WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Is Rex Marine a moderator here?

cave

Reaction score
If I recall, Cheetah is fair game also!!!!!!:D

Don't forget about Jetboats. Open season on them suckas, I mean us suck boats :cool: :smackbum:

Welcome to RDP earlbrown. Are you by any chance realted to tombrown? :D

Nordie

Reaction score
isnt the guideline a sticky at the top of every page of this site? and isnt it mentioned there will be no bashing of vendors? i read the pb thread and when you title a thread "where can i get this art besides rex marine" thats bashing in my book! then you continued with your bad experience. Rex resonded in a nice professional i personally felt...like what someone said in that other thread you cant make everyone happy! You wil have a much better stay on any of these site if you keep the matter private, and tell your friends in person!

cave

Reaction score
I read the post at PB. It didn't read as if he was bashing Mike. Customer Service is key in mail order. If you don't have the part you need to let your customer know this. These are not the good times when you could blow everyone off. A simple email or phone call could of fixed this.

In my situation with REX i was backordered sea going poxy. When it came in they overnight the poxy to me. They didn't charge my CC till the product came in and REX paid the Overnight shipping cost.

I spread my funds around with all the vendors CPP, Rex Mar, Boat Candy and many more. A lesson to any vendor in these times and in the good times is when you don't have it and or are back ordered, let your customer know this.

On the customers side, Never take an availability answer that's not a clear answer. They either have it or don't have it in stock. Ask the question. Is it in stock ready to ship.

Locking that thread was wrong. earlbrowns question was where can i get another bearing from excluding the place, Rex Mar, where he had already tried.

Skee

Unknown Member
Reaction score
I've dealt with "Rex" here,via PM and a couple of different question Threads and have also dealt with "them" thru their Store several times over many years and have never been anything but satisfied with their Help/Info and Response,bashing on someone here or any Forum will likely lead to one of these :smackbum:...We all have "bad" experiences with someone at one time or another...If it can't be "fixed"...It's simple,take it with a "grain o' salt" and move on...:D :thumbsup

hotrod56cars

Reaction score
Having been banned from PB I feel obligated to post in this thread.

I feel much better now. :D

spectras only

Reaction score
My only observation is that your boat is a direct splash of the 19 Spectra:skull

Tom Brown

Epsilon contributor
Reaction score
Having been banned from PB I feel obligated to post in this thread.

We don't have enough bandwidth for all the PB ex-patriots to post up here. :D

You know Earl, I wouldn't discount the possibility of Rex being a little grumpy. While I haven't encountered it, he's made from the same material as you and I. That's why I haven't commented on the incident specifically.

I would like to suggest the reason so many people are jumping to Rexone's defense is he has distinguished himself as an upstanding guy a semi-infinite number of times over the years. He redefined customer service. I've gotten so much help from him that I wouldn't know where to start. I won't bore you with stories but I will tell you my boat restorations have come off a lot more successfully with his help.

Mike G. is world class.

If you have an issue with him, I would encourage you to attempt to work it out. Be specific. If you feel you were charged for shipping that you shouldn't have paid, or whatever, tell him specifically what you feel would be the correct charge. He may not agree but, then again, you never know.

In the case of Rexone, he's not just a vendor. He's an ally to a whole lot of boaters. The service he has thrown down over the years is second to none. He doesn't even seem to mind taking care of some of the BS returns/exchanges/etc. I can't imagine him not doing everything he could to make you happy.

If you prefer, why not drop him a PM on this forum? Mike isn't a moderator here so there can be no reprisals, if you're worried about that.

If your Rex Marine issue is resolved and it's down to PB.com moderating, I wouldn't bother sending anyone a PM here or there. You're pretty much fucked. Even guys they banned in error based on their own misunderstanding haven't been reinstated. It's time to start enjoying RDP. lol!

Rexone

an ordinary American
Reaction score
I will make some brief comments now that my name has also been drug over to this forum.

Earl as I stated in the pb thread, I no longer argue about or debate transaction/order issues online. It is a no-win for anyone as it is he-said this vs he-said that material as I spelled out in that thread on pb. It is frankly, material that has no place on forums imo. There is always more to these stories than is presented on the internet. We are sorry we could not fill your needs and glad you found someone who would. I have enough respect for RD to not pollute his forum with this type of crap as he has made it clear many many times it is not desired content even though a few others do not show any degree of respect for his wishes.

No I'm not a moderator here to answer your question directly on that.

