WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

It's on like Donkey Kong.. Nautical Inn July 31st *RDP Group Havasu Trip*

BMABITY

Reaction score
new guy here...

just got off the phone with the nautical this week and reserved the rooms. sweet deal, my family and friends are all coming down to party. cant wait to meet some cool peps and even cooler drinks.. is there a boat run scheduled????? :party2:

Last edited:

LuckyStrike

Just Plain Crazy
Reaction score
new guy here...

just got off the phone with the nautical this week and reserved the rooms. sweet deal, my family and friends are all coming down to party. cant wait to meet some cool peps and even cooler drinks.. is there a boat run scheduled????? :party2:

What Kinda Hardware Ya Bringing....Im Talking Women Friends In General:D:D Not Boats

BMABITY

Reaction score
thought this was a boating forum:D.... wish i had a group of slus to follow me around when i went to the river, the wife would love it..:p

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Sounds like this is gonna be a good turnout. I might have to come out for it. :skull
________
BONG REVIEW

Last edited:

78cole

Reaction score
prob not stayin at the nautical cause i got a pad in havi so were is a good place to meet up with the group? at RD's room for bloody mary's?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
prob not stayin at the nautical cause i got a pad in havi so were is a good place to meet up with the group? at RD's room for bloody mary's?

I'd guess the nake turtle about the time all the boats get back from their perspective destinations.. LOL

I think we're gonna make a run to the pirates cove deal on saturday morning. If anyone else has some suggestions I'm down to go to another spot as well.

I'm just looking forward to a nice drinkin weekend where we don't have to clean the boats / house on sunday. :)

RD

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
I will unfortunately not be making this. I commited to helping out Gordos Band for the gig they have on the 31st. and considering they played my B-day free of charge it wouldnt be cool to bail out on them.

78cole

Reaction score
I'd guess the nake turtle about the time all the boats get back from their perspective destinations.. LOL

I think we're gonna make a run to the pirates cove deal on saturday morning. If anyone else has some suggestions I'm down to go to another spot as well.

I'm just looking forward to a nice drinkin weekend where we don't have to clean the boats / house on sunday. :)

RD

i like the run to havasu springs myself most of the time

78cole

Reaction score
Pirate cove and Topock would be fun...

good luck getting all the boats a parking spot at pirates cove. on the other hand topock become the dive bar know better parking, service,price just my .02

Reaction score
I wouldn't go to the Pirate bar on a Saturday if someone paid me. AJ and I talked about a run up there Friday, maybe the Springs for breakfast Saturday and hit Steamboat for a bit on the way back.

I'll be pulling in Wednesday night and AJ should be there about noon Thursday, anyone else coming up early?

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
I wouldn't go to the Pirate bar on a Saturday if someone paid me. AJ and I talked about a run up there Friday, maybe the Springs for breakfast Saturday and hit Steamboat for a bit on the way back.

I'll be pulling in Wednesday night and AJ should be there about noon Thursday, anyone else coming up early?

I'll probably be there Thursday night. If we go that is. :skull
________
Chrysler 300M History

Last edited:

BMABITY

Reaction score
i will be pulling in thursday night and hopefully having the boat on the water early friday morn...:party2:

speeddmn

Reaction score
good luck getting all the boats a parking spot at pirates cove. on the other hand topock become the dive bar know better parking, service,price just my .02

I thought they were supposed to have a bunch of slips at Pirate cove. The brochure shows a bunch of dock parking and alot of beach parking?

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
I thought they were supposed to have a bunch of slips at Pirate cove. The brochure shows a bunch of dock parking and alot of beach parking?

They do, they have some slips farther down the beach. Quite a few actually.

Mark, I'm doing Topock for breakfast Saturday, and then Pirates Cove. I hope your coming.

Reaction score
I'll probably be there Thursday night. If we go that is. :skull

i will be pulling in thursday night and hopefully having the boat on the water early friday morn...:party2:

I'll have a couple of cold ones waiting for you guys.:thumbsup

They do, they have some slips farther down the beach. Quite a few actually.

Mark, I'm doing Topock for breakfast Saturday, and then Pirates Cove. I hope your coming.

Last time we made that trip on a Saturday I told my wife that was the "last time". Had to almost stop the boat several times for the lake lice. Also had a couple of boats heading right for us on the wrong side or the river. One was a rental with about 8 people on it and they all waved at us as they went by. The wife and I waved back with our middle fingers.:fingers:

Any other day I would make the trip but a Saturday or holiday is not in the cards for us.

mco804

Reaction score
hi there. I'm a long time reader but a first time poster. I was wondering if you guys mind if my girl and I jump onto this party!!!! plus its my birthday weekend!!!!!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
hi there. I'm a long time reader but a first time poster. I was wondering if you guys mind if my girl and I jump onto this party!!!! plus its my birthday weekend!!!!!

