WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Well this sucks

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
I paid off 100% of my debt a couple months ago and my credit score dropped 45 points.:mad: I was at 805 just a few months ago, now 760. Doesn't really seem fair.

Last edited:

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
I thought they bumped the minimum up to 900?
Stay on it. I focked up and am clawing my way back up from an 826.

JFMFG

Reaction score
Did you close an account?

Flatsix66

Reaction score
Congrats on paying off everything and your house. Better than taking a cash out refi and buying something dumb like a boat. Save Ramsey would be proud!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I just checked mine and it did the same damn thing.. wtf?

dropped exactly 45points?

beertruck

Reaction score
need to keep some balance, charge some, then pay it down. They get nervous when you pay things off, as they think you might now max out your credit lines now.

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
Do they drop it if a company closes it for non use? Recently had Sears and Khols close mine because I haven’t used them in years. Credit cards I mean.

GRADS

Reaction score
I just checked mine and it did the same damn thing.. wtf?

dropped exactly 45points?
I thought it was because I paid everything off but maybe they are dropping everyone's? My wife's also dropped.

GRADS

Reaction score
Do they drop it if a company closes it for non use? Recently had Sears and Khols close mine because I haven’t used them in years. Credit cards I mean.
I'm using a credit card(s) and have been. Charging probably $3K a month but pay it off every 2 weeks.

monkeyswrench

To The Rescue!
Reaction score
I have no clue what my credit score is. I know I done F'kd it up about 10 years ago. Since then, cash and carry. I would think it's pretty horrid, so happy I'm not trying to buy a home.

Flatsix66

Reaction score
These days if you have 100% payment history, under 5% card utilization and no derogatory remarks with at least an 8 year history your score will be 800-825.

GRADS

Reaction score
These days if you have 100% payment history, under 5% card utilization and no derogatory remarks with at least an 8 year history your score will be 800-825.
Um, that's not true. Did you see the pic I posted.

Turnup

Reaction score
Its a score based on the performance of your ongoing debt and past obligations, now you have none. Anyone in your position should keep open revolving debts to keep the score clock counting upward.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Um, that's not true. Did you see the pic I posted.

The problem might be related to how many open lines of credit/accounts you have now. You can’t have too few or two many. How many open credit accounts/loans do you have now?

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Its a score based on the performance of your ongoing debt and past obligations, now you have none. Anyone in your position should keep open revolving debts to keep the score clock counting upward.

This. You want multiple lines of credit you have a history of using very little of, and pay off on time.

GRADS

Reaction score
The problem might be related to how many open lines of credit/accounts you have now. You can’t have too few or two many. How many open credit accounts/loans do you have now?
I haven't closed or opened any in at least 3 years?

EDIT: Not true, I got my AppleCard a year and a half ago, but still?

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Lol
Fag.
I bought a corvette on credit and have no job and no income and mines higher than yours!
Lol

the difference is I could give a shit.
wanna buy a gun with ammo??

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

Yes they will. It could affect your score because of length of account history, if they are your older/oldest accounts that close.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I haven't closed or opened any in at least 3 years?

EDIT: Not true, I got my AppleCard a year and a half ago, but still?
How many accounts total though, that are open in good standing? Not just cards, but mortgage, etc.

GRADS

Reaction score
I think that is the reason the score dropped because of the closed accounts. The sweet spot for your situation is probably between 8-10.
I'm not sure any accounts closed. The car loans were through our credit union and the main account is still open.

USMC2010

Reaction score
Mine just went up a bunch. Credit scores are wacky. I have a friend that contracted in the middle east for almost 15 years straight. Retired mid 30's with a butt ton of money saved up and invested. He could not even buy a pickup without a cosigner because he wasn't using a credit card to build up any kind of history. He had to get through that before he could buy his house.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I'm not sure any accounts closed. The car loans were through our credit union and the main account is still open.

The credit associated with the auto loans is closed if you pay them off. That would drop your number of open credit accounts.

The account at the credit union has nothing to do with your credit score.

RCDave

Reaction score
Credit scores are overrated. If you don't need to borrow, a credit score is meaningless.

GRADS

Reaction score
Credit scores are overrated. If you don't need to borrow, a credit score is meaningless.
Well I need to borrow, lol. We just put our name on a list for this lot today...

IMG_4667.jpg

2droppedchevs

Reaction score
Debt to high credit changed. When you first make a large purchase your debt to high limit is high(100%), as you pay it down it looks awsome because your only using $5k with an original loan of $40k (12.5%). When you pay it off you are essentially erasing the $40k of available credit but still have the payment history.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I wouldn’t stress unless you just like telling people your score is over 800. You will get the same financing and terms at 760 as you would at 805.

Exactly.

I love it when they say “oohh you cant float that much” and I say OK, here’s half down cash.

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
I had about 4 credit cards closed on me recently because I wasn’t using them.

yz450mm

Reaction score
When you paid off the auto loans, it closed the accounts. That would affect your average credit account age, which could drop your score.

GRADS

Reaction score
When you paid off the auto loans, it closed the accounts. That would affect your average credit account age, which could drop your score.
That sucks but I guess it's better than a payment...until I need to borrow again. What a vicious circle. 😩

yz450mm

Reaction score
That sucks but I guess it's better than a payment...until I need to borrow again. What a vicious circle. 😩
Do a little research and open a new credit card account that you could use to get rewards or cash back every month, the credit line increase would positively affect your score after 30 days.

GRADS

Reaction score
Do a little research and open a new credit card account that you could use to get rewards or cash back every month, the credit line increase would positively affect your score after 30 days.
I have some of those...I don't need another card.

yz450mm

Reaction score
I have some of those...I don't need another card.
35% of your credit score comes from the percentage of credit used. The more available credit you have, the lower your percentage used is, and the better your credit score.

But if you're in the 760s, you're not gonna gain anything by going to 800.