WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

New iPhone reveal

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Happening tomorrow at 10 a.m. :thumbsup

Looking forward to some of the features.

MrMayhem

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to a better built in camera.

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
I don't know why they have such a crappy camera.

jones performance

Reaction score
ive been waiting to upgrade my personal phone from the og 5. battery is swelling puching the display out. work phone is a 7. been pretty happy with the 7. for what i do with it the camera is fine, shit its better than the point and shoot i have.

GRADS

Reaction score
The camera on the iPhone 7 plus is pretty sweet. I'm guessing all the next phones will have a good camera.

Raffit78

Reaction score
Ya, I'm not sure how people can say that the camera isn't good on the new phones. Takes pictures well over 2000 megapixels. They don't brighten the contrast like Samsung does, so people assume it's a different camera? But actually both phones use the same exact camera just different "filter"

Iphone X is supposed to be pretty bad ass. OLED screen, no home button, facial recognition for password/security/apple pay stuff. Basically thieves good luck trying to steal your face to make a purchase.

Jefftowz

Formerly Old School Ultra
Reaction score
I can't wait to see. Aliready out in my order.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Kool aide drinkers...noted. I gotta say, the IPhone haters are certainly a dedicated bunch. I don't understand why grown men are scared of a phone...:rolleyes

I've only had my Iphone7 about 6 months so I'll likely skip this next one.
Historically I jump models because I don't lose or break my phones.

But if it's all that I might will my 7 to Deb and pick up a new one.
She's still using her 5S.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
Go look at a Samsung if you want to see the features. They already have them now.

No Kidding. LOL.

[video=youtube;5-LeWDPkwnY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-LeWDPkwnY[/video]

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
No Kidding. LOL.

[video=youtube;5-LeWDPkwnY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-LeWDPkwnY[/video]

Sorry, I'm not into touching my phone to another mans phone...not that there's anything wrong with that!;):eek:P

GRADS

Reaction score
The augmented reality is going to be off the hook.

LHC30

Old Guy
Reaction score
What gets me is the suspected price tag of $1K + :eek

No way am I paying that for a F'in phone... that's more than halfway to a new Dana 44 axle housing for the Jeep!:)

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
The camera on the iPhone 7 plus is pretty sweet. I'm guessing all the next phones will have a good camera.

For some reason with all these electronics it starts off bad ass and then six months later it's "meh." When I first got my 7+ the pics were crystal clear and unbelievable, now they look kinda like he pics from my 6+. Lol

What gets me is the suspected price tag of $1K + :eek

No way am I paying that for a F'in phone... that's more than halfway to a new Dana 44 axle housing for the Jeep!:)

I paid 850 for this 7+. Price tag doesn't surprise me...

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
Not an apple hater by any means. If anything, i respect them more on how theyve capitalized on the stupidity of the masses.
Tim cook could literally shit on stage, put an apple sticker on it, and get people to line up around the block to pay whatever he asks for it. lol

Ouderkirk

Reaction score
Why spend the money to upgrade it when all the kool-aide drinkers still buy a shit load if them?

I do like my iPhone...it's 4 years old and it still works great.

My attitude towards new phones is: until the network goes to 5G-LTE then there is no point to get a new one unless the current one dies.

Abc123

Banned
Reaction score
I wonder if Apple will bring back the gun emoji. I recently looked for it on my 7 and realized it was replaced with a water gun. How gay is that?

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Go look at a Samsung if you want to see the features. They already have them now.

Hopefully the airlines will let you on the plane with them.

Other than blowing up, and syncing data with your home computer, they work pretty well.

Im always about 2 years behind the latest and greatest on phones- let the pioneers catch all the arrow and wait till the price drops before buying in.

UD

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
I wonder if Apple will bring back the gun emoji. I recently looked for it on my 7 and realized it was replaced with a water gun. How gay is that?

