WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Speed cars hit the assembly Line

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayBreww

Reaction score
Only if they dont take action…. Very easy workaround, as you can see the guy with Car 22 did.
I was quoting his statement regarding if they have one problem with suspension or shock mount, and having to re-engineer the frame.
What if they have to re-engineer the engine, now carb must start the process over again.
Yea sure they can register out of state, but what if a California buyer, car number 20 for instance, doesn’t want to register it in AZ. Now he’s gotta wait another year for carb.
That sucks…

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I was quoting his statement regarding if they have one problem with suspension or shock mount, and having to re-engineer the frame.
What if they have to re-engineer the engine, now carb must start the process over again.
Yea sure they can register out of state, but what if a California buyer, car number 20 for instance, doesn’t want to register it in AZ. Now he’s gotta wait another year for carb.
That sucks…

I would wager we are beyond the point of needing to reengineer the chassis or drivetrain. But stranger things have happened.

The CARB stuff above and beyond EPA mainly deals with evaporative emissions and exhaust emission requirements. The likelihood of having to change something deep in the engine mechanicals would be slim.

HullofaTime

Reaction score
The large quantity of bulk car deliveries won’t start till after Chinese new year. Late Feb-Mar.

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
If you guys ever have any PCI questions just lemme know! We are excited a lot of the Speed Customers are smart and went with PCI in their cars....

And I really miss Pistol!! He was a good dude, I was stoked to race one of his trucks again a couple weeks ago and he pushed the rear down for me just enough on a kicker so we didnt eat shit lol

I am number 113 / 326 & a higher up number on a two seater for a race car.. all of them have been upgraded to pci

JM21

Reaction score
LOF stands for Lots Of Flap !!
No way I’m taking the time to go back and see how many times he said he will buy any person out at cost, plus he prolly deleted them all as soon as the spot came for sale. If he really stood by his post the seller would have posted SOLD very shortly after. Insert cricket emoji here.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
No way I’m taking the time to go back and see how many times he said he will buy any person out at cost, plus he prolly deleted them all as soon as the spot came for sale. If he really stood by his post the seller would have posted SOLD very shortly after. Insert cricket emoji here.
Care to make a wager on that?

You guys are so obsessed with my wallet it’s laughable.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
crickets-crickets-chirping.gif

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Put money on what? How many times you said you would buy a spot?

If I’ve deleted posts about buying spots recently or if the spot is purchased by me.

$500 sound good? 😉

JM21

Reaction score
Care to make a wager on that?

You guys are so obsessed with my wallet it’s
If I’ve deleted posts about buying spots recently and if the spot is purchased by me..

$500 sound good? 😉
If there was a way to prove post were deleted sure, but no.

And if you bought the spot you would have bragged immediately

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

Yes there is a way.

And that’s what I figured on both fronts….Another talker.

And no I wouldn’t say anything about buying a spot I was going to flip here because many of you are… well just read the thread, you’d do nothing but cry about it.

Last edited:

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
If I’ve deleted posts about buying spots recently or if the spot is purchased by me.

$500 sound good? 😉
Omg. I got sucked back in. Why are you deleting post about buying spots. And now you seem to want to add another bet you probably won’t accept.
Back on trying to ignore this thread. But the entertainment value is 👍👍👍

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Omg. I got sucked back in. Why are you deleting post about buying spots. And now you seem to want to add another bet you probably won’t accept.

Thanks for proving my point.

Read all that again slowly because what you think I said , is not what I said.

You guys can’t put a bet against me together to save your lives.. aside from one guy.

BIGRED9158

Reaction score
Thanks for proving my point.

Read all that again slowly because what you think I said , is not what I said.

You guys can’t put a bet against me together to save your lives.. aside from one guy.
Hey if your talking about our bet atleast tag me lol

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Hey if your talking about our bet atleast tag me lol

I take it back, 2 people. But you barely survived. It took your coalition a week to decide on the terms the first time.

You got your ship tightened up for the next round.

Last edited:

702sandman

Reaction score
All I can add to this is LOF is a-man of his word on bets. You can take his word on a bet he will pay up if he looses 👍 I would bet again with him any day of the week Lol no pun intended 🤣🤣🤣

JM21

Reaction score
Yes there is a way.

