WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

How Can Tim Respond RD??

shippingguy

2007 Ultra 27 Shadow
Reaction score
As for the rest, the original owner of the 29'Commander has e-mailed the letter that Tim asked for last night. Tim is sending said letter to his attorney this morning to make sure it covers what he wants covered. (In my opinion it does after reading it).

Tim should be depositing this guys full amount into his bank account at some point this afternoon providing the attorney gives it the all good. If for some reason he doesn't, then by all means.. Get your gas cans.

In the meantime though why don't some of you guys put down your pitchforks and sing kumbahyah around the campfire for a few hours, because I suspect by this afternoon this is gonna be a non issue..

RD

So is it possible that Tim sold another boat and will be using that money to pay the customer off and then we will have a repeat situation again in a couple months??? I think the term is "Robbing Peter to pay Paul!!":rolleyes

BigCity47

Remember My Member
Reaction score
pb-120102-popcorn-6p.jpg

I ordered extra in case anyone else was hungry...... These threads are so entertaining haha.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
So is it possible that Tim sold another boat and will be using that money to pay the customer off and then we will have a repeat situation again in a couple months??? I think the term is "Robbing Peter to pay Paul!!":rolleyes

It's possible that the sky could fall in today, but that doesn't make us all Chicken Little either.

In short you are saying is it possible? The answer is "yes it is possible" Then you are saying This is the case!! But you don't know if that's the case. It's jumping to a conclusion.

I do not believe that to be the case is what I'm saying.. I am also saying that I don't know for sure that it is or isn't. What I do know is Yesterday Tim told me if he has this letter he would pay the guy. The guy sent the letter. Now it's up to Tim to pay the guy. That's all you, I, or anyone else actually KNOWS.

RD

Wicky

Mr. Potatohead
Reaction score
Three threads about this and two with what looks like very creditable evidence, and yet you lock or delete them so more members can get screwed???

Ah, the days of Scream and Fly......

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Maybe OCM has been "robbing Peter to pay Paul" because he ends up spending his commissions on his "attorney" fees on these transactions..:rolleyes

What good does that post do?

Does it help the seller get paid? No
Does it add any helpful information or insight to the situation? No
Does it offer any resolution to the situation? No

Does it again negatively reflect on a business, when nobody actually has all the facts? Yes?

As said earlier, everybody just needs to relax and see if OCM funds the guy. If they do it's a non issue.. If they don't, well then there's a major issue.

RD

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
How much money are we talking? I have a hard time believing a guy wouldn't be able to cover this or would throw away his business over a dollar amount. The business I ran was different but even when I took things on a front I had the cash to pay it back if shit went sideways

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
THieves suck period...

Yes they do... Assholes broke into my saturn and stole my buds, sunglasses,
And cordless impact. Too stupid to take the lasers but that was lucky for me.

PVHCA

Reaction score
How much money are we talking? I have a hard time believing a guy wouldn't be able to cover this or would throw away his business over a dollar amount. The business I ran was different but even when I took things on a front I had the cash to pay it back if shit went sideways

Over $50K, money does strange things to people and makes people live way beyond their means. My buddy went to federal jail over $5k that the FBI proved. GC, Mayor, wealthy wife, he had it all, one would have thought.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

The dollar amount is roughly 60K.. That being said in the three situations that have come up with OCM online you would have to be out of your fucking mind to just "pay the money." In the first two you'd just be out the money with no recourse. IN this one he was led to believe there was a lien on the boat (by the customer himself, according to Tim) and he has to make sure there isn't in writing before paying it off. That was done last night..

I'm getting really tired of explaining this situation over and over and over and over and over and over...

Some of the shit you guys are writing is bordering on retarded. That post above Vic, no offense is so fucking stupid I'm not even sure where to start.

Why doesn't everyone (for the last time) just give it a rest until end of business today. If Tim doesn't pay the guy, then by all means.. Fuck Him, he deserves everything he gets.. If he does, then I guess we will all know the problem isn't a question of funding. (Which in my limited knowledge of OCM I do not believe them to have any funding issues.. Shitload of paperwork issues, but not funding)

RD

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Selling nickel and dime bags on the corner with no monthly nut...

