WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

FUCK CHP!!

Abc123

Banned
Reaction score
So I got pulled over by CHP on a city street in La Verne for No front plate, tinted windows and smoked tail lights. I don't want to fix my windows. However I'll go put the front plate and stock lights on for a day to get signed off. How much am I looking to pay?

sincerely,
Another pissed off Californian.

Havasu Rehab

Reaction score
So I got pulled over by CHP on a city street in La Verne for No front plate, tinted windows and smoked tail lights. I don't want to fix my windows. However I'll go put the front plate and stock lights on for a day to get signed off. How much am I looking to pay?

sincerely,

Let me try and understand this. You have no front plate (a violation) and illegal window tint (another violation). Ya... fuck CHP. :hmm

Hypnautic

Reaction score
All fit it ticket items. That's what I call an asshole tax. Cop being an asahole and you got taxed. My last fix it ticket in Ca was 10 years ago cost me 8 or 12 dollars to get signed off by CHP.

Doublesided tape for the front plate is your friend.

Sent from somewhere in the middle of nowhere...

parkerpowersports

Reaction score
in hemet my buddie owned the shop that tented every hemet pds personal cars..but they busted everyone else??

Rvrluvr

CLAMP ON RACING
Reaction score

sincerely,

not a big fan of them myself, and i havnt had a ticket in years

drew_built

Reaction score
It's about 10 dollars for what u do fix if u decide to keep the tint and pay the fine I believe it's about 150

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Fix it tickets now are $25 each last I had heard. To not remove the tint and pay the fine is going to cost you over $100

plaster dave

Face down A$$ up
Reaction score
Let me try and understand this. You have no front plate (a violation) and illegal window tint (another violation). Ya... fuck CHP. :hmm

These are all BS violations. What part of this doesn't sound like revenue for the state? CHP are just meter maids of the freeway.:thumbsdown:thumbsdown

Havasu Rehab

Reaction score
These are all BS violations. What part of this doesn't sound like revenue for the state? CHP are just meter maids of the freeway.:thumbsdown:thumbsdown

Sounds to me that you're well aware of the law. So instead of ignoring them why don't you follow them so you don't have to deal with these "BS violations"?

Fltplan

Reaction score
Cops have better things to do than write fix it tickets IMO. They must be proud of themselves when they go home and eat dinner with the family though. :thumbsup

BTW, this is a "cop unfriendly environment". No other viewpoints will be tolerated, got it?

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
Ya know , I've been pulled over a couple times for no front plate, I've always posed the question to the officer : if front license plates were so f'ing important , why don't motorcycles have them ? no answer ...go fight some real crime in this state and quit shaking down the public . When I leave for work during the week or a motorcycle ride on the weekends , I have to run the gauntlet of ticket writing cops everywhere , I'm getting tired of it .

Abc123

Banned
Reaction score

x2!! This guy is a fucking moron.

Sounds to me that you're well aware of the law. So instead of ignoring them why don't you follow them so you don't have to deal with these "BS violations"?

You sir are a fuckin idiot. It's my truck, I paid for it therefore I should be able to do what I want with it. These asshole CHP guys are nothing but Hippocrates. Go to their station and check out the employee parking lot. Most of their cars have tint and no front plates.

The only reason they passed the gay front plate law was for the camera lights, which BTW have mostly been taken down. And the only reason why they don't want you to have window tint is so they can racially profile drivers.

Abc123

Banned
Reaction score
What really chaps my ass is that it was a young officer, couldn't have been older than 22 or 23. I told him that La Verne PD would never write me these bullshit ticket and that he should go back to the freeway (where he belongs) and go after all those fuckin illegals driving around with no insurance or the gravel trucks that toss rocks down the freeway all day.

Fltplan

Reaction score
think of how much money the state could save if they didn't have to provide materials for the front license plate!

I tried to explain to a cop once when he was writing me up for tinted windows and front plate that his mother must be proud. He wasn't amuzed. Threw the ticket at me! The nerve!

Gelcoater

Reaction score

You sir are a fuckin idiot. It's my truck, I paid for it therefore I should be able to do what I want with it. These asshole CHP guys are nothing but Hippocrates. Go to their station and check out the employee parking lot. Most of their cars have tint and no front plates.

