WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Today the world lost a good man

jadenchick

Reaction score
I'm really, really, really sorry. Hugs and prayers to you and the family.

2Driver

Reaction score
I'm truly sorry Dave. Family and friends are never so important as in times like these.

Joe mama

Reaction score
Sorry for your loss Dave. We all meet in a different place and i'm sure he's watching over your entire family. RIP POPS

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
One year and few days on my dad (1-1-11). Tough stuff.

Wavemaker

Reaction score
The years just fly on by however, both my wife and I mark the days each of our respective parents passed away, with a little custom we do before dinner on each of the anniversary dates. We pour a shot for each each of us, one for the decessed down it and we tell each other of a memory we recall from some fun time that was shared together as a group or shared individually with the decessed. We have shared shots over the years we've been together, and we have laughed and laughed until we have cried together over sharing the rememberance of times, events and occurances that took place with our parents and loved ones. The best rememberance drinks the shot poured for the decessed. The shots help to lossen you up, and the tales shared can be very funny which will help cheer you up. Many good times were shared boating, fishing, camping, dune-buggying at Pismo, and partying together.

Find a simple way to share the good times you have had with your Dad with those you love, and have a drink together while telling the tales of your memories of the good times you shared. You'll feel a little better.

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
The years just fly on by however, both my wife and I make the days each of our respective parents passed away, and we have a little custom we do before dinner on each of the anniversary dates. We pour a shot for each each of us, the decessed, and my wife and I. We tell each other of a memory we can recall for some fun time that was shared together as a group or shared individually with the decessed. We have shared shots over the years we've been together, and we have laughed and laughed until we have cried together over sharing the rememberance of times, events and occurances that took place with our parents and loved ones. The shots help to lossen you up, and the tales shared can be very funny, and will cheer you up. Many good times were shared boating, camping, dune-buggying at Pismo and partying together.

Fine a simple way to share the good times you have had with your Dad with those you love, and have a drink together while telling the tales of your memories of the good times.

I have a simple way tonight.. I'm going to dinner with One a Day.. I'm going to get fuckin Blato'd drunk, and hand him the bill. :D

Some people deflect with humor.. I'm one of them. I'm always 2 seconds away from losing it a couple of days leading up to it and on this day every year.

Example of humor # 2.

Stacy was trying to get me to go for some long walk with her and the baby the other day and I really didn't want to go.

She finally says "Ya know Dave a little walking won't kill you." without skipping a beat I say "Tell that to my dad."

The blank stare and the not knowing what to say next was priceless.. :D

RD

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that Dave. Never easy losing family like that.

2Driver

Reaction score
You guys know this happened 3 years ago right? Just happened on this day.

RD

Obviously not.

I dont usally chime in on people personal issues when I havent met them but this struck a cord as I got the same call not long ago. Supposed I should read the 1st post closer.

Either way, thoughts extened I guess.

River Dirt 2

Brummett 21
Reaction score
Sorry for your loss Dave, our condolences to you and your family.

Patyacht

Reaction score
Been out all day and upon returning home was hit with this so sad news. Dave, Bobbe's and my thoughts are with you and your family. We did not know your dad but from reading these 37 pages, I'm sure he was the greatest. As so many have previously said, we are here to help with anything you or your family needs. Again, our prayers are with you and your family.

Tom Slick

Reaction score
Damn Dave, I just saw this thread. I so terribly sorry for your loss man.

kgt

Reaction score
3 years already…wow time flies way to fast.
Your dad is with you every day and you know it, I bet you will also see your dad when your look into that beautiful little girls of yours eyes.
Happy thoughts Dave.

Kelly

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
Three years RD?
Wow.
Time keeps moving on, doesn't it.
You are doing fine, my friend. Your Pop would want you to move on and keep him in your heart, and you are doing so. Heck, 27 years later I still look back and wonder what he would do, how he would solve a problem, stuff like that.
Sometimes, I can still hear his laugh.
The pain of the memories gradually deadens. It never goes away, just deadens. The value of the memories increases exponentially. This is the good part.
I struggle sometimes because Chris, my eldest, looks soo much like him.
It can be spooky.
Enjoy your evening, and try to go to sleep with a smile on your face in honor of his memory.
You know he would want that.

plaster dave

Face down A$$ up
Reaction score
I can only imagine how you feel. It's been almost 4 months for me and certain songs really get to me still. I wish my dad would have been able to see my little girl born but it wasn't in the cards.

Duffster

Reaction score
Hang in there Dave you told about you dad and he sounded like a very cool dude.

April is the fucked up month for me. When I lost my brother and two of my best friends with in two years all in the same month.

Rising Sun

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your dad. I am going to be in Havasu next weekend. Let me know if you need anything.

duck660

Reaction score
RD and family... God Bless and Godspeed. Thoughts and prayers to all of you.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I have a simple way tonight.. I'm going to dinner with One a Day.. I'm going to get fuckin Blato'd drunk, and hand him the bill. :D

Some people deflect with humor.. I'm one of them. I'm always 2 seconds away from losing it a couple of days leading up to it and on this day every year.

Example of humor # 2.

Stacy was trying to get me to go for some long walk with her and the baby the other day and I really didn't want to go.

She finally says "Ya know Dave a little walking won't kill you." without skipping a beat I say "Tell that to my dad."

RD

What a dick! :p

Cheers Dave. :drnkfr

Reaction score
Cheers Dave. 🍺🍺🍻

Sent from my iPhone that was bought with money president Obama gave me.

POWERCATDON

SAN DIEGO COUNTY
Reaction score
So Sorry, for your loss.Lost my Mother in 02 it will be ten years in four day's still difficult. I'm at a loss for words and only pray for you father and your family

Donnie

GregG

Reaction score
I'm sorry for your loss Dave. Godspeed to your Dad. Wow.

parker guy

Reaction score
Your Dad would be proud of you, your a father and you have lots going for you. Keep your head up High:champagne:

dougiebear111

Reaction score
So sorry for your loss. If you need anything and I am able were to help, please do not hesitate to call.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Well went to dinner with wtmfa and one a day plus wives.. Then went to one a days house and got blato'd.. Tried to drink every beer he had, but he has these little mini fridges everywhere and they all have beer in them. Lol. Came home hung out in the garage for an hour and passed out.

RD

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Again to those that are skimming the thread, my dad died three years ago. I appreciate some of the posts and pm's, but I don't need anything and I am doing ok. I just bump the thread every year on the day and read the whole thing again, then go out with some friends and have a beer or four hundred.

RD

WTMFA

Kill Em All
Reaction score
Well went to dinner with wtmfa and one a day plus wives.. Then went to one a days house and got blato'd.. Tried to drink every beer he had, but he has these little mini fridges everywhere and they all have beer in them. Lol. Came home hung out in the garage for an hour and passed out.

RD

An invite to your garage would have been nice :rolleyes:
I'll bet you a hundy I can knock your balls out of your wife's purse into the side pocket ;):D

Wavemaker

Reaction score

Example of humor # 2.

RD

Good that you found a way to have some fun and good times, with friends to get you over the funk. I know what you mean regarding that quick come-back and the resulting blank stare.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dave,

This is the 5 year aniv. for losing both my Mom and Dad, and all I can say is that it does get a little easier. The fact that the apple didn't fall far from the tree is respectful and makes it tough for you. You're Pop sounds like a great guy.
Happy New Year!!! Keep boating!

--Rob