SML, your response doesn't surprise me much at all. You were right in the middle of the Phoenix drama, ignored many warnings, aliases and the like so you got banned as did a couple others for those same exact reasons. But lets call a spade a spade shall we, you are pissed about that and now you want to call it a Rex Marine thing when it plainly is not. You can veil it any way you choose but that is the naked truth in the matter. As many know I'm not big on PC'ness or not calling bullshit, bullshit. Never have been and am not gonna start now. Some don't like that quality about me, and I'm ok with that too. Just come out like a man and say you fuckin hate me for banning you (which you deserved several times over) but don't blame it on or tie it to Rex Marine. btw I do not hate you, you seemed like a very nice guy the one time we met in Phoenix, I was doing the job assigned, nothing more or less.

RVR SWPR your message is not lost on me and I have been much less active in that capacity of late.

Tom and others thank you for the support, it is appreciated.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
I will make some brief comments now that my name has also been drug over to this forum.

Earl as I stated in the pb thread, I no longer argue about or debate transaction/order issues online. It is a no-win for anyone as it is he-said this vs he-said that material as I spelled out in that thread on pb. It is frankly, material that has no place on forums imo. There is always more to these stories than is presented on the internet. We are sorry we could not fill your needs and glad you found someone who would. I have enough respect for RD to not pollute his forum with this type of crap as he has made it clear many many times it is not desired content even though a few others do not show any degree of respect for his wishes.

SML, your response doesn't surprise me much at all. You were right in the middle of the Phoenix drama, ignored many warnings, aliases and the like so you got banned as did a couple others for those same exact reasons. But lets call a spade a spade shall we, you are pissed about that and now you want to call it a Rex Marine thing when it plainly is not. You can veil it any way you choose but that is the naked truth in the matter. As many know I'm not big on PC'ness or not calling bullshit, bullshit. Never have been and am not gonna start now. Some don't like that quality about me, and I'm ok with that too. Just come out like a man and say you fuckin hate me for banning you (which you deserved several times over) but don't blame it on or tie it to Rex Marine. btw I do not hate you, you seemed like a very nice guy the one time we met in Phoenix, I was doing the job assigned, nothing more or less.

RVR SWPR your message is not lost on me and I have been much less active in that capacity of late.

Perfectly stated!! I think you handle yourself very well (and professionally) on both forums. For the record...I don't personally know Rexone.

squirtnmyload

now its recording
Reaction score

sorry but my choosing to spend somewhere else has nothing to do me being banned or whatever. if you really want to know, a loooong time ago, i ordered some stuff through a shop who used rex marine. i got hosed and another company made it right for me/us. i continued to keep giving them business, simple as that. pretty sure i skipped the forum post about it because we all know how those threads go :cool: actually i think it may have been before i even knew about any forums.

Last edited:

Kylemenz1

Reaction score
Personally, I can't believe a guy can come on here, post multiple pictures of himself apparently getting a hummer in both his boat and his car, and nobody even makes a single smart-ass comment about it, WTF?:D

Woah, woah. Hold it right there. I specifically said I like the boost controller, which turned out to be a an alcohol injection deal. By that I meant "sweet picture of getting road head at 75mph"

hotrod56cars

Reaction score

Excellant answer. Please un-ban me. :D J/K

Outlaw

Polishing MOFO
Reaction score
Woah, woah. Hold it right there. I specifically said I like the boost controller, which turned out to be a an alcohol injection deal. By that I meant "sweet picture of getting road head at 75mph"

Yeah and I posted "nice Shoes" which meant you must not be married if your still getting hummers while driving:champagne:

oh yeah RD SUX

Havaduner

Never home on weekends
Reaction score

Wait.. Nobody made a comment that the road head chick and boat head chick have different color hair!

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Personally, I can't believe a guy can come on here, post multiple pictures of himself apparently getting a hummer in both his boat and his car, and nobody even makes a single smart-ass comment about it, WTF?:D

Whats to smart off about?? :D:D

I think he needs to post more pics...

:thumbsup

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Finally back from the river and got to read this thread that I have gotten a few PM's about..

Earl Brown, if you are wondering about the rules of this board or how I run it.. Feel free to read them at the top of just about every page on the forum. They are short and to the point.

Now keep in mind I don't know you from anyone.. But your first two pages of posts, are talking about vendor protection"ism" (your word), censorship, and how cool turbobuick"S".com is because it's a free for all.

