WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Guess who bought a Schiada today

BobbyB

Reaction score
Theres some holes on the top deck where a windshield was that need to be filled and 1 spider crack I found but other than that its really not bad. I still may go with a small windshield but I'll decide on that later. Interior is ehhhh, so so i guess. It'll get me buy for a couple years I guess. The wrap around seating is cool but when i redo it it'll get 2 buckets and a bench in the back I think. Theres not much of a back rest for the back seat and I'd like to change that when I do the intrior along with a hatch with no holes in it. The motor I want will fit under a sealed hatch. It does have a pretty deep feel to it which is nice. As for the stereo, who knows. I'm pulling the 2 subs and JL amp out of the Howard and leaving the rest in there. Everyone thats called about the boat doesn't seem to even care about the stereo. You can see in this pic how the floor steps down from the drivetrain cover. This thing has wayyyyyyyy more room in it than the Howard. Too bad it won't be as quick or ride as well. Should be a fun cruiser though. I also put a pic of the hole in the deck where the windshield was. Other than that everything else is pretty damm good. The detailing was what it really needed.

I LIKE IT!! :thumbsup Looking GOOD!!

BobbyB

Reaction score
if you want, I can dig up the number of the guy that patched and matched my windshield holes.......

lemme know.

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
if you want, I can dig up the number of the guy that patched and matched my windshield holes.......

lemme know.

Wilkes has a guy I've used before and is very good and reasonable. Still haven't decided if I want a windshield or not so I'm gonna hold off on filling the he's for now. I'll decide after the first time I take it out.

BamBam

Reaction score
Imco shorty lower unit :skull

If he does that he'll lose his special plate he made for the drive. It won't fit the IMCO drive. then he will have to give up his ability to trim that thing out. It's all a balancing act isn't it.

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Pulled the blower and exhaust off today. The heads look pretty good. No broken valves but a little rust in a couple of them. I'm thinking rust in the cylinders from sitting outside is why its locked up. Exploring some motor options now with Barry (Obnoxious001). :thumbsup:D

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Pulled the blower and exhaust off today. The heads look pretty good. No broken valves but a little rust in a couple of them. I'm thinking rust in the cylinders from sitting outside is why its locked up. Exploring some motor options now with Barry (Obnoxious001). :thumbsup:D

800+:skull:cool:

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Well I pulled the heads off. I wonder how the motor liked having a blower on it with domed pistons. I would think the static compression was maybe just a bit much. But who knows. I gave all the pistons a little tap with a wooden mallet and now it turns over real nice. Although it looks as though a valve may have tapped a couple pistons. May have been with the old heads though as these Merlin heads still look great.

Attachments

• IMG_1434 [800x600].JPG
    IMG_1434 [800x600].JPG
    93.2 KB · Views: 521
  • IMG_1436 [800x600].JPG
    IMG_1436 [800x600].JPG
    102.1 KB · Views: 520
  • IMG_1437 [800x600].JPG
    IMG_1437 [800x600].JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 515
  • IMG_1438 [800x600].JPG
    IMG_1438 [800x600].JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 512
  • IMG_1441 [800x600].JPG
    IMG_1441 [800x600].JPG
    101.7 KB · Views: 504
  • IMG_1443 [800x600].JPG
    IMG_1443 [800x600].JPG
    105.8 KB · Views: 499

Crazyhippy

Haters gonna Hate
Reaction score
put the plugs back in the heads, and fill the chamber w/ ATF, just to make sure the valves are still sealing. If they aren't you can tell if it's intake or exhaust, and on which hole pretty easy.

So you gonna bolt it back together now? or is it getting the full monty?

obnoxious001

Engine building character
Reaction score
Well I pulled the heads off. I wonder how the motor liked having a blower on it with domed pistons. I would think the static compression was maybe just a bit much. But who knows. I gave all the pistons a little tap with a wooden mallet and now it turns over real nice. Although it looks as though a valve may have tapped a couple pistons. May have been with the old heads though as these Merlin heads still look great.

Those look like the LS6 marine style forged pistons that yielded 8.8-1 with 990 heads, so the engine was probably pretty happy with that little blower.

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
put the plugs back in the heads, and fill the chamber w/ ATF, just to make sure the valves are still sealing. If they aren't you can tell if it's intake or exhaust, and on which hole pretty easy.

So you gonna bolt it back together now? or is it getting the full monty?

Since I'm this far along I might as well just go through and rebuild it. Probably stroke it and make a 496 out of it. The extra Cubes will help increase the torque numbers which this heavy pig of a boat needs.

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Those look like the LS6 marine style forged pistons that yielded 8.8-1 with 990 heads, so the engine was probably pretty happy with that little blower.

Gotcha. Thanks Barry. Probably still go with the 496 with these heads like we talked about.

Schi-502

Reaction score
I'm enjoying the thead and don't want to "jack it".
Here are pictures of my windshields...

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 426
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 428
  • Boat for sale 014.jpg
    Boat for sale 014.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 400
  • Boat for sale 033.jpg
    Boat for sale 033.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 402

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
650 hp out of a 496 with steel heads?:skull;)

15.1 compression with a huge cam...lol:bowdown::skull

I'm sure it won't be 650 hp. Maybe upper 500hp range. I don't have your money and theres a lot of other things I need to pay for to make this hole deal work. Oil cooler, new water pump, exhaust, some extra plumbing for the different exhaust. My budget is slowly diminishing. I'd love to have that Schmidt motor but it would take $20k to have that thing in and running. I'm trying to cut that in half and then some.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
I'm sure it won't be 650 hp. Maybe upper 500hp range. I don't have your money and theres a lot of other things I need to pay for to make this hole deal work. Oil cooler, new water pump, exhaust, some extra plumbing for the different exhaust. My budget is slowly diminishing. I'd love to have that Schmidt motor but it would take $20k to have that thing in and running. I'm trying to cut that in half and then some.

