WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Your thoughts on Wakeboard Boats?

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I remember when Snowboarding hit the scene.
Snow skiers weren't too thrilled about it either.

cave

Reaction score
How many tattoos do you and the ol lady have? :D
Are your sox black?
Do you know the words to the Bro Song???
Do you have a "I don't give a crap attitude I'm on a wake boat and can turn right into you if I want to"?

If yes then pick that Wake boat Pyle up!

Just remember your responsible for your wake.:champagne:

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
How many tattoos do you and the ol lady have? :D
Are your sox black?
Do you know the words to the Bro Song???
Do you have a "I don't give a crap attitude I'm on a wake boat and can turn right into you if I want to"?

If yes then pick that Wake boat Pyle up!

Just remember your responsible for your wake.:champagne:

Stir that pot. Nice. :thumbsup:skull:skull

cave

Reaction score
Stir that pot. Nice. :thumbsup:skull:skull

Jus sayin:D

Really I hope Dave sets up a wake barge section. Maybe enlighten some of the many wakers that don't know nada about boating etiquette.

I think about picking one up all the time. Till the end of the day and all the tweenies can barley get out of the boats. They look like all those seniors trying to open the door at Dennys..:D

Pushnwood

Reaction score
NO, god sakes no.

If I could get outta the Wakeboard boat family and buy a new Eliminator I would choose the later in a heartbeat.
We have a WB boat for the kids. It's our family recreation.

My point is we bought for ride comfort, and don't need any gizmos to get a good wake.
Kinda of a SUV family van for the water I guess.

I'd much rather have a performance boat, or just say fuck it all and get a pontoon.

See post #35:D

EarpRider

Reaction score
Its always nice to have a roll bar boat in the group. but, the owners are generally frustrated as a whole ( 42mph tops?) they are bittersweet, everything is purposed built in my world. gotta have 2 or 3 of eveything!:boobeyes:

I guess I'm confused, what is it that I need to get to on a beautiful sunny day at the river that 42 mph isn't fast enough???

HolyMoly

reMember
Reaction score
Does it have 14 speakers on the roll-bar? If not I'd pass...

Seriously, unless you actually wakeboard they are slow as hell and way too much $$ IMO

He already owns a jet, so he is used to going slow. :skull

Beautiful Noise

Reaction score
Hmmmm What do I think of :monkeypeeWakeboard Boats.......:grumble::grumble:
607Parker_Sunken_Boat_2.jpg

607Parker_Sunken_Boat_3.jpg

607Parker_Sunken_Boat_1.jpg

EarpRider

Reaction score
An adrenaline rush. :cool:

Well I guess your right, making an obstacle course out of floating boats, downed skiers, or anything moving slow in the peaceful river waters while doing 60 plus must be a adrenaline rush. Good times.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
:thumbsup

On the other hand, rumor has it a battleship x80 w/twin vdrives with 4k of ballast pulling some butterball pulling a backside rotation 1080 started this incident below....before the durf, he was constipation face while chargin the wake!:)

attachment.php

Disregard PM.. LOL :D

Jeeeeesus.... what's next, a fishing section? lol...:D

:D :D

Hmmmm What do I think of :monkeypeeWakeboard Boats.......:grumble::grumble:
607Parker_Sunken_Boat_2.jpg

607Parker_Sunken_Boat_3.jpg

607Parker_Sunken_Boat_1.jpg

I thought you said a big offshore boat did that?

RD

mbrown2

Reaction score
Enough to make me sell the Schiada to get one? ;) .

Yes....I sold a nice 22 Vdrive Schiada and kept the Malibu, in fact went through an Eliminator and a DCB and kept the Malibu all the while while I had those boats and sold them.

All boats have a purpose, some go fast, some fit a lot of people, some handle real well, some are real cheap......the wakeboard boats (nice ones) are real functional and handle very well....At 30-45 turning in close quarters, my schiada was no where near the boat handling the malibu is.....As for the DCB, it beat the Malibu from point A to B.....A being the launch ramp, B being the Channel....when I got there, it was not too functional..... The Eliminator, which TPC wants to trade his Tigger boat in to get, was a bilge full of bolts and screws at the end of a Memorial Day weekend...The only crap I have to check on in Malibu is the custom Stereo stuff that went in after the build.....the boat is rock solid....a boat hand laid up with no wood tends to be! :)

Sorry, but a Schiada is nice for nostalgic purposes..(kind of like the JMC I posted in the BMX thread, but its not the best tool in the tool box for job any longer).I will have another some day, but its definitely not as functional as what I find my Malibu to be...;)

Dave, after you add the Wakeboard boat section....