I know, it's so hard to send threatening text messages without it! Lol

Tank

Reaction score
I'm an iPhone fan, have owned various models (Have a 6s now). But I do think they've kinda jumped the shark tank. Doesn't seem like they've come out with any "OMG" improvements. The wow factor has been gone for a while now and their camera's have lagged behind competitors phones plus cool little tricks like the rounded edge of the (I think its) Samsung and other gadgetry seems to be falling behind competitors too. I don't necessarily like that the old pay option was taken away and now you have to pay a monthly charge to basically finance the things. Granted, you're buying a mini computer so $700 is understandable I suppose (but I haven't bought a real computer in like 8 years). 1k for a new phone? Looks like I'll keep my 6s for as long as possible. I see no awe inspiring must have option in the 7 or 8. Kinda bummed they got rid of the head phone jack too. :thumbsdown

Abc123

Banned
Reaction score
I know, it's so hard to send threatening text messages without it! Lol

Lol! Right. My friend was telling me a bout a fish she won at the fair and how she wanted to get rid of it so I was going to send her the gun pic. Had to send a knife instead. :)

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
Hopefully the airlines will let you on the plane with them.

Other than blowing up, and syncing data with your home computer, they work pretty well.

Im always about 2 years behind the latest and greatest on phones- let the pioneers catch all the arrow and wait till the price drops before buying in.

UD

:D GPAU!

GRADS

Reaction score
Kinda bummed they got rid of the head phone jack too. :thumbsdown

You'll change your mind on that once you get a pair of air pods.:thumbsup

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Here's the thing.
My wife is about 20x more electronically challenged than even RD.
Our IPhones are simply a small part of our Apple household.
Side by side an Android may do this and may do that, but I really don't care.

Deb can do whatever she wants to do on her phone, it's simple. She can run the Apple TV, look at doctor appointments on her ipad, I set her calendar up to link to her 2 devices as well as the IMac, ITunes links to all the devices and the Apple TV boxes. She can hit one button and and play iTunes through the bose, airplay videos to the tv or any other device, FaceTime, make group calls or group FaceTime with her sisters, and really anything else she wants to do...and most importantly she can do all this WITHOUT fucking it all up.

If you knew her history with PC's, and how much time and money I've spent undoing her previous ongoing lost battles while warring with our old dells and phones, you would realize just what a godsend the Apple household is for us!
My IPhone does whatever I need to do, and does it just fine. So for us, it's a no brainer. The iPhone is just an extension of our Apple household.
I don't know any professional photographer that relies on their phone for pictures, and I'm certainly not a pro photographer so I really don't care if my phone takes pro quality pics. (Although I think it does just fine)

So why would I want to get an Android and expell myself from the simplicity and seamless integration of everything else in our home network?

In short, there is a lot more to the decision than just having bragging rights for what amounts to a singular device.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Happening tomorrow at 10 a.m. :thumbsup

Looking forward to some of the features.

Do people still actually use those dumb things?? Most everyone I know has got rid of theirs.

Guess they finally got tired of waiting for features my Blackberry had in the 90's!

:p

GRADS

Reaction score
Built in cellular on the new AppleWatch.:thumbsup

GRADS

Reaction score

Raffit78

Reaction score
In the "so who has the balls to buy in" thread I've been telling you guys to buy AAPL for months. I knew this "super cycle" was coming and the last "super cycle" paid for my Daytona.

I've been heavily invested in Appl since 1998 [emoji4]

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I really don't care if it's Apple or Samsung. I just can't believe how many guys we have with chubies over a new phone.

No shit.
I never thought "who's is bigger" would mean phones...

2Driver

Reaction score
I really don't care if it's Apple or Samsung. I just can't believe how many guys we have with chubies over a new phone.

Lib's entertainment revolves around the new releases of iPhones and Subarus

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
When a phone costs more than 90% of computers lol

ZhuzDgr9.png

C-2

Reaction score
That is to condition customers to be ok with paying $1200 for a laptop that performs as well as a $400 one.

Ha haa...yup. That pretty much nails it, and is very true.

Nicely done :):thumbup:

Tank

Reaction score
You'll change your mind on that once you get a pair of air pods.:thumbsup

I get the ease of that and I like and use Bluetooth tech a lot. My problem is I plug my phones into the garage stereo, my car stereo, and my house system utilizes the cable as well. I just don't want to have to update EVERYTHING I use.