Dammit, what a troll with nothing to add. Unbelievable.

"Traveling through hyperspace ain't like dusting crops, boy!"

PVHCA

Reaction score
The dollar amount is roughly 60K.. That being said in the three situations that have come up with OCM online you would have to be out of your fucking mind to just "pay the money." In the first two you'd just be out the money with no recourse. IN this one he was led to believe there was a lien on the boat (by the customer himself, according to Tim) and he has to make sure there isn't in writing before paying it off. That was done last night..

I'm getting really tired of explaining this situation over and over and over and over and over and over...

Some of the shit you guys are writing is bordering on retarded. That post above Vic, no offense is so fucking stupid I'm not even sure where to start.

Why doesn't everyone (for the last time) just give it a rest until end of business today. If Tim doesn't pay the guy, then by all means.. Fuck Him, he deserves everything he gets.. If he does, then I guess we will all know the problem isn't a question of funding. (Which in my limited knowledge of OCM I do not believe them to have any funding issues.. Shitload of paperwork issues, but not funding)

RD

Shouldn't or wouldn't these "MINOR" details have been covered in the original contract? Tim didn't know there was a lien or wasn't? Get the fuck out of the consignment business then.

In the business he should have access to run title to protect himself, the seller and of course the buyer.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score

Why doesn't everyone (for the last time) just give it a rest until end of business today. If Tim doesn't pay the guy, then by all means.. Fuck Him.. If he does, then I guess we will all know the problem isn't a question of funding.

RD

To me it sounds like guys are saying they don't think Tim has the money to pay. I kind of find that hard to believe. But what do I know. What I was saying is i wouldn't try to sell something I couldn't cover if things didn't go well. Kind of like the don't loan money u can't afford to lose. Im trying to think how things went when cobra sold the bayliner. Of course that 15k not 50k

That's what I was trying to get at though. I find it hard to believe he has funding issues [emoji2]

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Shouldn't or wouldn't these "MINOR" details have been covered in the original contract? Tim didn't know there was a lien or wasn't? Get the fuck out of the consignment business then.

In the business he should have access to run title to protect himself, the seller and of course the buyer.

Here comes Phil... Rounding first! We have a little piece of information!! Lets shred it on the way to second.. Grab a gas can on the way to third and burn at the stake for a HOME RUN!!

How the fuck should I know Phil? Tim blazed through some story that sounded pretty fucking believable in a very excited voice in about 2 minutes yesterday. I don't pretend to have all the details.. I can just tell you what I remember.

Tim said the guy said something about the boat being in his name, but it wasn't actually his boat. (meaning someone else paid for it, but it couldn't be registered to them... Which don't fucking ask.. I don't know) He said the guy owns a detailing company at an airport, and he is selling it for a friend of a friend etc..

When I talked to the guy he said "This is absolutely my boat.. that's my name on the title right there.. Tim is full of shit." But then in the same conversation the guy also told me "I have zero interest in lakes or rivers or boating" and a couple of other things during the conversation that would lead to the obvious question.. "Why the fuck do you have a boat?"

So AGAIN it gets into a bunch of he said she said shit, that is of zero consequence. What does matter is does this guy get funded today or not.

So do me a favor Dick Tracy, why don't you just give it a rest until the end of the day.. Because no matter how much you try to condemn someone, you don't have all the facts. I don't have all the facts.. Nobody has all the facts. If the guy gets made whole that's all that matters.

It's like playing cards with my brothers kids..

RD

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
The OCM thread is tearing this family apart, I'm taking the kids and going to stay with my parents until things settle down a little....

So wouldn't that be YOU tearing the family apart?

rivergames

Reaction score
The OCM thread is tearing this family apart, I'm taking the kids and going to stay with my parents until things settle down a little....

Don't forget to put a pillow over her mouth so your parents don't hear her!

CampbellCarl

Reaction score
End of business today, seller has another check or some other form of payment?

29'Commander

Reaction score
I want to thank River Dave for his assistance in this.

The "letter" has been signed and sent.

All paperwork has been signed and
In possession of OCM since May 7th.

Banks been open for over an hour today.

