WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Hammers Delta Adventure- The Hamlett Shakedown

Meaney77

Reaction score
Not to hijack your trip thread but would love to hear more about staying at Tower Park. We do a big Pirate Cove RV trip with about 10 families and stay on peninsula sites. Could you do the same type of trip here? Slip/launch the boats on site? Beach or anywhere there to hang by/in the water during the day if you’re not boating?

I’m sure there’s lots of you Delta experts that can chime in…maybe I should start a new thread but I already typed this 😂
Same here.... I think we need to do a mens run and check out the Delta Lunch Bunch Run in October.

From my house in NP its about 15 miles further than home to Havasu.

McKay

Reaction score
If you get back to Walnut Grove try Tony’s place. lake PAL suggested it when we were last year. Just our type of place with good food! About a block and a half south east of the the ice cream shop if I remember right.

Will be there again in 3 weeks. Had an epic time last year. Did about 1500 miles of boating in 8 days.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
Tower park is a good place to stay. They got a big RV Campground out back.

They just renovated the restaurant and bar so it’s nice now.

There is lots of dock parking. Small ramp. No beach but you can drive the boat to find one.

Its centrally located so you can get to everything fairly quickly. It is surrounded by calm water too

My business partner with a big family has stayed there and they had fun

Last edited:

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
Turn right out of Tower Park & there's plenty of beaches up the Mokelumne river

renodaytona

Reaction score
Great thread @Hammer I have only begun to scratch the surface of the Delta but the place is absolutely amazing. Our group definitely plans on spending more and more time down there.

Hammer

Reaction score
Same here.... I think we need to do a mens run and check out the Delta Lunch Bunch Run in October.

From my house in NP its about 15 miles further than home to Havasu.
The drive was easy. Left Santa Clarita at 8:30-9 got here in 5 1/2 hours I think with three stops. I actually prefer this drive than the one to Havasu

Hammer

Reaction score
Turn right out of Tower Park & there's plenty of beaches up the Mokelumne river
F4E42CC8-C516-43EC-BA15-8B3B5BC3521F.jpeg

This was maybe 10 minutes above Tower Park

Hammer

Reaction score
Great question. And huge props for teaching him to ski!!! Sure wish more people would do that. 👍👍

Thank you for sharing your pics Mike. Looks like a stunning vacation. 😍
Thanks Joe. It’s been great. To put it in perspective, it’s like boating in the winter in Parker. No boat traffic, Can ski almost anytime and anyplace, water is smooth just about anywhere you go.

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
Hello Hammer;

I live near Walnut Grove. You didn't miss anything with Wimpie's. Some of the worst food in the delta. No joke. Some of the best burnt down a year ago and was a mile away - Juicties (wrong spelling - I know.) was great and had real local atmosphere. Looks like you are having a great time and seeing the highlights.

The last week or two have been totally itching to be on the water. I sold my boat last summer to someone who paid silly money for it. I think something needs to follow in the near future. Too many good times out there so close by.

Enjoy!

ChrisV

Reaction score
How's the water quality? Clean or dirty? Seaweed?

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
Hello Hammer;

I live near Walnut Grove. You didn't miss anything with Wimpie's. Some of the worst food in the delta. No joke. Some of the best burnt down a year ago and was a mile away - Juicties (wrong spelling - I know.) was great and had real local atmosphere. Looks like you are having a great time and seeing the highlights.

The last week or two have been totally itching to be on the water. I sold my boat last summer to someone who paid silly money for it. I think something needs to follow in the near future. Too many good times out there so close by.

Enjoy!

The cook from Juisctyies (yes spelled wrong) is at another place now. I forget what it is called. @HighVoltage329 took us there a few trips ago, and we have been back I think twice since. Clean place, cold beer, good food!

pull-on

Roofers do it on top.
Reaction score
Great thread. We need to do a Hallett get together up there. We can take the 270 and 300, or I'll just bring the mini.

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
The cook from Juisctyies (yes spelled wrong) is at another place now. I forget what it is called. @HighVoltage329 took us there a few trips ago, and we have been back I think twice since. Clean place, cold beer, good food!

I belive FJBbrain-N2otoofast4u is thinking of King Island cafe

4Waters

Reaction score
Connelly Big Daddy. I have an HO too. I’ll try my HO Tomorrow
That's cheating!! I cheat too🤣, that big daddy so easy to get up with, I've got a Connelly Hook but I'm not ready to get back up on it

Hammer

Reaction score
Great thread. We need to do a Hallett get together up there. We can take the 270 and 300, or I'll just bring the mini.
I’m honestly glad the 300 isn’t here. There really is no need for it, I think it would be a pain in the ass up here. The mini and the vector is perfect for boating up here.

Hammer

Reaction score
That's cheating!! I cheat too🤣, that big daddy so easy to get up with, I've got a Connelly Hook but I'm not ready to get back up on it
😂. My BIL insisted I run the big daddy to make sure I got up. I don’t blame him. Lol

Last edited:

Hammer

Reaction score
I see that.... and this song just comes to mind....... not too sure. maybe it was all the jiggly in that video out on the ski. lol!

😂 it took me about 100 yards to get that comfortable feeling skiing, had to get going a little faster too. Was dragging a bit.