950ED197-538A-4D99-B38A-ED1B771832C5.jpeg

922D1BC6-6E7C-4A8A-A9DD-0CA7AA85EFCC.jpeg

DF785E2C-31DF-4B75-BFC7-17F5C9328251.jpeg

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
If you're gonna fuck something up do it right. :rolleyes:

View attachment 1405258 View attachment 1405259

Happens all the time to us so we reinforce them with Manganese steel plate instead. They don’t bend and split as often.

“ Manufacturers create high manganese steel plates by adding manganese to a base metal like carbon steel or alloy steel. This creates a material with an incredibly high level of wear resistance and tensile strength higher than that found in most conventional steels. The addition of manganese also gives these plates excellent hardenability and shock absorption capabilities”

dread Pirate

Reaction score
Happens all the time to us so we reinforce them with Manganese steel plate instead. They don’t bend and split as often.

“ Manufacturers create high manganese steel plates by adding manganese to a base metal like carbon steel or alloy steel. This creates a material with an incredibly high level of wear resistance and tensile strength higher than that found in most conventional steels. The addition of manganese also gives these plates excellent hardenability and shock absorption capabilities”

Cool! I'm working on getting it tacked back together then I'll be adding a plate across the bottom. Kids had been shoving rock around for me and the I got on to do some back blading in front of my shop I couldn't figure out what was wrong. Lifted it up,,,, oh!,,, thats whats wrong,,,

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Cool! I'm working on getting it tacked back together then I'll be adding a plate across the bottom. Kids had been shoving rock around for me and the I got on to do some back blading in front of my shop I couldn't figure out what was wrong. Lifted it up,,,, oh!,,, thats whats wrong,,,

I was looking for a pic but must be on an old phone but I demolished a backhoe bucket similarly.

I was digging in a corner of the plot in a chunk of granite doing a low profile dugout modular spec home I was building.

Bucket ripped open like a tin can. My welder was thankfully able to repair a $2k bucket but braced it all up in Manganese and it was like new until I sold that backhoe package.

coz

-------------------
Reaction score
So the boat has been sitting since last November and due to the back injury and surgery,
20240722_124206.jpg
I just pulled it to get the months of Az dust cleaned off and go out this weekend. I was at the river last week with no boat...brutal. As I was cleaning I noticed the steering was locked and I just paid $650 for a new cable just at 2 years ago. I called the shop and he said bring it in at 8am tomorrow 😳 I wasn't expecting that. 👍

cofooter

Reaction score
So the boat has been sitting since last November and due to the back injury and surgery, View attachment 1406514 I just pulled it to get the months of Az dust cleaned off and go out this weekend. I was at the river last week with no boat...brutal. As I was cleaning I noticed the steering was locked and I just paid $650 for a new cable just at 2 years ago. I called the shop and he said bring it in at 8am tomorrow 😳 I wasn't expecting that. 👍
If the cable is sitting in water in the bulge it will wash the grease out eventually and the cable will freeze in the jacket. No way to re-lube it.....

coz

-------------------
Reaction score
If the cable is sitting in water in the bulge it will wash the grease out eventually and the cable will freeze in the jacket. No way to re-lube it.....
I don't keep my boat in the water and drain the bilge after every user. I should get more than 2 years for a new steering cable. 😊👍

cofooter

Reaction score
I don't keep my boat in the water and drain the bilge after every user. I should get more than 2 years for a new steering cable. 😊👍
Certainly should if it stays dry!!!

Reactions: coz