WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

For the Real Estate Drop in sales and price Naysayers HOLD ONTO YOUR HATS

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
Prices on houses in my neighborhood have dropped a bit in the last month. Let's see if this drop in rate and the anticipated .50 drop in December will boost sales and increase prices again.

billt

Reaction score
Whatever gloom and doom they're predicting won't happen. Every good housing market is followed by a bad one.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Meanwhile the bond market is up. All the people who were waiting for the fed to lower rates are going to be wondering why aren't mortgage rates coming down? Lol.

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
1727214562545.png

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score

It's definitely not like the 2006 housing bubble. There are a lot more people in the country right now that need housing and there is a shortage of houses. Also, lenders were not giving out loans based on a handshake this time around. I don't see home prices crashing like they did back in 2007-2008. It also does depend on location though. I know places like Austin TX are having a huge slowdown in real estate sales and a lot of price drops. Just don't see that happening here in SoCal.

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
It's definitely not like the 2006 housing bubble. There are a lot more people in the country right now that need housing and there is a shortage of houses. Also, lenders were not giving out loans based on a handshake this time around. I don't see home prices crashing like they did back in 2007-2008. It also does depend on location though. I know places like Austin TX are having a huge slowdown in real estate sales and a lot of price drops. Just don't see that happening here in SoCal.

Definitely a different ownership environment, along with inflationary pressures, but that chart does not bode well for the middle class or a civil society.

JLG614

Signature Garage Design / Epoxy Flooring
Reaction score
My wife and I went to an open house for a home in La Habra Heights this past weekend. $1.5 million. It was a nice home around 3500sf kept in really nice shape but it was all original and would have to be redone. The open house was packed, I couldn't believe it for a home at that price and in that particular location. It did look to be like alot of multigenerational families which I guess is what everyone must be doing now adays. Have grandma and grandpa and the whole family living under one roof

riverroyal

Reaction score
Fed drop did nothing to morgage interest rates. Maybe for advertising to get attention.
In the end, nothing changed

JL95

Reaction score
New Braunfels TX is having a ton of price cuts on the zillow listings, new and old.
I keep getting emails

BabyRay

Reaction score
I know (or think I do) that mortgage rates are tied to bonds, and not to the Fed rate. However, it would seem there must be some indirect effect. No?

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
Had one house come up for sale three streets down from us for $1.45mil. It was on the market for a week and now it's in escrow. Nice backyard with a view and pool. Inside is livable but I would consider it a teardown. If I had to guess, I think it will close escrow over asking. We'll find out in 30 days or so.

attitude

Reaction score
Lots of home in my area of AZ sitting on the market for at or less than what they sold for a couple years ago.

We drove through a few new build neighborhoods last weekend with tons of brand new homes ready for a buyers. The problem with new builds is they can only lower the price so much before they screw up their current buyer’s equity.

This home just sold in one of my favorite neighborhoods I have found and really hurt the comps for the other homes. If I can get a sub 3000sqf single story for under 700k I would be stoked.

Last edited:

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
The neighborhood I follow in Hawaii is certainly down about 10% in value, sitting on the market for 4-6 moths and there are 4-6 units. Last year it was the highest pricing ever, 1-2 units on the market and selling within a month or less.

stillhustlin

Reaction score
I’m in production spec building in Northern Utah. Existing inventory is up and we have been slow on offers this last month. This year has been hot otherwise. On a side note we’re paying more than ever for land. 7-8k sqft lots in an average neighborhood are running around $275k now. We’re still buying land like crazy. To those that watch Washington County (St George and surrounding areas) new construction inventory is way up. From what I’ve heard Toll Brothers is pulling out of that market…

attitude

Reaction score
I went looking at some more new builds last weekend. When driving through the neighborhood I noticed there was already an open house. I looked it up on Zillow, the owner paid $817,00 for it in 2023, put a pool in and is now trying to sell for $875,000. The problem is his floor plan is no longer selling for anywhere near that, there is 3 of his exact same floor plans with tons of up grades for sale under $650,000. That’s a ton of cash to be out of in 1 year.

Added Zillow links in case anyone is interested.

Last edited:

Done-it-again

Reaction score

This property had an open house this past weekend, took a client of mine that was interested. There was a 20 minute line to get in. So far they have received multiple offers and are all over asking.

I'm sure you already know, but it closed for 80k over asking..... not to bad.

BabyRay

Reaction score
This layoff is the result the Boeing strike, combined with a company that has gotten too fat on the white collar side and has had several notable technical failures. It’s not an indication of anything related to the economy, except maybe greed. It’s important to note that they’ve been offered 30% pay increase over 4 years and $9500 per year in retirement contributions. The union turned it down with no counteroffer.

attitude

Reaction score
This layoff is the result the Boeing strike, combined with a company that has gotten too fat on the white collar side and has had several notable technical failures. It’s not an indication of anything related to the economy, except maybe greed. It’s important to note that they’ve been offered 30% pay increase over 4 years and $9500 per year in retirement contributions. The union turned it down with no counteroffer.
Well there sure has been a lot of layoffs due to companies being “too fat” this year.

No matter how you slice it, that’s still 17,000 who will need to find new jobs.

cofooter

Reaction score
The Union knows they got em by the short hairs and won't settle for "Fair" Boeing will be forced to eventually settle. Yet another blow to a once great American company that got complacent, sloppy and greedy themselves.......

billt

Reaction score
Most of those people are usually the ones that are always looking for work. If you're good at what you do, your always working. And the company you're working for doesn't want to lose you.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Well there sure has been a lot of layoffs due to companies being “too fat” this year.

Haven’t you heard the economy doing so well and they’re so short of workers they’re letting anybody come in.🤣

attitude

Reaction score
Most of those people are usually the ones that are always looking for work. If you're good at what you do, your always working. And the company you're working for doesn't want to lose you.
So in other words, the 17,000 people being laid off are basement dwellers who do not contribute to the economy?

billt

Reaction score
So in other words, the 17,000 people being laid off are basement dwellers who do not contribute to the economy?
They're basically job hoppers..... Regardless of the economy. If they were that fabulous, they wouldn't be out of work. When these companies chop, they always chop at the bottom.... Dead wood first.

attitude

Reaction score
They're basically job hoppers..... Regardless of the economy. If they were that fabulous, they wouldn't be out of work. When these companies chop, they always chop at the bottom.... Dead wood first.
I understand what you are saying; however, that is 17,000 people who will all be looking for jobs at the same time. Those people all contribute to the economy and their ability to do so will be affected until they land a new job. That is what hurts the economy.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score

These layoffs are still 3 months away according to your link. Hopefully things can be worked out before then.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
That is interesting. I know of a few large organizations that cut out the older higher paid staff. Doing so provides the most bang for the buck. There are many ways to skin the cat OR eat the dogs as they now are doing. 😝

thetub

Reaction score
i think as far as Kalifornia the saving grace is ADU permitting...

this saved the contractors from losing all their work ??? think it would be alot slower otherwise ??

thats my ASSessment ..