I'll tell you the same thing I tell everyone when they start talking about the way things should be, or how this one is better than that..

If you're unhappy with what's out there, then by all means, feel free to start one. :) I started one based basically on that same idea. This isn't sportboats.com or PB, or some industry website. This is a custom build (as in people custom building their own boats etc) website, a social community, and it has gained some popularity over time, and now has the support of the marine industry. We couldn't be doing it all wrong or nobody would be here..

RD

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Oh and on that note, I have used Rex Marine in the past as a normal just everyday customer.. I have always been happy with the quality of products, and the service I recieved.

RD

Soldout

Park Supervisor
Reaction score
Oh and on that note, I have used Rex Marine in the past as a normal just everyday customer.. I have always been happy with the quality of products, and the service I recieved.

RD

+2

goofinoff

Reaction score
I have a sinking feeling I'm about to be banned from performanceboats.com for going against the grain.
The rules were quoted, that I didn't break, and the thread was locked and tossed into gray water. If I wanted a site that likes locking, deleting and protecting vendors I'd still post at turbobuick.com.
I'm looking for a messageboard that's more worried about sharing data that protectionism. The night before last I made a post needing some info looking for a new vendor and the next thing I know I'm bashing, ranting, being a douchebag and breaking rules. I'm cool if they're just protecting advertisers as it's their house and I'm just a guest. I just want to know up front. If I wanted to figure out things the hard way I'd make another order from Rex and then wonder where my parts are.

Earl
If my last name was Brown, I wouldn't be worried about being banned from this board.

Tom Brown

Epsilon contributor
Reaction score
If my last name was Brown, I wouldn't be worried about being banned from this board.

You better not be suggesting I get special treatment here because I'll have Dave ban you so fast your head will spin.

Tom Brown

Epsilon contributor
Reaction score
Time for another Rexone story... :D

I had the pleasure of hanging around with Rexone at the drags at Firebird a few years ago. It was an interesting experience.

As we walked down the pit road, he was peeling off to help guys do this or that. I didn't even notice some of the guys struggling but he did. At one point, a couple of guys were trying to push an unlimited light boat and trailer off the tarmac by hand. He jumped in there like a firefighter on an ovulating woman. Oh... wrong thread...

Anyway, Rexone is a bit of a father figure to the entire industry. When I embarked on my first project, he took some time with me and offered some ideas that really improved my project. He told me how to disassemble my brake hub helm so I could bore a hole right through the center of the steering shaft and he showed me how to machine the formuling wheel adapter so I could thread wires from the wheel mounted trim and jack plate switches, through the hub, and through the center of the steering shaft. It cleaned up the curly cord situation into a tight looking steering wheel.

Lots of people think they're friends with Rexone because he takes time to help them beyond just selling us stuff. He has been there and done that. Whatever you want to do, it's almost certain he's been there first.

I've never heard Rexone crap on anyone's boat, project, or ideas. He just helps from the background with little fanfare.

Earl, seriously, I know it's tough to be objective about someone who has banned you from a forum but I would give it some time and rethink your position on Rexone. He's one of those guys you almost never meet.

earlbrown

Reaction score
Wow. I spent the day working on my boat and it looks like everybody else was here! Speaking of that I should have just painted my damn transom adapter instead of stripping it first.

Finally back from the river and got to read this thread that I have gotten a few PM's about..

Earl Brown, if you are wondering about the rules of this board or how I run it.. Feel free to read them at the top of just about every page on the forum. They are short and to the point.

Now keep in mind I don't know you from anyone.. But your first two pages of posts, are talking about vendor protection"ism" (your word), censorship, and how cool turbobuick"S".com is because it's a free for all.

I'll tell you the same thing I tell everyone when they start talking about the way things should be, or how this one is better than that..

No RD, that's not what I'm up to. I wasn't going to say how it should be ran. I was wondering how it is ran.
I live in GA. There's nothing here but bassholes and pontoons and my one speedboat. The only way I can get information is by doing a search. If threads get buried and censored there's no way I can who's who without asking.
When my thread on PB got closed I sent ADMIN a PM and asked why it was locked and moved. He said that it was because it "wasn't in a positive light". Don't get me wrong, I love cute 'n fuzzy bunnies as much as the next guy, but not everything in live is cinnamon buns and rainbows.
Like I said I got spoiled at the board that doesn't censor. It's not a free for all it's was just pretty well self moderated.The trainwreck threads always end the same. The good people come out on top and the trolls get their true colors exposed for the entire world to see.

