WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Less political signage?

arch stanton

Reaction score
Driving around north San Diego county I have not seen very many Trump or Harris signs in fact none for congress either only a few other issues
There are many fences i go past that have been covered in political signage during past election years that are bare this year
What are you seeing?

whiteworks

Custom Shutters by WhiteWorks
Reaction score
For sure way less, local corners that are usually plastered are almost bare. There are a few Trumped out houses in my neighborhood, like 20 yard signs, weird flags, all that stuff, those folks are triggered and all spun out on this stuff LOL.

Big local issue here is a 1 cent increase in sales tax, will bring in another $20M for the city to piss off on dumb shit, the local politicians are salivating at the thought of getting their dick skinners on those funds, it won’t get passed, they try every time with no luck as public trust is not there based on past performance of fail 😂

I assume most people are like me and just don’t give a shit to expend any extra effort on that sort of thing, are burned out, and no longer care. I’ll show up for 15 minutes on Election Day and vote, but after that I’m checking back out.

All politicians are scum, May start out okay and trying to do right but quickly get consumed and become part of the problem they thought they were gonna fix, those are the good ones, the shit balls go in with both hands out stealing anything that is not bolted down for them and their friends LOL

Last edited:

Bobbyv

Reaction score
"Whatchu talking about Willis" Havasu has plenty if you want some ;) GO TRUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Backlash

Reaction score
I'm stuck behind the iron curtain here in L.A. County and there is NO shortage of liberal candidate's signage. I might be the only person on our block who doesn't have a political sign in the yard because my views differ significantly from the idiots around me.

Motor Boater

Reaction score
There is no shortage of political mailings or text messages.
I can’t believe the eco nazis aren’t after the politicians regarding the amount of mailings they have been sending out. My recycle bin is full of card stock from political ads and door hangers. And yes, the text messages are plentiful.

CoolCruzin

Reaction score
very few signs this time

Thinking it’s
Walk softly ,carry a big stick approach.
or should I say , don’t tell the enemy any thing .
Vote red

Smupser

Reaction score
I work in valley center which typically is more semi rural, really surprised at how many Harris/Waltz signs there are, but that doesn’t mean people don’t support Trump, they just don’t want to be persecuted for it.

one of my customer lives on a street where there’s quite a few Harris signs, she has several Trump signs and has told me a lot of those people have complained about them

Richard.E

Reaction score
My neighbor’s GF over the weekend decided to ponder why I have Trump flags up in my garage as I was taking the dog out.

I said cuz I’m entitled to my own political beliefs and I’m able to look past my emotions unlike yourself who is so triggered by my Trump flag you had to ask about it.

I should have asked why her long shoreman boyfriend has half a garage full of unopened Lego sets.

She went on a whole rant about abortion rights and how her boyfriend is a union worker so they vote blue because it’s in their best interests. Granted she’s a divorced 50 year old cat lady, so none of this surprises me.

I was very tempted to ask why she cares so much about abortion rights since it’s not a problem at her age.

I find myself in a bubble with work and my personal life, so talking to someone who is appalled at my opinions is kind of amusing.

This is in Huntington Beach for the record.

Last edited:

Englewood

Reaction score
I just got home from AZ and NV...They are covered in signs, ads, text messages, etc.

Cali is a blue state no reason to bother using resources when all the Nor Cal Demtards will always vote that way.

Nordie

Reaction score
Things are everywhere here in Vegas like usual. Also the texts, phone calls, and door knocking have been non freaking stop this go around.

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
My neighbor’s GF over the weekend decided to ponder why I have Trump flags up in my garage as I was taking the dog out.

I said cuz I’m entitled to my own political beliefs and I’m able to look past my emotions unlike yourself who is so triggered by my Trump flag you had to ask about it.

I should have asked why her long shoreman boyfriend has half a garage full of unopened Lego sets.

She went on a whole rant about abortion rights and how her boyfriend is a union worker so they vote blue because it’s in their best interests. Granted she’s a divorced 50 year old cat lady, so none of this surprises me.

I was very tempted to ask why she cares so much about abortion rights since it’s not a problem at her age.

I find myself in a bubble with work and my personal life, so talking to someone who is appalled at my opinions is kind of amusing.

This is in Huntington Beach for the record.
Post of the year candidate for RDP !🤘

Mrs. Riley1

Reaction score
There’s no shortage of houses and businesses with signage like this in Boulder City.
IMG_5004.jpeg
IMG_2766.jpeg

Mrs. Riley1

Reaction score
Did you see my buddy Nick's huge Trump flag on the hill in BC? He's been getting so much crap for it, but he doesn't care.
Yes! We took the rzr up there the other day to go look at it, but there’s no trespassing signs so we turned around. Is he building a bar or something up there?

Nordie

Reaction score
Yes! We took the rzr up there the other day to go look at it, but there’s no trespassing signs so we turned around. Is he building a bar or something up there?

Im not sure what he's doing, but I think he did that because there was some vandalism going on vs being respectful.

j21black

Reaction score
I get text messages constantly for "Danilo" who I have no idea who that is.

I've replied on multiple occasions stating "Danilo" is dead, please send money along with other BS. Never get a response.

2 weeks ago I replied "Biden/Harris can eat my a$$" and got a response 24 hours later - Thank you for your response, stay safe.

Haven't got one since. Maybe that fixed it.

Cobalt232

Reaction score
My wife and I were in Glenwood Springs and Carbondale CO over the weekend. We poked around a few neighborhoods looking at lots and houses. Saw tons of Harris signs in people's yards. Making us rethink those locations for a future house. AND, then got honked at by some lady in a Range Rover cause I had pulled over to look at Zillow...

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
I voted Trump, but here’s my count on Harris/Walz. Two bumper stickers, three yard signs, one t-shirt.😂😂And I drive a lot.

AZmike

Eastsider
Reaction score
In Havasu I'm seeing nothing but Trump signage. I was happy to see someone smashed the Ruben Gallego sign down by Walmart. There are a few wackos (3) bold enough to place democrap signage in their yards. I am complying a map of said individuals 🤣

Colorado last week was the polar opposite. It's crazy there's that many confused people in one state. I actually saw Black Lives Matter bullshit still up on signage on homes and cars still. They love to fly the rainbow/bud light flag there too.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
Did you see my buddy Nick's huge Trump flag on the hill in BC? He's been getting so much crap for it, but he doesn't care.
Cruised up to it the other day. My parents have a perfect view of it from their front and back yard. My kids love it. TRUMP Flag!!!! They say everytime.

Gonefishin5555

Reaction score
I gotten a fuckton of mailers in my mailbox and it 100% goes straight in the trash. I noted on my street in BHC not many signs maybe a couple flags and thats pretty mild showing to me.

Sharky

Reaction score
My wife and I were in Glenwood Springs and Carbondale CO over the weekend. We poked around a few neighborhoods looking at lots and houses. Saw tons of Harris signs in people's yards. Making us rethink those locations for a future house. AND, then got honked at by some lady in a Range Rover cause I had pulled over to look at Zillow...
Those would be low life millionaires from California or the other coast that can't afford to live in Aspen.

Aspen is for billionaires. GS & Carbondale is for people with a net worth of only 7 figures.

Carbondale used to be a nice place. Still have an old friend that has lived there all his life (so did his parents) Rich fucking libs from both coasts have ruined the area since they can't afford to live in Aspen.

Cobalt232

Reaction score
Those would be low life millionaires from California or the other coast that can't afford to live in Aspen.

Aspen is for billionaires. GS & Carbondale is for people with a net worth of only 7 figures.

Carbondale used to be a nice place. Still have an old friend that has lived there all his life (so did his parents) Rich fucking libs from both coasts have ruined the area since they can't afford to live in Aspen.
Very true. I lived in Glenwood in the early 80's when I went to Colorado Mountain College. My wife is from Grand Junction. I have always liked the western slope and would like to get back there some day with a place.

DWC

Reaction score
Havasu is 99% Trump with an occasional Harris sign. Surprised, Chino neighborhood has 2 Trump signs and zero Harris. Very surprised.

My Havasu neighbor had a Harris sign. Weird😉
IMG_9434.jpeg

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
Cdale is an artsy fartsy liberal town still in the shadow and influence of super liberal Aspen. You'd be better off in Glenwood. Its a nice town, and there are airports in Rifle and Eagle you can get to pretty easy (or Sardy Field in Aspen if you want a direct flight somewhere).

Glenwood has Ski Sunlight if you want an old school and more inexpensive ski hill that is actually decent.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Havasu is 99% Trump with an occasional Harris sign. Surprised, Chino neighborhood has 2 Trump signs and zero Harris. Very surprised.

My Havasu neighbor had a Harris sign. Weird😉
View attachment 1442177
I’m telling you were being overrun! One of the neighbors about a half mile up from me has the Republican for Harris sign in their yard. It’s all I can do to keep from knocking on the door asking what the hell is wrong with you. 🤔

DWC

Reaction score
I’m telling you were being overrun! One of the neighbors about a half mile up from me has the Republican for Harris sign in their yard. It’s all I can do to keep from knocking on the door asking what the hell is wrong with you. 🤔
Havasu neighbor? They might be missing a sign. 😉

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Havasu neighbor? They might be missing a sign. 😉
I actually I wouldn’t do that because I don’t want to find out how much I’d have to spend on a lawyer when I got caught. During the 2020 elections myself and four neighbors had all of our Trump signs stolen overnight. Unfortunately i’ve never really felt the need to have cameras, but I’m starting to change my mind.🤣

Reactions: DWC

Ultra912

Reaction score
For sure way less, local corners that are usually plastered are almost bare. There are a few Trumped out houses in my neighborhood, like 20 yard signs, weird flags, all that stuff, those folks are triggered and all spun out on this stuff LOL.

Big local issue here is a 1 cent increase in sales tax, will bring in another $20M for the city to piss off on dumb shit, the local politicians are salivating at the thought of getting their dick skinners on those funds, it won’t get passed, they try every time with no luck as public trust is not there based on past performance of fail 😂

I assume most people are like me and just don’t give a shit to expend any extra effort on that sort of thing, are burned out, and no longer care. I’ll show up for 15 minutes on Election Day and vote, but after that I’m checking back out.

All politicians are scum, May start out okay and trying to do right but quickly get consumed and become part of the problem they thought they were gonna fix, those are the good ones, the shit balls go in with both hands out stealing anything that is not bolted down for them and their friends LOL
I’m not scum
We approved a measure P 1% sales tax and it has generated $32 million a year
With that revenue, we have added 16 police officers, started construction on a new 50,000 square-foot police station, added and built a new fire station, purchased three brand new Pierce fire engines, purchased a tiller ladder truck, built a new 15,000 square-foot library and I can go on.
It’s called investing in your community and when you live in a city that has low median home values generating low property taxes and a low income demographic, It’s very difficult to provide the services that the citizens need especially now with crime and homeless.
If you stand in the grocery store line almost everybody puts their change in the container at the register which almost always amounts to more than one percent.
I will also add that this sales tax increase of one percent is 40% paid by non-residents of my city. We have traffic to and from Las Vegas and all the resources that neighboring cities need to come here and purchase
We also have an oversight committee that overseas and monitors spending of that revenue because it does not go into our general fund

It’s called investing in your community
I don’t consider myself a politician. I’m just a normal guy with a couple of boats that has a place in Lake Havasu and surfs on River Dave’s and a Mayor Pro-Tem,,,not Scum

Last edited:

Javajoe

Reaction score
I fly my American flag and Trump flag immediately upon arriving at the Havasu house. I fly my trump flag at home in Riverside full time and have a yard sign. No issues with any neighbors. They know better
I also fly the Havasu for Trump flag on my boat
There does seem to be a lot less local political signs up on corners. Normally they overwhelm the corners everywhere
IMG_2591.jpeg

IMG_2588.jpeg

DILLIGAF

Reaction score

When I vote if it costs something....and I could care less what it is for....I vote no. They have enough and need to learn to budget and spend it on the intended purposes.

