do to u for u?
Reaction score
Why have neither of these guys driven to OCM and pulled up a chair right at his desk? If he owed me 60 large I would be there the next day and I can guarantee you he wouldn't be skipping shit I'd be parked at his business follow him home and I would park in his driveway so he could go any where...that SOB would be paying up one way or another!

Kudos to Dave for trying to put the whole thing to bed and help these guys out...bummer it didn't work out.

Mini Kat

Hammer Makin' Payments
Reaction score
Why have neither of these guys driven to OCM and pulled up a chair right at his desk? If he owed me 60 large I would be there the next day and I can guarantee you he wouldn't be skipping shit I'd be parked at his business follow him home and I would park in his driveway so he could go any where...that SOB would be paying up one way or another!

Kudos to Dave for trying to put the whole thing to bed and help these guys out...bummer it didn't work out.

BINGO!!

Attachments

• 10995435_10205722819382022_4775889115912677424_n.jpg
    10995435_10205722819382022_4775889115912677424_n.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 59

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Unfortunately tim stayed in the game to long. He most likely does love the business, the building, the feeling off being around boats, high end toys. It's a great gig, very very addicting lifestyle. He just ran out of cash coming in and stayed in the game to long. It's not uncommon.
Unfortunately he had to bullshit his way in the end when he should have bailed months ago. People got screwed, people are pissed, but a huge amount of businesses end this way. Tim was hanging on by a thread hoping cash flow would increase, it didn't. I don't know the guy or would ever defend him, but he didn't go into ocm to screw people. That wasnt his intent, it ended that way though. I don't feel sorry for the guy either, he got delusional, couldn't let the dream go. Had to lie to keep his ego afloat, another American dream implosion.
Bad business model, to much overspending? Sponsoring events? Sand cars? Not the smartest business man? Arrogance?
I like how everyone says how can someone do this, shit look around, who doesn't do this.

I hope the new magic boats moves in to the building:rolleyes
Lived the high life on someone else dime is what he did. Took out cash for his lifestyle when he should've kept it as operating capital. I know other grown people that can not handle their finances.

Struv

Reaction score
I love when people put a price on friendship. Don't look at it as you lost money and a friend. You look at it as.... it just cost me xxxx to get rid of a cancerous douche from my life. Score![/QUOTE

I just texted a cancerous fuck that decided stop paying his portion. He's a lawyer, been talking shit to him for a year, waiting on the subpoena.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

The guy did goto his desk today.. They ended up going to the police station as well.

boat527

Reaction score

Well yeah!!..

Rules of the Jungle..Sometimes bodily harm is the best wake up call! I see an angry Mob for a snake oil salesman! Its worked in the past but now theres laws against that.. Freekin liberals!

G. Faulk

Reaction score

Fucking A right. Tit for Tat. If I had a boat in that place I'd be there now getting it out with the door open or closed it don't matter.

River Lynchmob

Reaction score
The guy did goto his desk today.. They ended up going to the police station as well.

Good...but my ass wouldn't leave his side until I had my money...I'd be parked in his driveway blocking his garage...there would be no way he would be out of my site!

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
What a totally fucked up deal.

Nice work RD. Sorry it didn't work out.

River Lynchmob

Reaction score
Fucking A right. Tit for Tat. If I had a boat in that place I'd be there now getting it out with the door open or closed it don't matter.

I have tow hooks and a hitch for a reason :skull

boat527

Reaction score
I thinks its "sight'... Before the pro.nun.ci.a.tion...assholes jump your shit.....:)

2Driver

Reaction score
RD You spent a shit load of personal time unwinding a huge mess that hopefully the boat owners will benefit from. :thumbup:

My instincts say that this guy has spent everyone's cash on something and is about to file BR or run or both..

CampbellCarl

Reaction score
RD You spent a shit load of personal time unwinding a huge mess that hopefully the boat owners will benefit from. :thumbup:

My instincts say that this guy has spent everyone's cash on something and is about to file BR or urn or both..

Appropriate typo...spent everybody's cash on an urn..

Tim's wife just may need that urn...