WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Guess who bought a Schiada today

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Well everything is in the hands of Mr. Wilkes now. He picked up my block, trans and some other parts I had yesterday. I think hes put together a good game plan on a package that should run good in this heavy pig and should last us many years. Can't wait to run this thing. Won't set any speed records but should serve our purpose. :thumbsup:D

I hope its faster than my 800 standup...lol:D:skull

This build gonna take 7 months like RD's golf cart?:bash::rotflmao:

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
I hope its faster than my 800 standup...lol:D:skull

This build gonna take 7 months like RD's golf cart?:bash::rotflmao:

It'll be done when I can afford to pay for it all. :grumble:And remember, this is a Schiada. They are NOT fast. :skull

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Rumor has it most of my parts have showed up. New heads, pistons, etc. I guess I better get back to working on this thing. Gotta pull the v-drive out and I'm gonna pull the rudder and propshaft out of it to replace seals and bushings in them. I'm guessing we'll be at the dyno sometime late December or early January.

Marko

BIG member
Reaction score
Cool thread! Really cool boat! Cant wait to see it tied up at Foxes. I like the way the bow rails are built so low. I'd keep em to. :thumbsup

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
So I've been collecting parts. Got the valve covers, steering wheel, gauges. And Wilkes found me some nice exhaust. They're Gil exhaust that came on some of the high HP mercruiser engines. These things look brand new.

Attachments

• Parts.jpg
    Parts.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 626
  • exhaust.jpg
    exhaust.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 622

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Lets get this project rolling now that you sold the Howard:D

I'll help you with the stereo and wiring when your ready. Shoot tow it to my house early on a saturday and we can build the sub boxes and amp racks after you redo the interior;):D:skull

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Lets get this project rolling now that you sold the Howard:D

I'll help you with the stereo and wiring when your ready. Shoot tow it to my house early on a saturday and we can build the sub boxes and amp racks after you redo the interior;):D:skull

The project is rolling. Just waiting for the motor to be done. I think I may wait to do the interior till next season when I can actually afford it. :grumble:

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
The project is rolling. Just waiting for the motor to be done. I think I may wait to do the interior till next season when I can actually afford it. :grumble:

Charge it.....lol

Call Martinez you might be surprised with there quality and $$$.

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
I wanna do the interior similar to this on the design.

Attachments

• catalina ski race 2003 011 [800x600].jpg
    catalina ski race 2003 011 [800x600].jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 465

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with Wilkes. My short block should be going together on Monday. :thumbsup:D

Schiada Time

Reaction score
Cool project. I completely restored my 1974 22 Schiada V-drive two seasons ago. bought i off the PB boards and went to town on it. Installed new:

Transom
propshaft
rudder
strut bushings
all new SS hardware
new SW gauges and switch pulls
all new wiring harness from bow light to stern light
new GMPP crate 502 Chevy
Freshened the Turbo 400 by Art Carr with reverse pattern
serviced the c-500
Boat runs great and tops out at about 58 mph. Its not fast but sounds cool and totes the family around the lake

i grew up in these hulls and am stoked to have one. Congrats on your project

My future goals:

thru transom headers
MSD dist. and box
restore the luster on the non-skid
redo the interior with two buckets, bench, hatch and new carpet
restore the trailer with fresh paint/striping and a bow walk

The bulk of the $$ thus far has been spent on wiring/plumbing/re-powering/new hardware/new gauges, new underwater gear etc. The boat is red/white and the name on the transom is Red Rocker. hope to see you on the water sometime.

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Should have some updates soon. Finally getting caught up on some of the other crap I had going on. Probably install the gauges and steerig wheel next week. Haven't talked to Wilkes in a while so I have no idea on where my motor is at. Don't really want to bug him or the price may go up. Probably start the wiring soon too.

Lurker

Reaction score
rattling your chain. just wanted to see if there was any progress.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Should have some updates soon. Finally getting caught up on some of the other crap I had going on. Probably install the gauges and steerig wheel next week. Haven't talked to Wilkes in a while so I have no idea on where my motor is at. Don't really want to bug him or the price may go up. Probably start the wiring soon too.

How long does it take to build a motor?

RD

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
What kind of issues?

RD

There was a problem with the mains that had to be addressed and he had to send the crank back a couple times for something. I don't really care. It'll get done. I talked to Wilkes last weekend at the river and gave him my valve covers. We're trying to decide on a rocker setup right now. Pretty sure the motor is pretty much together except for the final detail stuff. I talked to him today and we're trying to figure out where I want to mount my remote filter setup and an easy drain system for the oil. Should be nice when its done. Not gonna set any speed records but it should run pretty good and make decent power.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing how it comes out! Is Wilkes rigging the boat and doing the machining? Or are you doing it?