It's a come one come call kinda deal! :) Get yourself a room! And Happy early b-day!

RD

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Looking forward to it.. :)

What kind of boat are you bringing?

RD

LuckyStrike

Just Plain Crazy
Reaction score

Great Plan:thumbsup Im All for staying away from Topock on Sat...

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Why no love for the pirate bar?

Is it a parking issue?

RD

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score

Is it a parking issue?

RD

That and lately it has become a safety issue. Way to many boats heading up in the gorge. The 3 boat collision and 1 death didn't help last weekend. I would go in the morning when its calm and come back around noon. That way your only dealing with traffic one way and MOST people haven't really started to party. Then head over to Steamboat or some other coves. ;)

LuckyStrike

Just Plain Crazy
Reaction score

Is it a parking issue?

RD

Dave Its A Cluster Fuck Up there on weekends...I personally Dont want to run up there Sat....I can Ride with Mark and Andy can take you Stacy and Who Ever in the L.S. if you like..

speeddmn

Reaction score
I know that the boat traffic is bad on the weekends, but I haven't been to the Pirate yet and would like to check it out. Hopefully won't be bad on an off weekend. Who else is going to the Pirate on Saturday?

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
I know that the boat traffic is bad on the weekends, but I haven't been to the Pirate yet and would like to check it out. Hopefully won't be bad on an off weekend. Who else is going to the Pirate on Saturday?

Aren't you staying at the Nautical??? The Turtle is the same has the Pirate but 2 times smaller. ;)

Reaction score

Is it a parking issue?

RD

I've got nothing but love for the Pirate bar. Just not on a Saturday.

Sunday at the Pirate bar.

BU7Kf6g_mk_KGrHgoOKjUEjlLmTEG6BKP9HHQl5_3.jpg

Here is a pic from a Wednesday run. Only saw one other boat on the way up there that day.

BU7O_5QBmk_KGrHgoOKjQEjlLmQu1cBKP9S-rPl_3.jpg

And it was this crazy guy.....:D:D

BU7S7_gBWk_KGrHgoH-CEEjlLly3cCBKP9dGW2n_3.jpg

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I'll take care of the parking. As for the rest I'll type it when I get back to work. ;)

The naked pirate is going a bit out of their way to be hospitible towards us. ;)

RD

speeddmn

Reaction score
Aren't you staying at the Nautical??? The Turtle is the same has the Pirate but 2 times smaller. ;)

Yes I am staying at the Nautical, but I haven't been to the Pirate yet and my boat won't go fast enough to get me in trouble.

RD do you have drink specials at the Pirate as well as the Turtle?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Yes I am staying at the Nautical, but I haven't been to the Pirate yet and my boat won't go fast enough to get me in trouble.

RD do you have drink specials at the Pirate as well as the Turtle?

I'm workin on it.. LOL

RD

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Here's the deal guys, I know there was an accident last weekend, but honestly.. Sometimes shit happens. You can get killed walkin your doggy.

I dunno where you guys boat at, but I boat in parker. There is no busier stretch of water in the entire USA then parker on a holliday weekend. It's not uncommon to be 5 wide 10' apart in certain stretches of the river. I garauntee you no matter what, this little "run" up to pirates cove will not amount to a hill of beans compared to what most of this group do on any given weekend. So sack up and stop makin excuses.

I'm going to the Pirate Bar saturday morning, leaving around 9:00 - 9:30 am.. We'll probably be back at the nautical by 1:00 - 2:00 saturday afternoon, unless someone wants to suggest another destination AFTER the pirate bar.. Topock maybe?

The pirate bar is going out of their way to ensure that we have a good time. I'm working on the drink specials up there as well but that's a tough nut to crack. Them being a new bar that's packed in the afternons n all

They are rolling out the carpet as much as they can though, and the staff has already assured me that they will make every effort to accomodate our group. ;) I'll explain friday night at the turtle.

As far as the rest, no poll required. We're going if you want to wear a manpon, then that's on you, but the Parker crew is here to Party, and we're not going to let a little thing like "danger" and "death" get in the way..

AAAAAaaaarrrrrrrrggggghhhhhhh!!!

Last to the bar buys the 3rd round.. That means you 4 winns guy! :D

RD

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Dave...I haven't been on the river since the early 80's. So I don't know whats it like. For us Havasu peeps that stretch of the river has always been our pride and joy to boat up and down without any problems, but lately it has changed for the worse for us.
I do encourage you to make the trip how you discibed and the times that you are leaving. Just letting you know that there are some problems lately and trying to give a heads up to the Parker peeps. I would hate for you to leave our side of the damm with a bad impression.

