WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Not a Fan

ROC

lets have a beer
Reaction score
My Facebook friends share the sentiment. I haven't seen it.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
The Mountain Dew equestrian pre game commercial was great.

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
:thumbsdown

Complete BS. I do not drink caffeine but I will not be buying sprite.

McRib

aka HWlaser23, "B" team member
Reaction score
I said the same thing! That commercial actually pissed me off! That song should have never been sung in any other language than english!!

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
Even though it pissed me off I'd still never switch to pepsi. Lol. Pepsi is nasty!!

Yes, Pepsi is nasty, but I'm diet Mountain Dew drinker. If that's not available I'll do diet coke, but now I might just have water instead to spite coke.

ultra26shadow

Reaction score
This buds for you! Now this a commercial! Thank god I'm a proud supporter of Budweiser:D awesome job Budweiser thank god I don't have to switch to Coors:p

Last edited by a moderator:

McRib

aka HWlaser23, "B" team member
Reaction score
Facebookers are letting coca cola know what they thought on coca colas page.

Boschma

Wish I was at the River
Reaction score
Great Job Coke! How did they think that would go?:thumbsdown

CampbellCarl

Reaction score
More 'diversity' being shoved down our throats.....

How simply cool it would have been to do the exact same thing with each 'diverse' nationality singing the song in English (even with their own accents)

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
When it was over we all just looked at each other and said WTF????

From my POS T-mobile thingie

LakeTrash

Reaction score
Nice to see I was not the only one who was offended.

Hard to believe Coke's brass could be stupid enough to let that air. Pepsi, here I come.

LT

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Pretty much feeling the same, it was bullcrap...:thumbsdown

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Of that Coca Cola commercial. ... at all. ..:thumbdown:

That commercial made me feel bad. Really sucked.

[video=youtube;A8iM73E6JP8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8iM73E6JP8[/video]

Last edited:

milkmoney

Reaction score
Fuck coke. I am banning buying any coke products.

America is dissipating right in front of our eyes. :(

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
It's all about money and sales worldwide.....Coke is a worldwide company, we get it.

America is the USA and we speak English proudly to be citizens of this great nation. Millions of immigrants have earned their citizenship along with learning English to be proud citizens of the USA. Even native American Indians learned English. The Liberal politically correct idiots won't allow English to be the official language, but the real Americans, no matter their former home accept it as such and speak it with pride.

Wake up Coke and realize your heritage and don't insult the pride of Americans. The Lady in the harbor welcomes all, but she asks respect of the great nation being sought out as a new beginning.

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
America is dissipating right in front of our eyes. :(

I'm not so sure......The reaction is very strong. Coke is getting beat up pretty good by a great many who feel wronged. I'm pretty proud to see so many stand up. We ain't dead yet!;)

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
Even Small World at Disneyland is sung in English (oh, the humanity!).

Ms.Havasu

Mr.Havasu's Main Squeeze!
Reaction score
I was sitting in a bar in Laughlin (after Bowling party) at the end of the POS commercial No one was saying anything until I said " And that's why I drink Pepsi". That started the ball rolling. Most were afraid to say anything. What a bunch of whipped politically correct pussy we have become.

I will not support coke in anyway from here on out.

boater250s

Reaction score
First of all, I didn't like the commercial at all, however with BIG business Corporate America, they all have separate agendas and being creative enough to capture your attention! They did the same thing years ago with a better song, "I'd like to Teach the world to Sing"!! Bottom line, I'm still going to drink a Coke!

RodnJen

Reaction score
I thought it was a great commercial, one of the few.

IN AWE

I'm surounded by assholes
Reaction score
I turned the volume to mute within seconds of the foreign language. Fuck Coke.

Starloans

Reaction score
MSNBC saying this morning that Coke is getting slammed on Twitter and "they can't understand why". :rolleyes

I'm a small business owner and I'm just afraid to say anything one way or the other about any political topic, even on here. It shouldn't be that way.

So I'll stick with the safe topics......Boobs, Boats and beer. :skull ;) :eek:boobeyes:

Buoy

Cynical Sarcastic F-er
Reaction score
I think that this a song that should only be sung in English.

But, for all you that want to boycott Coke over it... What are your feelings on all the products that have been using Spanish advertising for yrs?

IN AWE

I'm surounded by assholes
Reaction score
MSNBC saying this morning that Coke is getting slammed on Twitter and "they can't understand why". :rolleyes

I'm a small business owner and I'm just afraid to say anything one way or the other about any political topic, even on here. It shouldn't be that way.

So I'll stick with the safe topics......Boobs, Boats and beer. :skull ;) :eek:boobeyes:

I agree as a small business owner and usually don't chime in on politically correct shit, but this is RDP, I let it all hang out. Fuck Coke.

Roosevelt said it best,

"We should insist that if the immigrant who comes here does in good faith become an

American and assimilates himself to us he shall be treated on an exact equality with every one else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed or birth-place or origin.

But this is predicated upon the man's becoming in very fact an American and nothing but an American. If he tries to keep segregated with men of his own origin and separated from the rest of America, then he isn't doing his part as an American. There can be no divided allegiance here. . . We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language, for we intend to see that the crucible turns our people out as Americans, of American nationality, and not as dwellers in a polyglot boarding-house; and we have room for but one soul loyalty, and that is loyalty to the American people". -Theodore Roosevelt

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score

Conversely, I scream it from the rooftops in an effort to make sure I NEVER do business with any asshole leftist traitorous pieces of shit.

I think Coke jumped on a bandwagon that is slowing down, and in effect brought to light a trend of reversing the PC landslide, as compared to just a couple years ago.
It is a good thing to see how people are responding. The more things that make us unite and say "Enough is enough" the better off we will be.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I think that this a song that should only be sung in English.

But, for all you that want to boycott Coke over it... What are your feelings on all the products that have been using Spanish advertising for yrs?

My feeling is I buy Mexican cokes in the bottle because they taste better..

stokernick

Reaction score
I liked the Heinz ''If your happy'' best with the betty white look alike gassin'!!!:rolleyes:yikes:thumbup::eek

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
You know, if the song was sung in English there would be no backlash - it would be all cultures in America coming together and Coke could put themselves in the middle. But no! They went the other route and now it's going to cost them.

milkmoney

Reaction score
I'm not so sure......The reaction is very strong. Coke is getting beat up pretty good by a great many who feel wronged. I'm pretty proud to see so many stand up. We ain't dead yet!;)

Lol ya they might get beat up but nothing will come of it. On the dead part. Ok ok it's a slow death. :)

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Reported their Twitter page has blown up with complaints and they don't understand why.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
You know, if the song was sung in English there would be no backlash - it would be all cultures in America coming together and Coke could put themselves in the middle. But no! They went the other route and now it's going to cost them.

The whole idea of assimilation has gone by the wayside.

I blame '86 and Jayboat. :eek:D:D:thumbsup

The rest of the libs are too stupid to have planned it!:eek:P:p

Does make one wonder if ANY research was done by Coke advertising execs before dumping 4-8 million bucks on the SB spot?

Heads are surely rolling today??

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Reported their Twitter page has blown up with complaints and they don't understand why.

I can't read any of your posts.....the sig has me mesmerized.....

boater250s

Reaction score
So you go to and eating establishment, say like In-n-Out burgers, they serve Coke! So no more In-n-Out??? People make me laugh! This will all be over and forgotten by the end of the week!

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
So you go to and eating establishment, say like In-n-Out burgers, they serve Coke! So no more In-n-Out??? People make me laugh! This will all be over and forgotten by the end of the week!

Agreed, but we will justify it after the big press release and firings that are sure to follow.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score

Coke cares very much. They are so massive that a 1% dip would be a huge hit to the bottom line and would be felt further where it really counts... Wall Street.

I suspect that Coke will issue some sort of an apology or retraction at some point this week. Once they do that I agree that this will blow over.