WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Channel Trash šŸ—‘ļø

Keymyster

Reaction score
What is going on with the trash situation? Trash cans in the channel have been full for almost all day. Usually they have a guy driving around in a bobcat and another throwing the trash into a basket. But these cans have been full four a while with nobody in sight to pick up. I tell my kids leave the lake better than you arrived. Lol the daughter said today ā€œdad the cans are overflowing and on the beach and sidewalkā€ just a sample of all the cans overflowing and I have seen better on a holiday weekend. RD wouldnā€™t let this happen if he was mayoršŸ˜‚ The city and Mayor needs to do something about this. View attachment 1258451 View attachment 1258453
I bet the mayors resort doesnā€™t look like this.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
The channel vibe changed after the canopies started appearing. It's never going back, but it was a much better scene before the island was developed allowing people to park and walk down.
Bullseye. Right over the target
I agree things changed in the channel during covid with the EZ ups, etc.
However, I still say that MTV's Spring break gatherings here were truly when the "vibe" in Havasu in general began its shift. Hard to downplay how much raunchiness there was back in the day....but its rare we think of future consequences ahead 20+ years during those instances.
But ultimately, the popularity growth of Havasu combined with the closing or overt-enforcement of areas that were frequented with the raunchiness pushed it into the channel.

LakeMeadLavey

Reaction score
Who the F*ck brings glass bottles on the beach? Corona's, Modelo's and Bud Light well that pretty much sums it up for me.

That said, at least they made an effort to try and throw in the trash. We stay away from that channel shit show and have zero desire to wade in the cesspool piss water.

checkrdpast

Reaction score
All that trash on the beach
Can you imagine what's IN the channel?
Instead of CO detectors, They should take urine samples

I used to walk my dog at "the beach" on the island
I went to to the city and they gave me a whole case of trash bags
Sometimes you have to take matters in your own hands
You are better than most!

Todd Mohr

Will Race For Beer
Reaction score
I think the channel is what makes Havasu different, I can't think of a day where you either start of finish the day there. I'm never one to hang out all day, but a great place to meet up in the morning or relax in the evening and watch the show.

Skinny Tire AH

This ain't all folks! Skater368
Reaction score
I agree things changed in the channel during covid with the EZ ups, etc.
However, I still say that MTV's Spring break gatherings here were truly when the "vibe" in Havasu in general began its shift. Hard to downplay how much raunchiness there was back in the day....but its rare we think of future consequences ahead 20+ years during those instances.
But ultimately, the popularity growth of Havasu combined with the closing or overt-enforcement of areas that were frequented with the raunchiness pushed it into the channel.
As if I wrote it.

I was going to Havasu since I had my 1st, 21ā€™ new style Daytona. I think 88-89?

Weā€™d sit in the channel and there were just a few boats, no matter what. Butā€¦things change

DFDA10D3-1F5D-452B-8640-4BE319F71A27.jpeg

Just found the picture on my phone. šŸ˜‚

Last edited:

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
As if I wrote it.

I was going to Havasu since I had my 1st, 21ā€™ new style Daytona. I think 88-89?

Weā€™d sit in the channel and there were just a few boats, no matter what. Butā€¦things change

I remember the first time thru the channel in pops jet bƶtĆØ. 1982. It wasn't even a 10 year old bƶtĆØ yet. Mostly family runabouts back then. Black Meadow landing at the 4th of July week. After growing up on Puddlestone and Silverwood lakes, Havasu seemed huge and endless.

Dan'l

westair

Reaction score
At least it wasn't left strewn all over the beach. As said, usually the City has guys keeping these trash cans emptied. Something must have happened.
I give the city a lot of credit for how clean and nice they keep everything .... I usually walk down there in the mornings so I agree something just delayed it a few hours. definitely that's not a typical occurrence

westair

Reaction score
The city could make enough on charging the parking fee to pay for more enforcement and trash service. Channel is always packed, that would be quite a bit of $$$.
Come on now! ... more fees and enforcement??

