WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

sweet vector on craigslist

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
It doesn't give a price... (atleast that I saw?) Any idea what he wants for it?

RD:hmm

River Lynchmob

What can I do to u for u?
Reaction score
This boat was at the boat show 2 or 3 years ago. It was compleetly gutted and started over. It was a beater. Someone spent a lot of time and money and did a good job at the restore. That boat shouldn't be much more than 40. If it is my old mans old Vetor is for sale and absolutly blows doors on that thing. The guy want 42 for it. It is a 557 twin turbo Brummett with a 3A drive on it.

Halvecto

Reaction score
This boat was at the boat show 2 or 3 years ago. It was compleetly gutted and started over. It was a beater. Someone spent a lot of time and money and did a good job at the restore. That boat shouldn't be much more than 40. If it is my old mans old Vetor is for sale and absolutly blows doors on that thing. The guy want 42 for it. It is a 557 twin turbo Brummett with a 3A drive on it.

Is your "old man's vector" listed for sale anywhere?

River Lynchmob

Reaction score
No its not. I know the guy who bought it and he is looking to get rid of it due to lack of use.

River Lynchmob

Reaction score
v-drive or outdrive? Any pics?

I'll look to see if I have any.

It has a 3A drive on it with a removable back seat. Pretty much full interior. It is a great boat to dive and looks brand new. Brummett did all the rigging on the boat.

River Lynchmob

Reaction score
I found these.

boat engine closer straight on.jpeg

boat front seats.jpeg

boat front view closeup hull.jpeg

boat full view closer.jpeg

boat instrument panel.jpeg

boat rear view.jpeg

PICT0146.JPG

PICT0147.JPG

PICT0148.JPG

Halvecto

Reaction score
What's the story on the 3A, is it getting hard to find parts for them? Can they be upgraded if necessary?

Mondorally

Reaction score
What's the story on the 3A, is it getting hard to find parts for them? Can they be upgraded if necessary?

I have a #4 on my Schiada and have poked around the various sites regarding the early SSM drives. Parts (including complete drives) are still available but getting scarcer (is that a word?). Here is a link to parts page for the upper gear set. As you can see - some things are available new - some are not.

http://www.mercruiserparts.com/Show_Pictures3.asp?dnbr=%2013668&ivar=images/COMMON/18770.png&inbr=932&bnbr=11&bdesc=DRIVESHAFT+HOUSING+AND+GEAR+ASSEMBLY%28III+SSM%29

On a related note Konrad just came out with a bolt on replacement drive that is pretty darn cool. No idea of the cost.

http://www.konradmarine.com/SSM_1.html

Considering most of these lived behind 10,000 lb., 40' offshore resin buckets at 750-1000hp, I'm pretty sure you would be hard pressed to hurt on in a 3,000+/- lb. 21'.

-Justin

River Lynchmob

Reaction score

They are definitely getting harder to get. Some of the parts in a 3A are out of the 6 drive so some parts are still readily avaliable. I am sure you can apgrade just remember that this boat has a B & M 2 speed tranny in it and a replacement drive would have to be compatible.

River Lynchmob

Reaction score
That's a clean Vector...:thumbsup

If you ever want to buy something used buy it from my old man. He cleans and polishes them more than he drives them.

You should have seen the cleaning ritual on the 42 after a Catalina run...for a one hour run we spent about an hour on the ramp and at least another 4 at home. I always told him if we are going to spend this much time cleaning it we need to spend more time using it. It didn't work out the way I was hoping.

River Lynchmob

Reaction score
I bet it's not 70 Grand :D

I know the guy selling it...it is substantially less than 70K :thumbsup

The thing flat hauls the mail. I have had in up to 108 very easily. I'd say it would top out around 112. The outdrives are so damn efficient. I know it would pull my V drive Schiada from a stand still up to top speed and they have the same motors, about 1150 HP.

R

Retired Member

If you ever want to buy something used buy it from my old man. He cleans and polishes them more than he drives them.

