WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

New iPhone reveal

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
I get the ease of that and I like and use Bluetooth tech a lot. My problem is I plug my phones into the garage stereo, my car stereo, and my house system utilizes the cable as well. I just don't want to have to update EVERYTHING I use.

Greg doesnt understand the concept of technology that already exists. lol
Things like bluetooth earphones and iq wireless charging is next level shit and warrants the next level price tag that goes with it.

Tank

Reaction score
Things like bluetooth earphones and iq wireless charging is next level shit and warrants the next level price tag that goes with it.

I'm not paying 1k for a new phone every 2 years. fuck all that. I perused the new 8 and the full glass X. I see nothing that would make me spend that money for it when my iphone 6 (minus the cracked screen which I'm fixing this week) works perfect. Like I said, the yeas of OH MY GOD new tech with each new iPhone died when Jobs died. I definitely think they're slippin on their leadership of the smart phone wars.

I will say this, buddy has the 7 and the camera is bad azz. But as I seem to recall, other smart phones already had cameras that smoked iPhones.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
So where's the link to the new apple products and most importantly this new I phone 8 that I'll be buying? :D

RD

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
I'm not paying 1k for a new phone every 2 years. fuck all that. I perused the new 8 and the full glass X. I see nothing that would make me spend that money for it when my iphone 6 (minus the cracked screen which I'm fixing this week) works perfect. Like I said, the yeas of OH MY GOD new tech with each new iPhone died when Jobs died. I definitely think they're slippin on their leadership of the smart phone wars.

I will say this, buddy has the 7 and the camera is bad azz. But as I seem to recall, other smart phones already had cameras that smoked iPhones.
That's the kicker..... People are gonna be dropping $1k on a phone to essentially browse Instagram, Snapchat, facebook, YouTube etc. Nothing more nothing less. Lol

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

Samsung has had both of those features for awhile now. Now I see why all the iPhone people are so excited, they finally get to catch up!!!

:D

I love these threads. :p

hallett21

Reaction score
Apple has succeeded in turning their products into a status symbol.

They're sexy and the "it" product.

You can buy a Hyundai with over 350 HP today.

Or you could buy a BMW or Mercedes. [emoji6]

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Samsung has had both of those features for awhile now. Now I see why all the iPhone people are so excited, they finally get to catch up!!!

You sure it's the iPhone owners gloating about status symbols?

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
IMG_0477.JPG

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
iPhone 8...same technology as a dozen or so 2 year old andriods.

I am now on an iphone 6 after countless droids....I don't think I could ever go back.

The phone is almost 3 years own and is still working great and it's the first phone I have had that didn't bog down and get glitchy at month 20.....The $1000-12000 price for a new one is retarded though.

River Lynchmob

What can I do to u for u?
Reaction score
I am now on an iphone 6 after countless droids....I don't think I could ever go back.

The phone is almost 3 years own and is still working great and it's the first phone I have had that didn't bog down and get glitchy at month 20.....The $1000-12000 price for a new one is retarded though.

Had an S5 until I got this S8. S5 was still good except for the battery plug got worn out. Everything else worked as it should have. My wife will be on her 3rd iPhone since we have been together. I'll never go Apple.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
You sure it's the iPhone owners gloating about status symbols?

Positive. I'm still using my years old S4. I'm happy to have a phone that gets the job done. I'll upgrade when mine takes shit, not when the latest/greatest thing hits the market, or when my non replaceable battery gives out.

:point :rolleyes :D

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to getting the iPhone X but I'm not going to run out and buy one the first day it is available. The AppleWatch 3 is a different story, I'll be buying that bad boy a minute after it is released on Friday. It will be perfect for walking, exercising and paddle boarding.:thumbsup

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Had an S5 until I got this S8. S5 was still good except for the battery plug got worn out. Everything else worked as it should have. My wife will be on her 3rd iPhone since we have been together. I'll never go Apple.

I'm very easy on my phones.... I haven't had a single issue and I think the apple car play and the fact that my itunes library is always with me is the #1 reason. I'm not much of a gadget or fuss with my phone guy.

My wife has cracked two screens.

River Lynchmob

Reaction score
I'm very easy on my phones.... I haven't had a single issue and I think the apple car play and the fact that my itunes library is always with me is the #1 reason. I'm not much of a gadget or fuss with my phone guy.

I'm really hard on things. My wife has the glass screen tgat goes over her screen...its like $90 but when it cracks they replace it for free...shes had 3 replaced on this one alone...its paid for itself easy.