RD

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing how it comes out! Is Wilkes rigging the boat and doing the machining? Or are you doing it?

RD

Wilkes is just building the drivetrain. I'll be installing it all. The motor is almost done. Hes just waiting on me to decide on a the rocker setup I want then it should be ready for the dyno. Right now hes working on wheres hes gonna mount my remote oil filter setup. I guess my trans is done and the rest of the parts are there. After the dyno session and we find out the torque/hp numbers then I'm gonna bring my v-drive to him to go through that and put the right gears in it. I gotta draw up a schematic and take some measurements also so he can make me my wiring harness. I've got a bunch to do to it but I'm really in no hurry to finish it. It should be done this summer some time.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Wilkes is just building the drivetrain. I'll be installing it all. The motor is almost done. Hes just waiting on me to decide on a the rocker setup I want then it should be ready for the dyno. Right now hes working on wheres hes gonna mount my remote oil filter setup. I guess my trans is done and the rest of the parts are there. After the dyno session and we find out the torque/hp numbers then I'm gonna bring my v-drive to him to go through that and put the right gears in it. I gotta draw up a schematic and take some measurements also so he can make me my wiring harness. I've got a bunch to do to it but I'm really in no hurry to finish it. It should be done this summer some time.

Hit up Danny and see what he'd charge you to wire the boat. I think you'd be surprised.

RD

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
:D :D Well then maybe you weren't surprised.. :D

RD

At this point Dave I need to save as much as I can with this deal. I'm perfectly capable of doing the wiring myself. I just have to find the time.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
At this point Dave I need to save as much as I can with this deal. I'm perfectly capable of doing the wiring myself. I just have to find the time.

No doubt.. :D

I'm thinking my golf cart will be done before this Schiada.... maybe. :D

RD

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
lol...

To be fair you do have about a 6 month head start on him and its not done yet;):D:skull

What he doesn't realize is that if I wanted this thing done faster, it would be. I'm in no hurry. The river house is getting a pool in the next couple months and my wife is pregnant so boating right now is pretty low on my list of priorities. It will get done though. :D

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
lol...

To be fair you do have about a 6 month head start on him and its not done yet;):D:skull

2 weeks buddy!! and it's on!

What he doesn't realize is that if I wanted this thing done faster, it would be. I'm in no hurry. The river house is getting a pool in the next couple months and my wife is pregnant so boating right now is pretty low on my list of priorities. It will get done though. :D

If I wanted my g/c faster it'd be done faster too. :D

RD

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with Wilkes. Apparently my motor is together. Just waiting on a few minor things and I have to bring my exhaust to him and we should be hitting the dyno soon. :thumbsup

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
So your 6months in now...lol

Lets see some pictures of the new wiring,dash and interior. I know you haven't been waiting on Wilkes to finish the motor before you got the other stuff done:D:skull

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
So your 6months in now...lol

Lets see some pictures of the new wiring,dash and interior. I know you haven't been waiting on Wilkes to finish the motor before you got the other stuff done:D:skull

Theres nothing to see. Haven't put anything in yet. I finally uncovered it yesterday for the first time in over 2 months.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Theres nothing to see. Haven't put anything in yet. I finally uncovered it yesterday for the first time in over 2 months.

WTF you been doing........

Eating bon bons getting fat and using your wife as an excuse not to get shit done...lol:skull:D

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
WTF you been doing........

Eating bon bons getting fat and using your wife as an excuse not to get shit done...lol:skull:D

Working. Had the A/C installed, and a bunch of other shit. Its been all wrapped up to keep it out of the rain so I finally took the canopy down and I'm gonna start working on it next week. I'm in no hurry. I just need the motor in and running before September.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Working. Had the A/C installed, and a bunch of other shit. Its been all wrapped up to keep it out of the rain so I finally took the canopy down and I'm gonna start working on it next week. I'm in no hurry. I just need the motor in and running before September.

You must be tired from writing the check...lol:D:skull

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
You must be tired from writing the check...lol:D:skull

Ya cause I've been working like mad to recoup what it cost. Once the motor is in it I'll be able to work on it. Theres not much for me to do right now. I can have the gauges and other BS in it in a day. Since the motor isn't done I just haven't had any interest in working on it. Plus with the pool going in and the wife being pregnant I don't think it'll get much use this year anyways.

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
OH shit, you been putting in 4 days now... slow down bud. Dont want to hurt yourself. :drnkfr

I'm on a run right now. 13 out of the the last 14. Only took a day off because of the stop work meeting last Thursday. I'm feakin beat. Ready for the river.

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Its getting there. Should be on the dyno in the next week or 2.

Attachments

• engine 1.jpg
    engine 1.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 457
  • engine 2.jpg
    engine 2.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 444
  • engine 3.jpg
    engine 3.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 451
  • engine 4.jpg
    engine 4.jpg