WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Is Rex Marine a moderator here?

earlbrown

Reaction score
I have a sinking feeling I'm about to be banned from performanceboats.com for going against the grain.
The rules were quoted, that I didn't break, and the thread was locked and tossed into gray water. If I wanted a site that likes locking, deleting and protecting vendors I'd still post at turbobuick.com.
I'm looking for a messageboard that's more worried about sharing data that protectionism. The night before last I made a post needing some info looking for a new vendor and the next thing I know I'm bashing, ranting, being a douchebag and breaking rules. I'm cool if they're just protecting advertisers as it's their house and I'm just a guest. I just want to know up front. If I wanted to figure out things the hard way I'd make another order from Rex and then wonder where my parts are.

Earl

Reaction score
i dont think rex is a mod here. But if you need a hand, ask jbb. If you really want help ask him and bobo and or jeeps and cobras

welcome btw

sergeantmike

Reaction score
I would think that telling the truth here will not be a problem... there are women that actually show their "Winnebago's" and guys talk about how their "Johnson" is known as "Jo". Due to a lack of leeeeength.

If you have a jet boat,,, non-blower, Ford or Olds, you will immediately be welcomed with open arms.

If you got a Whacker that sticks up behind the boat and sounds like lawn equipment,,, dunno?

I just showed up and most of the folks here are really good peeps...

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
I thought Rex was a moderator on this site as well. I do know JBB and TBI are moderators here.

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
Rexie is not a mod here.

RD
Forensic
TBI

That's all I can think of for now. :D:D:D

You can direct all questions reguarding exploded blowers, lawn paint, small fluffy dogs, neck screws, Ford rangers, flowered mailboxes, fruitcips, and golf to JBB.

He is actually a "SuperModerator" :p

SuperDave013

Reaction score
I was under the impression that bagging on venders / shops is not welcome on this site either. So if that's what your plan is I donno how well that's gonna werk for ya.

shueman

Reaction score
I was under the impression that bagging on venders / shops is not welcome on this site either. So if that's what your plan is I donno how well that's gonna werk for ya.
I concur...ya got a beef, take it up with the vendor...:thumbsdown

earlbrown

Reaction score
I'm not looking to bag on a vendor at all. I'm just not down with protectionism in any way shape or form. I had a thread get closed and locked at PB and it reeks of vendor protection. If it got moved/locked because Rex's mod status I lost every ounce of respect that I had for him. Since it's locked I have no way to clarify or ask. That's just not cool.

I've been here since '07. I just do more reading (and I know how to use the search button) than posting.

Oh yeah, no egg beater on my bucket...
IM002409.jpg

The Doctor

Land Sales GURU
Reaction score
I saw a sign on the wall of one of my favorite vendors that said:

"If you experience here was a good one, please tell everyone - if it was less than you expected, please tell the owner."

I found these words to be wise counsel for me so I use them.

rrrr

Reaction score
Unless you specifically inform the vendor that a partial order shipment is desired and agree to pay multiple freight charges, the vendor will delay shipment until all parts are on hand. If you needed the part so badly, you should have ordered it separately or told the vendor you would agree to a partial shipment. This is standard in the entire mail order industry.

Your lack of communication when ordering doesn't make Rex Marine the bad guy.

plaster dave

Face down A$$ up
Reaction score
I dont think bringing up that a vendor is not responding to you and taking care of your situation is bad.
I would make sure I tried everything to resolve it before you start airing the shit out thou.

Director...
Reaction score
I dont venture to that other board, so I cant speak to your issues with any vendor there, but as a general rule, trashing someone here, because of what happens elsewhere..is frowned upon. It would be best, as a first step to contact the other party via the PM system that every board has, and keep your issues private, if possible. I have been around Rex for many years now, and I have seen him bend over backward to help customers...Not taking sides, just saying what I have seen...Rex comes here, and has a section here.....Feel free to pm him and work any issues out that way...The only authorized bashing at this site, is Tom Brown bashing...

CampbellCarl

Reaction score
All that I will say is, if your intent is to come here and continue what you left 'un-finished' at PB, move along.........

Lots and lots of good people (with YEARS of experience) on both places and I'm sorry that you've decided to burn your bridge with Rex.

Welcome to RD's (please don't go poking sticks at JBB, BoBo or Brown, it'll result in the same.....) if you've been lurking here then you know the rules. You've posted a pic of your boat (is that a ditch pump hangin' off of the back?) so you still owe a pic of your wife/girl friend (not both).

Let's see how this turns out!

CC

Tom Brown

Epsilon contributor
Reaction score
I was under the impression that bagging on venders / shops is not welcome on this site either.

I'm under the same impression.

If you're looking for a site that embraces the truth, as you see it, you have not found it. This site is not as vendor centric as PB.com but it still leans in that direction.

