WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Speed UTV take 3

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
I don’t think they need one

the bare profits are because of price increases.. additional rodits for low numbers.

The price of the car is up over 11,000.00 now.. no matter what I will make that minimum. I also got the speed key for a dollar which is now 2500 I believe? All the accessories have gone up 20-% as well.

None of that is reality until someone puts it in your pocket.

Just because Speed is now ASKING those prices only helps you if they're getting it. Regularly.

If they don't get their ducks in a row soon, you'll be waiting a long time to see that much money.

Heylam

Reaction score
I don’t think they need one

the bare profits are because of price increases.. additional rodits for low numbers.

The price of the car is up over 11,000.00 now.. no matter what I will make that minimum. I also got the speed key for a dollar which is now 2500 I believe? All the accessories have gone up 20-% as well.
Still waiting to see if Speed gets CARB approval with the speed key option.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
LOF went silent on me. 5 peeps from Facebook speed group said they were interested via messenger. No buyers yet at cost for #1377 and speed verified the options I picked can be swapped out.

What’s the total cost please

Reactions: DWC

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
None of that is reality until someone puts it in your pocket.

Just because Speed is now ASKING those prices only helps you if they're getting it. Regularly.

If they don't get their ducks in a row soon, you'll be waiting a long time to see that much money.

I’m not LOF I’m not gonna argue with ya.. my time is more valuable than that.

In the meantime I’m gonna go check my equity in my house or my stocks or my boat values or truck values.. or pretty much any equitable thing on planet earth that applies to what you just said on planet earth..

RD

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
8015BCC1-8A65-4253-84A6-A63F3A8210F1.jpeg

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
I’m not LOF I’m not gonna argue with ya.. my time is more valuable than that.

In the meantime I’m gonna go check my equity in my house or my stocks or my boat values or truck values.. or pretty much any equitable thing on planet earth that applies to what you just said on planet earth..

RD

If your not LOF then don't label a discussion an argument. 🙂

The equity in your house is based on comps that sell nearby. Regularly.

Same with your boat or truck. The comps they sell at.
Regularly.

The value in your stocks are based on what the New York Stock Exchange or similar exchange buys and sells at. Regularly.

The only thing without "Regularly" selling comps is the Speed UTV at the new higher pricing.

Now do you see my "discussion"?👍

BIGRED9158

Reaction score
Cheapest pro r I have seen

DWC

Reaction score
Cheapest pro r I have seen

Saw that this morning. Got my attention.

EmpirE231

Reaction score
LOF went silent on me. 5 peeps from Facebook speed group said they were interested via messenger. No buyers yet at cost for #1377 and speed verified the options I picked can be swapped out.
parks-and-rec-andy-dwyer.gif

MonkeyButt70

Reaction score
But If I remember right LOF and RD both said they would pay sticker for any Speed #500 and lower and that you thought it was in that group until you confirmed with speed that it was not.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
5,000 miles already is pretty crazy.
The whole reason the SXS market turns me off (besides the buy in ;)) is the cars with higher mileage take a gigantic hit in resale. Being this close to the dirt and with the ability to drive them on the street you see some crazy mileage on relatively new cars.

buy a 45k rzr and 2 years later it's worth a ton less because you used it. In the rzr world 5-10K is the end of the line mileage wise while you have a 6 year $600 loan. (Not rdp members but everyone at glamis...lol)

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
If your not LOF then don't label a discussion an argument. 🙂

The equity in your house is based on comps that sell nearby. Regularly.

Same with your boat or truck. The comps they sell at.
Regularly.

The value in your stocks are based on what the New York Stock Exchange or similar exchange buys and sells at. Regularly.

The only thing without "Regularly" selling comps is the Speed UTV at the new higher pricing.

Now do you see my "discussion"?👍

I’m not 100% sure how many makes something regular, but being the bulk of the 20,000 deposits were sold at increased pricing? Wouldn’t that be “regular?”

Last edited:

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
I’m not 100% sure how many makes something regular but being the bulk of the 20,000 deposits were sold at increased pricing?

I could be wrong but my understanding was the vast bulk of the 15 thousand or so were dealer orders.

3 to 4 thousand direct to owners and 15 or so to dealers.

We all expect those were not sold at the online price shown.

I don't know but I'd bet dealers didn't send deposit $ with their orders.
That would make them anticipated sales, not actual.

I'm not arguing here, just stating an opinion.

When cash and goods actually change hands, you can then have a value.
Right now, we can buy early spots at cost. No need to pay the higher online price.

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I could be wrong but my understanding was the vast bulk of the 15 thousand or so were dealer orders.
3 to 4 thousand direct to owners and 15 or so to dealers.
We all expect those were not sold at the online price shown.

I suppose you could call Speed and ask them.