I hear ya.....I am beyond broke right now:swear:cry:

Is the block good? Why not have barry clean it up do a slight overbore with new pistons,etc... and throw the blower back on?

Seems like it wouldn't be super pricey if you scored some good used parts through your connections,craigslist or ebay?

The extra cubes won't give you a ton of power and you wouuuldn't have to mess with a new crank.

Lets see pics of thye gauges and wheel:)

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
I hear ya.....I am beyond broke right now:swear:cry:

Is the block good? Why not have barry clean it up do a slight overbore with new pistons,etc... and throw the blower back on?

Seems like it wouldn't be super pricey if you scored some good used parts through your connections,craigslist or ebay?

The extra cubes won't give you a ton of power and you wouuuldn't have to mess with a new crank.

Lets see pics of the gauges and wheel:)

I don't want the blower. If I redo the upholstery I want to build a new hatch thats fully enclosed. With the blower it needs a hole cut in it. I just want a clean, good running single carb motor. Simple and easy. It'll take a 1000 HP for this thing to go fast so I already know its gonna be slow. Keep in mind this is just a big tank of a cruiser.

I went with these gauges. http://shopping.rexmar.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=ammulchr2116

And this wheel in Polished with black wrapping. http://shopping.rexmar.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=grantf9

The gauges showed up already but I'm still waiting on the wheel.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
I don't want the blower. If I redo the upholstery I want to build a new hatch thats fully enclosed. With the blower it needs a hole cut in it. I just want a clean, good running single carb motor. Simple and easy. It'll take a 1000 HP for this thing to go fast so I already know its gonna be slow. Keep in mind this is just a big tank of a cruiser.

I went with these gauges. http://shopping.rexmar.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=ammulchr2116

And this wheel in Polished with black wrapping. http://shopping.rexmar.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=grantf9

The gauges showed up already but I'm still waiting on the wheel.

Gotcha....

Gauges and wheel will look good. Why did you choose a black wrap when the boat and interior is white/blue?

AZLineman

Adjusting to retired life
Reaction score
I don't care much for the windshields on these, but if you want-em, I've got new ones like Sch-502's in smoke.

Flat Broke

Reaction score
650 HP N/A with those heads and a 91 octane friendly setup? Totally doable. The heads will need work and you'll likely need custom slugs, but it can be done. Hit up Dave Ebert at DNE Motorsports in Costa Mesa (949) 631-3781. or email: [email protected].

If you wanted to entertain new heads, you could be looking at serious improvements to that number.

I couldn't be happier with the service or product I've received from Dave.

Chris

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
That steering wheel is gay.. Buy an Impy cheapskate!!

This one

http://shopping.rexmar.com/Merchant...ct_Code=IMP1300-1&Category_Code=impyclassic13

Or..

http://shopping.rexmar.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=impycyclone13

I'd suggest this one.. but this is the one I have on my boats, and I didn't want to look "queer" next to each other at the bar.

http://shopping.rexmar.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=impydaytona13

Maybe if I had a cool newer boat like yours (and your money) I'd go with one of those. For now my broke ass is getting the cheaper Grant. ;)

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Motor? We don't need no stinkin motor!!!!:skull:skull

Attachments

• IMG_1462 [800x600].JPG
    IMG_1462 [800x600].JPG
    95.3 KB · Views: 525
  • IMG_1463 [800x600].JPG
    IMG_1463 [800x600].JPG
    92.3 KB · Views: 514

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
What's the deal with one battery mounted one way, and the other inline?

RD

Crazyhippy

Haters gonna Hate
Reaction score
I was thinking un-bolted, but not pulled out of the boat?

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
What's the deal with one battery mounted one way, and the other inline?

RD

Ya I know. Lets just say who ever did it didn't think things through to well. I'll be redoing it. Gonna have 3 batteries. 1 for starting and 2 for stereo.

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Well I pulled the motor apart today. 2 spun rod bearings. I think she was a knockin. Hell I didn't even find the bearings on one of the rods. :eek: Luckily its getting a new rotating assembly. Should be dropping the parts off in the next couple weeks. I hope. :eek::eek:

DRIVE BYE

Reaction score
I have a motor doghouse with little jump seats on each side, i'd be willing to let go of. lee has my back seat to match. all white with medium blue piping. they need a home. out of my 22. should fit yours if you dont want to do a single deck lid?? let me know or check with lee on the look. its pretty cool. i will try to post some pics if you want.

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
I have a motor doghouse with little jump seats on each side, i'd be willing to let go of. lee has my back seat to match. all white with medium blue piping. they need a home. out of my 22. should fit yours if you dont want to do a single deck lid?? let me know or check with lee on the look. its pretty cool. i will try to post some pics if you want.

I think we're gonna stick with the big deck pad. I'm hoping to redo the whole interior next winter. I wanna go with 2 buckets and a bench backseat with a fully enclosed hatch.

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Looky what I got. :thumbsup:D

Attachments

• IMG_1464 [800x600].jpg
    IMG_1464 [800x600].jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 569

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
I just drained all the gas out of it. About 45 gallons worth. :smackhead

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Well everything is in the hands of Mr. Wilkes now. He picked up my block, trans and some other parts I had yesterday. I think hes put together a good game plan on a package that should run good in this heavy pig and should last us many years. Can't wait to run this thing. Won't set any speed records but should serve our purpose. :thumbsup:D