OC Mike

Reaction score
I’m not scum
With that revenue, we have added 16 police officers, started construction on a new 50,000 square-foot police station, added and built a new fire station, purchased three brand new Pierce fire engines, purchased a tiller ladder truck, built a new 15,000 square-foot library and I can go on.
It’s called investing in your community and when you live in a city that has low median home values generating low property taxes and a low income demographic, It’s very difficult to provide the services that the citizens need especially now with crime and homeless.
If you stand in the grocery store line almost everybody puts their change in the container at the register which almost always amounts to more than one percent.
I will also add that this sales tax increase of one percent is 40% paid by non-residents of my city. We have traffic to and from Las Vegas and all the resources that neighboring cities need to come here and purchase
We also have an oversight committee that overseas and monitors spending of that revenue because it does not go into our general fund

I don’t consider myself a politician. I’m just a normal guy with a couple of boats that has a place in Lake Havasu and surfs on River Dave’s and a Mayor Pro-Tem,,,not Scum
Sounds like responsible Money Mangament with a Good outcome.
The issue most of us have is for all of our lives we have heard how the Municipalities need more money for this or that.
It's always more, more , more with little to show for it.

The biggest example is the CA Lottery. It was sold to the public to benefit 'The Children'. The Schools were supposed to get a chunk of it.
The Lottery is now bigger than ever and the schools are worse than ever.
What happened is the Brilliant Scholars in Sac decided the schools were getting money from the Lottery, so they made cuts to schools.
I realize the Lottery is not a tax and maybe a bad example, but it is an example of deception and piss poor money management.

I completely agree with giving back to the community as I spend from my inner circle out, trying to Spend within my community.

Myself, I am cold to ANY tax increase as I have witnessed whatever short term benefit gets washed away with Ridiculous programs..
And the TAX stays forever.

Rant over....

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score
Check out Lake San Marcos....took the wife there for lunch a few weeks ago and it was crazy!!! Tons of Trump and Harris signs. It appeared that they were battling each other with signs. I'd love to go to the local bar and hear some of the stories.

Also, the more affordable neighborhoods of Poway has some good signage. I see Trump/Harris sign battles there as well.

I bought a couple great Trump flags, but have my liberal neighbor's home listed and know the repercussions of flying it.

Sportin' Wood

Reaction score
I’m not scum

Bravo.

If we had more statesmen and less career politicians this experiment called a Constitutional Republic might yield a more satisfactory result.

Participation is not easy, it requires mastering emotions, dealing with an amplified vocal minority and growing some thick skin. Most people don't want to participate, they just want to complain. @whiteworks talks a good game, but he does actually care about the direction the wind blows.

I'm far too selfish right now to jump back in the political arena. Thanks for your service @Ultra912

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
“20 yard signs”?
“Trumped out”?
“Weird flags”?

I’m not “triggered” or “spun out”…I just happen to give a fuck about things beyond my own driveway.

530RL

Reaction score
People place political signs of all types along the street at the house on a weekly basis. Probably 5 or 6 a week.

Given it is private property I simply pull them and into the trash they go. I’m fairly certain no one in the neighborhood is swayed by a yard sign.

With 16 billion being spent on federal elections, and another 8 billion being spent on state and local elections, even a small percentage of that is a lot of yard/steet signs and mailers.

wzuber

Reaction score
Saw a beat to shit Kia with a Harris / Walz '24 sticker next to a faded Bernie '16 sticker.
Hows that program workin out for ya, chief? 🤣
Sadly they're soooooo fukin stooped they have no idea where their pain comes from....like drug addicts and alcoholics. They should just stab themselves in the eyes w/sharp needles. 😆 🤣