WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Boat accident on Parker 6/26

mosslager

Reaction score
Just got a call of a bad boat accident in Parker. Boat load of people moving pretty good drove into the mountain across from Emerald Cove. Anyone have details.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Are you saying this happened tonight? Or yesterday?

If it's yesterday then there's already 3 threads going on about it..

if it's tonight, then it's something new.

RD

McRib

aka HWlaser23, "B" team member
Reaction score
Soooo...... Does this make 3??? Or r u talking about one of the 2 that have been posted alredy??

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Fuck I hope this isn't 3.. If it is, we're all getting anal cavity searches for the next 5-10 years on the water..

RD

mosslager

Reaction score
no this was tonight... my co workers son saw the whole thing and just called his dad here at work to tell him

McRib

aka HWlaser23, "B" team member
Reaction score
no this was tonight... my co workers son saw the whole thing and just called his dad here at work to tell him

Jesus!! Wtf! 3 in less then 2 weeks!!! Dave I think ur gonna be right. There gonna step up the leo presence fo sho now. That sucks. Whats it gonna take?? This is gonna end bad for the responsible ones. :(

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
I thought Parker was closed for the summer......

ColeTR2

Reaction score
Yep two nights in a row ... boats driving into cliffs ... I saw two males go off in ambulances .. and two helicopters land ... i talked to a lady that said she saw them do CPR for 20min. on a girl and load her into a ambulance before i got there ...

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
OMG, what are these people f'n doing out there?

RD

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
Driving in the dark duhhh!!!!

I wonder how many of these incidents have been from new to Parker or even boating for that matter!?!?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

That's funny.. LOL :D (given the thread content for the last 2 days)

I hope everyone is alright in tonights accident.. :( I just can't hardly believe 3 accidents in 2 weeks? 2 in 2 days? WTF?

RD

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Parker Strip is amazing boating at night,, but not for the inexperienced.
We've all driven it up and down so many times it's second nature.
The rising amount of rental boats at Emerald is perhaps reason to believe we'll see more of this.

WET-N-WILD LIGHTNING

Reaction score
WOW!! Shit is crazy down there in Parker. I hope that everyone is ok.

Last edited:

Riverjunkie42

Reaction score
For crying out loud. This is madness. I myself don't like going through that area around Echo Lodge during the day sometimes. Those turns are tricky at night and since Sundance isn't lit up like in the old days, there is a really dark area and big huge rock that sticks out into the river a bit where those people hit. You would think less reference points would cause a boater to slow down. :headscratch:

cave

Reaction score
That sucks. Hope there were no fatalities

Reaction score
Jesus h. What the hell are these people doing. 2 in 2 nights. I truly hope everyone is ok.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I thought Parker was closed for the summer......

They closed it after this weekend. Everyone enjoy the lake. :thumbsup

I dont get why everyone is acting so suprised!! This is classic river behavior. Too much courage in a can, driving too fast, partying way beyond what you normally do. Its just typical river behavior!

Same shit, different summer. :rolleyes:

PaPaG

Reaction score
OMG, what are these people f'n doing out there?

RD

I am wondering what percentage of these accidents had alcohol involved (I bet I can guess)...maybe some people will learn the easy way before it is to late.. sad to see this many boating accidents all up and down the colorado river including the lakes...be safe people....

batterup

Reaction score
He also mentions extra night patrols for the upcoming holiday weekend.

HEY YOU

Reaction score
Was there a lack of L.E.O due to the O.U.I checkpoint up on the river this past weekend or doesn't even matter.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Was there a lack of L.E.O due to the O.U.I checkpoint up on the river this past weekend or doesn't even matter.

One has nothing to do with the other.. Different agencies etc..

RD

HEY YOU

Reaction score
One has nothing to do with the other.. Different agencies etc..

RD
Was just asking, for the checkpoint's i thought they pull from other agencies and didn't know if they pull from that area.

