WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

THREE BOAT THEFT-GT MARINE UPLAND-Fountains, Hallet

nowski

Reaction score
Until someguys rolled in with trucks and hitches..... :skull:skull:skull:skull:skull sorry, couldn't resist:D
Maybe they were taken by Aliens...

Reactions: t&y

blefever

Reaction score
I don't think any of them would fit in said shopping cart, but considering all the theft that occurs in and around GT and my shop due to the homeless population security cameras are a must. GT is also a storage lot with a pass code entry from what I understand so again IMO cameras should be a must.

So take another crack with the lame joke.

Calling Gary and GT Marine "just plain stupid" is a little harsh. The guys who did this are smarter then the cameras.

Andy01

Reaction score
Calling Gary and GT Marine "just plain stupid" is a little harsh. The guys who did this are smarter then the cameras.

X2

I've known Gary for years, had a couple of boats rigged by him. Left my boats outside there, as well as friends boats. I still talk to Gary from time to time now. I can assure you he is not a jackass, nor stupid. It is amazing how disrespectful people are in a thread where so much was lost. Here's a thought if you want to offer up advise, since you work in and specialize in the security of business's with secured gates, but open parking lots you can send him a e mail or stop in. Maybe you can let him know how you would have prevented this from happing after no losses for soooooo many years.

With the size of the lot I think cameras would be challenging. Unless you were going to put a bunch of parking lot lights up and advertise what is sitting there at night, and if you had cameras on the gate there are ways for one person to get around that.

With all of my Florida risk that I wright on center consoles the insurance carriers require gps monitoring and tracking for theft coverage. No gps tracking/monitoring, no theft coverage, no questions asked. There are companies out there that do the install and monitoring. I also understand that some of the Mercury stuff has built in GPS tracking that can be monitored by a outside company. If someone wants to track their boat it is pretty common in Florida.

I am sure Gary is not sleeping at night over this, he takes the boats and clients he deals with seriously, as does the entire team at GT. I think if a small business owner has a lose it isn't up to the forum members to come bashing the guy.

Fun Times

Moderated
Reaction score
Until someguys rolled in with trucks and hitches..... :skull:skull:skull:skull:skull sorry, couldn't resist:D
Hey you, don't you have a job to do here???:D You know like find some missing boats!:p Where were you when we needed you.....:skull:skull:skull sorry, couldn't resist.:D

Reaction score
Instead of bashing one of the best engine builders in the country for stupid cameras, maybe you all should be bashing the idiots with high dollar big engine, too fast boats that don't have the common sense of putting insurance on their play toys. Personally it pisses me off they don't have insurance at all. With all the bashing on the drunk dude in the channel that hit another boater. All the more reason to come down on a potential drunk idiot that could hit somebody and has no insurance to boot. Insurance is an evil necessity but I hope that EVERYONE has some. The boats can be replaced but quality builders are rare. Leave Gary alone. Rant over

PVHCA

Reaction score

X2

I've known Gary for years, had a couple of boats rigged by him. Left my boats outside there, as well as friends boats. I still talk to Gary from time to time now. I can assure you he is not a jackass, nor stupid. It is amazing how disrespectful people are in a thread where so much was lost. Here's a thought if you want to offer up advise, since you work in and specialize in the security of business's with secured gates, but open parking lots you can send him a e mail or stop in. Maybe you can let him know how you would have prevented this from happing after no losses for soooooo many years.

With the size of the lot I think cameras would be challenging. Unless you were going to put a bunch of parking lot lights up and advertise what is sitting there at night, and if you had cameras on the gate there are ways for one person to get around that.

With all of my Florida risk that I wright on center consoles the insurance carriers require gps monitoring and tracking for theft coverage. No gps tracking/monitoring, no theft coverage, no questions asked. There are companies out there that do the install and monitoring. I also understand that some of the Mercury stuff has built in GPS tracking that can be monitored by a outside company. If someone wants to track their boat it is pretty common in Florida.

I am sure Gary is not sleeping at night over this, he takes the boats and clients he deals with seriously, as does the entire team at GT. I think if a small business owner has a lose it isn't up to the forum members to come bashing the guy.