My understanding is, if you got screwed, or feel you got screwed, RDP is not the place to air that laundry. If an RDP vendor screwed you, you might get a tiny amount of attention from Dave but you better have rock solid evidence and, even then, don't expect a lot.

It comes down to: buyer beware. There is no buddy network where everyone is taken care of and all conduct is honorable. Keep that in mind when you're looking for vendor recommendations, including this site.

Tom Brown

Epsilon contributor
Reaction score
I'm just not down with protectionism in any way shape or form.

Rex is not a mod here but this site has a lot of "protectionism". At least, as I interpret your use of the word.

On a brighter note, this site locks/moves/deletes a whole lot less threads then PerformanceBoats.com. Users seem to be voting in favor of the more libertarian approach since this site has gained tremendous popularity over the alternatives.

On forums like this, vendors have more say than boaters. It's the way of the world. The people paying for the microphone have some control over who gets to use it and what they say.

It sucks. No question.

The thing is, if there were a site that was completely open... where anyone could say or post whatever they want... but you had to pay to use it, would you join? You could ask that question of lots of people and get a lot of, "Oh hell yeah! :thumbsup "... but when the site opened, it would be a ghost town. Pay sites have been tried and they failed.

RDP is probably as libertarian a site as you will find, with the exception of tiny sites like RiverChat. To host a big site with thousands of users costs money and that means advertising and that means increased content controls.

earlbrown

Reaction score
WOW. Everyone is quick to jump on the "I want to bash a vendor" bandwagon. If that was the case, I would have already called Rex a bunch of names, ranted and linked to the thread that pissed me off.

My thread was locked and moved. The moderator posted the rules concerning vendors and from what the rules said, I didn't break them.
That's why I asked if he was a mod here. I don't want any part of a site that offers protectionism and hides threads for the "in crowd". That's why I asked if he was a mod here.
For all I know other threads were buried that would have gave me a heads up before I placed my order.

rrrr, I told Brian specially that the only part I needed was the thrust bearing and that I didn't want any of the little parts to hold up the order. It was his lack of communication that cost me a couple weeks.

I really don't want to rehash the transaction I'm just looking for a board that doesn't believe in censorship and vendor nutswinging.

The boats out of order right now but here's a nice shot of my Grand National's dash...
April_1378HIFRANK.jpg

earlbrown

Reaction score
A little low on fuel.........................

Yeah. Best I remember I was in a hurry to get home.
poon.gif

EDIT: I do have boat pics. Shoes aren't as new though... Man, I really need to replace that carpet.

Attachments

• IM002689a.jpg
    IM002689a.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 440
  • IM002691a.jpg
    IM002691a.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 446

earlbrown

Reaction score
Rex is not a mod here but this site has a lot of "protectionism". At least, as I interpret your use of the word.

On a brighter note, this site locks/moves/deletes a whole lot less threads then PerformanceBoats.com. Users seem to be voting in favor of the more libertarian approach since this site has gained tremendous popularity over the alternatives.

On forums like this, vendors have more say than boaters. It's the way of the world. The people paying for the microphone have some control over who gets to use it and what they say.

It sucks. No question.

The thing is, if there were a site that was completely open... where anyone could say or post whatever they want... but you had to pay to use it, would you join? You could ask that question of lots of people and get a lot of, "Oh hell yeah! :thumbsup "... but when the site opened, it would be a ghost town. Pay sites have been tried and they failed.

RDP is probably as libertarian a site as you will find, with the exception of tiny sites like RiverChat. To host a big site with thousands of users costs money and that means advertising and that means increased content controls.

I guess I've gotten a little spoiled. Years ago www.turbobuick.com became all about the money BAD. If you so much as mentioned a vendor other than a paying vendor, they would pile on you BIG TIME. The threads were vanishing so fast it was literally impossible to click links without getting a 404.
One member got tired of it and started www.turbobuicks.com and his policy was zero protectionism, zero deletion, zero editing/moving and zero moderation. The only trick is the edit/delete button disappeared after a couple days.
If you make an ass out of yourself on that site, it's there for the whole world to see it FOREVER. Trolls didn't last long and neither did any idiots.

It was actually kinda neat. On the occasion that an actual bashing/trainwreck thread popped up. It would get ugly and without fail a good vendor would come out on top and it would always end with a few posts about people placing orders. It was a great way for other vendors to see who not to do business with.
The few bad vendors that actually screwed people left a documented record for others to see their true colors.

Unfortunately that site got sold to some mega conglomerate and now traffic is down to nothing :(

I'm not here to sling shit. Since I don't know all the players, the only way for me to know who's good and who's not is to read and search. A biased board will skew my research.