Mini Kat

Hammer Makin' Payments
Reaction score
As if I wrote it.

View attachment 1259042
Just found the picture on my phone. šŸ˜‚
So what color was your boat? Do you have in a pictures of it?

Keymyster

Reaction score
The city could make enough on charging the parking fee to pay for more enforcement and trash service. Channel is always packed, that would be quite a bit of $$$.
Thereā€™s Ca thinking. Just like Moabi. :mad:

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
Come on now! ... more fees and enforcement??
Well clearly the channel has changed and not for the better. What are your ideas to improve it?

Honestly I donā€™t care, I donā€™t go there and donā€™t like going there if others want to. So I avoid it.

Would I go if it was better managed? Possibly. Just note that I am rarely there on the weekdays which is when itā€™s a non issue.

Maybe just charge the parking fee on weekends and holidays? Or to anyone with a non AZ registered boat?

Or donā€™t do anything at all and enjoy the eyesore. Which would make @Keymyster happy.

westair

Reaction score
Well clearly the channel has changed and not for the better. What are your ideas to improve it?

Honestly I donā€™t care, I donā€™t go there and donā€™t like going there if others want to. So I avoid it.

Would I go if it was better managed? Possibly. Just note that I am rarely there on the weekdays which is when itā€™s a non issue.

Maybe just charge the parking fee on weekends and holidays? Or to anyone with a non AZ registered boat?

Or donā€™t do anything at all and enjoy the eyesore. Which would make @Keymyster happy.
There's always room for improvement but the majority of the time there's only a handful of boats in the channel and a beautiful place just to hangout. It only gets crowded during summer months and then mostly just weekends. ..... imo the havasu police have a good presence and watch over things pretty well... think positive its keeps 100's of boats from being out on the lake and probably a lot who shouldn't be operating one!!

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
There's always room for improvement but the majority of the time there's only a handful of boats in the channel and a beautiful place just to hangout. It only gets crowded during summer months and then mostly just weekends. ..... imo the havasu police have a good presence and watch over things pretty well... think positive its keeps 100's of boats from being out on the lake and probably a lot who shouldn't be operating one!!
And it does nto tax Havasuā€™s resources chancing issues far away from stations like police and fire.

TCHB

Reaction score
1.$800 beach pass for the year
2. New white sand put down!
3. More rest rooms that are spotless.
Reservations for a spot. If not used a $200 fine.
5. No rental platforms.

PlanB

Reaction score
5. No rental platforms.
If the passes apply to canopies count me in.

MR HARLEY

Reaction score
5. No rental platforms.
spiderman-j-jonah-jameson.gif

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score

pretty simple fix if you ask me. they don't need to charge anything.

Below the concrete barrier is boat parking only, swim at your own risk. people who come by car or foot are still more than welcome but all there stuff stays above the concrete wall. and not on the walking path. And by boat I mean a motorized, registered vessel that moves under its own power, with a proper engine. trolling motors do not count. no ezups or umbrellas below the barrier period.

do that and the problem will self correct with minimal enforcement

LGETT

Diving In
Reaction score
Havasu is not a big city.
Itā€™s a weekend Gomorrah.
Frankly, after living there full time for 4 years, I honestly do not understand the attraction.
But Thatā€™s just me. I grew up in Gods country where you would run a river for WEEKS and never see another boat.
To me, the lake and channel are more of a spectacle than a boating
Should have done some research prior to moving to Havasu if you wanted to enjoy boating in isolation, totally different environment that is not for everyone's likings.

My comment was not referring to Havasu as a big city, again just a little research before diving into the shallow in head first.

I'm always amused when people refer to Havasu by just the Channel, party cove, or sand bar. There is a big lake and river with plenty of areas that are free of the "party scene" or crowds.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Should have done some research prior to moving to Havasu if you wanted to enjoy boating in isolation, totally different environment that is not for everyone's likings.