If you're unhappy with what's out there, then by all means, feel free to start one. :) I started one based basically on that same idea. This isn't sportboats.com or PB, or some industry website. This is a custom build (as in people custom building their own boats etc) website, a social community, and it has gained some popularity over time, and now has the support of the marine industry. We couldn't be doing it all wrong or nobody would be here..

Sounds exactly like what I'm looking for. I like making parts and getting dirty to do something different. Custom fab mixed with blood is always cooler than checkbook hotrodders making a catalog car/boat.

Now to try to keep the thread on track here's the third hair color (and a slightly different dash)....

Attachments

• IM001863  SPEED LIMIT 45.jpg
    IM001863 SPEED LIMIT 45.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 248
Last edited:

BigDeck

Reaction score
Who is taking the photos? A midget standing on the back seat? The alignment is like two feet off to the right. Not in line with someone sitting where the crotch is. I call bullshit staged photos. I doubt there was any copulation involved in the incidents'.

I wasn't always married and can remember way back to what this type of thing would look like and this is not it.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Maybe she is looking for change in his pockets. :rolleyes:

Who is taking the photos? A midget standing on the back seat? The alignment is like two feet off to the right. Not in line with someone sitting where the crotch is. I call bullshit staged photos. I doubt there was any copulation involved in the incidents'.

I wasn't always married and can remember way back to what this type of thing would look like and this is not it.

earlbrown

Reaction score

The midget won't fit between the seat and the door and he keeps sliding off my engine cover :D

Those are the easy ones. All you have to do is guess at the aim. The hard ones (huh huh, huh huh) are the action slobbing shots. The door really makes it a pain not to blind the nice lady giving mouth to coc.......

Steering wheel in your left hand, camera in your right. Hold it up above your shoulder and push the blue button. That's the only way to show the head and the windshield view. With enough practice 1 in every 10 will cum out nice.

Now, everybody plop their SO's in the car and duplicate that shot
poon.gif
. Extra points for police cars in the background!

Last edited:

kevnmcd

Reaction score
Did anyone notice in the last pic that Earl was speeding? :skull

Wicky

Mr. Potatohead
Reaction score
Did anyone notice in the last pic that Earl was speeding? :skull

Swerving and keeping my eyes open has always been my problem especially going up/down Interstate 93 towing at 80mph!!

Tom Brown

Epsilon contributor
Reaction score
Apparently I offended Rexone with my "father figure" remark. That's not how he sees himself.

He also mentioned Earl is not banned from PB.com, although he was sent to bed without dinner.

HolyMoly

reMember
Reaction score
Apparently I offended Rexone with my "father figure" remark. That's not how he sees himself.

He also mentioned Earl is not banned from PB.com, although he was sent to bed without dinner.

No one wants to see a 70 year old dude hitting on chicks. :p

Reaction score
Time for another Rexone story... :D

I had the pleasure of hanging around with Rexone at the drags at Firebird a few years ago. It was an interesting experience.

As we walked down the pit road, he was peeling off to help guys do this or that. I didn't even notice some of the guys struggling but he did. At one point, a couple of guys were trying to push an unlimited light boat and trailer off the tarmac by hand. He jumped in there like a firefighter on an ovulating woman. Oh... wrong thread...

Anyway, Rexone is a bit of a father figure to the entire industry. When I embarked on my first project, he took some time with me and offered some ideas that really improved my project. He told me how to disassemble my brake hub helm so I could bore a hole right through the center of the steering shaft and he showed me how to machine the formuling wheel adapter so I could thread wires from the wheel mounted trim and jack plate switches, through the hub, and through the center of the steering shaft. It cleaned up the curly cord situation into a tight looking steering wheel.

Lots of people think they're friends with Rexone because he takes time to help them beyond just selling us stuff. He has been there and done that. Whatever you want to do, it's almost certain he's been there first.

I've never heard Rexone crap on anyone's boat, project, or ideas. He just helps from the background with little fanfare.

Earl, seriously, I know it's tough to be objective about someone who has banned you from a forum but I would give it some time and rethink your position on Rexone. He's one of those guys you almost never meet.
That the day you tried to steal my wallet?

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
The midget won't fit between the seat and the door and he keeps sliding off my engine cover :D

Those are the easy ones. All you have to do is guess at the aim. The hard ones (huh huh, huh huh) are the action slobbing shots. The door really makes it a pain not to blind the nice lady giving mouth to coc.......