You should have seen the cleaning ritual on the 42 after a Catalina run...for a one hour run we spent about an hour on the ramp and at least another 4 at home. I always told him if we are going to spend this much time cleaning it we need to spend more time using it. It didn't work out the way I was hoping.

I saw the cleaning ritual at Mead, Hahahaha! :D:D:D

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
Isn't that BnB's Vector? Ohhhhh Jordy, we need an expert opinion here. :D

River Lynchmob

Reaction score
You've got that right...I can imagine that the Boulder jail is no better than the Parker jail...glad I didnt have to find out. :thumbsup

PaPaG

Reaction score

Hey River, I saw the cleaning ritual first hand...I was going to bring the turbo by your dad's to have him supervise another cleaning but once I sat back and thought about it I said NO WAY...I don't have that much time, lol...
Hope all is well :beer

KING BEE

Reaction score
Lewis Performance is doing my motor rebuild and update turbo kit for my 21 Schiada RC. It will look similar except it will be lower profile to fit under a custom engine cover. Gentry turbo kit (newest addition). KB :D

BobbyB

Reaction score
good lookin. there's schiada rc v-drive on there too, but it's a project

Halvecto

Reaction score

HBCraig

Reaction score
Man Vectors are sweet. Great lines that can never be mistaken.

stoker22405

Reaction score
After looking at these again, I remember seeing this for sale not long ago. Wasn't this boat for sale just a few years ago on the HB site? What did it sell for then? I think it was being posted by a guy with an Armenian name in Havasu.

It was for sale on HotBoat a few years ago...PappaG on the boards here bought it...I believe it sold for high 40's or very low 50's....
Ive gone for a ride in it with PappaG and all I can say is WOW.....

River Lynchmob

Reaction score
After looking at these again, I remember seeing this for sale not long ago. Wasn't this boat for sale just a few years ago on the HB site? What did it sell for then? I think it was being posted by a guy with an Armenian name in Havasu.

Shep here on the boards was selling it for my buddy who bought it from my old man. I know what it sold for but I wont say due to the fact he is thinking of selling it again and I don't want to throw numbers out there. If he wants he can put the number out there.

River Lynchmob

Reaction score
Hey River, I saw the cleaning ritual first hand...I was going to bring the turbo by your dad's to have him supervise another cleaning but once I sat back and thought about it I said NO WAY...I don't have that much time, lol...
Hope all is well :beer

Yea you would need a full day for it...at least even if it looks perfect he would spend the better part of a day on it. All is good here :thumbsup

John McGuinness

Reaction score
It was for sale on HotBoat a few years ago...PappaG on the boards here bought it...I believe it sold for high 40's or very low 50's....
Ive gone for a ride in it with PappaG and all I can say is WOW.....

Did he drop the port side trim tab at 90 just to show you how stable a v hull is?

River Lynchmob

Reaction score
You've got it bad, RD!
:D:D

Once you're bit by the Schiada bug it is over. I didn't have a chance and I tell my dad all the time that it is his fault. He had a Schiada 21 built in '79 with a trubo motor in. That ruined me for any other boats at an early age. But I wouldn't change a thing :thumbsup

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
You've got it bad, RD!
:D:D

I just like to take a look at things, and if they fit for my program well then.. ;)

Still waiting to find out about the Schiada I'm trying to buy right now. Haven't heard anything from the seller, so I'm not sure what's up?

RD

D

Deleted Account

I just like to take a look at things, and if they fit for my program well then.. ;)

Still waiting to find out about the Schiada I'm trying to buy right now. Haven't heard anything from the seller, so I'm not sure what's up?

RD

Grasshopper...:D

D

Deleted Account

Once you're bit by the Schiada bug it is over. I didn't have a chance and I tell my dad all the time that it is his fault. He had a Schiada 21 built in '79 with a trubo motor in. That ruined me for any other boats at an early age. But I wouldn't change a thing :thumbsup

You've got that right.:thumbsup

PaPaG

Reaction score
Shep here on the boards was selling it for my buddy who bought it from my old man. I know what it sold for but I wont say due to the fact he is thinking of selling it again and I don't want to throw numbers out there. If he wants he can put the number out there.