Instead of bashing one of the best engine builders in the country for stupid cameras, maybe you all should be bashing the idiots with high dollar big engine, too fast boats that don't have the common sense of putting insurance on their play toys. Personally it pisses me off they don't have insurance at all. With all the bashing on the drunk dude in the channel that hit another boater. All the more reason to come down on a potential drunk idiot that could hit somebody and has no insurance to boot. Insurance is an evil necessity but I hope that EVERYONE has some. The boats can be replaced but quality builders are rare. Leave Gary alone. Rant over

I never stated Gary was stupid, don't know the guy, I said the idea of not having proper security equipment is plain stupid. Never referred to him as a jackass either.

Let me assure you that I know more of what goes on in Upland than most, When the homeless encampment was across the street from GT I was surprised GT didn't have many issues, I also assume Gary isn't real happy with what occurred and he was smart enough to stay away from this thread. No one was bashing them in anyway, it was an unfortunate deal for all involved.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
X2

I saw Gary over the weekend. He does not look like he is losing any sleep hahahaha. Inside job. Guaranteed.

thetub

Reaction score
the saying "still waters run deep" comes to mind about Gary....

River Runnin

Captain Of Havasu’s Coolest Boat
Reaction score

One of them high dollar shops that has no security or cameras Huh? I bet there's a BIG sign say'n they're not responsible for lost or stolen items though?? :yikes

Yellowboat

Reaction score
with another shop hit the same way on the same night, I doubt its inside, vendor of some kind maybe.

I still think its for drug boats, rather its the whole boat or just the motors AND DRIVES

Backlash

Reaction score
Each of us have our own opinions about what may or may not have happened. But saying this is an inside job IS a pretty bold statement. IF it was (And I personally don't think it was), I would think it is safe to say GT wasn't aware of any shenanigans. Do you think he would risk tarnishing his business and all that goes along with it?? I seriously doubt it.

Hindsight is always 20/20 and I'm sure GT has kicked himself several times for what has happened. I'm sure moving forward security will be addressed and things may change for the better.

Andy01

Reaction score
I saw Gary over the weekend. He does not look like he is losing any sleep hahahaha. Inside job. Guaranteed.

You guarantee it? That's a pretty bold statement. What prof do you offer to guarantee it? How do you guarantee it? Do you work or law enforcement agency and know something that hasn't been posted? Do share with all of us.

LOL love post likes yours! Often times when you have nothing going on in life you turn to the forums in hopes that someone will believe your bullshit, yet I GAURANTEE you no one is believing your bullshit post.

PVHCA

Reaction score
Like I said, smart of Gary and crew to stay away from this thread, they owe ZERO explanation to anyone except the police, insurance companies and customers that had their boats stolen.

thetub

Reaction score

he is a man of few words but has plenty going on in his head. The dealings i had with him were straight and arrow. I dont think you get a more honest person than Gary.

Reaction score
Ya, know not to kick a place while its down. But a few years ago I took my little jet boat there for some very minor work. After I was told it would be 3 or 4 days until they could even look at it, ( I was worked during the week, so it would have to be left there) I kindly asked if it could be left inside at night. Its an 18ft, open engine compartment with a blower,super chiller and all the stuff that goes with it. Its not a shitty boat!

I was rudely told to (this is a direct quote) "look around, there are a lot bigger and more expensive boats here and they are left outside all the time, don't worry about it "
After I looked at that stupid jack-ass like he had two muther f'n heads. I picked up my toys and went to another sand box, never to return.

So ya I, think I made the right move. And I have no pitty for that joint. Only the victims.

Just curious after you left the sand box with no cameras and guards and went somewhere else-- where did you find a better place that had cameras, security guards, and said that any losses will be covered by them in the case that something did happen to your blown, chilled and all the other stuff and then moved all their $200,000+ boats outside so that yours could sit inside while they waited to work on yours??????? I'd love to start going there myself!

Reaction score
Just kidding, I will never stop going to Gary's place. I've never found a more stand up honest guy ever! 12 year customer here and working on hopefully lifetime if I last that long

floatn turd

Reaction score
Just curious after you left the sand box with no cameras and guards and went somewhere else-- where did you find a better place that had cameras, security guards, and said that any losses will be covered by them in the case that something did happen to your blown, chilled and all the other stuff and then moved all their $200,000+ boats outside so that yours could sit inside while they waited to work on yours??????? I'd love to start going there myself!

Well that's and easy answer slick!

I went to GS Marine. With my "blown, chilled and other stuff" boat. He got me in that day and kept my boat inside the shop over night. None of his workers gave me some ridiculous bullshit statement like: If the big boats are "ok" outside why in the world would anyone want a little 18 POS boat like yours.