River Lynchmob

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to getting the iPhone X but I'm not going to run out and buy one the first day it is available. The AppleWatch 3 is a different story, I'll be buying that bad boy a minute after it is released on Friday. It will be perfect for walking, exercising and paddle boarding.:thumbsup
After seeing those pics you probably should...haha

Kidding aside glad everything turned out ok.

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score

I just have all my music and audio books on a memory card in my phone. So I have all my stuff with me. Whether I have reception or not

28Eliminator

Reaction score

Yeah, but one is a POS with a bunch of power, the other one actually works ;)

:finger:finger:finger:p

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score

Do you use any other Apple stuff in your house?
I get what you guys love about your droids. A lot of guys I work with have them.
But as far as the overall picture, being an Apple household has virtually erased the hassles I had due to Debs warfare on all things electronic.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Positive. I'm still using my years old S4. I'm happy to have a phone that gets the job done. I'll upgrade when mine takes shit, not when the latest/greatest thing hits the market, or when my non replaceable battery gives out.

Lol. I've never had an IPhone quit. I'm on a 7S right now. Had my 4 for 3+ years, had my 5 for at least 3 years and would still have it except I sat by a space heater and got it so hot it swelled and separated into 3 pieces connected by wires and shit. Yet even then it worked and was able to back up to the cloud.
Had this 7 since march and I'll run it into the ground as well.
I don't go buy the latest release like some robot and I don't know anyone that does.

I could have easily wrote your post except for the removable battery...:thumbsup

Not sure where your getting your info from?

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
Yeah, but one is a POS with a bunch of power, the other one actually works ;)

:finger:finger:finger:p
Yea, the hyundia does tend to work for a while. And like you said, the other is a pos

[emoji106]

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
I get what you guys love about your droids. A lot of guys I work with have them.
But as far as the overall picture, being an Apple household has virtually erased the hassles I had due to Debs warfare on all things electronic.
Being an apple only household enslaves you to only buying apple lol. You're literally at the mercy of them. I don't even own a Samsung but I'll never limit myself in that sense

River Lynchmob

Reaction score
My wife has an Apple laptop and her iPhone no other apple products in our house. All of our Tv's are Samsung etc. If we were a full apple household then it would make more sense for me to go that direction.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Lol. I've never had an IPhone quit. I'm on a 7S right now. Had my 4 for 3+ years, had my 5 for at least 3 years and would still have it except I sat by a space heater and got it so hot it swelled and separated into 3 pieces connected by wires and shit. Yet even then it worked and was able to back up to the cloud.
Had this 7 since march and I'll run it into the ground as well.
I don't go buy the latest release like some robot and I don't know anyone that does.

I could have easily wrote your post except for the removable battery...:thumbsup

Not sure where your getting your info from?

What info are you referring to?? :headscratch:

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
My wife has an Apple laptop and her iPhone no other apple products in our house. All of our Tv's are Samsung etc. If we were a full apple household then it would make more sense for me to go that direction.

Our Tv's are all Samsung as well, I won't hardly but any other tv.
Every one has an Apple TV box connected.
It isn't slavery when it does what we need it to do!

Raffit78

Reaction score
so a little off topic but my wife and I have had our iPhones for quite sometime. it does everything we ask it to. Sometimes even more. But it's definitely time for us to upgrade our phones as the capacity has reached our max and with our baby, we are constantly taking videos and pictures and having to run to upload them to the cloud etc etc.

So i get this att eligibility email that we can both upgrade! so I'm pumped! New phones just got released, plenty of storage! Wifey will be happy!

So I call att! yada yada yada ... speaking to a rep.. Hi Ma'am! just got the best email! we can upgrade! she's like yes yes! you sure can! I'm ready to have her give me a deep discount... So what I would like ma'am is 2 phones, hard cold cash! ready to upgrade! what's "my cost" ..... long pause.... well your eligibility is for $40.75 for 24 months per phone... " no no ma'am, I've got the hard cold cash, I'm ready to upgrade, I want to pay for the 2 phones, I don't want no stinken, monthly bills" "well sir, the price of the phone is $749.00 each" so I pause... "no no ma'am.. you don't understand, that's the normal price, that's the price people have to pay with no upgrade eligibility, but remember! I got the email! i can upgrade!" oh ya sorry sir.... Your eligibility is to have a phone at $40.75 a month for 24 months...... "so let me get this straight, I would like to pay up front for a phone as I always have and got a DEEP discount, but today, there's really no eligibility of anything" My option is to pay $749.00 or $40.75 a month for 24 months....

