WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

I’m a shitty golfer...

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
IMG_20220127_104726.jpg

Hung out with Rickie, Jordan, Dustin and Xander yesterday. That Guy, the wives and my neighbor took in an amazing day at Torrey Pines.
Poor Fowler was 7 under in the morning and something like 4 over at the end of the day.

I shot three mules, a bloody mary, and a vodka soda. Finished up with a Stella and a Cabernet for an awesome Thursday.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Buy the perfect putt trainer. Guaranteed to stop leaving putts short. The slope before the cup is pretty steep. The first round after using it i blew everything 4’ by.
The putter is my main score killer. Been fighting the yips for years now. 99.9% mental.

77charger

Reaction score
Went today and it was so so.Wind was blowing good my drives and getting on the green was great but the putts well they were pretty sad

Boatymcboatface

Reaction score
Golf course superintendent association convention is this week in San Diego so golf courses that are hosting any of the tournament rounds will be in great shape! All the other ones should be as well because superintendents from across the country will be visiting and playing golf. Next time you miss a putt or have a bad round and want to complain about course conditions remember that there’s a guy who puts countless hours in each day to give you the best they can. Sometimes course conditions aren’t a true reflection of the stress and workload some of these guys have on them!

Joker

Reaction score
Played Mesa Verde in Costa Mesa yesterday. Tee time at 2:09 and we were lucky to get in 9. Every hole hole 2 groups lined up waiting.
I’ll take Laughlin Ranch any day but at least we got out.
Wife broke her driver today at the range so I had her try my Sim 3 wood. Her drives increased 10 fold so we bought her the same club to utilize as her driver.

BingerFang

Reaction score
I played sierra lakes Saturday in Fontana with a neighbor. Wind was terrible. 136 yard par 3. I compressed a 6 iron as hard as I could and it still landed short and rolled into the water. 29 over for the day, lol!

0BEF29A4-8634-495F-ACB5-773F716EECDE.jpeg

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
I played Torrey Pines South Yesterday. It was the Superintendents' tournament, but they played on the North Course.

IMG_20220206_132419.jpg

It was a gorgeous day. My twosome was paired with a couple other guys. One was here from Texas. He couldn't believe this was normal weather. Clear as could be, warm, and very light breeze. I think he had to pay $225. I have a resident's card and get to play for $48. (Twilight starts at 1:00 )

I carded pars on holes 1 and 2, and figured I was a shoe in for an epic day. Bogied hole three, the par three that looks out towards the ocean, then things went squirrelly for a while. The rough was mowed down a bit from the Farmers' Tournament, but still gnarly. Getting out was always iffy. A couple times were all looking for balls. I had a few great holes, and a few that hurt. The greens were crazy fast and I three putted more than I would like to admit.

On 18 I made it just over the lake in three. So lucky my ball sort of plugged itself into a small flat spot on the slope. It could have easily rolled back into the pond. The sun was gone and it was getting dark. The air was getting heavy and damp. I chipped not too close... but luckily two putted.
IMG_20220206_174040.jpg

pixrthis

Reaction score
We ride every Sunday unless something bigger is happening

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
Yes! Got a tee time for Torrey Pines North for next week. I haven't played that side yet. Since they just had the Farmers and the Superintendents' Tourney the place is in amazing condition.

77charger

Reaction score
Now that I’m home from work for two weeks gonna golf this week and next. Will be trying different courses too. Need to step up but if I still suck oh well the beer is cold.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
I'm watching some of the Phoenix Open on TV. Holy shit what a crazy crowd. Three story grandstands, supposedly 17,000 people on the 16th par three hole all hollering. Crazy.

Reactions: DWC

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
baker.jpg

Played Admiral Baker South course yesterday. Last week it was sunny and perfect, Monday it was beautiful and sunny, Tuesday I played and it drizzled and rained all day. Wednesday... beautiful out again. Strangely I did alright in spite of being cold and wet. Carded one triple, two doubles and still shot an 84. By hole 14 my left elbow was hurting so I put on a brace and it messed up my swing for two holes, thus the triple and the double. Took it off and got back on track with two more pars. I should have skipped the damn brace and I would have broken 80. Even a cold rainy day is better than going to work!

77charger

Reaction score
Played yesterday started good birdie a 131 yard par 3 then started choking. My short game sucked on the green 2 other times should be easy par but nope. Then last 3 driver shots bad Foward spin last 2 games not one mistake then suddenly 3 in row think I changed my grip after beer kicked in 🙈 will try next week again.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
Too much swing lube.... LOL I find I do better with low expectations. With no pressure you start out doing pretty well. Then half way through you realize you are playing well and that messes you up. At least that is how it goes for me, :rolleyes:

Magic2K10

Reaction score
Played Indian Hills, jurupa valley , shot a 44 on the back ,but a 49 on the front , had a blast just playing skins with a few buddies , walked away with 8 skins, had a few close putts to win another 6 , just couldn't pull off, just all remember this doesn't last forever , we are not all here long , take advantage of all your days you can play and spend time with family and friends..

JayBreww

Reaction score
Played Indian Hills, jurupa valley , shot a 44 on the back ,but a 49 on the front , had a blast just playing skins with a few buddies , walked away with 8 skins, had a few close putts to win another 6 , just couldn't pull off, just all remember this doesn't last forever , we are not all here long , take advantage of all your days you can play and spend time with family and friends..
How were the conditions.