The only reason they passed the gay front plate law was for the camera lights, which BTW have mostly been taken down. And the only reason why they don't want you to have window tint is so they can racially profile drivers.
Pretty much nail on the head.
Just because something is a law doesn't make it "right". The window tint law is pure bullshit. Why is it legal in AZ. or Florida and not Ca? MONEY,plain and simple. Front plate? MONEY. Smoked tail lights? Well thats just gay,so you deserved that one.:D

PolarBearKing

The Ass Man
Reaction score
What really chaps my ass is that it was a young officer, couldn't have been older than 22 or 23. I told him that La Verne PD would never write me these bullshit ticket and that he should go back to the freeway (where he belongs) and go after all those fuckin illegals driving around with no insurance or the gravel trucks that toss rocks down the freeway all day.

That always goes over well....

Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

I suppose that if whining about it on the internet makes you feel better, than good for you...and thanks for your support of public employees pension (alright, I know that was wrong but I just couldn't resist)

KENDOG689

Banned
Reaction score
Got pulled over in La Verne with a front plate,but at the wrong angle???Rookie cop trying to do good.No ticket,but tinted windowsand blacked out lights are a no no for me. :thumbsdown

plaster dave

Face down A$$ up
Reaction score

Why don't you go back to writing us average Joe's tickets.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Havasu Rehab

Reaction score

I'm the idiot and the moron but yet you're the one with the ticket. I'll bet a steak dinner the only reason you got that ticket was because you were acting like your typical self, a pompous arrogant buffoon. Maybe if you used some tact and respect you wouldn't have received the ticket.

What's funny about you UltraDenise is that you automatically call people names when they don't agree with your opinions. You've been doing that since wayyyy before you came onto this board. Man I miss the good old days when you were'nt on here and strictly polluted PB with your non-sense.

Also, fyi the front plate law has been in effect long before the red light cameras were even around.

Now to Gelcoater, just because you don't agree with the law doesn't mean you can ignore it. If you guys feel so strongly about it (which it appears you do) perhaps you should take action and try to get the law amended?

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
Now to Gelcoater, just because you don't agree with the law doesn't mean you can ignore it. If you guys feel so strongly about it (which it appears you do) perhaps you should take action and try to get the law amended?

Why do you assume he hasn't?

HolyMoly

reMember
Reaction score
You should have told the CHiPper that the front plate was there and probably bent down and had him go look for you. Then when he bent down in front....nail your train horn. I'm sure he would have LOL'd and told you to have a nice day. :p

dread Pirate

Reaction score
I used to get hassled for the same things in H.B. ,,,

25 years ago when I was 17 in a VW... :hmm

Tint laws are to help cops keep from getting shot by someone they can't see when they approach a car. Secondly to help visibility at night. However tint has come a LONG way in quality since then. Not saying it's right, but I remember hearing these arguments back in the 80's when they passed the laws.

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
Well if he had I'm sure he would've already enlightened me about the process. My hats off to him if he has.

I don't know if he has or not, I'm just trying to get in the mix. :D

Truth be said, I don't have a problem with the CHP even though no front plate and window tickets (by themselves) are kinda bullshit to me.

ultra26shadow

Reaction score
Fix it tickets now are $25 each last I had heard. To not remove the tint and pay the fine is going to cost you over $100

Some reputable tint shops will give you a warranty if you receive a ticket they will remove the tint and replace the tint free of charge. The warranty comes with the higher end tint jobs.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
It's my truck, I paid for it therefore I should be able to do what I want with it.

You can't be serious...that's the sort of argument unruly kids make when they're throwing temper tantrums.

Front plate tickets...well, we all know they're writing tickets for this "offense" so you really can't be mad when you get popped for it. That's like knowing there's a DUI checkpoint, drinking a few beers, and driving thru one anyway.

Tints and other stuff...same deal.
The state is broke, enforcement is up, and it's really no secret.

But try tinting your front ones lighter than the rears.
Has worked for me :thumbsup

shawngr

Reaction score

Truth be said, I don't have a problem with the CHP even though no front plate and window tickets (by themselves) are kinda bullshit to me.