Little side questions: Just for you Mr Dixie

A) How many nuts/studs hold down the entire upper portion of a motor? (From the intake on up. Ya know, the aforementioned blower-chiller-carbs and scoop)
B) How much time would it take to remove said portion of the motor?
C) What would you be "out" if all that was stolen by two turds with a socket driver and some gardening sheers for the hose?

Here's the answers for you: (in case you have no clue about blown motors and float around in a sweet Bayliner Capri)

A) 8
B) Two assholes could cart it all off on foot in under 5 minutes easy.
C) Google it! and look up the prices of all that shit yourself. (Psssssst, it took me more than 5 minutes at my job to afford it!)

So "Wrecked", now that you are a wee bit better informed. Let me now ask you:
Would YOU leave your boat out in a crappy part of town for a few days in an unattended lot, when some fool makes a crack about its "attractiveness" the thieves vs the big boats and can't possibly make room for an open engine compartment 18ft jet boat at night??????? <-----( BTW did i use the same # of question marks as your post?):finger

O-and here is a Link: So you can "start going there yourself"

ya know,to the the magic shop that granted my absurd customer requests.

http://www.gsmarine.us/

And a map,I wouldn't want you to get lost.
NorcoMap-2.JPG

In conclusion: I hope my reply was dripping with the same amount of stupid sarcasm as your comments.
And I hope I didn't slam the door on your nuts too hard.
Actually I do. Your kinda a dick!

Take care now brother:champagne:

Reaction score
I knew the answer but you didn't let me answer. And yes I would leave my $200,000 Eliminator, blown,chilled,and all the polished stuff that goes with it. And as far as the guy down the street with no work, you never answered the question if he also has cameras, guards, and will take responsibility for your boat if anything was stolen??. float on floatn turd life's short lighten up! God bless

Runs2rch

Reaction score
with another shop hit the same way on the same night, I doubt its inside, vendor of some kind maybe.

I still think its for drug boats, rather its the whole boat or just the motors AND DRIVES

To clarify that is what I meant. Inside as in an employee, vendor, etc. Someone that would know the facility and how it works. Easy guys. It is just the internet. I'm not saying Gary was involved. I was saying he looked relaxed at the lake. That is a good thing. No reason to be stressed/worried about a situation that you cannot do anything about.

Reaction score
BTW. What's wrong with people who own bay liners? Their out to have fun just like everyone else. You act as f your squirter is the cats ass. No wonder you were butt hurt when gt told you to park outside with the other low lenders. Get over it some bay liners actually cost more than your bad ass jet. Who cares don't belittle a boater by what they have. Bay liner capris rock!

River Runnin

Captain Of Havasu’s Coolest Boat
Reaction score
BTW. What's wrong with people who own bay liners? Their out to have fun just like everyone else. You act as f your squirter is the cats ass. No wonder you were butt hurt when gt told you to park outside with the other low lenders. Get over it some bay liners actually cost more than your bad ass jet. Who cares don't belittle a boater by what they have. Bay liner capris rock!

With one like!:smackhead We all know my Storm if the cats ass of squirters! :rotflmao:

floatn turd

Reaction score

You missed the ENTIRE point of the my original post there pumpkin!

So let me break it down for you. Don't worry, I'll use small words.

You ready?

I never said my boat was the "cats ass" or "bad ass". Simply I would not leave my boat ("my" meaning: the boat which belongs to me) out unsecured. Due to the ease at which parts can be stolen off of and or the entire boat. Only to be stashed in a garage or the side someone's house to be stripped down. Have you ever tried to shove a 40ft Fountain in your garage? Cause it sure as shit won't fit in mine! Get my point?
So nowhere in my post did I say my little turd was more valuable or better than other peoples stuff? Just easier to steal.

A "thinking" boater would read what I wrote and understand the "jist" (oops sorry, the "meaning") of my post. About the ease of stealing vs my alleged conceitedness. And also understood MY own particular preferences when it comes to when and where I leave my own property.
Its called being smart not conceited.

So did I clear it up for you? Or do you still feel the need to be a "Champion" in the defense of the shop you love and stir shit up for anyone who may have a difference of opinion?

