WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Titanic Tour Submarine Missing.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
A "Mini-Sub" with 5 people on board, intended to tour the "Titanic Wreckage" is missing without communication for several hours. The Coast Guard has begun a search and rescue plan. The spokesman for the Tour Company says there is approx. 70 hours of Oxygen remaining. The fear s that the "SUB" is Caught on a Fishing Net, or some of the jagged Titanic surfaces and can not break free.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
FOX, has been covering the story, and reports, now communication was lost approx, 1 Hour after it launched. The Sub is designed so that in an Emergency it can surface without power, and the reason for being caught is the feeling. The Coast Guard is gathering equipment and personnel to begin the actual on-site Rescue Operation.

RadMan

Throbbing Member
Reaction score
The Titanic only sits in 12,500 feet of water.
Screw that, the passengers were crazy to trust it and the company that thinks it’s a good idea to take passengers to that depth, crazy too.

Me thinks Davy Jones’ Locker has added 5 more.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
They have 96 hours of air, hope it is enough.

mbrown2

Reaction score
Wonder how many hours this sub has operated at that depth...

beerrun

Reaction score
Even if they find it how do they get it up or them out in time? And if it just free fell to the bottom wouldn't it have been crushed on the way down?

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
Titanic door Jack question finally put to Leonardo DiCaprio

Tooms22

On Vacation
Reaction score
Looks like something that I would never try under any circumstances.

A documentary with a moderately similar story is Last Breath.

Crazyhippy

Haters gonna Hate
Reaction score
Even if they find it how do they get it up or them out in time? And if it just free fell to the bottom wouldn't it have been crushed on the way down?

It's designed to operate at the depth of the bottom... Shouldn't be crushed.

That said, one tiny little imperfection in a piece of glass, and the pressure would be an instant death.

beerrun

Reaction score
It's designed to operate at the depth of the bottom... Shouldn't be crushed.

That said, one tiny little imperfection in a piece of glass, and the pressure would be an instant death.
But wouldn't it need to pressurize its self on the way down? And if it failed and went down like a rock wouldn't that crush it on the way down

monkeyswrench

To The Rescue!
Reaction score
“Promise me you'll survive. That you won't give up, no matter what happens. No matter how hopeless.” — Jack.

Hopefully they can be rescued!
As horrible as the concept is...this made me laugh. Then I thought to myself, "Damn, how gay am I for knowing what he's talking about?"

Wanna go out for Bud Lights later?🤣

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
Other than having two days to think about it, dieing of hypoxia is a pretty comfortable way to slip this mortal coil... or so I've been told. Everything is fine and then You just go night night.
Tony Stark almost dies this way at the beginning of End Game. They made it look peaceful.

Last edited:

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
The Titanic was closed for good and no more further dives allowed a few short year's ago to let the dead rest in peace. I see that's changed

whiteworks

Custom Shutters by WhiteWorks
Reaction score
Leaving the earths surface in either direction is not a natural place for the humans to be. Best of luck sea dwellers.

Brokeboatin221

Reaction score
That’s my guess is that it imploded and what a shitty way to go. Hope they find them safe and I’m wrong….

arch stanton

Reaction score
i think that you could die of hypothermia before run run out of air i think at that depth it’s about 24 degrees