WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Silverado 1500 Suspension Build

LakeBeard

Reaction score
Keep me posted on the Trail Grapplers wear/noise wise.

I have the same, here they are after 27k miles. Noise isn't bad, but I drive w/ the stereo blasting...
~
t3.jpg
Tire 1.jpg

Attachments

• t2.jpg
    t2.jpg
    199.8 KB · Views: 139

LakeBeard

Reaction score

25Elmn8r

Reaction score
To each their own...I prefer the stock look.
I want to blend-in and not attract attract any undue attention.

I agree. I kept the same stock rims as well. I'm not a fan of the black rims on most trucks.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
Slightly bumpy at a walking pace, but they smooth right out when driving.
Noise is much less than anticipated, just a barely audible hum on the highway.
And they track straight, unlike Toyo MTs that have a slight radial pull.

The tire are HEAVY...they feel twice as heavy as the P-rated tires the truck came with.
Slight decrease in felt power, and its downshifting on highway grades that it held in 6th gear previously.
I want to program for tire size, but need an aftermarket tuner to do it, and I like my warranty...

Considering how much stiffer the sidewalls are, I honestly didn't expect it to ride this good.
The Kings obviously play large roll in that.

They are E rated. Run 40-42 psi cold. Ride and wear will be good.

I have 20k on my Ridge Grapplers. Running 42 psi. They still look new. Rotated every oil change.

Also your speedo isn't off. I'm running 285/65/18's also. When I pull up the digital speedo and compare to gps on my phone it is the same.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
They are E rated. Run 40-42 psi cold. Ride and wear will be good.

I have 20k on my Ridge Grapplers. Running 42 psi. They still look new. Rotated every oil change.

Also your speedo isn't off. I'm running 285/65/18's also. When I pull up the digital speedo and compare to gps on my phone it is the same.

Holy shit...I ran 42 front/38 rear on my Ram CTD, and that truck was a heavy pig.

I'm at 35 psi on these tires right now.
I'll keep an eye on wear and adjust accordingly.

The load inflation table shows I can exceed the 3,950-lb GAWR at 35 psi, which is the lowest recommended pressure.
At 45 psi the tires can carry 4,850 lbs, which is a lot more than the GAWR of the truck.

Speedo is off by 4%, which is pretty insignificant unless you're at highway speeds, and even then it's pretty small.

pronstar

Reaction score
Update on the Nitto Terra Grappler MT’s:

These tires are great, a worthy alternative to Toyo Open Country MT’s (which weren’t avaialble in my size).

They’re amazing in mud, as well as anything off-road that I’ve encountered.

The ride is great for an MT at 35 psi...even at this pressure, which is the lowest noted on the load/inflation table, I’ve got ~900 lbs of excess capacity per axle.

Noise is a gentle hum, not bad at all.

And they’re wearing great - here they are with 20k miles on them. I do rotate and rebalance them every 5k miles.
IMG_1446.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Runs2rch

Reaction score

These tires are great, a worthy alternative to Toyo Open Country MT’s (which weren’t avaialble in my size).

They’re amazing in mud, as well as anything off-road that I’ve encountered.

The ride is great for an MT at 35 psi...even at this pressure, which is the lowest noted on the load/inflation table, I’ve got ~900 lbs of excess capacity per axle.

Noise is a gentle hum, not bad at all.

And they’re wearing great - here they are with 20k miles on them. I do rotate and rebalance them every 5k miles. View attachment 756608

Nice! Thought you had Icon delta joint upper arms? Looks like a stock arm in the pic.

25Elmn8r

Reaction score

And they’re wearing great - here they are with 20k miles on them. I do rotate and rebalance them every 5k miles. View attachment 756608

Damn, thats a lot of miles pretty quick, considering I drive about 20-25 miles a week...

Good to hear they're holding up good, I'm gonna need to replace the tires on my F350 before next winter.

pronstar

Reaction score
Update to this old thread…

I’m trying to do little things to keep myself interested in my truck. The last thing I need right now is a truck payment.

Put some Camburg shackles and Deaver mini-packs under her recently. All I can say is wow…I should’ve done earlier.

The factory overload leaf engages very quickly, and it rebounds pretty abruptly. The mini-pack replaces the overload with a progressive pack that retains the main leaf pack.

The ride quality in the rear is quite noticeable. Truly rides like a Caddy now.

But she squats a lot more under load.

Also put some Method 703 beadgrips and BFG KM3s on a few months ago.

Super happy with my 2015 Hoopty.

Next mod is getting a closet-full of JBL audio equipment installed. One of our senior engineers sent it all to me, said I can’t have clients in a truck with a bone-stock audio system LOL

IMG_1484.jpeg
IMG_1483.jpeg
IMG_1481.jpeg

pronstar

Reaction score
Had to replace my DeltaJoints last week. I got 5 years and about 70k miles out of them, but noticed a little bit of play.

That’s a lot longer than what uniballs typically last.