Don't mean to thread jack.. But if I may for min... Hey Jerry what do you know about some bad ass boats being at pirate cove this weekend.. Heard from a friend of mine this was going on..Can you verify this story:D. PM me if you'd like..:thumbsup

BACK2BIGRIVER

Reaction score
I'm the idiot and the moron but yet you're the one with the ticket. I'll bet a steak dinner the only reason you got that ticket was because you were acting like your typical self, a pompous arrogant buffoon. Maybe if you used some tact and respect you wouldn't have received the ticket.

What's funny about you UltraDenise is that you automatically call people names when they don't agree with your opinions. You've been doing that since wayyyy before you came onto this board. Man I miss the good old days when you were'nt on here and strictly polluted PB with your non-sense.

Also, fyi the front plate law has been in effect long before the red light cameras were even around.

X2 You play you pay!!!

Havasu Rehab

Reaction score
Then why are you jumping on him?

I was merely trying to understand why he was upset at CHP after receiving a citation for offenses he was aware of. To me it made no sense. I didn't start to "jump on him" until he replied back in his usual fashion, name calling and idiocy.

Why you jumping on me?

zhandfull

Reaction score
x2!! These asshole CHP guys are nothing but Hippocrates. Go to their station and check out the employee parking lot. Most of their cars have tint and no front plates.

That is true. I was just at Rancho Cucamonga office this week. Just about half of the personal vehicles behind the gates had tint. Young new officer could stay busy without even leaving the station. lol..

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Like speeding, you got caught doing something you knew may get you a ticket. You will either learn, and fix your vehicle, or you will get more tickets. Your choice:grumble:

Or just become a cop so you can get away with window tints and no front plate :thumbsup

poncho

Reaction score

You guys have it good, we have some of the strictest motor vehicle laws there are. I have the trifecta and getting stopped is nothing new, in this state you can not lift/lower, tint your windows or basically do anything to make your vehicle different.

parkerpowersports

Reaction score
You guys have it good, we have some of the strictest motor vehicle laws there are. I have the trifecta and getting stopped is nothing new, in this state you can not lift/lower, tint your windows or basically do anything to make your vehicle different.

thats the same in ca if they really wanted to be dicks the law states no modification period..if i remember correctly that is..

racered

Reaction score
I have dark tint.When I was pulled over a few weeks ago it was at night,I saw the cop do a u-turn ,I was not speeding and all my equipment was in working order. When he lit me up I pulled over and lowered both front windows, turned on my interior light,and had my papers at the ready as I was approached on both sides of the car. I asked "what's the problem officer" and after a few moments of Q&A I motored on my way. This in a one light town,with three cop cars and an aggressive policy of revenue collection.:grumble::blah:;) Just lucky I guess:hmm

Phebus

Past Poster.
Reaction score
Havasu Rehab, you and I think alike.

How hard is it to just go by the rules, and if you get caught bending them a little, just being a man and accepting the fact that you got caught?

Suck it up dude and quit complaining.

plaster dave

Face down A$$ up
Reaction score
I was merely trying to understand why he was upset at CHP after receiving a citation for offenses he was aware of. To me it made no sense. I didn't start to "jump on him" until he replied back in his usual fashion, name calling and idiocy.

Why you jumping on me?

I guess because of the way you were acting like you are perfect. But I guess you have personal dealings with ultraDennis off the board so carry on Pal.

ROZ

Reaction score
CHP is there for one thing, to write traffic tickets. It's what they get paid to do. It's likely the La Verne pd you've encountered didn't pull you over because that officer wasn't on traffic duty. Guys on patrol don't want to mess with piddly stuff.

Bs ticket or not, you knew you were breaking the law when you made the modifications. No reason to get mad over your poor decision. Lmao

Be lucky he didn't get ya after having a beer or two at dinner...

My front door window tint is a shade lighter than the factory tint on my back windows. I run my front plate. I'm not a fan of the smoked light covers. While we're at it, I'm not a fan of blue headlights either. Now those are gay! :D

Sent using yaba daba Tapatalk

Last edited: