WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Prop 13 again

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
The most fucked up part about it, is that it will be voted on by 95% of people who do not own commerical property, and most of whom do not even understand how that would affect small businesses or property owners. All the blue voters will see is "YES FOR EDUCATION!" :mad:

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I was just going to say the same thing! If you think it’s bad now with businesses leaving the state then Sacramento will say “ Hold my Beer”. Once this passes the economy will likely collapse, and you can kiss your home equity goodbye!

Yep.. The commercial real estate values will dip quite a bit certainly.

Cdog

Reaction score
I had a meeting with several apartment owners looking to divest out of CA and into AZ over this coming down the pipeline.

What people fail to realize is all these costs get passed to the end user of the product. Higher rents for renters & more expensive products passed to the consumers who short sightedly voted for this garbage.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I had a meeting with several apartment owners looking to divest out of CA and into AZ over this coming down the pipeline.

What people fail to realize is all these costs get passed to the end user of the product. Higher rents for renters & more expensive products passed to the consumers who short sightedly voted for this garbage.

Just wait.. They will try to institute rent controls next, or other housing subsidies forcing tenants on you after this. This is how they will "solve" the "Homeless crisis"

Cole Trickle

Reaction score

And if the tenant can no longer turn a profit or afford to live in said unit they hit the streets or shut down there business.....lol

Smart play by california politicians...jackasses

What's going to happen is if a shitbox apartment gets elevated to crazy market pricing due to the owner paying more taxes the renters will just leave to a nicer unit at close to the same price where the owner is already paying current tax values.....If this goes through I see it devastating the rental and commercial property economy.

How would this effect section 8 housing?

Cdog

Reaction score
Just wait.. They will try to institute rent controls next, or other housing subsidies forcing tenants on you after this. This is how they will "solve" the "Homeless crisis"

Sadly yes. A patch work of Fuck you coming and fuck you going.....

Y'all need to get the fuck out of there. It's sinking.......

Cdog

Reaction score
And if the tenant can no longer turn a profit or afford to live in said unit they hit the streets or shut down there business.....lol

Smart play by california politicians...jackasses

What's going to happen is if a shitbox apartment gets elevated to crazy market pricing due to the owner paying more taxes the renters will just leave to a nicer unit at close to the same price where the owner is already paying current tax values.....If this goes through I see it devastating the rental and commercial property economy.

How would this effect section 8 housing?

Fist attempt will be rent control after the poors bitch scream and cry on TV. Next will be Section 8 increases and attrition. The state makes their money on the transaction either way. F u coming and fu u going....

redone76

Reaction score
My father in law owns a few commercial properties with restaurants on them. He also owns said restaurants and has for almost 40 years. Wonder how this will affect him. I know he's been thinking about selling. This fucking state is killing small businesses

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Is now a good time to announce that Team rdp just started a commercial division?

Trent Timothy (former RE Broker for the Riviera project) joined Team RDP effective Monday!

1D9FFA46-B4B3-4CA7-A45D-0FE121879C17.jpeg

All of those commercial pads at the corridor up by the 40 are now Team RDP’s listings. He can help get any businesses that wish to relocate either into an existing structure, or help build them with development from the ground up!

Just give Stacy a call @ 928-706-4200 or Trent direct @ +1 (928) 208-6250 and tell him you are an rdp member interested in learning about relocating your biz, and we will take care of the rest!

@Eliminator Boats @Dcb Rigger @Daudioexpert @gene Willen

RD

tostark

Liquid Equity
Reaction score
What if you are renting out your CA home.....will it fall under this? or still be considered residential and protected (for now)?

Cdog

Reaction score
What if you are renting out your CA home.....will it fall under this? or still be considered residential and protected (for now)?

Depends on many variables. How long have you owned it? Is it assessed at a much lower value due to P13 than CMV? If so you're on their radar. Residential will probably escape the first cut but will be next on the shopping list once the dead cat bounces from the economic hell imposed by the commercial side.

TCHB

Reaction score
Once the business is evaluated and a new value is place on it. The business would fight the number in court saying property has 50% gooodwill because of the existing business. McDonalds does this all the time and yes the power industry does the same thing.

BamBam

Reaction score
Im tired the politics and shell games they play with money in Sacramento. Our schools should be rolling in money. The Lotto was supposed to fix that. All it did was give the politicians the ability to place less and less into the school budget because the Lotto was putting money in. Then they gave all the money away to all of the people who don't work or produce and have their hands out for a freebie.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
What happened to all the lottery money for Education [emoji106]

My wife works in the grant division at Citrus College. They do get money from the lottery. But...

But the time it's split up, to every school in this state, the piece of the pie is pretty damm slim.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
This is what that libtard moron has been pushing for forever. Typical liberal logic, this makes no sense.

Hopefully this measure won't get very far.

If the repeal of the "Illegal" Gas Tax didn't pass, what makes you think the retards in this state won't go All-In for this BS? lol
Don't underestimate the liberals. Their Stupid is Strong!!!

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
If the repeal of the "Illegal" Gas Tax didn't pass, what makes you think the retards in this state won't go All-In for this BS? lol

Yes sir. You are absolutely correct.

But nobody thought Trump would win either. We can always hope!

Cole Trickle

Reaction score

Oh...it would pass just like a repeal of Prop 13 for private residences.

We live in a screw you state. I don't have it but since you earned it it's not fair.

stevesdcb

Reaction score
I had heard this was coming, straight out of the mouth of Ca. Assembly member Jim Cooper, whom I used to work with. Cooper stated that Newsom was going to go after the commercial end of Prop 13 but not the residential. To be blatantly honest..........I don't trust Coopers judgement on this issue & I certainly don't trust Newsom on anything, Fuck, I'm still waiting for the roads to get fixed.

LuauLounge

Reaction score
Just a side note, the State of CA owns millions of sq ft of commercial buildings and pays nada in property taxes. In Sacramento, it’s a huge amount, so no money for the city.

BajaMike

Reaction score
Just a side note, the State of CA owns millions of sq ft of commercial buildings and pays nada in property taxes. In Sacramento, it’s a huge amount, so no money for the city.

Yes, but the government workers in those buildings are providing millions of dollars of services to our state, thats why we don’t have any traffic problems or homeless people living on our streets. California government is wonderful!

Lavey29

Floatin Dirty
Reaction score
But but but it is for the kids.

It's for the flood of illegal immigrants who overcrowded and overwhelmed the education system in the state. Class sizes double what they should be. Half the class taught in Spanish.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

Isn't this just a shocker!!!

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score

Same as churches...lol :p

RodnJen

Reaction score
Yes @LargeOrangeFont and @rivermobster it’s time to revisit Prop 13. The talk is that it won’t be based on current assessed values but likely a higher rate on original purchase price. That could all blow up, but if proponents and opponents don’t work together, something ugly could happen.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Yes @LargeOrangeFont and @rivermobster it’s time to revisit Prop 13. The talk is that it won’t be based on current assessed values but likely a higher rate on original purchase price. That could all blow up, but if proponents and opponents don’t work together, something ugly could happen.

It WILL all blow up. We need to be giving less to government, not more.