WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

New iPhone reveal

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Buying this at 12:01 tonight.:thumbsup Of course I won't pay that.;)

Screen Shot 2017-09-14 at 12.29.04 PM.png

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
No. You do it on your iPhone.

Samsung makes way more products than Apple. How much manufacturing does Apple do in the US or North America? And Samsung? (Samsung does way more manufacturing worldwide and in NA than Apple).

But who the fuck cares?! This thread is all about you and your Apple Fanboi love for their products.

We all know the devices we have (and had) typically can do way more than 90% of users need! Most of those who buy the latest-greatest are caught up in having the latest-greatest for no reason other than they have it. Right Fanboi?

So...it isn't the IPhone itself that you dislike, but rather, the people that buy them?:tbi

buck35

Reaction score
Kinda funny reading the comments from both sides of the isle. Apple is an empire and little more in my eyes. They provide fone coke to many and the cool kids must have, I guess ..:rolleyes
its a fuggin phone for christ sake.if you need it to manage yore life then thats just sad for you. I don't know where they land now , but a gadget company rising to the richest in the world speaks volumes about society in general.:(
Rant over.

28Eliminator

Reaction score
The best part of this thread is watching the Samsung/Droid Sheep getting all wound up over iphone users and calling them Sheep :rotflmao::rotflmao::lmao

"POT, MEET KETTLE" :rolleyes

Raffit78

Reaction score
Buying this at 12:01 tonight.:thumbsup Of course I won't pay that.;)

View attachment 586707

Do you get some sort of a discount through Apple? or are you just being sarcastic. I'd really like 2 new phones with a 2 year att contract for $200.00 each, hell even $400.00...... The economy is kicking and sadly everything and it's mom has become a "low monthly payment" with a very big ticket purchase price. bs. :(

Good Ol' Days.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Do you get some sort of a discount through Apple? or are you just being sarcastic. I'd really like 2 new phones with a 2 year att contract for $200.00 each, hell even $400.00...... The economy is kicking and sadly everything and it's mom has become a "low monthly payment" with a very big ticket purchase price. bs. :(

Good Ol' Days.

I think Mrs.Daytona is an Apple big wig?

I too hate the new payment bullshit.
When I got my 5s years back I traded in my 4 for a $150 credit, and bought the 5 for like 400 bucks or so with half price upgrade...just bought it outright.

Last march I got the 7 and was pissed that all that so called upgrade qualifying is done.

GRADS

Reaction score
T-2:00 and counting...

GRADS

Reaction score
Got my AppleWatch:thumbsup:thumbsup Goodnight everyone!

GRADS

Reaction score
Figures, I stepped out today for 45 minutes to go get my eyes checked and damn UPS tried to deliver my watch.:grumble: Does anyone know if UPS delivers on the weekend? If not I guess I have to wait until Monday. If I knew I had to sign I would have gone to the store for pick up.:grumble:

77charger

Reaction score
Ya, I'm not sure how people can say that the camera isn't good on the new phones. Takes pictures well over 2000 megapixels. They don't brighten the contrast like Samsung does, so people assume it's a different camera? But actually both phones use the same exact camera just different "filter"

Iphone X is supposed to be pretty bad ass. OLED screen, no home button, facial recognition for password/security/apple pay stuff. Basically thieves good luck trying to steal your face to make a purchase.

IMO they are phone cameras still and great for regular pics but if you want a real camera then you have to go dslr.Heck ill put my old 20d against any hi pixel phone camera anyday and its only 8mp.It comes down to sensor not mp.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
Figures, I stepped out today for 45 minutes to go get my eyes checked and damn UPS tried to deliver my watch.:grumble: Does anyone know if UPS delivers on the weekend? If not I guess I have to wait until Monday. If I knew I had to sign I would have gone to the store for pick up.:grumble:

http://time.com/4950454/apple-watch-3-lte-issues/

It has real problems so will you even be able to use it?

bowtiejunkie

Reaction score

I think you're out of luck until Monday. Seems fairly rare signature release is required. Just had a $300 Yeti cooler delivered with no signature required. Then again my first iPad was mis-delivered to wrong address and someone ended up with a free iPad. :headscratch:

GRADS

Reaction score
I think you're out of luck until Monday. Seems fairly rare signature release is required. Just had a $300 Yeti cooler delivered with no signature required. Then again my first iPad was mis-delivered to wrong address and someone ended up with a free iPad. :headscratch:

That's what I don't get, I've had MacBooks, iPhones and iPads dropped on the porch with no signature.

bowtiejunkie

Reaction score
Apple is shipper? What a drag having to wait until Monday. That's one Advantage FedEx Home has over UPS in larger coverage is Saturday delivery.

I'm guessing you're using iOS 11 on your devices at this point. How do you like it?

Raffit78

Reaction score
IMO they are phone cameras still and great for regular pics but if you want a real camera then you have to go dslr.Heck ill put my old 20d against any hi pixel phone camera anyday and its only 8mp.It comes down to sensor not mp.

My canon 5d does great as well, unfortunately it doesn't fit in my pocket.
I think for 95% of the users, the cameras are perfect in these phones. They are normally random shots. Selfies, selfies and selfies. ;)

IMG_3990.jpg

iPhone 6 with some editing.

GRADS

Reaction score
The watch is here!:thumbsup

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Well since the craziness is almost upon us...

Here is one more alternative that is absolutely priced right. I may go buy one of these real soon.

(I could care less about the AR and all that jazz, but the camera is bad azz, and 128gigs of storage is hard to find at this price! I played with it this morning. It's a very solid piece)

https://www.asus.com/us/Phone/ZenFone-AR-ZS571KL/