WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Retirement what age did you pull the pin?

h2o225

Reaction score
For me after 26 years with the state I was done. At 56 I decided to call it. Though not fully still have a great side hustle. Two weeks after a retirement a friend calls and made an offer I really couldn't refuse.

Dunerking

Reaction score
I wish I could tap out at the age some of you did..currently 49(50 this year) and have at least 12 to go for my full pension. Been in the Motion Picture industry since 1997. Ultimately at the end I’ll have almost 40 years pissed away on sets. That’s depressing.

pixrthis

Reaction score
I wish I could tap out at the age some of you did..currently 49(50 this year) and have at least 12 to go for my full pension. Been in the Motion Picture industry since 1997. Ultimately at the end I’ll have almost 40 years pissed away on sets. That’s depressing.
I’m right there with you, at 57 I think I’m going until 62.

welldigger00

Reaction score
I folded up my drilling business 2 years ago, and started driving. Ive got nothing booked the rest of this week, and nothing in the foreseeable future. So, I’m retired right now. Until something pops up. Then I’m working again full time. Until I’m not. I actually love it!

clarence

Reaction score
56, during Covid.

Was really enjoying work until then.

Reactions: TPC

Mini Kat

Hammer Makin' Payments
Reaction score
I retired at 46 and I'm 65 years old now and lovin life. Do what I want, when I want for as long as I want...life is good 👍
So I'm heading to the airport in a bit and I'm going to go flying around all the Hot Air Balloons 🎈 🙃 😅

FreeBird236

Reaction score
I thought I was doing fairly good at 59, but some of you guy, wow. Like has been said, how did ever find the time when I was working.

CoolCruzin

Reaction score
I’m not sure how to retire.
Owning my business I never feel like it’s work .
I have been working a lot less .
And take off when I want .
My manager is running the shop .
I think this year will be it . 67 yr old

dirtslinger2

Reaction score
I'm planning on retiring next year at 55, been with the Oil company 35 years, so next year will be 36 year.
Hoping I have enough money to live like we do now.

JDKRXW

Reaction score
Got my hand on the pin right now, just turned 61.

That's a great way to put it.

Me too.
63 right now.
Kind of concerned about being bored ..... nothing good comes from idle hands is what I've always been told.

skifaster

Hard Member
Reaction score
I love hearing about people retiring young. Congrats to all of You. My Dad didn't really retire, got sick, had to shut down his practice, and passed away shortly after. He never made it to the "no alarm clock" stage. I hope to get to the stage where my alarm clock is only set so I make it to my tee time, and then back home to go out on the boat for the rest of the day.

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
53 - my blood pressure dropped, I lost some weight. I walk or hike 3-5 miles everyday. We go to the grocery store 2 or 3 times a week and only buy real fresh food in the amount needed for the one meal. Only thing we eat out of the freezer is protein. I am very busy with my projects and hobbies. I might actually live past 75 now, I was gonna have a clincher at 65 if I kept living for the man and not myself.

Brian

Reaction score
43 now, hopin to pull the pin at 60.

Toolman

Reaction score
68 and still going. I do 12 hrs a day. Have no plans to retire. Why? Having too much fun with our business. The longer I work, the longer the nest egg stays intact. One day my body will say enough is enough. That’s the day I retire.

jet496

Reaction score
No pin in
70 retired full time did consulting for another 6 years curently 79 years young and HATE retirement, don't need $$
just miss working and keeping my mind sharp
Probably around 70 for me (I'm 63 now) & stay involved as a consultant until I die. I need the forced exercise of walking all day & also keeping my mind working. For me personally, I'd fall apart if I didn't have work.

Singleton

Reaction score
LMAO --- they n.e.v.e.r. come off the family account! 🤣
True, but the monthly nugget goes down once the move out of the house.

My 28yo - only calls for $$ in an emergency (usually involves car repairs)
My 22yo - stretching his limits (tough love is going to kick him in the nuts come March 1)
My 12yo - FTE on the family account. At least she knows how to change all the fluids in her SXS :)