And that’s what I figured on both fronts….Another talker.

And no I wouldn’t say anything about buying a spot I was going to flip here because many of you are… well just read the thread, you’d do nothing but cry about it.
Prove you bought the spot. Guarantee you didn’t.

Havasu blue label

Reaction score
That’s not cool mr orange

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
All I can add to this is LOF is a-man of his word on bets. You can take his word on a bet he will pay up if he looses 👍 I would bet again with him any day of the week Lol no pun intended 🤣🤣🤣

Pleasure doing business with you. Hope I can get you on the next one 🍻

S

Sand Shark

$500 sound good? 😉

On Glamis Dunes they will ban you for deleting posts. A few guys on the Speed UTV forum were permanently banned for deleting posts. Who would miss LOF if he was banned?

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
On Glamis Dunes they will ban you for deleting posts. A few guys on the Speed UTV forum were permanently banned for deleting posts. Who would miss LOF if he was banned?
Fact is RD and many members would regret LOF banned. Going on 8 years LOF has been major contributor to RDP on many subjects + a good friend to LHC..
This will be my last post in this fucked up thread. The hostility here Incredible. Very few of us could accomplish what RG has done in extreme difficult circumstances.
No way Gamisdunes.com compares to the environment of RDP and Lake Havasu City.

dirtslinger2

Reaction score
Can you go back to GD, you don't contribute anything factual, enlightening, or productive to this forum.

bentprops

Reaction score
Yep a shotty thread to read, i blast past most posts and look for pics and links and what RD has to say.

EmpirE231

Reaction score
lol LOF trying to make back the money he’s lost on other bets re: SPEED delivery dates. Now trying to bet regarding buying more spots for cars not being delivered hahah. Dude you may have a gambling problem. There’s a hotline for that.

Last edited:
S

Sand Shark

Fact is RD and many members would regret LOF banned. Going on 8 years LOF has been major contributor to RDP on many subjects + a good friend to LHC..
This will be my last post in this fucked up thread. The hostility here Incredible. Very few of us could accomplish what RG has done in extreme difficult circumstances.
No way Gamisdunes.com compares to the environment of RDP and Lake Havasu City.
I agree. I was being sarcastic. The guys that were banned from Glamis Dunes were some of the most informative about the Speed UTV. They got harassed allot and the mods banned them for deleting posts with real information. It’s not the same at GD with those guys gone.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
At the rate things are going I think people in the 500#s will be luck to receive a car by next riding season !
You might be onto something

I am having a really hard time believe they can’t get containers of cars picked up to ship here. We receive containers daily from China.

Also thinking out loud here but wonder how many “sole/single” source suppliers they have. Too many and supply chain gets very risky. Same if only 1-2 suppliers. Both of those can cripple a company with a .01 washer.

My guess is that they have a ton of single source suppliers. This causing the delays they have. In aerospace/military world we always have backup suppliers that we qualify for this reason plus we specify alternates.

Somethings you can’t get around tho.

But things like
axles, I would have 2-3 suppliers
Electronics 5-6 suppliers
Cables 3-5 suppliers
Eng 1-2 max
Chassis1-2
Body 1-3
Cots items 5-10
Hardware 5-10
Mfg supplies and equipment 5-10

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
You might be onto something

I am having a really hard time believe they can’t get containers of cars picked up to ship here. We receive containers daily from China.

Also thinking out loud here but wonder how many “sole/single” source suppliers they have. Too many and supply chain gets very risky. Same if only 1-2 suppliers. Both of those can cripple a company with a .01 washer.

My guess is that they have a ton of single source suppliers. This causing the delays they have. In aerospace/military world we always have backup suppliers that we qualify for this reason plus we specify alternates.

Somethings you can’t get around tho.

But things like
axles, I would have 2-3 suppliers
Electronics 5-6 suppliers
Cables 3-5 suppliers
Eng 1-2 max
Chassis1-2
Body 1-3
Cots items 5-10
Hardware 5-10
Mfg supplies and equipment 5-10
Thinking about this more

Chassis I would have 1-2 for building it but supplying the tube/tabs, ect I would 5-10
Eng same thing 2-5 casting houses/machine shops

All the machined parts 3-5 shops for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.