We need a Stand Jet UP Ski section so we can really turn this place on edge....bro picked up an SXR800 couple weeks back and I picked up 750SXI and did some skiing couple weeks back....can't wait to get back out this weekend...:)

After that, we need a section for the bottom feeders of the water the sit down guy PWC'r commonly referred to by their scientific name "Couchers"...:skull

World War III, lets get it started! :):skull

Last edited:

Tom Brown

Epsilon contributor
Reaction score
I'm strongly considering adding a tow boat section to this site.. I think if we get some wakeboat owners on here, and talking with some hotboat owners.. We all might learn a little something about each other, and it would go along ways towards making everyone happier on the water ways.

You know who has a wakeboard boat.... canuck1. His wife made him sell his aluminum small block river jet and get a ski boat. I'll bet he'd really enjoy a ski boat section. :thumbsup

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
River Dave = River Politician

Kissing wake makers for the love of the site. :p

Wake Board Boats
Jet Boats
Stand up Paddle boards
Row boats
Electric boats
Snail Botes

All these should fit in the pink section just fine. :D:D

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
River Dave = River Politician

Kissing wake makers for the love of the site. :p

Wake Board Boats
Jet Boats
Stand up Paddle boards
Row boats
Electric boats
Snail Botes

All these should fit in the pink section just fine. :D:D

:D :D :D

RD

TBI

Thumbless Wonder
Reaction score
Hey Dave maybe the forum could use one of those big ass wakes from a roll bar boat to jump the shark

....just sayin :D

Yellowboat

Reaction score
One thing you have to watch out for with WB boats is over loading them. while they may say you can have X amount of people on board, the weight is the critical factor, more so when the ballest tanks are full.

lets take the mastercraft x1 for example. it can hold 11 people or 1705 lbs. now it holds 33 gallons of gas @ 6 lbs a gallon and comes standard with 2x 225 lb ballest tanks
having the gas and ballest tanks full now your only talking about a useful capcity of 1057 lbs. Take off atleast another 300 lbs for ice chest, wbs, tow rope, safety gear and your basicly dealing with 700 lbs capcity thats like 3-5 people tops.

I see so many over loaded WB boats on the water its not even funny. I know they are one of the most commonly ticketed boats in this area for not enough/fit/right kind of safety gear and for being overloaded.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Hey Dave maybe the forum could use one of those big ass wakes from a roll bar boat to jump the shark

....just sayin :D

1st the shirts, now this... :D What's next?

RD

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
This is the quote I thought would get the backlash :D

:D

I would NEVER bash any Jeep owner. :D mbrown2's comment has really affected me. I have been looking at Jet Boats all morning. :boobeyes:

:):)

Reaction score
A thread about wakeboard boats has gone 8 pages. WTF.

Whats next, a thread about jet skis that turns out to be the thread of the year. Sheese.

O and OC FU.......HAHAHAHAHAHA

coz

-------------------
Reaction score
A thread about wakeboard boats has gone 8 pages. WTF.

Whats next, a thread about jet skis that turns out to be the thread of the year. Sheese.

O and OC FU.......HAHAHAHAHAHA

Hey T...seriously, I need a battery for my WB boat. What are the prices over at your place? I don't want top of the line.

Reaction score
Hey T...seriously, I need a battery for my WB boat. What are the prices over at your place? I don't want top of the line.
My standered deep cycle group size 24 battery with a 2 year ( for you) free replacement is 70 bucks and tax.

If its a group size 27 then its 80. Im here all week let me know.

SodarSki73

Reaction score
The new wakeboats ride great. I know for a fact that the new MasterCrafts will handle any water conditions Havasu or Parker can throw at them without issue, albeit a little slower than the high performance/custom boats.

I personally own one of the wakeboard/tournament ski boats that DOES beat the crap out of me. :D I enjoy skiing and I enjoy skiing the slalom course, so a direct drive boat is the only way to go for tracking, handling, etc.

As someone said earlier, all boats are purpose specific. In a perfect world, I would have my skiboat, something that goes faster than 40mph AND something that can haul people to the bars (pontoon). Unfortunately, the option of owning a fleet of boats is just not available, so you need to chose the boat that fits the agenda/use as best as possible.

Assholes come in all types of boats... I agree that the wakeboats, bring some of the younger crowd to the water, but there are good guys that use and operate these types of boats, too.

coz

-------------------
Reaction score
My standered deep cycle group size 24 battery with a 2 year ( for you) free replacement is 70 bucks and tax.

If its a group size 27 then its 80. Im here all week let me know.

