WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Not a Fan

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
So you go to and eating establishment, say like In-n-Out burgers, they serve Coke! So no more In-n-Out??? People make me laugh! This will all be over and forgotten by the end of the week!

I agree much of the hoopla will blow over in short time but I also believe when confronted with a consumer choice they will silently remember the ad and choose accordingly.

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
Per GLAAD: The Coke commercial is the first time that a gay family has been included in a Super Bowl ad. :gayfight

STV_Keith

Reaction score
I think that this a song that should only be sung in English.
But, for all you that want to boycott Coke over it... What are your feelings on all the products that have been using Spanish advertising for yrs?

Advertise in Spanish in other countries or Spanish channels all you want, but when you put a commercial in probably the most widely watched American show in America, it needs to be in English.

So you go to and eating establishment, say like In-n-Out burgers, they serve Coke! So no more In-n-Out??? People make me laugh! This will all be over and forgotten by the end of the week!

Not going to boycott whole establishments, but it's easy enough to order water or iced tea if they only have Coke products.

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
Wow...just saw that for the first time. Sure did miss the mark. :thumbsdown

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Of that Coca Cola commercial. ... at all. ..:thumbdown:

How about this one. 1971. :p

[video=youtube;ib-Qiyklq-Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ib-Qiyklq-Q[/video]

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score

CampbellCarl

Reaction score
How about this one. 1971. :p

[video=youtube;ib-Qiyklq-Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ib-Qiyklq-Q[/video]

I did notice that the 1971 ad was all done in ENGLISH!.......yesterday's should have been as well...

Wavemaker

Reaction score
If enough Super Bowl viewers send emails or letters of complaint, and Facebook messages regarding their dislike of the Super Bowl commercial directed to Coca-Cola's CEO and their Advertising Department they will get the message loud and clear and likely change their advertising. Some people will even sell their shares of Coca-Cola stocks (if they still make a profit on their holdings), over this issue. Watch and see if the share prices fell today and if they continue to drop over the next few days.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
If enough Super Bowl viewers send emails or letters of complaint, and Facebook messages regarding their dislike of the Super Bowl commercial directed to Coca-Cola's CEO and their Advertising Department they will get the message loud and clear and likely change their advertising. Some people will even sell their shares of Coca-Cola stocks (if they still make a profit on their holdings), over this issue. Watch and see if the share prices fell today and if they continue to drop over the next few days.

It will be interesting to see if this commercial will be played during the Olympics as planned.

Here is one of my favorites. :p

[video=youtube;xffOCZYX6F8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xffOCZYX6F8[/video]

Director...
Reaction score
Just reported about "Cokes disturbing" Super bowl ad on the local news...Coke is based here....could not be reached for comment.

STV_Keith

Reaction score
Coke stocks dropped 3.66% Monday, but have come back .77% so far today.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Thatd a huge hit for them

It sure is. Especially considering it is very well the result of spending appr. 4 million just for the airtime, not counting add construction.
It's supposed to have the opposite effect.

A disaster of epic proportions in the advertising world.
Any reports of firings yet?

This is the stuff that ends careers.

Plus it gives insight into the possible leanings of the corporation as far as politics go.

Sucks for me because I hate Pepsi products.

So I guess pop is out for me altogether now.
Can't drink Pepsi with the Obama logo, can't drink coke because they cater to a PC world.

Water it is.

brgrcru

Reaction score
It sure is. Especially considering it is very well the result of spending appr. 4 million just for the airtime, not counting add construction.
It's supposed to have the opposite effect.

A disaster of epic proportions in the advertising world.
Any reports of firings yet?

This is the stuff that ends careers.

Plus it gives insight into the possible leanings of the corporation as far as politics go.

Can't drink Pepsi with the Obama logo, can't drink coke because they cater to a PC world.
Water it is.[/QUOTE

I changed from Pepsi to coke because of Pepsi's stupid "o" label. now what not offer soda to my customers. I will stick with coke. I agree should of been done in English, but singing how beautiful America is in other languages sounds ok to me. Just not in our country.

RodnJen

Reaction score
S&P was down 2.28% yesterday and up 0.76% today. In context, not so big of hit really.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score

Water it is.

Better be tap water cause Coca Cola owns several bottle water companies also. :D

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
Smells like a Klan meeting up in this mofo. :D

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
In any of those foreign countries represented, if Coke played a commercial singing their nation anthem in English you'd see riots and Coke delivery trucks over-turned and burned, stores selling Coke looted.

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
Better be tap water cause Coca Cola owns several bottle water companies also. :D

Well if you want to support a local business drink Fiji water. Roll International - privately held and owned based right here in LA. Yes the water really comes from Fiji.

BajaT

Reaction score
Taking a page from the Democrats! Worked for them and will continue to work for them (immigration stance). Pisses off a few but tap into large group and come out ahead...:thumbsdown

RodnJen

Reaction score
In any of those foreign countries represented, if Coke played a commercial singing their nation anthem in English you'd see riots and Coke delivery trucks over-turned and burned, stores selling Coke looted.

I would agree with you except it wasn't thier national anthem.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

Not our national anthem? Although it does invoke a lot of pride, as a citizen so I see where you are coming from.

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
OK, the commercial sucked and it should have been done in English. Here is my take. If you are an immigrant, you left your country. You left it because it sucked. Maybe there was no work, no food, religious reasons, political reasons, for what ever reason you left because it sucked. Civil war, war with neighboring countries, drug lords shooting the place up or if you are from Canada it just sucked:D Now you come to the good ole USA that takes you in because remember your country sucked with those guerrillas trying to take over. Do not try to make this country like the country you left because it sucked. I can understand traditions but, well in the early years of this country we all left a country that well sucked:D but we didn't try to make this one like that one we left we made it a place we wanted to be. Stop trying to make this a place that sucks;)

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
OK, the commercial sucked and it should have been done in English. Here is my take. If you are an immigrant, you left your country. You left it because it sucked. Maybe there was no work, no food, religious reasons, political reasons, for what ever reason you left because it sucked. Civil war, war with neighboring countries, drug lords shooting the place up or if you are from Canada it just sucked:D Now you come to the good ole USA that takes you in because remember your country sucked with those guerrillas trying to take over. Do not try to make this country like the country you left because it sucked. I can understand traditions but, well in the early years of this country we all left a country that well sucked:D but we didn't try to make this one like that one we left we made it a place we wanted to be. Stop trying to make this a place that sucks;)

Soooo....You didn't have a problem with the male gay couple skating with their young kid in the video. :p English only was the problem.. :D