Steering wheel in your left hand, camera in your right. Hold it up above your shoulder and push the blue button. That's the only way to show the head and the windshield view. With enough practice 1 in every 10 will cum out nice.

Now, everybody plop their SO's in the car and duplicate that shot
poon.gif
. Extra points for police cars in the background!

:champagne:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Wow. I spent the day working on my boat and it looks like everybody else was here!

;) We get a lot of participation here..

No RD, that's not what I'm up to. I wasn't going to say how it should be ran. I was wondering how it is ran.

The rules that we live and die by are right at the top of all of the forums.

I live in GA. There's nothing here but bassholes and pontoons and my one speedboat.

JBB one of the 2 moderators has a blown 21 Daytona in GA.. So make that 2 speedboats.

The only way I can get information is by doing a search.

Searches related to Rex Marine are only going to pull up positive info.. Truthfully you are the 1st person I think i have ever heard of that has had a customer service issue, which is part of the reason more people aren't really putting much stock into it.

If threads get buried and censored there's no way I can who's who without asking.

We generally frown upon people bashing businesses on here. There are 2 types of forums when you boil it down. There are informational forums, the type where you ask a question that has been covered before and everyone in unison says "Use the Search button" and makes fun of you..

And there's Social community type forums, where you can ask a stupid question that has been covered 100 times, and people will still help you out.

I bring this up, because one of them is a lot more tolerant to negative remarks regarding biz and advertisers. RDP is kind of a hybrid between the two. We are social and get a lot of interaction, and people helping people.. On that note we also try to keep things positive / fun.. This place is supposed to be a short break from work, and a uplifting part of your day. We are also informational enough to get about any question you need answered regardless of the topic, but specializing in boats. I post that, because I want you to note the positive portion of that. It's real easy to let the negative spin out of control, and ruin a whole site.

Sounds exactly like what I'm looking for. I like making parts and getting dirty to do something different. Custom fab mixed with blood is always cooler than checkbook hotrodders making a catalog car/boat.

Make sure to check out the custom sections below, including the billet porn section.

RD

Tom Brown

Epsilon contributor
Reaction score
That the day you tried to steal my wallet?

Yeah.

You couldn't imagine how pissed off I was to open your wallet and find a NAPA preferred customer card, a KFC 2 for 1 coupon, and piece of dried up watermelon rind. It was nice to feel like a baller for a moment, though.

RadMan

Throbbing Member
Reaction score
Are these pics old? I though mullets were so yesterday.:p

Director...
Reaction score
Yeah.

You couldn't imagine how pissed off I was to open your wallet and find a NAPA preferred customer card, a KFC 2 for 1 coupon, and piece of dried up watermelon rind. It was nice to feel like a baller for a moment, though.

Threre's a drive to deep centerfield

Reaction score
Yeah.

This day and age everyone should have that stuff. Never know when your going to have to load your family and head east.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
This day and age everyone should have that stuff. Never know when your going to have to load your family and head east.

And the throw back. That center fielder has a great arm!!! :rotflmao:

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Yeah.

Tom, you're subtle as a sweatpants boner. :D

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
Searches related to Rex Marine are only going to pull up positive info.. Truthfully you are the 1st person I think i have ever heard of that has had a customer service issue, which is part of the reason more people aren't really putting much stock into it.

RD
At the risk of losing my fruitcup, wasn't there a guy with an MSD box issue or something???????

Tom Brown

Epsilon contributor
Reaction score
At the risk of losing my fruitcup, wasn't there a guy with an MSD box issue or something???????

I vaguely recall that guy. He was refused warranty.

The detail, to the best of my recollection, was that he left it in his closet until after the warranty ran out, installed it, it didn't work, and he wanted warranty.

I think Rex looked into it with MSD but was unable to do anything for him.

Dave can clarify but I think he was referring to actual problems in his post.

HolyMoly

reMember
Reaction score

That was pre-RDP but was great entertainment. Ole BNB sured covered a lot of topics with his drama.

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
I vaguely recall that guy. He was refused warranty.

The detail, to the best of my recollection, was that he left it in his closet until after the warranty ran out, installed it, it didn't work, and he wanted warranty.

I think Rex looked into it with MSD but was unable to do anything for him.

Dave can clarify but I think he was referring to actual problems in his post.

I thought it was unwarrantable because a pit bull ate it......