I'll be in towards the end of the week, thanks :thumbsup

Assholes come in all types of boats... I agree that the wakeboats, bring some of the younger crowd to the water

Do they really bring the younger crowd or is it we're all just getting older? I had boats and jetskis when I was in my late teens early 20's as did some friends so I don't think their getting younger.....just some folk are getting old and grumpy :D

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
Do they really bring the younger crowd or is it we're all just getting older? I had boats and jetskis when I was in my late teens early 20's as did some friends so I don't think their getting younger.....just some folk are getting old and grumpy :D

The younger crowd is a bunch different with level of respect then when we were "The Younger Crowd"

They are raised with entitlement as their first word. It not everyone but a high percentage.

coz

-------------------
Reaction score
The younger crowd is a bunch different with level of respect then when we were "The Younger Crowd"

They are raised with entitlement as their first word. It not everyone but a high percentage.

This is true :thumbsup and the popularity with watersports these days has brought more to the playing field too.

krazykelegian

Reaction score
a family friend owns a newer mastercraft x star. it is fully loaded and has a bigger engine package. it will do almost 50.. not bad for a wb boat, and it rides fairly well in rough water with a good driver. but it came with a heavy price tag. every boat type has bad drivers. wb boats that cause big sinking wakes, i have seen a mom and daughter get blasted off a seadoo from a guy in a jet boat, fast boats driving too fast in crowded conditions and etc.... its all about being a responsible driver. i am not saying i am one just saying...

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
i am apart of the "younger crowd," i think most poeple my age think way different about things and the river.

Different than what? Don't you go to the river to have fun?

t sucks cruising around the river or hanging out and its like.. were are all the normal people my age?

If it sucks why are you there? Define normal people lol...

it seems that my age group has a "ya lets get fucked up at the river or hav." or "ya we are badass we are at the river man" or a too cool attitude,

You don't really think your generation is the first to want to get focked up at the river do you? lol The "too cool" attitude is normal for 20 years olds. Hell, I'm 43 and feel way too cool to hang out on Riverdaves website but here I am. :D

my first couple weekends in the keys i meet some of the kids in the community... and its just like your doing what? how old are you? i dont know .... i guess its just a strange time to be in your early 20s...?? but who is to say whats normal and not?

Here's some advise you can take to the bank. Don't worry about what others think. Run your own program! Following trends and worrying about what your peers think is a sign of major insecurity and personnal weekness. :cool:

Hernando

Blue Oval Slinger
Reaction score
I had a 98 Tige 22i that was a great boat but rode like $hit when the water got choppy. I sold it and got a Malibu 247 that eats the chop up with no problem. I wouldn't worry about the ride of a 2005 MB, that's a very well built boat that will handle most of what the river will dish out.

As far as a boat, for us it does everything we could want except haul ass. Sure you can wakeboard behind other boats, but if wake boarding is something you're gonna really get into, there is no comparison to the pull behind one. When we're done riding, as RD mentioned, it becomes a great platform to party, relax, haul a full crew and their stuff comfortably. :drnkfr

Skyskier

skiing Parker since 1960
Reaction score
:D :rolleyes:

Attachments

• implied-facepalm.jpg
    implied-facepalm.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 443

River Runner

Reaction score
The price is 25k. NADA says low side is 26k average is 30k for this boat. However the more of these boats that I have looked at there is nothing at this price. For those of you who own or enjoy these boats what do you think of the price? I initailly thought it was a better deal when I heard the price but please let me know your thoughts.

On a side note, I have no tats, no black socks, the bill of my hat is curved. So I got that going for but I am only 25 sorry for being young old guys. I bring around 10 to 12 people the majority time I go to the river so I need a boat that can handle that. Thanks again for all the responses. Let me know what you think the down side I see to this whole deal is I love to haul ass.

coz

-------------------
Reaction score
Thanks again for all the responses. Let me know what you think the down side I see to this whole deal is I love to haul ass.

Nothing says you can't haul ass in a wakeboard boat dude!

girls.jpg

AFUEL7067

Reaction score
Leavin the fueler home this weekend , headin to parker with the Master Craft and 2000lbs of ballast surfs up !!!!!!.

parker guy

Reaction score
Great Post, I'm considering the same type of Boat

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
We normally have 6-10 in our group. One weekend had 12, no problems and had a GREAT time....

Our ride Tige 21i.........:champagne:

I believe I had it clocked at 45 mph once....:D

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
We normally have 6-10 in our group. One weekend had 12, no problems and had a GREAT time....

Our ride Tige 21i.........:champagne:

I believe I had it clocked at 45 mph once....:D

I hope everyone was wearing their Lifelines. :D

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
So what are the pro's and con's between the Direct drive boats and the V-drives?