WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

DCB flip from the air (different angle)

C-2

Reaction score
are these drivers or passengers in radio contact with anyone? How and why would they let the second set of boats pass the seen at 100mph!! For fuchs sake its poker run not a race for cash! There was a boat crossing directly in front of the second set of boats, maybe a rescue boat, he nearly got hit.

The flip maybe driver error, but to let the 2nd set haul ass pass the seen is completely wrong. Arent all you big baller boaters friends? If I heard the 'silver' boat flipped the last thing I would do is speed by to get my poker card or bragging rights.

Im may be way off base here, if I am thats fine, not the 1st time. But ,,,,this event needs some seriuos discussion before next year. Its a matter of time before there is a tragic accident. Egos need to put aside, have the shoot out 1st, then who cares if your number 1 to the springs.

Once again, stop acting like a douche. Do an Internet search of yourself and Desert Storm, find the same repetitive, alarmist post over and over, dating back years now. You and one other douche who would always post before the event took place.

It's simple - if you don't like the event, don't go to it. Problem solved.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

Yes.. It was / is a bad ass boat.

are these drivers or passengers in radio contact with anyone? How and why would they let the second set of boats pass the seen at 100mph!! For fuchs sake its poker run not a race for cash! There was a boat crossing directly in front of the second set of boats, maybe a rescue boat, he nearly got hit.

The flip maybe driver error, but to let the 2nd set haul ass pass the seen is completely wrong. Arent all you big baller boaters friends? If I heard the 'silver' boat flipped the last thing I would do is speed by to get my poker card or bragging rights.

Im may be way off base here, if I am thats fine, not the 1st time. But ,,,,this event needs some seriuos discussion before next year. Its a matter of time before there is a tragic accident. Egos need to put aside, have the shoot out 1st, then who cares if your number 1 to the springs.

They aren't in radio contact.. That being said, everyone from group 2 probably thought they were spectators that were in a bad spot. You can see everyone cruising by at safe / normal speeds. I would seriously doubt anyone heard about the accident until much later in the day.

Even if they did hear about it (somehow?).. There were plenty of boats and rescue on scene. There is nothing they are going to do by stopping other then add more chaos.. Continue the run is the only move. As they say "The show must go on."

RD

Hammer

Reaction score
RR I passed the scene with heading to the card stop. I can assure you there was a half dozen boats minimum around the boat. The M41, don London and a host of other "baller " boats. Everyone that was headed to the springs were on the Cali side of the lake and none of them were going over 80 at that particular spot .

TBI

Thumbless Wonder
Reaction score
Here are some pics my buddy's daughter took

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

005.jpg

0010.jpg

Nord

HONKY
Reaction score
It is truly amazing nobody was hurt.......and people say there are no such thing Angels.

JBS

Reaction score
You can clearly see a rope on that deck boat in the first picture. While they have every right to be there I am surprised a safety boat would not of moved them. deck boat.jpg

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
I always said life jackets are for finding body's not saving lives above 100mph I guess I was very wrong on that one.

As long as its the proper ones. Lifelines save lives. I wouldn't trust a ski vest at those speeds.

Sent from my iPad using Tap That Ass

ROC

lets have a beer
Reaction score
I thought for sure after posting the sexy pics of Havigirlie your street cred would explode and no one would EVER disagree with you again! ;)
Crendentials, or credibility?

milkmoney

Reaction score
that's whats wrong with this place........you guys are doing it again..:)

HolyMoly

reMember
Reaction score
I was just looking at RDs new thread with the M35 pics full of water with the hat, however that would be the wrong thread to ask this question, but I wanted to know:

After a boat of that caliber is under water, does the inside, seats, gauges, all electrical, etc etc all have to be torn out and replaced? Do they just gut the entire boat? What about the TCM 1365/1500s that were in the boat? Are they still usable? What's the process with those engines, and getting them running again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

just a little Lucas Oil Synthetic Boat Recovery Oil makes everything better than new! :thumbup:

tapa-typed from my mobile gadget

Froggystyle

Reaction score
I was just looking at RDs new thread with the M35 pics full of water with the hat, however that would be the wrong thread to ask this question, but I wanted to know:

After a boat of that caliber is under water, does the inside, seats, gauges, all electrical, etc etc all have to be torn out and replaced? Do they just gut the entire boat? What about the TCM 1365/1500s that were in the boat? Are they still usable? What's the process with those engines, and getting them running again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Obviously, everything has to be dewatered. Problem with gauges is that water gets behind the glass and makes it dirty. The gauges will usually work again though.

Interior is gonna be wet but fine probably. Drain it, squeeze it out etc....

Wiring is fine, Smart craft panels are hosed, engines will be fine. Pull them apart right away and a simple rebuild should be fine.

I bought a boat with a sunk motor. Filled it with about two gallons of diesel instead of oil, cycled the oil pump with the oil pump drive for about ten minutes and displaced all the water back down to the pan. Dumped the diesel, added more diesel (which is a light oil itself) and started it with a new filter. Ran about ten minutes, drained it. Put cheap oil in, ran it until the oil temp got over that of boiling water (212 degrees) and let it steam off the remainder. Drained it again, good oil and filter... Took it to the lake.

If we dunked an outboard in saltwater or something in the teams, the first thing we did was bring it back and soak it in freshwater. For several hours. Then you do all of the above basically to dewater it.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
According to Summit Karl it wasn't JT driving the boat that year it was in fact this same driver.. He was let back into the poker run if he "behaved himself."

I was always under the impression JT was driving the boat way back when. I can call Jim Nichols and get confirmation on that later today.

It is in fact the same boat I believe, but not 100% if it was the same driver.

RD

Nord

HONKY
Reaction score
According to Summit Karl it wasn't JT driving the boat that year it was in fact this same driver.. He was let back into the poker run if he "behaved himself."

I was always under the impression JT was driving the boat way back when. I can call Jim Nichols and get confirmation on that later today.

It is in fact the same boat I believe, but not 100% if it was the same driver.

RD

I thought you said the guy driving the boat was a dewd that drives boats with outboards. Still the same guy?