I have stated only facts and posted the evidence of OCMs BS, I still don't think OCM will pay today. He will have some other thing come up, or want the "letter" changed right before banks close. Just like
The "letter" yesterday was another plot to delay payment.

In conclusion, I had an agreement with a business owner and we shook hands on that agreement. He has since defaulted on that agreement. He is a piss poor business owner and even less of a person for making a deal and breaking it. All his "paperwork" non sense is too delay payments.

All paperwork is there, where is my F ing Money Tim!

You can go your entire life or career building a brand and personal character, and ruin it all in one action or statement. I think Tim is ruined.

PVHCA

Reaction score
Here comes Phil... Rounding first! We have a little piece of information!! Lets shred it on the way to second.. Grab a gas can on the way to third and burn at the stake for a HOME RUN!!

How the fuck should I know Phil? Tim blazed through some story that sounded pretty fucking believable in a very excited voice in about 2 minutes yesterday. I don't pretend to have all the details.. I can just tell you what I remember.

Tim said the guy said something about the boat being in his name, but it wasn't actually his boat. (meaning someone else paid for it, but it couldn't be registered to them... Which don't fucking ask.. I don't know) He said the guy owns a detailing company at an airport, and he is selling it for a friend of a friend etc..

When I talked to the guy he said "This is absolutely my boat.. that's my name on the title right there.. Tim is full of shit." But then in the same conversation the guy also told me "I have zero interest in lakes or rivers or boating" and a couple of other things during the conversation that would lead to the obvious question.. "Why the fuck do you have a boat?"

So AGAIN it gets into a bunch of he said she said shit, that is of zero consequence. What does matter is does this guy get funded today or not.

So do me a favor Dick Tracy, why don't you just give it a rest until the end of the day.. Because no matter how much you try to condemn someone, you don't have all the facts. I don't have all the facts.. Nobody has all the facts. If the guy gets made whole that's all that matters.

It's like playing cards with my brothers kids..

RD

I'm asking legit questions is all, I don't know the specifics other than what you post here. I also for the sake of the forum feel I'm offering some pretty good material.

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score
The Keyboard Cowboy just can't not write something on this one even though I have tried really really hard!

I was told by a smart guy a long time ago, "you don't get rich in the boat business, with that said, don't get into the boat business!"

In real estate, the first thing you do when you get a listing is pull the prelim. Buyers are liars and sellers are worse. I just saw it happen to an agent representing my MIL. I knew she didn't tell the agent everything so I called him direct to let him know he needed to do his due diligence.

I would think when it comes to sales you would always research the item being sold before you market it.

Bails

Reaction score
I would think you of all people would understand better then most how a relatively innocent situation can be painted any shade of grey or black someone wants too Tyro.

Seems a little racist to me. :D

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
End of business today, seller has another check or some other form of payment?

Supposedly direct deposit. Tim said he would do it this afternoon.

I want to thank River Dave for his assistance in this.

The "letter" has been signed and sent.

All paperwork has been signed and
In possession of OCM since May 7th.

Banks been open for over an hour today.

I have stated only facts and posted the evidence of OCMs BS, I still don't think OCM will pay today. He will have some other thing come up, or want the "letter" changed right before banks close. Just like
The "letter" yesterday was another plot to delay payment.

In conclusion, I had an agreement with a business owner and we shook hands on that agreement. He has since defaulted on that agreement. He is a piss poor business owner and even less of a person for making a deal and breaking it. All his "paperwork" non sense is too delay payments.

All paperwork is there, where is my F ing Money Tim!

You can go your entire life or career building a brand and personal character, and ruin it all in one action or statement. I think Tim is ruined.

Two things Joe..

1. Tim was pretty clear yesterday that he would be direct depositing the money this AFTERNOON. Nobody said anything about first thing in the morning. I read your e-mail and I sure as shit didn't say anything about 11:59 am or before (like you said I did in that e-mail). This afternoon means just that this afternoon.

2. I have high hopes and high confidence that you will have the $$ placed in your account by this afternoon (end of biz today).

There is no reason that it shouldn't be.

RD

Blubyu

Reaction score
Checks in the mail... Number one lie in the world.