RLM, I would honestly have to look at my cashiers check again to see exactly what I paid for just the boat. I think it cost me 47-48k for the boat, registration and insurance.

Your dad did an amazing job with the the boat that is for sure...the "one off" parts and all the detail is amazing....Not to mention the Brummett built motor...just amazing.....

I am on the fence with selling it or not. I had just given it some thought and asked JG if he would be interested or if he had someone that knew the boat really well that would be interested in it. I highly doubt it will be up for public sale, don't want any lookie loo's, tire kickers and waste of time test rides.... I might just let it sit and take it out a few times a year til it becomes an antique....

River Lynchmob

Reaction score
RLM, I would honestly have to look at my cashiers check again to see exactly what I paid for just the boat. I think it cost me 47-48k for the boat, registration and insurance.

Your dad did an amazing job with the the boat that is for sure...the "one off" parts and all the detail is amazing....Not to mention the Brummett built motor...just amazing.....

I am on the fence with selling it or not. I had just given it some thought and asked JG if he would be interested or if he had someone that knew the boat really well that would be interested in it. I highly doubt it will be up for public sale, don't want any lookie loo's, tire kickers and waste of time test rides.... I might just let it sit and take it out a few times a year til it becomes an antique....

My feelings on that are if it is paid for and it isn't causing you any undue stress by having it...keep it. You couldn't replace the motor for what you paid for it. I have been talking to Josh about it one day he says I am going to do the next you know I dont think I'll use it enough to justify it. Personally if I wiere you I would keep it I told Josh if I was him I would buy it if it was offered to me. I would buy it If I didnt have the Schiada.

I understand you not wanting looky loos. My biggest thin is i wouldn't want it going to some yahoo that doesn't appreciate it like you, Josh or I would. You would hate to see it in a year and say "what have you done to this thing" after you sell it to them in perfect condition.

Selling a boat is a tough thing to do. Like the old saying goes...the happeist day was the day I bought my boat, the second happiest day is when I sold it"

Good luck with your decision. It looks to me that Josh picked out a good guy to sell it to.

stoker22405

Reaction score
Did he drop the port side trim tab at 90 just to show you how stable a v hull is?[/QUOTe

I believe he wanted to get in some more seat time before he tried that stunt...I mean tried that example of how stable the V-hull is....

PaPaG

Reaction score
My feelings on that are if it is paid for and it isn't causing you any undue stress by having it...keep it. You couldn't replace the motor for what you paid for it. I have been talking to Josh about it one day he says I am going to do the next you know I dont think I'll use it enough to justify it. Personally if I wiere you I would keep it I told Josh if I was him I would buy it if it was offered to me. I would buy it If I didnt have the Schiada.

I understand you not wanting looky loos. My biggest thin is i wouldn't want it going to some yahoo that doesn't appreciate it like you, Josh or I would. You would hate to see it in a year and say "what have you done to this thing" after you sell it to them in perfect condition.

Selling a boat is a tough thing to do. Like the old saying goes...the happeist day was the day I bought my boat, the second happiest day is when I sold it"

Good luck with your decision. It looks to me that Josh picked out a good guy to sell it to.

I would hate to sell it that is for sure, even if I rarely take it out, nice to pull the covers off and just look at it so unless JG was to buy it back I highly doubt it will go up for sale for a long time......:D

River Lynchmob

Reaction score
I would hate to sell it that is for sure, even if I rarely take it out, nice to pull the covers off and just look at it so unless JG was to buy it back I highly doubt it will go up for sale for a long time......:D

Very nice keep it close so we know where to find it. :D :thumbsup

D

Deleted Account

There are plenty of good boat owners that would love that thing to death. You should see my boat and it's a '85... Sold it to a total neat freak customer in Boulder and he called me out of the blue about 15 years later and said, "hey, you wanted first shot at buying this thing"... Still looks great with the original interior. Wife: 6 bedrooms! Me: Boat deep garage. Guess what we got?:D

Attachments

• Catalina05 096 (Medium).jpg
    Catalina05 096 (Medium).jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 151