Bear Down

Reaction score
Great day at Pelican!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220227-183121_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220227-183121_Gallery.jpg
    253.6 KB · Views: 39
  • Screenshot_20220227-183125_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220227-183125_Gallery.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 41
  • Screenshot_20220227-183130_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220227-183130_Gallery.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 40
  • Screenshot_20220227-183134_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220227-183134_Gallery.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 42
  • Screenshot_20220227-183143_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220227-183143_Gallery.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 38

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
Played Torrey Pines North last week. Cold, windy and wild. It was 47* in the morning, but warmed up to maybe 60* by noon. 40 miles an hour winds on the holes by the beach. The wind was whipping the sand out of the traps. That hurts!

Attachments

• IMG_20220223_111246.jpg
    IMG_20220223_111246.jpg
    893.9 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Just got my first lesson as an adult on Saturday. A few things to work on that really improved my ball striking during and after the lesson. Played a quick 9 on Saturday and was a mess, was overthinking everything and played like garbage. Has anyone else had that experience after a lesson?

Also, my dad and I have made a goal to play all 6 of the public courses that have hosted a US Open. Does anyone who have played these courses have tips of the best time of year or the best way to get on?

1. Torrey South
2. Pebble,
3. Chambers Bay, WA
4. Bethpage Black, NY
5. Pinehurst No.2, NC
6. Erin Hills, WI

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
Torrey isn't too hard to get times on if you pay the advance registration fee. Residents can play for $48, but I think for non residents it is $125 plus the $35 fee. I think Pebble is similar, but the fees are more like $550. I watched a foursome tee off at Pebble. Two of them shanked their first drives. LOL

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Torrey isn't too hard to get times on if you pay the advance registration fee. Residents can play for $48, but I think for non residents it is $125 plus the $35 fee. I think Pebble is similar, but the fees are more like $550. I watched a foursome tee off at Pebble. Two of them shanked their first drives. LOL

Yeah I do know that pebble is $575 for a tee time plus you have to stay at their hotel to be eligible to book a time. That one is probably going to be our last to tackle, especially because my dad has already played it

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
After loosing our playing partner to an accident a week ago, the three of us played this past Saturday with a heavy heart. Had to be the quietest round we've ever played together. Normalcy was non-existent nor will it ever return.
Played shitty too, forty-fukn-three puts don't cut it.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
After loosing our playing partner to an accident a week ago, the three of us played this past Saturday with a heavy heart. Had to be the quietest round we've ever played together. Normalcy was non-existent nor will it ever return.
Played shitty too, forty-fukn-three puts don't cut it.
43 puts in a round definitely sounds like your mind was elsewhere. Maybe your mind was exactly where it needed to be, with your friend.

After my dad's uncle passed, on the annual Thanksgiving Golf Tournament that he used to coordinate, we each chose a hole to tee off for him. The ball went where it went and it stayed there. Helped with closure for my Dad and his brothers.

DWC

Reaction score
Just got my first lesson as an adult on Saturday. A few things to work on that really improved my ball striking during and after the lesson. Played a quick 9 on Saturday and was a mess, was overthinking everything and played like garbage. Has anyone else had that experience after a lesson?

Also, my dad and I have made a goal to play all 6 of the public courses that have hosted a US Open. Does anyone who have played these courses have tips of the best time of year or the best way to get on?

1. Torrey South
2. Pebble,
3. Chambers Bay, WA
4. Bethpage Black, NY
5. Pinehurst No.2, NC
6. Erin Hills, WI
Everyone that gets lessons has the same issue. Played a round with an ex-boss once. He came straight from the lesson to play. It was a good day for my wallet.

Speaking of wallet.. That’s number one for playing these. That and making the tee time as early as possible.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Everyone that gets lessons has the same issue. Played a round with an ex-boss once. He came straight from the lesson to play. It was a good day for my wallet.

Speaking of wallet.. That’s number one for playing these. That and making the tee time as early as possible.

Yeah definitely going to be an expensive endeavor, but a cool goal for my dad and I to tackle together.

Hoping we can get the "stay at hotel" requirement waived at pebble like my dad was able to.

DWC

Reaction score
Yeah definitely going to be an expensive endeavor, but a cool goal for my dad and I to tackle together.

Hoping we can get the "stay at hotel" requirement waived at pebble like my dad was able to.
It is very cool. I’d make sure you’re setting up a couple additional rounds in each area as well. 👍. How’s your Dad playing with those new clubs😳

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
It is very cool. I’d make sure you’re setting up a couple additional rounds in each area as well. 👍. How’s your Dad playing with those new clubs😳
Still getting the hang of them, his iron play and putting has gotten better but he's struggled a bit with the driver.

clarence

Reaction score
Staying at the Sheraton Grand at Wild Horse Pass in Phoenix and playing Devil's Claw and Cat Tail at the Whirlwind Golf Club the end of the month.

Anyone played there?

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
Staying at the Sheraton Grand at Wild Horse Pass in Phoenix and playing Devil's Claw and Cat Tail at the Whirlwind Golf Club the end of the month.

Anyone played there?
Don’t golf as much any more but I liked Devils Claw better for some reason. Whirlwind is first class in the treatment of their guests and the course is always in great shape.

TCHB

Reaction score
Whirlwind is always nice. Be there next month.

Hallett_Whacker

Reaction score
Speaking of shitty golfers, the 17th at Sawgrass is eating up the big boys today. At one point, five of the first seven put balls in the drink.

They looked like me…. But rich.

King295

Well-Known Inmate #20225
Reaction score
Played David L Baker in Fountain Valley last night. Tee'd off at 4:45pm and ended up playing all 18 without any of those light up golf balls that fly like bottle rockets with the stick cutoff. Only lost 2 balls that we couldn't find. Ended up shooting something in the upper 80's (we were more focused on catching a good Friday night buzz which I'm regretting this morning). Playing there again Sunday afternoon.