God bless you as well my son.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Here's the answers for you: (in case you have no clue about blown motors and float around in a sweet Bayliner Capri)

Hold the f'n phone! I love my Bayliner Capri:skull

More important question you SHOULD have asked is which scantly clad ladies would you prefer guard your boat.... at the lot with no camera's in a shity area of town.

plaster dave

Face down A$$ up
Reaction score

Do you not understand that a lot of boaters never leave their boat stored outside. I also understand that you are friends with GT Marine but do you think what they said or how they said it is good for business? You need every customer in business small & big.

I knew the answer but you didn't let me answer. And yes I would leave my $200,000 Eliminator, blown,chilled,and all the polished stuff that goes with it. And as far as the guy down the street with no work, you never answered the question if he also has cameras, guards, and will take responsibility for your boat if anything was stolen??. float on floatn turd life's short lighten up! God bless

Were any boats stolen from inside the locked shop doors? I believe that is all floating turd was getting at. He wanted his boat inside is that to much to ask?

Reaction score
I get it, your friends with turd, I'm friends with Gary, you stand behind your friends, I do and always will. I don't appreciate a two year old slam against Gary, he is by far one of he best in the country no doubt about it. I have no sympathy for someone who doesn't insure there boats. The whole theft will be sorted out by the insurance companies,cameras can be covered , guards can be shot, its not up to private businesses to insure customers belongings . If a person gets butt hurt, move on his insinuation I drive a Capri is a man trying to belittle someone else and completely uncalled for. I don't know him and he damn sure don't know me. I could give a shit what you have as long as you like it. I find it hard to read all the bullshit that the thefts got conclusions to. They got stolen, so do thousands of others no matter where you keep them. I mean no disrespect to turd but hey if your mouth cashes it, be prepared for your ass to cover it. Final rant. Insure your shit so that no one has to worry about it

plaster dave

Face down A$$ up
Reaction score
I get it, your friends with turd, I'm friends with Gary, you stand behind your friends, I do and always will. I don't appreciate a two year old slam against Gary, he is by far one of he best in the country no doubt about it. I have no sympathy for someone who doesn't insure there boats. The whole theft will be sorted out by the insurance companies,cameras can be covered , guards can be shot, its not up to private businesses to insure customers belongings . If a person gets butt hurt, move on his insinuation I drive a Capri is a man trying to belittle someone else and completely uncalled for. I don't know him and he damn sure don't know me. I could give a shit what you have as long as you like it. I find it hard to read all the bullshit that the thefts got conclusions to. They got stolen, so do thousands of others no matter where you keep them. I mean no disrespect to turd but hey if your mouth cashes it, be prepared for your ass to cover it. Final rant. Insure your shit so that no one has to worry about it

I'm not friends with him. I see him post on here like I have seen you post. I just couldn't stay quite when you were blindly taking GT's side and couldn't understand his boat is just as important to him as a high dollar boat is to its owner. If the guy wants his boat inside put it inside or he will go elsewhere.

77charger

Reaction score
I'm not friends with him. I see him post on here like I have seen you post. I just couldn't stay quite when you were blindly taking GT's side and couldn't understand his boat is just as important to him as a high dollar boat is to its owner. If the guy wants his boat inside put it inside or he will go elsewhere.

no shit if if i took my 207 elim i would expect it covered and secured too.No matter where it went if they told me otherwise i would go elsewhere.

My brother took a boat to GT years ago they never did a thing to it let it sit and kept putting him on the backburner about getting it done only lost money and not a thing done to it.went elsewhere to get it finished up.

Surprised with cameras being easily affordable there are none there you cant walk out in the street without being seen these days and with 200k boats there are none.IMO thinks scam too in someway.LIke boat pi has said a high number of claims are owner related or scandalous!!

Croz

Reaction score
This was by far one of the most interesting thread posts to me to follow, and now all I see is arguing and complaining

77charger

Reaction score
As you wish.

We can both agree that this should NOT be left outside overnight! correct?

View attachment 364504

Good!
Now we can all get along again.:thumbsup

Its Saturday night and i'm off to a bar.
And sorry for Hijacking the thread.
I got some good kate upton and J lawrence but cant legally post them

boatpi

Reaction score
HALLET was recovered late last night, stripped. Thanks to an RDP member. More to follow, no one in custody. I need to clear with PD for any details are discussed openly.

LuckyDaze

Reaction score
HALLET was recovered late last night, stripped. Thanks to an RDP member. More to follow, no one in custody. I need to clear with PD for any details are discussed openly.

WOW! Thats awesome one of the inmates were able to help. Sucks shit got stripped!