WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

My son’s last journey

callbob

semi flaccid member
Reaction score
From someone who has lost a son 20 years ago when he was 28, I feel your pain. You have my deepest condolences and wish you the best. We are not supposed to outlive our children. Godspeed and RIP to your son.

yard dog

Reaction score
Just to follow up on the out come on the Organ donations , the care team call us this afternoon and inform us that his lungs, liver, kidneys and eyes were all harvested and used throughout United States and will -notify us in couple months what ages the above organs were donated too ! The heart was damaged because of he went into Cardiac rest at home on Wednesday then placed on life support then it was determined he was brain dead from lack of oxygen to the brain .

Last edited:

rrrr

Reaction score
My heart is breaking for you and your family. It's my sincerest hope the pain eventually lessens and the good memories remain.

Perhaps the words of Roman statesman Cicero will be of some comfort:

The life given us, by nature is short; but the memory of a well-spent life is eternal.

Marcus Tullius Cicero

NIKAL

Reaction score
I cannot begin to imagine your pain, but you and your family are in my prayers. I hope knowing that his life was not in vain, as his unselfish act of donating, is saving the lives of others. I hope you get to meet those who now live on because of your son. God bless and I hope you feel the presence of the Lord around you & your family in this time of need.

JB in so cal

Reaction score
I can't fathom your agony and sadness. Godspeed to your son

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
I have no words… i’m very sorry for your families devastating loss.

Blue Oval

Reaction score
Sorry for your loss. Hats off to your son for saving other people waiting for an organ.

ridebig

Reaction score
Unbelievable, I played golf with my son today and this really hits home. I can’t imagine the grief you must feel. So many prayers coming your way. 🙏🏻

Jefftowz

Formerly Old School Ultra
Reaction score
I am so sorry for your loss. Yesterday my best friend received a liver transplant (he had liver cancer) from someone like your son who paid the ultimate price. Just remember your son changed lives with his passing. May his memory live forever.

Singleton

Reaction score
RIP.
Thoughts with your family and friends

Bullet28

Nor Cal Delta
Reaction score
May your Son Rest In Peace, I’m so very sorry to hear of your loss may God's Blessings be with you, your family and his friends. 🙏🏻

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
I'm so very sorry for your loss... Thinking about you and your family.

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
I am so sorry.
When a young man is in the prime of his life . . . life itself seems to be so positive, strong, and moving in the right direction.
It was 2 years ago Aug. 15th that I lost my twin nephews in a small plane crash.
One was an Engineer up for a Captain promotion w/ Bend Fire in Oregon.
The other was an artist, who could also build & create just about anything . . . they were 38.
Taken way too early and in the prime of their lives.
I still have not come up with words for my Sister / Brother in Law (their parents) or their Sister . . . . there's simply nothing that can be said.
I pray your family, friends, and co-workers find some sort of peace, and may his soul & legacy live on forever.
Again, I am so very sorry.

Socalx09

Reaction score
I’m so very sorry for your loss. Your family is in my prayers.

Dannyo

Reaction score
Prayers sir. Have 2 sons so this hits home. One is in the army.

MPHSystems

Hallett 240
Reaction score
We have a 19 year old, I can’t imagine

you raised a hero

whiteworks

Custom Shutters by WhiteWorks
Reaction score
Very sorry for your loss, organ donors gift the gift of life, sometimes multiple gifts of life.

My buddy Bob was the recipient of a heart transplant 15 years ago, you can know that your son’s gift is immeasurable with a huge significant impact.

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm so sorry to read this. I am just so very, very sorry for your loss.

brianwhiteboy

Professional Lurker
Reaction score
Unbelievable. Words cannot describe the sadness the RDP family feels. Your son is a true hero.

You are in our thoughts and prayers, Yard Dog 🙏

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
… Such a very sad deal, indeed…RIP to your beloved son…

Raffit78

Reaction score
So tragic, so sorry for your loss, if there is anything I/we can do to help. Please let us know. We can start a donation. I don't know his story, if he was married, or lived at home. If there is anything we can do. If you just need to talk. 909-262-6811. I simply cannot imagine going through this having young kids of my own. My condolences to you and your family. May God Bless you. You are in our prayers

lenmann

Reaction score
Godspeed to your son. My thoughts are with you and your family.

As someone who has also lost a child far too soon I will say the memory of your son and this day will never leave you. Despite the pain of loss you can and will find a way through what I believe to be the darkest of all human experience. Hold close your best memories of your son and, despite the pain, know that he would want you to continue on and live your best possible life.

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I’m heart broken for you.. I have no words at the present time.

You are in my heart tonight..

RD

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Sitting in tears reading your post. So saddened of your loss but to think that your son helped many families continue their path. Thank you for sharing…your son is a true warrior. Thank you for all that your family has given.

Bajap1

Reaction score
Im so so sorry for your loss, my heart goes out to you and your family! 🙏

TBulger

Reaction score
So sorry for your loss, he was a true hero, may he rest in peace. I’m sure he was a wonderful young man, way too early to pass.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
So sorry for your loss. RIP

X Hoser

Reaction score
RIP my Brother. My son worked for Ft Mohave FD many years ago so that department holds a special spot in our hearts. So sorry for your loss. Many Prayers for you and your family 🙏🙏🙏

rush1

Reaction score
Prayers to you and your family. so sorry for your loss.

brgrcru

Reaction score
I could not imagine the pain .
I’m so sorry for your loss.
God speed to your wonderful young man .
Way to young

Take care . Not going to be easy.
Just time .
All the best to you and family
So sad!

FCT

Reaction score
I can’t even imagine 😢 condolences to you and your family sir. Absolutely horrible

rrrr

Reaction score
I am so sorry.
When a young man is in the prime of his life . . . life itself seems to be so positive, strong, and moving in the right direction.
It was 2 years ago Aug. 15th that I lost my twin nephews in a small plane crash.
One was an Engineer up for a Captain promotion w/ Bend Fire in Oregon.
The other was an artist, who could also build & create just about anything . . . they were 38.
Taken way too early and in the prime of their lives.
I still have not come up with words for my Sister / Brother in Law (their parents) or their Sister . . . . there's simply nothing that can be said.
I pray your family, friends, and co-workers find some sort of peace, and may his soul & legacy live on forever.
Again, I am so very sorry.
I remember when Daniel and Mark passed. Like yard dog's son, they were young men that were loved and respected. I hope the pain caused by their loss has subsided somewhat.

sunsoaker8

Reaction score
Very sorry for your loss. Comforting prayers to you and your family...

Warlock1

Reaction score
I can't even imagine what you and your family are going through. Just know that you raised a hero that positively impacted people in ways that were immeasurable. By donating his organs he will continually be able to impact people in a positive manner. You will be in my prayers.

RadMan

Throbbing Member
Reaction score
My sincerest condolences to you and your son’s loved ones. Not only has he changed many lives through his donation directly, his strong decision will lead others to follow that may not as of yet. I admire his choice especially at such an age when we all think we can last forever.

May he rest in peace.

25Elmn8r

Reaction score
I have no words...

So sorry for your loss and may he rest in peace!

MissB

The Asset..
Reaction score
no words, my heart hurts for you. Momma of a FF and I work for a dept.... I'm so sorry for your loss.

Riverhound 2.0

Reaction score
My heart breaks for you and your family. Organ donation is not an easy decision for a young person, which leads me to believe he was a person of high character and a serving spirit. Rest easy!