I’m not really sure the point of the conversation?

dirtslinger2

Reaction score
Since this thread has pretty much ZERO actual news about Speed in it, and it's all the same people with all the same comments.

Robby commented that there will be a show tonight.

Speculation wise, someone has commented that Robby left for China today, also another comment on the same post, about hearing from a reliable source that 500 cars were in production with 70 completed waiting on shipping.

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
I suppose you could call Speed and ask them.

I’m not really sure the point of the conversation?

It's the Internet, there's not much point to most of it.

Someone commented on value, you claimed a high value, I questioned it.
That's all.

If I had faith in Speed UTV's response to that question, I would. But I don't.
There's little to gain for them in answering that.

BingerFang

Reaction score
I’ve been out of the golfcart game for a while but I saw a handful of Pro R’s at the desert bar this weekend. They are HUGE and looked bad ass…. I wonder how the Speed car will compare from a handling standpoint.

Can’t wait to see a comparison!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
It's the Internet, there's not much point to most of it.

Someone commented on value, you claimed a high value, I questioned it.
That's all.

If I had faith in Speed UTV's response to that question, I would. But I don't.
There's little to gain for them in answering that.

I said I believe I could sell my spots for retail what they go for “today” without any difficulty. That to me is a low value. Now if I added another ten on top of that I’d say it’s a high value.. somewhere in the middle medium value?

I suppose we could discuss or argue it or whatever ya want to call it.. but right now I’m keeping it so I don’t see the point in debating the value..

Now if we were to have some “I think it’s only worth this” and I said “it’s worth more than that?” And someone was to make a wager worth the offset of selling said spot. Which at a minimum would be 4K - 5k (medium value)

I’d be inclined to prove pretty quickly that I’m right by selling the spot at “todays retail cost” profiting roughly 13k or in my case from the price increased accessories. I’d be so inclined as to do so with a 30 day timeline to show the confidence that my money is good where it’s at.

While pointing out that in that particular spot I have roughly 20k into it and would be making said 13k off of just the 20.

Other than that scenario though I don’t see much of a point of debating the hypothetical value of something that isn’t for sale?

RD

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Since this thread has pretty much ZERO actual news about Speed in it, and it's all the same people with all the same comments.

Robby commented that there will be a show tonight.

Speculation wise, someone has commented that Robby left for China today, also another comment on the same post, about hearing from a reliable source that 500 cars were in production with 70 completed waiting on shipping.

I have heard this as well. It’s the only reason I don’t have a pro r in my garage already..

DWC

Reaction score
The whole reason the SXS market turns me off (besides the buy in ;)) is the cars with higher mileage take a gigantic hit in resale. Being this close to the dirt and with the ability to drive them on the street you see some crazy mileage on relatively new cars.

buy a 45k rzr and 2 years later it's worth a ton less because you used it. In the rzr world 5-10K is the end of the line mileage wise while you have a 6 year $600 loan. (Not rdp members but everyone at glamis...lol)
It’s definitely a chunk of money for something that you’re gonna beat the hell out of. I’d love to upgrade and grab something newer. Whatever we do it won’t be for something with more miles😬

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
I said I believe I could sell my spots for retail what they go for “today” without any difficulty. That to me is a low value. Now if I added another ten on top of that I’d say it’s a high value.. somewhere in the middle medium value?

I suppose we could discuss or argue it or whatever ya want to call it.. but right now I’m keeping it so I don’t see the point in debating the value..

Now if we were to have some “I think it’s only worth this” and I said “it’s worth more than that?” And someone was to make a wager worth the offset of selling said spot. Which at a minimum would be 4K - 5k (medium value)

I’d be inclined to prove pretty quickly that I’m right by selling the spot at “todays retail cost” profiting roughly 13k or in my case from the price increased accessories. I’d be so inclined as to do so with a 30 day timeline to show the confidence that my money is good where it’s at.

While pointing out that in that particular spot I have roughly 20k into it and would be making said 13k off of just the 20.

Other than that scenario though I don’t see much of a point of debating the hypothetical value of something that isn’t for sale?

RD

If you were able to sell your spot at a 13K profit when others, even a member here, are selling the same thing at 0 mark-up, that would only go to prove P. T. Barnum correct.
"There's a sucker born every minute".

At least you do recognize it as hypothetical value. 😁

baja-chris

Reaction score
It's not an equal comparison to value my unit 1377th off the line with Dave's units which are much lower (and sooner delivery).
The motivation for me wanting to sell just comes down to tired of waiting, and it's overkill, and I cannot justify buying 2 UTV's (one now and then the Speed).
If they get production rolling I'll be stoked to take delivery of my unit. But I don't want to wait 2 or more years for it.

