WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Fountain Spin Out

Patyacht

Reaction score
Ever wonder what a spin out would be like. Here is a video of the Lake of the Ozarks News and watch the 1:16 to 1:47. Lots of lucky folks but the guy in the back sitting on the hatch really got lucky!

[video=youtube;Qdw4bw1qda0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qdw4bw1qda0&feature=player_embedded"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qdw4bw1qda0&feature=player_embedded[/video]

2Driver

Reaction score
That could have been really bad. At what point do you switch from bathing suits to some sort of race gear when speed and conditions dictate

Run_em_Hard

Reaction score
Holy $hit... Glad I wasn't on that boat. Makes me question though, they are running hard enough to be airing out the probs, watch the throttle, maybe they should have jackets on.

HolyMoly

reMember
Reaction score
Holy $hit... Glad I wasn't on that boat. Makes me question though, they are running hard enough to be airing out the probs, watch the throttle, maybe they should have jackets on.

Should they have tried a different prob?

primetime

Reaction score
Way to fast with that many people on it. By the looks of the throttle work he was airing it out pretty good.

E4L

Reaction score
PHUCK excuse my french but thats scary

Tank

Reaction score
I've done that exact same thing in my Old Baja. Out by the islands came off a wake got sideways and came down on the starboard side, boat snapped to the port and threw me right the fuck out of my seat like that. Closest I've ever come to wrecking. Scary.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Holy Crap... the driver seems to go down way before anyone else, then the chick riding shot gun slams her face on the windshield while the one in the middle is bounced around and seems to get knocked out. Group in the back is kind of a big dog pile. That looked bad:thumbsdown

John

better member
Reaction score
Ever wonder what a spin out would be like. Here is a video of the Lake of the Ozarks News and watch the 1:16 to 1:47. Lots of lucky folks but the guy in the back sitting on the hatch really got lucky!

wow, that driver hits his head so hard it looks like it could have broken his neck!

HolyMoly

reMember
Reaction score
pretty interesting to see the movement when you slow it down frame by frame.

Attachments

• fountainplanking.jpg
    fountainplanking.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 800

C-2

Reaction score
Man, that was crazy. Feel bad for those peeps.

DogNamedChevy

Motor Boating
Reaction score
That chick in the yellow top hit the throttle sticks and bent them! OUCH!

Matt

C-2

Reaction score
At least she got a little cushion first (an no, not mocking them):

Attachments

• spin.jpg
    spin.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 759

28Eliminator

Reaction score
Damn.... That'll get your attention

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cajun

Reaction score
Nevermind. I was just wrong.

Last edited:

Brian B

Reaction score
Damn, glad they all made it.

I'd like to see the footage of them coming to, and sorting all that out. That chick in the yellow had to lose some teeth.....

Kylemenz1

Reaction score
That clip just proved a point to my wife. She never understood why I would get upset, even yelled, when people would not sit down in the boat.

Sent from my iPhone

bluebleeder

Reaction score
if this doesn't weake some people up, i don't know what will. I know it woke ME up.

minijeep

Reaction score
imagine it looked something like this from the shore

[video=youtube;1UEETjztLqI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UEETjztLqI[/video]

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Umm yea...that's a BASS BOAT ..ya know for fishin...not for going fast...guy is lucky.

As far as the people in the fountain, shows ya why you are all supposed to be sitting down when going fast, and yea, way too fast for the amount of people in the boat.

Buoy

Cynical Sarcastic F-er
Reaction score
I couldn't tell, was the driver hooked to lanyards?

I've been close to being ejected but managed to stay in the boat.
If you're running hard, everyone on board should be wearing a good jacket.
Sitting on the sun pad at anything more than idle is just plain stoopid.

Vmjtc3

Banned
Reaction score
I have spun a boat at low speed wile dicking with the jack plate, gave me a new respect for slow and smooth input on the wheel:thumbsup Nothing like what these people went through though, glad to hear they are all going to make it.......

NM Bullet

Reaction score
Thats a throttle there hot rod, not your dick! Very lucky people! Could have been much worse. That guy needs some lesson in boating & V-Bottom driving.

