WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Manafort Bets

530RL

Reaction score
I honestly have no opinion on Manafort personally as I really think it's between him and the court system getting it right. If he walks, he's either innocent or the prosecution didn't do their job.

If he's guilty and the prosecution blows it, I'm pissed off at the feds. If he's innocent, I'm pissed at the feds for producing this huge to do of a witch hunt.

So as you can see, to me it's all about the nonsense in our federal government more than an individual. Make sense?

Manafort is more a distraction than anything. This whole deal is a clusterfuck that should have never happened if our establishment was honest and doing their job. The media has sensationalized the hate Trump agenda and the establishment is scared shitless of Trump ending their runaway rape of America. Putting Manafort on trial to such circus proportions is sole based on them trying to tie Trump into something illegal. That is the game we need to fear, not a tax cheat getting away with something.

Isn't a tax cheat establishment guy like Manafort, one that worked for multiple past RINO Presidents, the exact definition of "their runaway rape of America"?

thetub

Reaction score
Isn't a tax cheat establishment guy like Manafort, one that worked for multiple past RINO Presidents, the exact definition of "their runaway rape of America"?

so why bust him now?

why not back then?
simple question simple answer. no pretzelizing

530RL

Reaction score
so why bust him now?

why not back then?
simple question simple answer. no pretzelizing

Fair question.

The answer is that when one sticks their head out of the foxhole, one is likely to be shot at.

That is how it has always been, and always will be. You go into politics, you become Chairman of a Presidential campaign, you engage in any type of leadership, or you publicly try to help your fellow man, you better not have any skeletal history because the opposition is coming for you. If you have something to hide, don't stick your head out of a foxhole.

That is simply a fact of life since the beginning of man. That is not a pretzel, that is the reality of life.

And to think otherwise is just plain stupid. And you know what they say about stupid....... :)

Last edited:

thetub

Reaction score
Fair question.

The answer is that when one sticks their head out of the foxhole, one is likely to be shot at.

That is how it has always been, and always will be. You go into politics, you become Chairman of a Presidential campaign, you engage in any type of leadership, or you publicly try to help your fellow man, you better not have any skeletal history because the opposition is coming for you. If you have something to hide, don't stick your head out of a foxhole.

That is simply a fact of life since the beginning of man. That is not a pretzel, that is the reality of life.

And to think otherwise is just plain stupid. And you know what they say about stupid....... :)

Handsome is as handsome does

500bbc

Reaction score

Sharpton lover...

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score
Spoken like a true double talking counsel.

Some here may not see you are full of shit, but most do! ;)

The end game isn’t about taxes pretzel, but you and your infinite wisdom knew that already. :rolleyes:
https://m.imgur.com/gallery/itXAlKu

The pretzel never stops.

Rotor Wash makes pretzels, thinks he's a pastry chef. LOL

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
Define him as you will, but focus the blame for folks like him being enabled by the "establishment" heroes you defend.....Your state has 2 Senators that fight changes to get rid of the ability to abuse the political system and enable these professional political advisors to operate.

Flake ain't no Goldwater and McCain ain't no friend of the common citizen. Deal with their ineptitudes and guys like Manafort won't be able to function.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score

Old Texan

Reaction score
Just a reminder, McCain's office conspired with the Obama IRS to weaponize the agency for political gain, targeting conservative 501c(3)'s that posed a threat to him, to "“audit so many that it becomes financially ruinous.”"

https://www.westernjournal.com/ct/lois-lerner-irs-mccain-tea-party/

:p
Oh I'm well aware. The lady and her husband that had their machine shop inundated with OSHA and other agencies plus the IRS audits is 30 minutes from me in Rosenberg, TX, was the prime case of this injustice and abuse of power.

LL and others should spend time in jail over the whole deal. McCain has no shame whatsoever and this was all before Trump was even a consideration.....

84miller

Reaction score
He should walk, as these charges were looked into 10 years ago and dropped. Keep in mind, Trump has never met Maniford. Maniford was just hired to set up the GOP race, which he has done for prior candidates.

Old Texan

Reaction score
He should walk, as these charges were looked into 10 years ago and dropped. Keep in mind, Trump has never met Maniford. Maniford was just hired to set up the GOP race, which he has done for prior candidates.
So they didn't fly helicopters together or walk on water?:eek::eek::rolleyes:

530RL

Reaction score

Five of the charges relate to Manafort filing false tax returns in the years 2010 - 2014. These tax returns would have been due beginning in January - October of the following years meaning filing dates in 2011 - 2015. To argue that "these charges were looked into 10 years ago" for a tax return filed as late as October of 2015, less than three years ago, is interesting.

With respect to the claim that "Trump has never met Maniford (sic)", that statement defies the hundreds of pictures showing Manafort and Trump together as well as public statements of Trump himself.

paul-manafort-donald-trumpcampaign.jpg

However, welcome to the P&G. You will fit right in.

P.S. Have you heard that most Trump supporters think Michelle Obama has a penis...... :)

Old Texan

Reaction score
In case you didn't catch it 84, you've just been insulted.....But do not fret, you're in far better company among the rest of us deplorables

530RL

Reaction score
In case you didn't catch it 84, you've just been insulted.....But do not fret, you're in far better company among the rest of us deplorables

84Miller,

It was in no way an insult. Welcome to P&G.

There are a few guys in here with their panties in a wad. I mainly just poke them with a stick. :)

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
Hi 84, my name is Jeff. I'm a whore that Trump put the screws to. If I had any balls, I would have run for re-election, but I don't. :(

Welcome.

Flake waving .gif

Oh BTW, 530 used to wash em when they were worth something.

Last edited:

MSum661

Reaction score
Five of the charges relate to Manafort filing false tax returns in the years 2010 - 2014. These tax returns would have been due beginning in January - October of the following years meaning filing dates in 2011 - 2015. To argue that "these charges were looked into 10 years ago" for a tax return filed as late as October of 2015, less than three years ago, is interesting.

With respect to the claim that "Trump has never met Maniford (sic)", that statement defies the hundreds of pictures showing Manafort and Trump together as well as public statements of Trump himself.

View attachment 675181

P.S. Have you heard that most Trump supporters think Michelle Obama has a penis...... :)

Gates guilty plea about giving false and misleading information to the special counsels office and getting called out about that fact in front of the jury by the defense is epic.

Carry on.

530RL

Reaction score
Gates guilty plea about giving false and misleading information to the special counsels office and getting called out about that fact in front of the jury by the defense is epic.

Carry on.

If you are trying a pimp, the government's star witnesses are prostitutes and johns, if you are trying a drug kingpin, the government's star witnesses are drug dealers and drug users.

So naturally if you are trying someone for conspiracy to commit bank fraud, tax evasion and lying to the government, the prosecution's star witness is going to be a co-conspirator who committed bank fraud, tax evasion and lied to the government.

Let's hope he is innocent, no one should have to pay taxes if they can set up foreign accounts. :)

MSum661

Reaction score
If you are trying a pimp, the government's star witnesses are prostitutes and johns, if you are trying a drug kingpin, the government's star witnesses are drug dealers and drug users.

So naturally if you are trying someone for conspiracy to commit bank fraud, tax evasion and lying to the government, the prosecution's star witness is going to be a co-conspirator who committed bank fraud, tax evasion and lied to the government.

O.k, whatever.
But, the jury is left digesting the fact that Gates is a blatant Liar, which He admits that He is,
and since He is a special counsel witness......it also comes across that as a witness He was prepped to testify in favor of the counsel
which again He failed at when challenged by the defense in front of the Jury.
That was a disaster, JMO.

Oh....and BTW...that would be perjury.

Last edited:

530RL

Reaction score
O.k, whatever.
But, the jury is left digesting the fact that Gates is a blatant Liar, which He admits that He is,
and since He is a special counsel witness......it also comes across that as a witness He was prepped to testify in favor of the counsel
which again He failed at when challenged by the defense in front of the Jury.
That was a disaster, JMO.

Oh....and BTW...that would be perjury.

So you are taking not guilty on all 18 counts for a Benjamin? :)

MSum661

Reaction score
Anyone who is watching the disembowelment of our DOJ over the last year, would have to be a base moron to take any bet pertaining to the outcome of any trial.

Maybe the conversation should steer towards the question asked....."Define Reasonable Doubt".
Lmao.

500bbc

Reaction score

Let's hope he is innocent, no one should have to pay taxes if they can set up foreign accounts. :)
Geithner lover...

530RL

Reaction score
Are you implying guilty on all 18 counts? :D

No,

I don't think he is guilty on several of the bank fraud charges. You can't defraud a bank whose boss over-rides the loan committee who declined the loan in the hopes of getting a cushy appointment from Trump. I don't think Manafort is guilty of bank fraud there, I think the boss is guilty of a bunch of things under federal banking law for loaning federally insured deposits for a loan outside of guidelines in an attempt to get a cushy personal appointment.

But even if they get a hung jury here, there is another trial in three weeks with another slew of felonies.

MSum661

Reaction score
No,

I don't think he is guilty on several of the bank fraud charges. You can't defraud a bank whose boss over-rides the loan committee who declined the loan in the hopes of getting a cushy appointment from Trump. I don't think Manafort is guilty of bank fraud there, I think the boss is guilty of a bunch of things under federal banking law for loaning federally insured deposits for a loan outside of guidelines in an attempt to get a cushy personal appointment.

But even if they get a hung jury here, there is another trial in three weeks with another slew of felonies.

Are you referring to the Federal Savings Bank loan for $9.5 Mil.?

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score

:)

Stick to what you know.
Depositions to line your pockets.

Because you obviously haven’t a clue about “Star witnesses” concerning criminal vice cases.

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
At this time CNN news is totally unreliable.First news was guilty on 1 count,a few minutes later reporting 8 counts guilty.
Gotta say CNN has covered the in court room proceedings accurate as possible,biased,but accurate.Reporter seems to be wadded up today.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...-trial-mistrial-declared-on-other-counts.html

A federal jury in Virginia convicted former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort on eight counts related to bank and tax fraud, making him the first campaign associate of President Trump found guilty by a jury as part of Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s probe.

But in a note passed to Judge T.S. Ellis III on Tuesday afternoon, the jury said it could not come to a decision on the ten other counts. A mistrial was declared on those counts.

Reaction score
Guilty on 8 of the most serious counts. Manafort at 69 is done.

Like losing your job 2 days before you're eligible for a pension.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
All of these articles yet i can't find a single one that breaks down the charges and convictions one by one... Closest i saw was 5 counts of tax fraud, 1 count of hiding foreign bank account, and 2 counts of bank fraud were the convictions. It would be interesting to see the difference circumstances that led to a unanimous decision vs a hung decision on a count by count basis, considering he got convicted on basically the entire range of charges, and not a single group of them.

MSum661

Reaction score
All of these articles yet i can't find a single one that breaks down the charges and convictions one by one... Closest i saw was 5 counts of tax fraud, 1 count of hiding foreign bank account, and 2 counts of bank fraud were the convictions. It would be interesting to see the difference circumstances that led to a unanimous decision vs a hung decision on a count by count basis, considering he got convicted on basically the entire range of charges, and not a single group of them.

no verdict for 10 of the 18 leaves the door wide open for a guaranteed appeal.
The defense called in no witnesses, so its possible they planned to see what the jury would decide on then come back with
witnesses for the next round. That could change things bigly.

wallnutz

Reaction score
Guilty on 8 of the most serious counts. Manafort at 69 is done.

Like losing your job 2 days before you're eligible for a pension.
What, did that happen to you? Oh ya that’s right it happened to somebody that deserved it.:rolleyes:

Reaction score
Who cares?

I do, when there is not enough money to go around for everyone. What is the amount he cheated the till? I heard $60M.

If someone stole $60k from your operating budget, and you later learned it was used to upgrade some low level flunkies backyard pool, more then likely you'd want your money back plus interest. On top of that, if he was a trusted member among the current political party in the WH, you have to set an example.

I remember Martha Stewart getting 5 months in prison for sell $230k in stock, after receiving an insider tip. She seemed so innocent...;)

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score

View attachment 675181

Prove she/he/it doesnt. You can't can you?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
I do, when there is not enough money to go around for everyone. What is the amount he cheated the till? I heard $60M.

If someone stole $60k from your operating budget, and you later learned it was used to upgrade some low level flunkies backyard pool, more then likely you'd want your money back plus interest. On top of that, if he was a trusted member among the current political party in the WH, you have to set an example.

I remember Martha Stewart getting 5 months in prison for sell $230k in stock, after receiving an insider tip. She seemed so innocent...;)

That's right.....................lock his ass up. We know Trump gets your panties in a bunch and your reemergence was curious timing.

He is one of many scumbags that need to be, but Paul has absolutely NOTHING to do with the President, unless you listen to fake news.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score

Martha Stewart did not go to jail for insider trading, iirc the entirety of her trial was for 'process crimes', mainly making a false statement(s) to the FBI. Which is as simple as you tell the investigator something, they find someone else that says otherwise, you can now be charged with making a false statement.

530RL

Reaction score

There were 5 charges of tax fraud, one for each of the years 2010 - 2014. All guilty.

There were 4, in simple words failure to disclose foreign accounts, of which there was one conviction.

There were 9 counts of Bank Fraud which ran the gamut in the indictment for a lot of things as defrauding a federally insured institution is a wide morass. Of those he was convicted of 2.

He will appeal, but the five false tax filings were pretty cut and dry.

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
There were 5 charges of tax fraud, one for each of the years 2010 - 2014. All guilty.

There were 4, in simple words failure to disclose foreign accounts, of which there was one conviction.

There were 9 counts of Bank Fraud which ran the gamut in the indictment for a lot of things as defrauding a federally insured institution is a wide morass. Of those he was convicted of 2.

He was a greedy ass whore who got caught, FUCK him.

It would be nice to round up another million just like him and someday we will.

thetub

Reaction score
thats what there supposed to do. bust all the pimps.

of course not if the pimps pimping you.

Angler

Tritoon Racing
Reaction score

I don't think he'll appeal. He will get his ass kicked in the next trial too, hoping Trump gives him a pardon. Let him rot...

530RL

Reaction score
I don't think he'll appeal. He will get his ass kicked in the next trial too, hoping Trump gives him a pardon. Let him rot...

His next case starts in three weeks. Mueller is baked.

I hope Trump pardons him before the next trial and the mid-terms.

MSum661

Reaction score

Of course you do! ;)
But there's no Pardon hurry, if any, with all the static in the air. Trump will let it ride.

Next!

Old Texan

Reaction score

Why would Trump pardon the guy? He fired his ass early on when he found out what a sleaze bag he was ......

Another wishful thinking hater disappointed.:rolleyes:

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score

You are assuming President Trump is less intelligent than yourself.

I believe that, as always, he is 3 steps ahead.....:D

MAGA Bitches!

MSum661

Reaction score
You are assuming President Trump is less intelligent than yourself.

I believe that, as always, he is 3 steps ahead.....:D

MAGA Bitches!

Only 3 steps ahead?
Lol.......just a wild guess....Trump achieved more in the last 30 days that He did in a year.

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
He lasted only five months, three of them as campaign chairman. When The New York Times revealed that a ledger found by Ukrainian investigators had listed $12.7 million in off-the-books cash payments toMr. Manafort’s firm, one former campaign aide said that Mr. Trump was enraged. But another articledetailing how Mr. Manafort and others were begging Mr. Trump to stop picking public fights equally angered Mr. Trump. When Jared Kushner, the president’s son-in-law, told Mr. Manafort he was out, Mr. Trump was barely speaking to him.
QUOTE:NEW YORK TIMES:RISE & FALL PAUL MANAFORT

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
I'm sure the Podesta Group will be referred by Mueller and his goons also......................................for their dirty Ukrainian money!!!!

LMAO hand over mouth .gif

Blatant corruption by our DOJ if they're not. Either way, this shit is going to be epic. :)

tenor.gif