WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Sun Glasses….Whatcha Got?😎

fat rat

Member #163
Reaction score
Everyone has them and they have a favorite pair. With Christmas in the near future I’m looking for a new pair. Oakley’s have been stuck on Gascans, Rat Ban same old styles. What’s the latest and greatest?😎

My old school pair.

IMG_0077.jpeg
My daily pair.
IMG_0078.jpeg

monkeyswrench

To The Rescue!
Reaction score
2.99 Harbor Freight tinted safety glasses!
Buy them by the handful, and always have safety glasses with me 🤣

Used to have Black Fly's, but destroyed a lot of them, lost or even melted a couple. Decided I can't have nice things;)

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
Oakley here. Even my daily wear prescription are Oakley frames, and with the transition lenses I hardly even wear my Oakley sunglasses anymore. Though my sumglasses are at least polarized so if it’s a day on the water or snow I’ll wear contacts and use my Oakleys.

My oakleys are the old school Juliet. Can’t even buy them now I don’t believe.

I had Maui Jim’s once. Great polarisation but they wouldn’t stay on my face.

PlanB

Reaction score
Been wearing Oakley’s for many years. I must have 25 pairs. They recently had a sale on some golf glasses and I ordered 6 pairs.

pkrrvr619

Reaction score
What shape is your head? Bigger guy?

I roll with Madson sunglasses now. 80 bucks a pair polarized and they are great quality. PX glasses around 200.

Lost 3 pair of ray band in 2021 boating season and said fuck this. Found Madson and at 80 bucks a pop polarized i have spares in the boat and cars now.

Great for bigger heads as well!

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Giorgio Armani. My daughter picked em out. I'm pretty happy with them.

Super clear and polarized for the water. Nice neutral grey. No tint. Ultra light.

I had Oakley forever. Just got bored with them and wanted something different.

20231211_102937.jpg

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
I wear spy sunglasses usually. Had a pair of konvoys that I thought I lost so I bought a new pair of rebars. The rebars were 200 bucks blue polarized loved them. Dropped them once and the cheap plastic piece that holds the arm to the frame snapped destroying the glasses. I don't have the original receipt so there is nothing that spy will do. Complete bs. crap construction and they won't stand behind the product. Found my old konvoys which have a screw instead of the cheap plastic nub holding them together. So I'm wearing these until they are toast but no more spy for me going back to Oakley or Maui Jim.

pwerwagn

Inmate #4800
Reaction score
I like the fuel cell and turbine from oakley. I do not like the prizm lenses however, and im not a huge fan of polarized. I recently got a pair of the fuel cells with lighter tint and polarized, and they are the first polarized glasses I dont mind.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Tres Noir for the last 10 years or so. Hand Made in Santa Ana, great quality, good priced

All my pairs have still have the anchor logos, i don't know why they stopped doing them that way.

77charger

Reaction score
Bombers for me I liked them for river or jet sking since they float but I’ve also fallen and they fall off I was I hurry to catch up with group I forgot about them and they floated away lol.

But there were a few times I remembered and after a quick fall I scan water around me and found them floating and grabbed them.

8dayz

Reaction score
Tres Noir here as well, with Rx lenses.

Crazyhippy

Haters gonna Hate
Reaction score
Woodies from Amazon. Cheap, polarized, wood ear pieces to stay classy

Woodies Zebra Wood Sunglasses with Mirrored Polarized Lens and Wooden Frame for Men and Women | 100% UVA/UVB Protection https://a.co/d/2aFvtrL

Nordie

Reaction score
Costas, must have been a Florida thing, but I've been wearing them for years.

LuauLounge

Reaction score
Costco frames, prescription lenses
Get compliments often

Tank

Reaction score
Persols and persols only for past 30 years.

IMG_4976.jpeg

old rigger

Reaction score
Rayban New Wayfarer with Px lenses.......

Been wearing Wayfarer's for 50 years. Had some PX lenses for 25 years, little weak in the left eye, and got good at popping them in and out of frames as they wore out...until I broke one. Amazingly at my age I still don't need glasses, they just make driving a little better, I even wear them at night on river trips.
Now wearing Travis Mathew frames. My DIL is pretty high up the food chain with that company and I got a set of frames from her maybe 4 years ago. They're made at the same facility that makes Raybans.
IMG_2225.jpg

Last edited:

cofooter

Reaction score
new
Been wearing Wayfarer's for 50 years. Had some PX lenses for 25 years, little weak in the left eye, and got good at popping them in and out of frames as they wore out...until I broke one. Amazingly at my age I still don't need glasses, they just make driving a little better, I even wear them at night on river trips.
Now wearing Travis Mathew frames. My DIL is pretty high up the food chain with that company and I got a set of frames from her maybe 4 years ago. They're made at the same facility that makes Raybans.
View attachment 1311977
ha, I wear mine at night also on vacation. I'll check out the Travis frames.

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
If they're polarized, I've owned them all.

I'm currently in Bajio's out of florida. . . glass lenses in rose mirror.
Hands down the best I've ever worn . . . yep, better than Maui Jim's.

Company was started by the original people from Costa.

I'm color blind (Red / Green Deficient) . . . the rose lenses make 'color separation' a huge difference for me.
It's like looking through a pair of Steiner bino's , then a pair of Leica's or Swarovski's . . . the steiners are great. . . til you look through the others.

I'm not crazy about their 'styling' . . . but I'm old, fat, ugly, & don't give a shit . . . they fit great & the lenses help my vision like no others.

The rose colored lenses are on the 'lighter' side, which works for me 75% of the time, since I'm usually in low light & overcast . . . but I just ordered another darker pair in grey lenses with blue miror for direct sunlight.

Not cheap, but the best I've ever worn.

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
Everyone has them and they have a favorite pair. With Christmas in the near future I’m looking for a new pair. Oakley’s have been stuck on Gascans, Rat Ban same old styles. What’s the latest and greatest?😎

My old school pair.

. View attachment 1311886 My daily pair.
View attachment 1311887
I must be a weirdo because I don’t have them. I hate wearing anything. Glasses, Jewelry, watches etc. I have prescription bifocals I am supposed to wear but I only use them at night in bed when I read.

Romans9

Reaction score
Fast Metal Made in USA.
Great durability and quality.
I have an extra sensitive left eye from 2 eye injuries and a detached retina.

Used to wear Oakleys until I got a pair made in China. If I’m gonna wear Chinese glasses I ain’t paying Oakley price.