What happen to the good ol' days, when you called in with an upgrade, they waved the phone price? now you're locked into a 2 year contract? I mean ok, I get it, technology has advanced and phones are a bit more then $200 each. But even being a att customer since 96, I get 0 love. NO vip treatment, no customer appreciation discount.. I just pay full price regardless of my "eligibility email" .

So to all wanting to "upgrade, buy a new phone" doesn't really matter anymore. You can go in at anytime and buy whatever you want because you are going to pay the full price. That eligibility email means nothing..... 0..... zilch....

Guess my wife and I will be waiting for Best Buy to do their trade in sales to buy a couple "newer" phones to us.

And this isn't an iPhone thing, this is all smart phone thing.... Eligibility doesn't help get me a Samsung either. Just a small discount is all I ask. Just so I feel special I have been with att since 96 and been a loyal customer stayed in contract for 2 decades.

Rant over...

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
so a little off topic but my wife and I have had our iPhones for quite sometime. it does everything we ask it to. Sometimes even more. But it's definitely time for us to upgrade our phones as the capacity has reached our max and with our baby, we are constantly taking videos and pictures and having to run to upload them to the cloud etc etc.

So i get this att eligibility email that we can both upgrade! so I'm pumped! New phones just got released, plenty of storage! Wifey will be happy!

So I call att! yada yada yada ... speaking to a rep.. Hi Ma'am! just got the best email! we can upgrade! she's like yes yes! you sure can! I'm ready to have her give me a deep discount... So what I would like ma'am is 2 phones, hard cold cash! ready to upgrade! what's "my cost" ..... long pause.... well your eligibility is for $40.75 for 24 months per phone... " no no ma'am, I've got the hard cold cash, I'm ready to upgrade, I want to pay for the 2 phones, I don't want no stinken, monthly bills" "well sir, the price of the phone is $749.00 each" so I pause... "no no ma'am.. you don't understand, that's the normal price, that's the price people have to pay with no upgrade eligibility, but remember! I got the email! i can upgrade!" oh ya sorry sir.... Your eligibility is to have a phone at $40.75 a month for 24 months...... "so let me get this straight, I would like to pay up front for a phone as I always have and got a DEEP discount, but today, there's really no eligibility of anything" My option is to pay $749.00 or $40.75 a month for 24 months....

What happen to the good ol' days, when you called in with an upgrade, they waved the phone price? now you're locked into a 2 year contract? I mean ok, I get it, technology has advanced and phones are a bit more then $200 each. But even being a att customer since 96, I get 0 love. NO vip treatment, no customer appreciation discount.. I just pay full price regardless of my "eligibility email" .

So to all wanting to "upgrade, buy a new phone" doesn't really matter anymore. You can go in at anytime and buy whatever you want because you are going to pay the full price. That eligibility email means nothing..... 0..... zilch....

Guess my wife and I will be waiting for Best Buy to do their trade in sales to buy a couple "newer" phones to us.

And this isn't an iPhone thing, this is all smart phone thing.... Eligibility doesn't help get me a Samsung either. Just a small discount is all I ask. Just so I feel special I have been with att since 96 and been a loyal customer stayed in contract for 2 decades.

Rant over...
Ooooooor you can buy an unlocked phone that's out of the realm and far superior than a Samsung or iPhone that won't come with any factory bloatware lol

The unlocked smartphone category is in it's league of it's own

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Ooooooor you can buy an unlocked phone that's out of the realm and far superior than a Samsung or iPhone that won't come with any factory bloatware lol

No arguing with that.

Raffit78

Reaction score

ok ok , tell me more tell me more!

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
I just got home from the Apple products launch at the Steve Jobs Theater in Cupertino. The place is nothing short of incredible, there's definitely not a cash flow problem at Apple. lol
It's pretty amazing the lengths that they have to go through to keep their new products a secret. My phones camera was taped off all week so I couldn't take any pics of the launch and I had to keep my mouth shut. As far as the phones go, they are better than ever. But these phones are starting to get expensive. I remember the good old days when you signed up for ATT they would give you a free phone, haha. Those days are over if you want a new smartphone. I really like the iPhone X but $1200 is a lot of money and I just bought my 7plus last year for a grand. This shit's getting expensive. But the Watch is getting more attractive to me, and the new one looks nice being cellular and all, maybe I'll treat myself to a new watch instead of a new phone.

