WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Lake Powell - Fun Run 2018!

Constant840

Reaction score
I think you have to get an Indian guide to go there.

Is this true?
We're heading up in August and Antelope had just been added to the list. But if we have to get a guide...

JD D05

Reaction score

You just show up buy a ticket they put you in a group of 20 and take you in. Two places to buy tickets which happen to be competing brother's. Same tour though.

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
You guys staying at the new Hampton?
Stayed there a couple nights earlier this year. They upgraded me to a suite because the key maker quit and they had to let everyone in with a master key my first night. Rooms were very nice!

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
Buy a map and make sure you know where you are (mile markers) and watch the weather.

I wish I could get back there!!!

Would love to go with a couple of other people with small kids

Same here, we went a couple time to Powell when I was younger. Now I’ve got 2 small kids, a couple other friends still having kids. I’d love to go back there in a few years when the kids are just a little older. Also I’m on the East coast which makes it a little harder to convince people to travel out there lol.

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score
I'm going to need bigger fuel tanks and a higher freeboard to visit Powell. Place is badass from what I have been told all my life

JD D05

Reaction score
Same here, we went a couple time to Powell when I was younger. Now I’ve got 2 small kids, a couple other friends still having kids. I’d love to go back there in a few years when the kids are just a little older. Also I’m on the East coast which makes it a little harder to convince people to travel out there lol.

Took my 2 year over memorial... you can do it ;)

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
On a Powell houseboat trip in about 2000, Predator I was in our parking lot at the Marriott in Page. Very impressive. It was the first Skater I'd ever seen. The next day on the houseboat as we were running from Wahweap to Padre you could hear and feel Predator approaching. What a sight and sound within those canyon walls as he blasted by us. Unfortunately, got no video of it.

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
Can a 22 really be ok on that lake?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes...even jet botes!

AA9923DD-AAB7-44F3-A937-E376484C806B.jpeg

Last edited:

RCDave

Reaction score
I ran my former 21' jet boat there. Just be mindful of the weather and the big water out of page

Long Way Home

Dog Days of Summer!
Reaction score
First time I was on the lake was 1985 with a 16ft Tahiti OB boat and numerous times with a 18ft Sea Ray with no problems, just beware of the weather and look for
flash floods in canyons during severe weather/rain/thunderstorms.

e1f37e346fb8701a4390096efd268944.jpg
lightning-strikes-lg.jpg

milkmoney

Reaction score
Mine's 22! ... And it can't get bad enough! .... I really need to go there sometime! o_O:)
Oh I agree with you... it's would be good if a storm came in.. Ur the chase boat for us little shit boxes [emoji202]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
Took my 2 year over memorial... you can do it ;)
The 2 year old is no prob, it’s the combo of the 2yo and the 2 month old that’s a lot of fuckin work haha. And my friend group has a 1yo and another 2 month old. Needless to say our boating adventures don’t include a lot of boating right now. But having the little kids on the boat is the best part!

77charger

Reaction score
Grew up going there in the late 80s with 16-19ft boats we would go to escalante and stay ovver night to explore the next day.I do get a laugh of those saying you need a big boat or you cant do powell.I have taken my eliminator 207 to alot of places on powell as well 36 gallons and 350 power goes along ways although not as fast but i rather enjoy the scenery.

Its not the boat wakes that make it rough it can be the weather and if you are alert to the weather there is no problem.

Meaney77

Reaction score
Looks Like a great time! Cant wait for the day when my kids are a tad bit older and we can stay on a house boat and not worry about them.

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
U take it's I will take mine. U chicken
Let's do it ,

We will be more than happy to be your guide, we are good boat bitches. The only rule is that you can only look at my wife’s bewbies...no touching. Lol

MeCasa16

Reaction score
U take it's I will take mine. U chicken
Let's do it ,

We took a 21’ Daytona behind our houseboat last year. The lake was like glass most of the time. Carving up the canyons in her was truly amazing.

Attachments

• A3215B6D-FA7B-4FE4-A5DB-D8CB595F100B.jpeg
    A3215B6D-FA7B-4FE4-A5DB-D8CB595F100B.jpeg
    140.7 KB · Views: 223

MeCasa16

Reaction score

I recommend the 6am tour. Try to be the first ones in before the massive crowds. The morning light makes for amazing pictures.

