WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Rain in PARKER

EarpRider

Reaction score
WOW, that was the heaviest rain storm we have ever experienced in our 6 years of living here. WE just got off of the roof, we had to put a tarp over the back of the house where we lost a 10' x 10' portion of our foam roof.

I went for a ski run at 7:00 PM and around 7:45 PM the lightening, thunder, and rain took over, it was crazy!!!!

ColeTR2

Reaction score
Yes it has been crazy! My roof took a hit too. I have two leeks and the house is new. :mad:

Last edited:

Riverbottom

Reaction score
:thumbsdown Just got back from taking the jeep around the Keys , La Paz park etc. Lots of flooding up river in Parker. I have a metal building next to Circle K up river, and I have a pretty good mess to clean up. The water came down so fast that part of the hill behind my building came down. Someone has parked some empty boat trailers next to the building and they are pretty well burried in rocks and mud.

I hate to be the first to post, and I know that Jamie (Flying V's) are aware of the flooding, but the water went right in the garage of their new house, and in the front door. It will be a real mess to clean up. I did not go inside, but David Plunkett opened the front door and there is a lot of water and mud in the living area. Sorry about your loss, and if you need any help up here let me know.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
:thumbsdown Just got back from taking the jeep around the Keys , La Paz park etc. Lots of flooding up river in Parker. I have a metal building next to Circle K up river, and I have a pretty good mess to clean up. The water came down so fast that part of the hill behind my building came down. Someone has parked some empty boat trailers next to the building and they are pretty well burried in rocks and mud.

I hate to be the first to post, and I know that Jamie (Flying V's) are aware of the flooding, but the water went right in the garage of their new house, and in the front door. It will be a real mess to clean up. I did not go inside, but David Plunkett opened the front door and there is a lot of water and mud in the living area. Sorry about your loss, and if you need any help up here let me know.

:eek: :swear 'That sucks!' doesnt even begin to describe that situation. Hopefully it didnt screw stuff up too badly.

Riverbottom

Reaction score
:eek: :swear 'That sucks!' doesnt even begin to describe that situation. Hopefully it didnt screw stuff up too badly.

I know, at about 9:30 P.M. the water was just over the front bumper of my Jeep Rubicon when I was driving past Circle K.

Down at the public launch ramp by Riverbound's the water was running about a foot deep and really fast. I think some people lost some boat trailers parked there, as they were two boats with spot lights looking in the river and there were no trailers in the parking area. That would really suck to park your trailer and have it washed into the river.

Riverbottom

Reaction score
we are headin out to asses the damages. :(

I am so sorry. The water has receded away from the house, and the drain in front is cleaned out. The real bummer is that lots of debris ( sticks, weeds etc. ) went down the side of the house and got stuck against the side gate and made a dam, so the water could get up to the front door. There is alot of damage up river, not just the mess at your place.

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
This sucks. Must of really came down.:eek:

Bummer V's. Hope there is no lasting damage.

BoatCop

Retired And Loving It.
Reaction score
I just got back from the Bouse area, where I've been since about 3:00 AM. Two vehicles got swept into a wash from highway 72. 6 people were rescued, and 1 (elderly female) is still missing. We have a USMC helo doing air search. Once the water recedes, we'll get our Search and Rescue folks out on quads to continue looking for her.

These pictures were taken after the water had considerably subsided.

flood1.JPG

flood2.JPG

mrs. bordsmnj

StokerWhore's Ol' Lady
Reaction score
Holy Crap! :eek: That is crazy! Char and Jamie, I hope the damage is minimal. :(

Lue

Banned
Reaction score
That sucks guys, hope you guys don't get too much damage out there.

Andy01

Reaction score
Oh shit what a storm. The keys are a mess! My boat was a mess. I will get some pictures and post them later on. I am going to check on a couple of houses now. Was at roudrunner til 8 and then left. One heck of a storm.

Andy

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
I know, at about 9:30 P.M. the water was just over the front bumper of my Jeep Rubicon when I was driving past Circle K.