Ultracrazy

Reaction score
I have an idea......put another bar in parker (pirates cove) that should help.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

You're right it will.. More lights along the shore line help immensely with night navigation! :)

RD

NicPaus

Reaction score
You're right it will.. More lights along the shore line help immensely with night navigation! :)

RD

If Sundance was lit up like it use to be saturday night accident more than likely would not of occurred.

Reaction score
If Sundance was lit up like it use to be saturday night accident more than likely would not of occurred.
You shouldnt make assumptions like that with out having facts. Pure speculation

Kylemenz1

Reaction score
I see a 35mph speed limit and mandatory life jackets coming sooner then later. :(

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

Back in those days, the crashes were on the highway at night. Man there were some Nasty ass ones.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Nice :)

I can be a smart ass too.. ;)

I see a 35mph speed limit and mandatory life jackets coming sooner then later. :(

A life jacket isn't going to help you from a 40 mph impact into the side of a cliff.. Maybe seat belts and helmets? LOL.. I'm just saying that it's as ludicrous as life jackets being mandatory.

RD

Kylemenz1

Reaction score
A life jacket isn't going to help you from a 40 mph impact into the side of a cliff.. Maybe seat belts and helmets? LOL.. I'm just saying that it's as ludicrous as life jackets being mandatory.

RD

I agree 100%. But these accidents are just giving ammunition to the people who are trying to make it happen.

Chipster27

B Team Member #27
Reaction score
A life jacket isn't going to help you from a 40 mph impact into the side of a cliff..
True but it's easier to see the body floating down the river rather than skipping along the bottom ;)

HEY YOU

Reaction score

I don't think the bar's have anything to do it, like some on here have been saying why go to a bar and drop a 100 bucks a boat on drinks when you can go float listen to music you want to hear and relax and drink whatever for 1/2 the price.

HEY YOU

Reaction score
Light up the river at night to prevent accidents??

Don't they have accidents during the day? Just sayin.
Your right about that, just image if they let the sea doo's wild at night.

milkmoney

Reaction score
Your right about that, just image if they let the sea doo's wild at night.

that wouldnt matter them fockers cant drive during the day anyways, jus about got one this morning.....

Ultracrazy

Reaction score
I don't think the bar's have anything to do it, like some on here have been saying why go to a bar and drop a 100 bucks a boat on drinks when you can go float listen to music you want to hear and relax and drink whatever for 1/2 the price.

I have seen what the Pirates Cove in Moabi has done.......more bars....more people......more boats......more accidents. My opinion.

HEY YOU

Reaction score
I have seen what the Pirates Cove in Moabi has done.......more bars....more people......more boats......more accidents. My opinion.
I don't know how much of that is true or to blame because you still have the sandbar people that are up in that area as well.

parkerpowersports

Reaction score
cpr for 20 mins.. no way shes walking away..the driver was young and sober according to one of my customers that was first on the scene..

HEY YOU

Reaction score
cpr for 20 mins.. no way shes walking away..the driver was young and sober according to one of my customers that was first on the scene..
If so thats going to be hard to deal with the rest of his life sucks for all parties.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score

More bars, more people, more boats, have there been more accidents? I haven't really heard of an increase of accidents or fatalities on that part of the river. The hit and run Fountain and the boat the hit the bridge were pre Pirates cove.

Since all the boats are going north are there less accidents towards the Springs?

In this economy with the least amount of new boats being built in years, I can't imagine there are more people on the water than there were 5 years ago.

Sent from my DROID PRO using Tapatalk

HEY YOU

Reaction score
More bars, more people, more boats, have there been more accidents? I haven't really heard of an increase of accidents or fatalities on that part of the river. The hit and run Fountain and the boat the hit the bridge were pre Pirates cove.

Since all the boats are going north are there less accidents towards the Springs?

In this economy with the least amount of new boats being built in years, I can't imagine there are more people on the water than there were 5 years ago.

Sent from my DROID PRO using Tapatalk
That's my .02cents also about P.C, still the young sand bar crowd up in that area.

parkerpowersports

Reaction score
imo kids, young people or anyone for that matter is going to go to the river and get trashed, bars or not..and in this economy beer on the boat is way cheaper than hitting the bars..i think a dd and slower night speeds are good ideas.