Andy01

Reaction score
Well yesterday was fun, what an amazing place. The mountains and size of everything is so big. Makes Havasu look tiny. I can see where it would get rough. There were not that many boats and it wasn’t windy but there were some good size waves. The Hallett eats it up nicely though, kids had a blast and the rest of the passengers drank! Shocking I know. I dd’d, I will again today. I think we are going up to swinging rope or something and rainbow falls or a place right by there. There are tour boats, and cruiser wakes here that are as big as ocean cruiser wakes. My wife has the pics, I’ll post them in a bit. I can see why people come here once or twice a year. Lake is huge, water temps are perfect, and it’s like 93 degrees. There are so many house boats it is amazing!
IMG_0962.jpg

Andy01

Reaction score
Marina is really nice. Crazy deep, I’m talking to Tony from DCB and he’s in the all new M33 (amazing boat) and he looks at the simrad “475 feet deep!”. They drive golf carts on the docks it’s so big. The food in the restaurant is really good as well.
IMG_0943.jpg
IMG_0944.jpg
IMG_0945.jpg
IMG_0946.jpg

Gramps

Older Member
Reaction score
Well yesterday was fun, what an amazing place. The mountains and size of everything is so big. Makes Havasu look tiny. I can see where it would get rough. There were not that many boats and it wasn’t windy but there were some good size waves. The Hallett eats it up nicely though, kids had a blast and the rest of the passengers drank! Shocking I know. I dd’d, I will again today. I think we are going up to swinging rope or something and rainbow falls or a place right by there. There are tour boats, and cruiser wakes here that are as big as ocean cruiser wakes. My wife has the pics, I’ll post them in a bit. I can see why people come here once or twice a year. Lake is huge, water temps are perfect, and it’s like 93 degrees. There are so many house boats it is amazing! View attachment 652563

go past Dangling Rope and Rainbow Bridge......when you get to the confluence go left up the Colorado arm and the on the the Escalante (sp?) arm

paradise

Spooner
Reaction score
go past Dangling Rope and Rainbow Bridge......when you get to the confluence go left up the Colorado arm and the on the the Escalante (sp?) arm
Escalate is beautiful and we make a trip up there every trip but that would be a long haul all the way from Antelope...

Even just to rainbow bridge is a drive :). Make sure to get the kids ice cream at dangling rope on the way back down. :)

If you guys finish up at rainbow bridge and still want more Anasazi canton is just up around the corner and has some really really nice slot canyons that are beautiful!

sprintcvx

Reaction score
From the pics it looks like an amazing place to boat. Have a great time.:cool:

Boat Bling

Reaction score
Make sure to get the kids ice cream at dangling rope on the way back down. :)
What he said :)

Enjoy the trip. Powell is like being on the moon. Nothing else quite like it.

-Zack

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

CHECKERED_PAST

Reaction score
IMG_0294.JPG
IMG_0308.JPG
IMG_0149.JPG
IMG_0125.JPG
IMG_0181.JPG
IMG_0071.JPG

Watch the weather and be aware, no cell service in most areas so plan ahead and no worries. The south end (antilope, whawheep) is a bit less remote compared to the north (bullfrog, halls crossing). Tons of slot canyons to explore and breathtaking views at every glance! As for range just know that there is a halfway point for fuel if needed at dangling rope, if you plan on exploring try to do it in pairs if possible in case one boat has issues or if it’s a twin engine you will be ok to limp on one motor till help can be found or contacted. For anyone that’s thinking about going do it! Plan like a camping trip not at a koa and you will not regret it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5oclocksomewhere

Reaction score
Great thread! Stop at Mama Burger in Flagstaff on the way home, burgers, fries, shakes everything is homemade and amazing.

Slats

Reaction score
I have always wanted to go to powel. Maybe some time soon.

McKay

Reaction score
It was nice meeting you yesterday Dave. Wish I would have known you were down there as well Andy and I would have introduced myself to you finally.
Thanks!
Mac

94essex

Reaction score
Following. Been a few years need to get back

cole_skier

Reaction score
Well yesterday was fun, what an amazing place. The mountains and size of everything is so big. Makes Havasu look tiny. I can see where it would get rough. There were not that many boats and it wasn’t windy but there were some good size waves. The Hallett eats it up nicely though, kids had a blast and the rest of the passengers drank! Shocking I know. I dd’d, I will again today. I think we are going up to swinging rope or something and rainbow falls or a place right by there. There are tour boats, and cruiser wakes here that are as big as ocean cruiser wakes. My wife has the pics, I’ll post them in a bit. I can see why people come here once or twice a year. Lake is huge, water temps are perfect, and it’s like 93 degrees. There are so many house boats it is amazing! View attachment 652563

Welcome to Utah Andy.....it doesn't suck

Singleton

Reaction score
Worked the Wahweap houseboat rental docks as my summer job during college.
Best summer job ever! When not working, I was out boating (just had to pay for gas) and camping on the lake. Saw some crazy storms on that lake and saw multiple house sink when folks thought they could cross the bay during a storm. Went on multiple rescue missions and while fun, seeing fear in someone’s face as you are trying to save them and the boat is not fun.
Still remember someone getting released with the wrong houseboat, we had to transfer those folks into the correct houseboat while moving up the lake. Side tied the boats together and complexly moved them from boat 1 to 2. That sucked! Ended up sleeping at the docks at Dangeling Rope that night.