Jefftowz

Formerly Old School Ultra
Reaction score
Just got home from the Best Buy mobile store, Was checking out my account to see what upgrades I had coming up, The sales guy showed me the Samsung Note 8 and it's so bad ass! They are running a special if your with Verizon and you get all kinds of promotions and the 2 year deal works out to be about $18 a month. The IPhone 10 is about $45 a month.

The Note is a hell of a machine and save a bunch of money over 24 months.

Now I'm just confused.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Just got home from the Best Buy mobile store, Was checking out my account to see what upgrades I had coming up, The sales guy showed me the Samsung Note 8 and it's so bad ass! They are running a special if your with Verizon and you get all kinds of promotions and the 2 year deal works out to be about $18 a month. The IPhone 10 is about $45 a month.

Now I'm just confused.

I'm pretty sure my next phone will be a Note. But, who knows what options I'll have when that time comes along.

bowtiejunkie

Reaction score
Raffit78: About two years ago ATT and Verizon basically went to either full retail price up front or payment plan of 24 months. I thought I saw on Apple.com today, they are offering trade-in deals? I'm sure that will be the case with ATT and Verizon too. I've been with Verizon since 2002. They don't give a shit about loyalty, and pretty much no other large corp does either. Just the way it is these days. I don't ever seem to score well when upgrading phones. Others do and it's worth seeking out the deals if you have the time and patience. I'm usually a generation or two behind depending on my typical every two years upgrade cycle.

I run an iPhone 6s and will likely wait another year or two to upgrade. I'm perfectly happy with the 6s.

GRADS

Reaction score

Now I'm just confused.
Don't do it! Once you go Mac you can never go back! :D
Raffit78: About two years ago ATT and Verizon basically went to either full retail price up front or payment plan of 24 months. I thought I saw on Apple.com today, they are offering trade-in deals? I'm sure that will be the case with ATT and Verizon too. I've been with Verizon since 2002. They don't give a shit about loyalty, and pretty much no other large corp does either. Just the way it is these days. I don't ever seem to score well when upgrading phones. Others do and it's worth seeking out the deals if you have the time and patience. I'm usually a generation or two behind depending on my typical every two years upgrade cycle.

I run an iPhone 6s and will likely wait another year or two to upgrade. I'm perfectly happy with the 6s.
Apple has a trade in policy or you could just sell your old phone on craigslist. I traded in my iPhone7 Plus and they gave me $450

GRADS

Reaction score
And just in case anyone was wondering, our house is all Apple products. :D

Enen

Reaction score
No one bats an eye because no one that owns a Samsung or other android starts threads about the newest phone to "drop"

The only thing I remember dropping about the Samsung is when the airlines dropped anyone that had one from flying on an airplane.

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
Nice job Grads.. Dropped another Shit Bomb, the Inmates are in a frenzie. :thumbup::eek:)

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
:tbi

I really don't care if it's Apple or Samsung. I just can't believe how many guys we have with chubies over a new phone.

Just traded up to a Note 8 from my 3 year old Note 4 that was starting to act up.

No one bats an eye because no one that owns a Samsung or other android starts threads about the newest phone to "drop"

We got our Note 8's last week. Were originally supposed to be delivered on Sept 14th per Verizon. So far we like them over the Note 4's we had. We were also shocked that we could not purchase the phones outright. The only way to get the $250 rebate on on our old Note 4's was to to a payment plan for the Note 8. My wife and I hated that we could not just pay for the phone less the rebate. I guess this is the new way of doing business with the cell companies.

We ended up getting the $250 trade-in allowance plus either the Gear 360 camera or 124G memory card with a charger/stand. We opted for the memory and charger portion of the promotion. We figured we would never use the Gear 360 camera and if we decided we wanted it they are pretty cheap on eBay.

Now I'm just confused.

Tank

Reaction score

Rant over...

100% agree. Fuckin bullshit.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Those thinking of early adoption of the iPhone X, check this article out:

The iPhone X is the one phone where you?ll really want to wait for the reviews
$999 and a ton of new questions raised

Read this and tell me you're all-in...
https://www.theverge.com/2017/9/13/16300440/iphone-x-review-wait

And tell me you like Swipe based interface instead of the home button. And Facial recognition instead of fingerprint. And a Glass back. Finally, is it worth $999?

renodaytona

Reaction score
^^^ I was just about to post that pic Roy, saw it on FB this morning, too dam funny. :D

Jefftowz

Formerly Old School Ultra
Reaction score
Question for the Samsung people, can the galaxy phone group chat with iPhone users?