Down at the public launch ramp by Riverbound's the water was running about a foot deep and really fast. I think some people lost some boat trailers parked there, as they were two boats with spot lights looking in the river and there were no trailers in the parking area. That would really suck to park your trailer and have it washed into the river.

Last trip out we werent able to get a storage for our pontoon trailer so I had it parked in the lot accross the street. Monday as we wereleaving I decided to just go ahead and move it to in front of the house...Good thinkg I did as It was sitting right in front of where the water comes fromt he desert. It would hav definitely pushed the trailer into the water :(

I remember about 8-9 years ago we had a huge storm and we had our 40'Alfa and the FL parked in the lot. It was a similar sounding storm when all of sudden we heard this thndering sound. We turn around as a wall of water comes through the lot form the desert and it actually moved our whole rig about 3 feet (well over 30k punds). The force of the water going down the launch ramp actually tore up chunks of the ramp it was deifinitely a sight to see.
________
Chrysler rb engine

Last edited:

Desertgirl

Reaction score
WOW! Sounds awful, Jamie and Char - I hope all is well. Let us know if we can help with anything this weeeknd.

BoatCop

Retired And Loving It.
Reaction score
wow/// I hope all is well V's:D

I just went by there, and they're digging out. Messy, to be sure.

We found the missing victim from the wash. She was 7 miles down stream of where the car went in. Unfortunately deceased.

There was also a fatality from someone trying to cross a wash on 62 over by Big River. The force of the water caused the vehicle to roll several times through the wash. The victim couldn't get out.

Don't cross running washes, folks. while you might be able to ford a 6-8" stream or standing water, 6 or 8 inches in a running wash is all that's needed to push the vehicle downstream and off the pavement. Once that happens, you're toast.

The weather service is predicting similar storms all week and through the Holiday Weekend. If you're heading to the River, Lake or desert, plan alternate routes if roads are flooded, and by all means....

BE CAREFUL!

Mondorally

Reaction score
I The weather service is predicting similar storms all week and through the Holiday Weekend. If you're heading to the River, Lake or desert, plan alternate routes if roads are flooded, and by all means....

BE CAREFUL!

Boatcop,

In your experience - what's the best route in the rain from SoCal to avoid any flash floods? 10 to Ehrinberg? 10 to Quartzite? 10 to Palm Springs and call it a day???? I'll be towing if it matters.

Thanks
Justin

BoatCop

Retired And Loving It.
Reaction score
Boatcop,

In your experience - what's the best route in the rain from SoCal to avoid any flash floods? 10 to Ehrinberg? 10 to Quartzite? 10 to Palm Springs and call it a day???? I'll be towing if it matters.

Thanks
Justin

10 to Ehrenberg is your best bet. I-10 is always good and the Indian road rarely floods.

Skyskier

skiing Parker since 1960
Reaction score
The motorist killed during last night's flash flooding near the Colorado River was a 51-year-old woman from Big River, according to San Bernardino County coroner's officials.

Rosemary Sebring Genc died about 9:18 p.m. Monday in the Mojave Desert town, said coroner's spokeswoman Sandy Fatland.

Her vehicle became stuck in a wash near Rio Vista Road and Capistrano Way, said Disptach Supervisor Tim Franke of the San Bernardino County Fire Department.

Flash flooding in the same general region also closed portions of Highway 95 from Vidal Junction south to Interstate 10 in Blythe. At 3 a.m., heavy rain had limited visibility to 20 feet in some places, according to the California Highway Patrol website.

-Richard Brooks

[email protected]

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
10 to Ehrenberg is your best bet. I-10 is always good and the Indian road rarely floods.
That first dip off the 10 via Ehrenberg will stop ya if its raining there too......

dezertrider

Reaction score
We were heading to Parker this weekend but if anyone needs help I can leave earlier to help

reb939

Reaction score
A few pics at our condo complex. These are at Casas del Rio across from Julio's Restaurant on Riverside drive.