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Dave...I haven't been on the river since the early 80's. So I don't know whats it like. For us Havasu peeps that stretch of the river has always been our pride and joy to boat up and down without any problems, but lately it has changed for the worse for us.
I do encourage you to make the trip how you discibed and the times that you are leaving. Just letting you know that there are some problems lately and trying to give a heads up to the Parker peeps. I would hate for you to leave our side of the damm with a bad impression.

Trust me, it isn't as bad as Parker on a regular weekend let alone Holiday weekend.
________
FORD FALCON (ARGENTINA) HISTORY

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

I'm assuming your warning us not only of the boat traffic, but the coppers as well.. LOL

In either event, believe me it couldn't be any worse then Parker... We'll mush our way through it with the attitudes of "good times" and more or less "fuck em if they can't take a joke."

havasu1986, your the tour guide lead the way!

RD

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Dave said I have to put in this thread that my boat will be in the water. LOL!!!:skull

Actually I said in the "running thread" the one that isn't stickied that I just started.. Barker.. :grumble: :D

RD

squirtnmyload

now its recording
Reaction score
9 am? LOL..... ya right!!!!!!!! my ass will still be passed out on the beach outside of the turtle. see you guys when you get back. :D

speeddmn

Reaction score
I have to agree with RD on this one. I have been up river to Topock several times including Memorial weekend and it is definetely not as crowded as the river gets on holiday weekends. You just have to pay attention and watch where you are going. I'm with ya RD. To the Naked Pirate it is. Are you sure your gonna be able to leave by 9:00 to 9:30?:drunk

Outdrive1

Reaction score
Here's the deal guys, I know there was an accident last weekend, but honestly.. Sometimes shit happens. You can get killed walkin your doggy.

I dunno where you guys boat at, but I boat in parker. There is no busier stretch of water in the entire USA then parker on a holliday weekend. It's not uncommon to be 5 wide 10' apart in certain stretches of the river. I garauntee you no matter what, this little "run" up to pirates cove will not amount to a hill of beans compared to what most of this group do on any given weekend. So sack up and stop makin excuses.

I'm going to the Pirate Bar saturday morning, leaving around 9:00 - 9:30 am.. We'll probably be back at the nautical by 1:00 - 2:00 saturday afternoon, unless someone wants to suggest another destination AFTER the pirate bar.. Topock maybe?

The pirate bar is going out of their way to ensure that we have a good time. I'm working on the drink specials up there as well but that's a tough nut to crack. Them being a new bar that's packed in the afternons n all

They are rolling out the carpet as much as they can though, and the staff has already assured me that they will make every effort to accomodate our group. ;) I'll explain friday night at the turtle.

As far as the rest, no poll required. We're going if you want to wear a manpon, then that's on you, but the Parker crew is here to Party, and we're not going to let a little thing like "danger" and "death" get in the way..

AAAAAaaaarrrrrrrrggggghhhhhhh!!!

Last to the bar buys the 3rd round.. That means you 4 winns guy! :D

RD

You're still riding with me right? 9am is perfect for breakfast at Topock and then over to the Pirate.

I do this every Saturday that I'm in Havasu people. We love the breakfast at Topock and they stop serving it at 11:00. So get your asses up and lets go. I'm still alive as far I can tell, you'll all be ok. :rolleyes:

Outdrive1

Reaction score
I have to agree with RD on this one. I have been up river to Topock several times including Memorial weekend and it is definetely not as crowded as the river gets on holiday weekends. You just have to pay attention and watch where you are going. I'm with ya RD. To the Naked Pirate it is. Are you sure your gonna be able to leave by 9:00 to 9:30?:drunk

We were up there Mem weekend also. It was no biggie.

Outdrive1

Reaction score
9 am? LOL..... ya right!!!!!!!! my ass will still be passed out on the beach outside of the turtle. see you guys when you get back. :D

It'll be dark by the time we do Topock, Pirates Cove, Moabi, The Sandbar, and make it back to the channel. Might as well pull an all nighter.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
You're still riding with me right? 9am is perfect for breakfast at Topock and then over to the Pirate.

I do this every Saturday that I'm in Havasu people. We love the breakfast at Topock and they stop serving it at 11:00. So get your asses up and lets go. I'm still alive as far I can tell, you'll all be ok. :rolleyes:

I told the pirate bar I'd be there before noon.. :)

RD

Reaction score
Ok I'll admit I'm just scared of driving my boat up there on a busy Saturday. I've only been boating for a couple of years and have never driven in busy waterways. I once saw a guy ran over by a boat right below the dam in Parker back in the early 90's and it really focked me up. You guys have a safe trip and us not so experienced boaters will sit back on shore shivering. :D:D

Outdrive1

Reaction score
I told the pirate bar I'd be there before noon.. :)

RD

35/40 minute drive up river, that's it. Hell if the speed police aren't looking maybe less. Topock is literally, in my boat, by the time I get on plane, you are there. We'll make it, if not we'll be eating breakfast at the Pirate. ;)