WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Tow rig Tuesday! Boat content for a boating page.

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
The F29 currently yours? View attachment 1305595

No the DW32 is mine. I like taking pictures of boats I have owned next to my current boat. Here is another one of Point to Point and Classified.

IMG_0236.jpeg

ChrisV

Reaction score
This was my first trip to the Delta. Met amazing people, ran Hookey Day, ran the Delta, ran under the Golden Gate, etc. Really opened my eyes that there are places outside Havasu that has cool shit. Opened my mind to running more miles. And most importantly that one trip created some lifelong friendships that are irreplaceable!
Oh man. Delta is definitely one of my goals.

Justsomeguy

Reaction score
Screenshot_20231122_083706_Photos.jpg
20231119_122433.jpg

That truck was purchased brand new april 19, 2012. At the time my parents and sisters couldn't fathom why I wanted something so large and ridiculous. I had a vision, dream, whatever you want to call it. I was finishing college and I was getting ready to get my doctorate. So no toys at that time, well I had a dirt bike. But I would sell that once I left for school.

In those early years, it was my ticket to the river and Glamis. Use my truck to go and tow, in exchange I got to go. It worked well for years. But, as I got married and had kids, that didn't work so well anymore. Here we are 11 years later. The dream is almost complete. One more toy to go. Just need something to put in the toy hauler.

So far, kids love the life. That was always the point of the dream.

Tank

Reaction score
First boat and slammed crew dually in 97. Sold dually and built lifted 99 sub. Sold boat and bought 38 top gun so bought a 3500 GMC on 19.5’s. Sold boat eventually so sold truck for a few years then boat 35 cigarette and needed something to tow it with so bought a super clean 05 dirtymax from Andy. Hit the reboot button again. Sold the 35 cig and searching for its replacement and will probably get another hauler after picking up boat. I get more compliments on the red truck though. It’s crazy! And wife loves the red truck so much she said she’d rather drive it than a new Escalade. I told her yesterday cool, then I’m buying a Porsche or Aston Martin or something fun. 😂😂
IMG_0740.jpeg
IMG_0744.jpeg
IMG_0745.jpeg
IMG_0812.jpeg
IMG_8811.jpeg
IMG_7489.jpeg
IMG_0880.jpeg
IMG_4849.jpeg
IMG_4848.jpeg
IMG_4847.jpeg
IMG_4191.jpeg
IMG_4187.jpeg
IMG_0753.jpeg

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
The first tow beast.

My 97.
I spent a butt load of $ on this, but it went to a good home when it was time to go. Waterjunky bought it. I think he has since sold it.
I think it is the best looking truck Ford built in the modern era, I did the dually conversion. Was no such animal in 1997.
Ford 1.jpg

Towing the first 5er.
In Nevada...first pull with new trailer.jpg

The "new" tow pig.

Hooked to the new 5er. Just bought it.

loaded for home.jpg

Last time we towed the Sanger, it was picked up by new owner here. I miss it but it was time. The only boat we have now is our little 14 ft fishing boat.

20200807_132333.jpg

Don't plan on any more RVs or trucks. The Dodge got some love in the form of some Banks upgrades recently. Quite happy with it's performance pulling the Genesis. It is a 2007 3500 4x4, 5.9 w/six speed, manual transfer case, Yukon Gear Free spin kit, Banks IC, Bank Ram air, Banks "Monster Ram} intake. Have a Economind Module to go on it. The truck just turned 57k on the clock.

The new FBT vessel..

00w0w_6w1ewL57bh7_0CI0lj_1200x900.jpg

This little beast is was purchased to...you guessed it go fishing. 15 HP Honda, going to add a fish finder and a trolling motor to it this winter and I am going move the jack wkeel deal behind the front hook, then put a swing hinge on the tongue..I will set up a little deal with a trailer style winch on a deal I have dreamed up to pull it right up into the toy hauler. With the tongue in swing position it will have plenty of room in the trailer. It dawned on me when driving back from June Lake last summer there was no reason we couldn't do this...get to campground, drop RV off the truck, roll the boat down the ramp, level the RV then hook the little boat to the truck and shazam..set to go launch. Just because I haven't seen anyone doing this doesn't mean it can't be done, right?

Last edited:

cyclone

My name is Mike and I have a boating problem.
Reaction score
I never saw it run from a dig really hard. Does it leave well? It's a really cool boat. If I was going to build another jet it would be a Placecraft. You going to keep the new bullet running twins?
skip to the 16 minute mark of this video if you want to see it run from a dig. it leaves great!

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Would have thought SUVs would have been more common. Our first was a jacked up 85 Suburban, 4wd with huge tires and some stupid big after market engine. Got about 4 mpg when towing. Used to shut down the AC and roll down the windows, when towing across the desert in the summertime. Wife and kids were never impressed with that.

Our later model Subs, 5 of them, have towed well and got decent mileage.

Last edited:

SixD9R

Reaction score
Details on the 69/70 in the background?? the background always has the money shots!
Haha if you didn’t see the thread about peeps screen names it’s the inspiration for mine.
I bought it over 40 years ago literally found on road dead. I paid next to nothing for it and that was too much.
I got it running and drove it around in high school and for a few years more. It actually ran pretty well. It was originally a 302 car but someone slapped a 390 in it. I was planning a major restoration project and executed on my plan. Once it was finished, I again drove it for several years very lightly then. But, I was never happy with the motor. It had a mild cam but with 3.70 gears and a top loader it was running a higher RPM on the highway than the motor really wanted to. So fast forward I was planning an upgrade to the motor with a much bigger cam, intake and some other goodies but unfortunately it’s been sitting in a state of partial disassembly for several years now. I keep telling myself I need to get it going but can’t seem to find the time. I have most of the parts I need but not all.