WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

PB's tv show, "KING OF PROPS"

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Brett don't let the hazing get to you.. It's part of it.

RD

Hazing? I sense a run off. Once his political views come to light he will be even less popular. No passion for boating and supports O. :thumbsdown

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
Hazing? I sense a run off. Once his political views come to light he will be even less popular. No passion for boating and supports O. :thumbsdown

I am still on the fence deciding weather being an editor of multiple boating periodicals and not have a passion for it makes a negative difference. It just may make a better magazine in the long run but I still consider magazines and their articles one Giant Advertisement for the most part. Like the PowerBlock on TV and Truck U and Two Guys Garage. Just infomercials.

Then again I don't particularly care for repairing Condo's either but were pretty good at it. The Politics suck. Magazine's politics must double suck.

I still think their little TV spot was a cluster fuck at best.

Last edited:

Tom Brown

Epsilon contributor
Reaction score
Brett doesn't like his job? When did this revelation come out? Can someone post a link? I haven't been to PB in a long, long time. I'm still a subscriber, though.

OGShocker

Lion Hunter
Reaction score

Let's not mention his affinity for YOUNG Asian girls... I am just sayin, some of his old picture posts were down right CREEPY!

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
Hey there chief quite the explanation that goes back into the fact that you are indeed a magazine editor with no "PASSION" for boating. What that says to me is that you could care less if you are writing articles about trimming Bonsai trees and gardening or boats. I think that putting that kind of video out has now created a slippery slope where PB is concerned.

I think it's a good thing. People were always complaining that the articles were one sided and hyped to the builder. This would come from a couple of things, one is advertising dollars and two could come from a love of boats and not looking beyond that passion. I would say Brett could have been part of the checks and balances of writing articles.

Have you seen what the articles look like when there is just a passion for boating without editing experience? Looks just as sloppy but from a different direction. You have to have the yin and the yang to make the circle.

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score

Let's not mention his affinity for YOUNG Asian girls... I am just sayin, some of his old picture posts were down right CREEPY!

Damn.....now I should go back and edit my above post. Please note that it was not necessarily defending Brett as a person but his responsibility as an editor of a boating magazine.

renodaytona

Reaction score
I think it's a good thing. People were always complaining that the articles were one sided and hyped to the builder. This would come from a couple of things, one is advertising dollars and two could come from a love of boats and not looking beyond that passion. I would say Brett could have been part of the checks and balances of writing articles.

Have you seen what the articles look like when there is just a passion for boating without editing experience? Looks just as sloppy but from a different direction. You have to have the yin and the yang to make the circle.

I get your point but I still think that you have to be able to relate to and understand your clientele, in my opinion what has been stated shows the lack thereof. I subscribed to PB for a few years, as far as the online mag, I think i looked a few issues but not my cup of tea. I have several years worth of HB mags I always read, re-read and enjoyed them.

I have to say that RD's has become the go to for boating content as far as the web, lot's of interesing articles and entertainment.

TBI

Thumbless Wonder
Reaction score
charles Thumbs up.jpg

FreeBird236

Reaction score
I still get PB mag, because I'm old and like turning pages..:p

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
He supports O

Fuck that, he needs to stay. We have to stick together.

Might want to rethink that one?
I get the idea of another one for your "side", but at least do a cursory "screening" ??
Just a thought. :thumbsup

Reactions: JBS

Tom Brown

Epsilon contributor
Reaction score
Welcome to RiverDave's Place. We're a happy bunch and warmly welcome everyone! :D :thumbsup

Tom Brown

Epsilon contributor
Reaction score
Maybe we should set up a questionnaire for new members. Republicans are allowed in. Independents are banned because if they're not with us, they're against us. ... and Democrats are fed a couple of gigabites of virus and malware before a total IP address ban. :thumbsup

TBI

Thumbless Wonder
Reaction score
Maybe we should set up a questionnaire for new members. Republicans are allowed in. Independents are banned because if they're not with us, they're against us. ... and Democrats are fed a couple of gigabites of virus and malware before a total IP address ban. :thumbsup
What does politics have to do with anything?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
No to everything you said.

I asked a question. he said he has been a part of 3 Marine publications.
2 are defunct, 1 is for sale.

Lighten up Brown!:eek:):)

Brett's a big boy and I'm don't need to step out on that ledge.. But with the economical climate, 86% of the marine industry folded up tents.. And the story on the 3 publications is a little deeper then that, as he left one to start another with Chris, and then HB imploded.. etc..

He supports O? Lynch him for all I care then.> :D

Looks about like every article on the front page of RDP for the last couple years.. :D I'm getting better though. :D

I still get PB mag, because I'm old and like turning pages..:p

I like turning pages too, but I have my doubts on whether anymore will be around after this next issue (in print anyways). I've heard that if it doesn't sell it will continue business as usual though.

RD