WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What does everybody do for a living??

2Driver

Reaction score
I was at the Parker 425 pre-run last weekend and the guys I was with both have a very nice high end 4 seat pre-runner cars. Were are standing there and this guy walks up and says, "that is a really nice car...what did you pay for it?" The guy that owns it Scott looked directly at me and smirked and said "enough". The guy asked again a minute later and Scott answered again "enough". .

He knows the value...so next time just say: "you can pick these up at repo bank sales for $35-$40K all day long if you know where to buy them", then politely part ways with the conversation. He will stay up for the next month thinking about that statement and where you bought it. :D:D:D

ROC

lets have a beer
Reaction score
Retired fireman of 22 years. Not my choice to retire, but, shit happens.

Since July of 2001 I've operated a great restaurant/bar, ROC;s Firehouse Grille, with a "Fire Department" theme. My wife Jayme is the brains of the place. Smart woman. I talk to customers and hang stuff up.

ROC's Firehouse Grille, Station #2, is gonna open this summer.:beer. The location couldn't be better for the LA and OC boaters, about 200 feet off the Cook Street exit on I-10. A perfect "river-bound pit stop" for lunch and a bathroom break.:beer

More to follow on that:D (HUGE Ribs & burgers & salads & sandwiches etc.....fire station style)

FYI, THIS IS NOT SPAM:D:D:D

Noisy Nova

Reaction score
Retired maintenance electrician. Now, I play with toys in the garage. (I got this long term boat project....) :D

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
I sell Harleys. 6 yrs and I get busier everyday. Hard to believe with the way everyone talks about economy. I love what I do. It is a lot of fun dealing with somthing you love.

Harleys are like gambling. People gamble when they have tons of dough and they gamble when they are depressed and broke. People will always ride.:beer

jordan23

Reaction score
I sell Call Center Software in AZ, NV, and CA:D and I own a few companies on the side:skull

riverroyal

Reaction score
just over 19 year now,oh joy.Hvac construction on anything,anywhere.Remodels and ground up.Currently building a pharm lab in La Jolla and a Mansion in Beverly hills
Mrs RR is a interior designer for a major socal homebuilder.
(heres where I pimp her)The company/builder has opened their doors to ANYONE with interior needs,carpet,granite,tile,window coverings,remodels etc.Its a 1 stop deal,with a large builder working for you,start to finish.Plus you get to work with my wife on your ideas,choices etc.
Makes my career seem kinda lame

PropCop

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Code and Property Inspector in a Gold Coast city. I think the only person that has to worry about me is H2oToie, but he is safe.
:beer:beer

scjohn

Reaction score
Sell coatings and composite fabrication materials primairly to the sporting goods industry. We actually export TO China, then our materials come back as golf shafts, hockey sticks, bats, Carbon fiber surfboards, Bicycles and other stuff.

EarpRider

Reaction score
I'm a "Bored," "Butch," "Stupid Ass CHP," that patrol Costa Mesa.

Skankersore

Man Eater
Reaction score
I need a new gig. My professional burn-out is off the charts this week.

Anyone hiring a smart-assed bitch with zero social skills, a sour disposition and an overall hatred towards the human race?

Sales perhaps?

PropCop

Thread Killer
Reaction score

Anyone hiring a smart-assed bitch with zero social skills, a sour disposition and an overall hatred towards the human race?

You just described one of the employees here to a tee. Being that you are at least 100lbs lighter, you definitely would be easier on the eyes too. :p

boatnam2

Reaction score
retired refinery worker,well im not retired but you get it...

Boatsnblondes

Banned
Reaction score
Honestly, is there ANYONE here who does not know what I do?? IF there is, raise your hand please....thank you...:cool:

RadMan

Throbbing Member
Reaction score
Today I get to stomp around on someones old graphite mine to figure out how we can gain access to drill it. Apparently graphite prices are on the rise. I'm a Geologist and I manage a drilling company (not oil related).

Bri'sV210

Reaction score
I work for a bank as a credit relationship manager....specializing in Agri. finance.

Skyskier

skiing Parker since 1960
Reaction score
Honestly, is there ANYONE here who does not know what I do?? IF there is, raise your hand please....thank you...:cool:
What RR do you work for? I worked for UP out of LA back in the 60's till I was drafted. I worked for Johnny Unitas's dad. I was a machinist helper (wash rack rat )

JAY4SPEED

Resident Coonass
Reaction score
I work at a Chevrolet dealership where I am a certified GM World Class, and ASE Master auto technician specializing in electrical / electronic systems, and do everything else bumper to bumper. I also do performance EFI tuning and performance transmissions on the side.

Jay

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I work at a Chevrolet dealership where I am a certified GM World Class, and ASE Master auto technician specializing in electrical / electronic systems, and do everything else bumper to bumper. I also do performance EFI tuning and performance transmissions on the side.

Jay

Banner Chevrolet?
Stopped off for an oil change there in July.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score

Sales perhaps?

Ziggy sold his biz, but he mighta taken a shot at letting you work there.

DeltaSigBoater

This is... Legendary!
Reaction score
Have a BA from San Diego State in graphic design.

Used to work for a new boat dealer...

I've been Temporarily Retired for almost a year now!

Currently awaiting to take my CA real-estate Appraiser License Test.

:D

Miss Perfect

Reaction score
I have a degree in and am a licensed radiologic technologist (xray tech). I hated that...so now I am a Human Resources Manager/Office Bitch.

HavasuHank

"B" team gardener
Reaction score
i am in the oil business. it's not too bad being on shift. i get every other weekend off and shift between days and nights, so it works out that i work half the year.:D

BarryMac

An Adelanto 9...
Reaction score
Retired fireman of 22 years. Not my choice to retire, but, shit happens.

Since July of 2001 I've operated a great restaurant/bar, ROC;s Firehouse Grille, with a "Fire Department" theme. My wife Jayme is the brains of the place. Smart woman. I talk to customers and hang stuff up.

ROC's Firehouse Grille, Station #2, is gonna open this summer.:beer. The location couldn't be better for the LA and OC boaters, about 200 feet off the Cook Street exit on I-10. A perfect "river-bound pit stop" for lunch and a bathroom break.:beer

More to follow on that:D (HUGE Ribs & burgers & salads & sandwiches etc.....fire station style)

FYI, THIS IS NOT SPAM:D:D:D

And a damn fine Burger it is. :) I think I'm gonna spend some extra time in PD this summer, just so I can use your toilet... :D :D

ATL

Reaction score
I work for one of the big 3 national broadcast TV networks, selling airtime for one of the major LA broadcast networks. Also, have RE license. Yep, I can sell you a house while I interrupt your favorite TV show/game. Believe it or not, I do have friends....:fsakes:eek:

42johnny

Reaction score
Estimator/Project Manager for a very large construction company. Underground utilities, site work. Private and public.:beer

Johnny

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Operator on a Cat 268B skid steer, cold planing, concrete breaking, sweeping. Ground man on a Wirtgen 2100 Cold Planer.

Oh, and another profession I never talk about..........:swear:D

mrs flyin vee

not a bitch. THE BITCH
Reaction score
plumber's

we do everything from garbage disposals to lining sewers. :D

Director...
Reaction score
Barkin for the Yak Woman....:thumbsup

GRADS2009

Banned
Reaction score
I've got a very high level job with a prestigious company in a major city:rolleyes:.....what's with all the vague answers in this thread? I want to hear some people drop some names of who they work for.