Attachments

• PICT0006.jpg
    PICT0006.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 503
  • PICT0014.jpg
    PICT0014.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 489
  • PICT0015.jpg
    PICT0015.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 489

parker ed

Reaction score
Damn look at the high water mark on the garages.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
That sucks. if the storage my boat is in got the same damage guess I wont have to worry about finding a new storage :cool: since I will have to worry about a new boat
________
TUBE SEX

Last edited:

mrs. bordsmnj

StokerWhore's Ol' Lady
Reaction score
That sucks. if the storage my boat is in got the same damage guess I wont have to worry about finding a new storage :cool: since I will have to worry about a new boat

I was just wondering about our storage. All this damage is right around us. :eek: :(

JB in so cal

Reaction score

You think Anchor Inn storage got hit?

boatnam2

Reaction score
Must of rained pretty good, have a few freinds who want to go to emerald but were told they cant because the trailers cant be pulled out from storage.At least the grass on jackass flats golfcourse will be green:D

reb939

Reaction score
I was just wondering about our storage. All this damage is right around us. :eek: :(

i believe this is the road just up from your storage area, no?
(BTW that's not my painted fingernail in the pic, a friend from the condos took the photos and sent them to me )

Attachments

• PICT0022.jpg
    PICT0022.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 389

mrs. bordsmnj

StokerWhore's Ol' Lady
Reaction score
Must of rained pretty good, have a few freinds who want to go to emerald but were told they cant because the trailers cant be pulled out from storage.At least the grass on jackass flats golfcourse will be green:D

No shit? :eek: I hope ours is ok! :eek: Ours is at Desert Riviera though, in the park, not across the road.

Yikes!
:(

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Hmmm...might want to fix that ;)

In all reality my boat being damged would solve a lot of problems...now if the pontoon got damaged I would be more upset :thumbsdown

Pleaes tell me my soon to be 10'er ain't in there.. LOL

RD

mrs. bordsmnj

StokerWhore's Ol' Lady
Reaction score
i believe this is the road just up from your storage area, no?
(BTW that's not my painted fingernail in the pic, a friend from the condos took the photos and sent them to me )

If that is behind Julio's, yes. :eek:

Nice try on denying your hotpink nails too. ;)

Riverbottom

Reaction score

Do you still keep your boat in Russ's building ? It looked o.k. last night. But further up the street there was lots of rocks and mud. It was stupid, but we drove around in the jeep from 9:30 P.M. till almost midnight looking at all the water mud and mess.

lf2

Reaction score
Anyone know how Riverland is ? I store my trailer there and I cant get ahold of anyone there..

reb939

Reaction score
If that is behind Julio's, yes. :eek:

Nice try on denying your hotpink nails too. ;)

I'm thinking it is behind Julio's based on a previous email I got from the photographer.

You like that nail color don't you :D I know your jealous

riverratmike

Reaction score
here in Havasu it rained over 5 hrs pretty hard. Not as bad as Parker though. I was out in it taking lightning photos. Didn't capture that many shots due to it raining so hard and had to be inside my truck. But captured a few. Here is one of them. I'll post more later.

Attachments

• P8250020.jpg
    P8250020.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 522

Wendi

Reaction score
here in Havasu it rained over 5 hrs pretty hard. Not as bad as Parker though. I was out in it taking lightning photos. Didn't capture that many shots due to it raining so hard and had to be inside my truck. But captured a few. Here is one of them. I'll post more later.

What kind of camera do you use?? The pics you post are always awesome....:beer

reb939

Reaction score
what, am I invisible:smackhead:hmm:hmm I have a freind trying to check on his boat and the outgoing message on AI's phone is they are gone until the 27th.

Don't know where Anchor Inn storage is

78 Continental

Reaction score
Anyone know how Riverland is ? I store my trailer there and I cant get ahold of anyone there..

Same here, I want to know the same. They aren't answering calls just want to make sure nothing floated away! Any help or info would be great.