Tank

Reaction score
Thats a throttle there hot rod, not your dick! Very lucky people! Could have been much worse. That guy needs some lesson in boating & V-Bottom driving.

Compared to the master...;)

Massaged not yanked!!:D

[video=youtube;sc5Y9NipiVA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sc5Y9NipiVA&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

Last edited:

PokerRun388

Reaction score

Very lucky, I agree. If they were thrown into the water w/o life vests, it could have been much worse. Amazing how fast things can go from fun to disaster on the water...Wow!. This video was all over recently, showing a 50 cat getting way out of shape passing over a cruiser's wake....

[video=youtube;LhuQLZs3PA0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhuQLZs3PA0&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhuQLZs3PA0&feature=related[/video]

Last edited:

Deltarat

Reaction score
Maybe it's just me but when my passengers start grabbing for things to hang on to I assume they are no longer having the same fun as me and I slow the fuck down.

In my opinion the operator of that boat was being totally irresponsible and his passengers are lucky to be alive

locogringo

Yo Mama
Reaction score
Crazy to say the least.

Here are some still shots that make you pucker up...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346469247.116041.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346469269.837598.jpg

Notice the glasses???
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346469322.029659.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346469387.279740.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346469370.595360.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346469447.773680.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346469468.883898.jpg

River Cowboy

Reaction score
wow.........I have been pushing hard the last few weeks looking for top end and no I have not been in anything but shorts and a smile
going to order my new vests this weekend.
need them for a upcoming poker run
going to add an old school kill swithch to

Patyacht

Reaction score
I had 2 purposes in posting this video. We've all seen a boat spin out from afar or if in the cockpit view, it's usually is a race boat and everyone has safety equipment on. So you really don't get the personal feel of the situation. But with this video we can all relate to it. 2nd reason is if it just makes 1 of us stop and think and wake up and maybe make us more aware to possibly save a life, well that would be perfect.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Lanyards a must.. Life jacket? Personal choice.. That being said it would look to me like there was some
Errors leading up to the incident and during, but I don't want to be an arm chair quarterback..

RD

SydneyRaysDad

Average Member
Reaction score
Thanks Pat for posting that one. I'm sure you opened a few eyes.........including mine !

RandyH

Huge Member
Reaction score
That gopro camera can embolden one into thinking a 38 foot fountain can fly at will.

ChiliPepperGarage

Well Known RDP Cart Returner
Reaction score
Looking at some of those still shots it appears that the guy tried to avoid a big wake by cranking the wheel hard at high speed in a twin step boat. This is a maneuver that should be avoided at all times! I recommend he contact Tres Martin before he does some serious damage.

As far as standing up in a boat, I always stand up as do most of my passengers. That's why big offshore boats have drop out bolsters. When you are running hard in big water your ride the boat like a dirt bike. The key is to hang on properly.

These folks were just lounging about but I suspect they were not anticipating hitting a big wake.

I approach big wakes with utmost caution. I have seen too many incidents from them. I'd rather be out in the ocean in 6 footers for 30 miles than hit one big wake in a lake.

Oh, and the girl in the yellow bikini has a nice ass! :D

Marine Industries West

Reaction score
The first time the driver pulled back on the sticks, thats where they should have stayed, instead he ram rods them back at full throttle harder than Quint trying to blow up the Orca. People just don't get it. High speed turns in rough water are not safe. Who knows where the tabs were, or drive trim. Just basic common sense would have saved alot of injuries to the women.

Last edited:

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score

I take it you noticed how he had his hand on the throttle also:thumbsdown

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Glad this wasn't worse, also hope people don't think this is just a stepped hull issue. Thanks for sharing Pat.

Patyacht

Reaction score
LOTTO can get pretty sloppy. The Poker Run is probably the safe time to run hard because the water hasn't got churned up yet. But after the run the water gets really sloppy. Just like a washing machine. No pattern, it comes from all directions with no rim nor reason so it's time to slow down and proceed with caution not run full throttle. Plus with all the boat congestion those times call for taking all of the precautions for safe boating. Here is a link I borrowed from OSO on the same subject: [video=youtube;gTJpDZ6sqkw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTJpDZ6sqkw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTJpDZ6sqkw[/video]