Now if I could just get my damn boat wet......
angrymouth.gif

Kylemenz1

Reaction score
Is that a dash mount boost and timing control unit? That pretty sweet if it is. :rolleyes:

earlbrown

Reaction score
Is that a dash mount boost and timing control unit? That pretty sweet if it is. :rolleyes:

No, that's a control box for my alcohol injection system. I figure if I can run on the stuff, so can my car. (it's also nice to run 28#s of boost on pump gas :) )

earlbrown

Reaction score
:eek:buddy what you said on PB was bullschite BFD asshole

WOW. Joined up on March of 2011 and 2 of your 4 posts are in this thread blindly defending Rex. Didn't even bring any facts or anything. And I thought I was the newbie :)

I was thinking this thread moved on to goofy pictures and alcohol injection modules....

I stand by everything I said in that post. Just to make sure.... I'm the asshole, right?

parkerpowersports

Reaction score
imo people make mistakes, it happens.. if your un happy with a vender or private party then dont deal with them anymore, but why make a big deal about it?

MisplacedSooner

Reaction score
Hey Byron, since I own a house slipper also for a pet, do I get a discount on the dri wash stuff? We can fight it out, BOBO V Harley, a Pom Pom V a Yorkie??? My dog still has its goobers though, in case people start laying money down....:skull

Director...
Reaction score
Hey Byron, since I own a house slipper also for a pet, do I get a discount on the dri wash stuff? We can fight it out, BOBO V Harley, a Pom Pom V a Yorkie??? My dog still has its goobers though, in case people start laying money down....:skull

Discount.....sure...you want discount?...:thumbsup....No soup for you....1 year!

parkerpowersports

Reaction score
I like those guys, including gruff but lovable Rexone. :)[/QUOTE]

well i think your all a-holes! but thats what makes it fun right?:D

Wicky

Mr. Potatohead
Reaction score
WOW. Joined up on March of 2011 and 2 of your 4 posts are in this thread blindly defending Rex. Didn't even bring any facts or anything. And I thought I was the newbie :)

I was thinking this thread moved on to goofy pictures and alcohol injection modules....

I stand by everything I said in that post. Just to make sure.... I'm the asshole, right?

Glad I'm not the only one who uses the the term "asshole" even though I never really used the term asshole. Ahole is the politically correct term for asshole and I'm not even politically correct.
Personally, I don't think that is as bad as the term piece of shit or, fucking asshole, or mother fucking cocksucking asshole piece of shit. Asshole is just a generalization with a subtle acceptable hint of derogatoryism. Tom Brown, can you help me here with an obtuse definition or Brownism if you will?
I'm ready for more goofy pictures myself.

72Hondo

Reaction score
Just drop it. I read the thread over there before it got locked. The issues you have are between you and the company. We have absolutely nothing to do with it. Maybe the Csr you spoke too over there was having a bad day. Those are the breaks. You said you found the bearing some where else. Whats more to be said? How every one is out to screw you? Get the boat ready for summer and have fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk to hide from the IT dept.

maxwedge

(Maximus Wedge-i-mus)
Reaction score
Personally, I can't believe a guy can come on here, post multiple pictures of himself apparently getting a hummer in both his boat and his car, and nobody even makes a single smart-ass comment about it, WTF?:D

squirtnmyload

now its recording
Reaction score
i don't think there is any problem with letting people know of your bad experience, and you seem to have posted quite well on the situation IMO. sure you will get all the nutswingers coming out of the woodworks but your gonna have that with anything business related that you post on a message board. i know i would never spend a dime at rex marine and i made that decision a long time ago.

drtywhat

Reaction score
I'm under the same impression.

If you're looking for a site that embraces the truth, as you see it, you have not found it. This site is not as vendor centric as PB.com but it still leans in that direction.

My understanding is, if you got screwed, or feel you got screwed, RDP is not the place to air that laundry. If an RDP vendor screwed you, you might get a tiny amount of attention from Dave but you better have rock solid evidence and, even then, don't expect a lot.

It comes down to: buyer beware. There is no buddy network where everyone is taken care of and all conduct is honorable. Keep that in mind when you're looking for vendor recommendations, including this site.

I beg to differ. The whole PBK MA thread is an awesome example of this

westair

Reaction score
Personally, I can't believe a guy can come on here, post multiple pictures of himself apparently getting a hummer in both his boat and his car, and nobody even makes a single smart-ass comment about it, WTF?:D

I'm thinking in the boat he moved on from the hummer:D

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
Rex Marine been around a long time.Istill have some Catalogs from way back.Never a problem with Mike or CS.The biggest mistake Mike has made in his business is being a Moderator,waste of your time and reputation Mike.Especially with all the time you spend showing up at different functions.Guys know who Rex Marine is,the moderator thing is a waste of business capital.

WTRR

Not On The Boat
Reaction score

He needs to stop buying boat parts and get his chick a set of bolt ons...