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
It's not an equal comparison to value my unit 1377th off the line with Dave's units which are much lower (and sooner delivery).
The motivation for me wanting to sell just comes down to tired of waiting, and it's overkill, and I cannot justify buying 2 UTV's (one now and then the Speed).
If they get production rolling I'll be stoked to take delivery of my unit. But I don't want to wait 2 or more years for it.

To a degree, you're right.
To the degree of $13K more? I doubt it.

Both his early spot and your later spot are gamble's.
Both will result in a SxS at some point but Dave is losing on the 2 most likely scenarios.
1. The cars keep getting delayed and new buyers are scared off.
2. Cars start being produced and new buyers fail to see a $13K reason to move up for something that is finally being built in volume. Particularly if dealers start getting cars and have price competition to sell them.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
To a degree, you're right.
To the degree of $13K more? I doubt it.

Both his early spot and your later spot are gamble's.
Both will result in a SxS at some point but Dave is losing on the 2 most likely scenarios.
1. The cars keep getting delayed and new buyers are scared off.
2. Cars start being produced and new buyers fail to see a $13K reason to move up for something that is finally being built in volume. Particularly if dealers start getting cars and have price competition to sell them.

Do ya really want me to spend the time to explain it to you? As well would you actually truly read the explanation so we don’t have to keep having the same conversation over and over again?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Here is the explanation.. I purchased my 113 car on the very first day they announced. I purchased my 326 car before the first price increase..

Over the course of several years the prices have increased a couple of different times.. The price of the car went up, the price to upgrade it to an RG went up, the price of the speed key went from 1.00 to I think something crazy like 1500? The price of the accessories has gone up.

What I purchased for “retail” back then has now gone up 12-13k not including the accessories which have gone up around 20% across the board as well to the tune of my costs another 18,000 in.. which would be about 22k today.

To purchase a car today you would spend 13k more.. to purchase the speed key it’s whatever it is now but certainly not a dollar. To purchase the accessories you’d be in another 4-5k more..

Someone would be waiting however long for your car (at this point years). This is just at todays “standard” pricing from speed..

I could sell that spot today with zero mark up on “todays retail costs” in about 3 minutes.. and make 13+,000 just retail to retail on the car alone.

How long it would take me to sell with an additional markup of 5-10k is debatable but I feel I have a pretty good grasp of what it would go for and in what time frames..

For todays retail costs which would net me said 13k (plus accessories profits putting it closer to 20k). I am confident.. you make the bet for 4-5k,

I’ll make a phone call to Preston / Bernie or a host of other guys I know that will buy it in two seconds flat I’ll take my profits add your bet into it and call it medium value.. netting close to 18k plus your 5 and it will all transpire in a period of 5 minutes or less to finally settle this argument of “hypothetical values”

Nobody is saying no to a spot with no markup on todays prices that is number 113 or 326.. they will bank they will get the premium on the gotta have it now guys which will be substantially more.

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
Here is the explanation.. I purchased my 113 car on the very first day they announced. I purchased my 326 car before the first price increase..

Over the course of several years the prices have increased a couple of different times.. The price of the car went up, the price to upgrade it to an RG went up, the price of the speed key went from 1.00 to I think something crazy like 1500? The price of the accessories has gone up.

What I purchased for “retail” back then has now gone up 12-13k not including the accessories which have gone up around 20% across the board as well to the tune of my costs another 18,000 in.. which would be about 22k today.

To purchase a car today you would spend 13k more.. to purchase the speed key it’s whatever it is now but certainly not a dollar. To purchase the accessories you’d be in another 4-5k more..

Someone would be waiting however long for your car (at this point years). This is just at todays “standard” pricing from speed..

I could sell that spot today with zero mark up on “todays retail costs” in about 3 minutes.. and make 13+,000 just retail to retail on the car alone.

How long it would take me to sell with an additional markup of 5-10k is debatable but I feel I have a pretty good grasp of what it would go for and in what time frames..

For todays retail costs which would net me said 13k (plus accessories profits putting it closer to 20k). I am confident.. you make the bet for 4-5k,

I’ll make a phone call to Preston / Bernie or a host of other guys I know that will buy it in two seconds flat I’ll take my profits add your bet into it and call it medium value.. netting close to 18k plus your 5 and it will all transpire in a period of 5 minutes or less to finally settle this argument of “hypothetical values”

Nobody is saying no to a spot with no markup on todays prices that is number 113 or 326.. they will bank they will get the premium on the gotta have it now guys which will be substantially more.

Then why aren't you doing it?

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
Why are you even in this thread? Just to argue?
One person's discussion is another person's argument.
I'm simply asking questions and expressing opinions.
I'm not trying to convince anyone else of anything.

dirtslinger2

Reaction score
One person's discussion is another person's argument.
I'm simply asking questions and expressing opinions.
I'm not trying to convince anyone else of anything.

I still have the same question, why are you even in this thread, unless you have one on order?