WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Food In Havasu - Dave's opinions

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
So I figured a lot of you live out of town, and I know it kinda sux when you go on vacation and you eat at a random restaraunt and it's not exactly what you hoped for..

There are two types of people in this world
1. Those that eat to live
2. Those that live to eat

I fall into category # 2.

So as we are trying all these places out now that I live here, I'll tell ya how it was. I should comment that I do not judge a restaraunt on service at all.. Only the quality of food. Any comments are service are just that comments.

RD

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Up first javelina cantina.

Sunday is 50% off the entire menu. :)

We happened in there on Sunday coming back from Parker.

Best Refried Beans I've had yet in Havasu.. Had the Fajitas and they had a kind of sweet glaze on them. Unusual but very tasty. This isn't what I'd call "authentic" mexican food, but the food is one of the better places we have eaten at. Priced a little higher then most other places in town, but the location at the London bridge and quality of food make it a decent value in my mind, the 1/2 off Sundays make it a slam dunk.

Comments on Service (not judging the restaraunt on it just sayin).. On half off sunday the waiters are obviously football fans, because they spend more time rooting for their teams then checking on your table. LOL

2 sundays before I took a person there for their birthday, told the waiter it was her birthday.. reminded him it was her birthday.. No birthday song, no birthday ice cream. Again though was very interested in the game.

RD

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327522442.165449.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327522442.165449.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 1,686
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327522462.069312.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327522462.069312.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 1,679

DickieB

Reaction score
It's worth the trip down to Parker to Rupertos..........little shitbox of a place but some of the best messican food I've had in awhile!

PVHCA

Reaction score
On the 1st plate what is the 1000 Island looking cum pile?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
On the 1st plate what is the 1000 Island looking cum pile?

It is a "Crema" deal that came with the fajitas.. When you are down in Baja they put "Crema" on everything, from hot dogs to burritos to quesadillas etc..

Actually the 1st time I have seen it in a restaurant out here.. You see it in SD sometimes. Was very good.. :)

RD

HavasuHank

"B" team gardener
Reaction score
i think the place is called casa bonita, but it kicks ass ... we try and go there on sundays before we leave :thumbsup

PVHCA

Reaction score
More like "Elmer Fudd", LOL!!

Member: 71

M ǝ ɯ q ǝ ɹ : 7 1
Reaction score
LOL. this should get good.

You might want to sign up under an alias or use Grads name, the last thing you want is a bunch of pissed off cooks or restaurant owners. It's a small town. Good or bad, sooner or later you'll be back at those restaurants:skull

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
I usually go to Javalinas the first night in town. And then walk down to the Heat Bar below. :champagne:

BACK2BIGRIVER

Reaction score
Dunno who that is.. but it is titled "Dave's Opinions" not restaurant reviews.. LOL

RD

Come on RD you not that young you have to know who Elmer Dills is. I think he was on channel 7 restaurant critic

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
LOL... Pretty soon RD's belly is gonna be posting for him. :D

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
LOL. this should get good.

You might want to sign up under an alias or use Grads name, the last thing you want is a bunch of pissed off cooks or restaurant owners. It's a small town. Good or bad, sooner or later you'll be back at those restaurants:skull

Pretty much guarantee that if the food sux I actually won't go back.

RD

fmo24

Reaction score
It's either Umberto's or Roberto's for rolled taco's. Just north of McCulloch.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score

Pushnwood

Reaction score
Have you eaten at Bad Miguels yet?

Is that place good? It's walking distance from my house, but we went there when it was under another name & it was bad(service & food) so we never went back. We hit Javalina almost every time we're there.

Starloans

Reaction score
This is a great thread.

I would like to put my .02 in.

I've lived here since 06. I have pretty much reduced to 3 places to eat out. Maddogs, Montana and Chilis. The prob is the price of beer. At MD and Montana, a draft CL is $Two.Fity. Chilis is $2.25 for the short not the Tall. As a comparison, Plaza Bonita and Red Robin is $4 for the same beer. The $1 tacos at MD are far superior than Jakes and Javalina. IMO Javalina food has gone down hill and its expensive.

MD has the best specials in town. $1 tacos Tue & Thur and 1/2 off the entire menu on Sunday. Other specials other nights too. Pretty dam good bar food.

I think Chilis has good prices on all food. Maybe not the best in town but good for the money.

Montana has a Nugget Steak dinner on the appitizer side but you get a big baked Tater, nice salad, awesome bread and the nuggets are a good full size steak cut into nuggets. The soup is made from scratch as well as most all their salad dressing. I like the honey mustard. New owners this summer. Scorching hot Readhead at the door...she's the owner, Veronica. $11.49 or $11.99 can't remember.

I also like Wide Open Wings. They are generous with the fries.
McKee's has a great Philly Cheesesteak and $2 CL.

Last edited:

Joker

Reaction score
What was the name of that mexican joint off of industrial towards West Marine? The food was excellent for us.

bunkrepair

Reaction score
It's all about

Ed deli
And
Taco hacienda

Sent from my iPhone while acting like I'm working

McRib

aka HWlaser23, "B" team member
Reaction score
The wife and I like casa serrano. Their beans are the best. I think they are refried with lard and chorizo. U get a bowl with ur chips and salsa. I could sit there and make a meal out of the beans and chips. Mmmmm

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
Is that place good? It's walking distance from my house, but we went there when it was under another name & it was bad(service & food) so we never went back. We hit Javalina almost every time we're there.

We go to Bad Miguels when we are in town to pick up food to go. Their taco's are awesome :thumbsup food is good and affordable.

While we're waiting they have $1 draft beers for happy hour :thumbsup

It's worth a try.

rivergames

Reaction score
Dave, you might want to lay off all the mexican food so you can test drive the mini schiada when it is finished in 4 years :thumbsup

Scott E

Reaction score
It's all about

Ed deli

Best sandwiches in town...

Case Serano has good food but when they decided to shut down for that day without immigrants in support of illegal immigration we stopped going. That was about 5-6 years ago and we have not been back...

YoPengo

Inmate #47
Reaction score
The wife and I like casa serrano. Their beans are the best. I think they are refried with lard and chorizo. U get a bowl with ur chips and salsa. I could sit there and make a meal out of the beans and chips. Mmmmm

We went this past weekend and the food sucked. First time its been bad... won't rule them out yet.

We go to Bad Miguels when we are in town to pick up food to go. Their taco's are awesome :thumbsup food is good and affordable.

While we're waiting they have $1 draft beers for happy hour :thumbsup

It's worth a try.

This place is close to our place and I have never tried it.

Service is sketchy but, the food ROCKS!

Casa Fern?ndez is still my favorite but your right the service sucks.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
keep it simple, you wont have to try everyplace in town if you follow this trend... food at ________ was ok. Service at _______ sucked. The drinks were good but _______ ran out of jack.

from boat reviews to food, dave you keep me laughing sometimes. Keep up the good work, btw, let me know what you think of cha-bones and angelina's.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
dont forget the breakfast burrito from the pirate.

but really, dont forget to check Makai for breakfast

YoPengo

Inmate #47
Reaction score
Other places to try...

Rusty's and Angelina's

wash11

Off The Grid
Reaction score
La Vita Dolce. Little joint across from Arby's, where 2 Guys Pizza used to be. Great food, prices and service. That has been our regular spot for over a year now.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
dave picks up food to go from (?) and goes out on a boat for a test ride and then comes back with reviews for food and boat. :D

add to it, he can tell us he ran north on the lake and let us know the water is low at the river mouth too. :thumbsup

whiteworks

Custom Shutters by WhiteWorks
Reaction score
Put the fork down and step away from the table.