My comment was not referring to Havasu as a big city, again just a little research before diving into the shallow in head first.

I'm always amused when people refer to Havasu by just the Channel, party cove, or sand bar. There is a big lake and river with plenty of areas that are free of the "party scene" or crowds.
I moved to havasu with no illusions.
It was a therapeutic time for me which I knew would be temporary.

grumpy88

Reaction score
I don't understand why people dont think somebody has the right to walk down the sidewalk and sit on the public beach and enjoy the river in the channel . What is the hierarchy of space ? How expensive your boat is ? If your a Arizona resident ? Do you get top tier reserved space because you live in Havasu full time and own a dcb ?

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I don't understand why people dont think somebody has the right to walk down the sidewalk and sit on the public beach and enjoy the river in the channel . What is the hierarchy of space ? How expensive your boat is ? If your a Arizona resident ? Do you get top tier reserved space because you live in Havasu full time and own a dcb ?

Seriously. Everyone has the same rights to the public space.

The holier than thou attitude here is disappointing, but not surprising.

You want a spot? Get up and out on the water earlier.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
You guys proposing these ā€œcostā€ and rules will ruin it for all. Open it all up to everyone. Wake up earlier if you donā€™t like it. Look at the sandbar. Now itā€™s so overgrown itā€™s barely usable.

STFU and take the 40 but stay in Laughlin donā€™t come to havasu if you donā€™t like it. Whatever you do donā€™t take rice road. I hear there is a maniac that drives on it

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
Seriously. Everyone has the same rights to the public space.

The holier than thou attitude here is disappointing, but not surprising.

You want a spot? Get up and out on the water earlier.
Is my attitude ā€œholier than thouā€ because itā€™s devolved into a shit show?

The mosh pit that place has turned into is a joke.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Yet's not glaze of the fact of getting rid of those freankin floating cabanas pontons.

Same questionā€¦ why do those have any less standing to be there in the Channel than anyone else?

If anything the owner has more standing.. heā€™s the one paying the city to operate his business.

Mini Kat

Hammer Makin' Payments
Reaction score
That's weird.
I never have a problem finding parking in the channel
It's a cop saying anything I just tell them that it's my ice chest.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230729_141248_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230729_141248_Chrome.jpg
    563.7 KB · Views: 104
  • Screenshot_20230729_141232_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230729_141232_Chrome.jpg
    579.4 KB · Views: 98
  • Screenshot_20230729_141301_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230729_141301_Chrome.jpg
    557.6 KB · Views: 93
  • Screenshot_20230729_141057_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230729_141057_Chrome.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 97
  • Screenshot_20230729_141128_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230729_141128_Chrome.jpg
    425.5 KB · Views: 103

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Is my attitude ā€œholier than thouā€ because itā€™s devolved into a shit show?

The mosh pit that place has turned into is a joke.

What you deem a ā€œshit showā€ is what other people deem funā€¦ so I guess my answer would be yes on your attitude because that is a near perfect definition of the term I used.

The tourists draw is not a joke. The city does not think the revenue drag from the channel tourism is a joke either.

What do you think actually goes on in there? 90% of the time the place is pretty quiet.

If one is willing to pay money for entrance to the channel hereā€™s an idea, save your money just boat during the week when very few people are there.

I was out boating yesterday. It was a great day, very quiet.

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
What you deem a ā€œshit showā€ is what other people deem funā€¦ so I guess my answer would be yes on your attitude because that is a near perfect definition of the term I used.

The tourists draw is not a joke. The city does not think the revenue drag from the channel tourism is a joke either.

What do you think actually goes on in there? 90% of the time the place is pretty quiet.

If one is willing to pay money for entrance to the channel hereā€™s an idea, save your money just boat during the week when very few people are there.

I was out boating yesterday. It was a great day, very quiet.
No argument on weekdays.

Like I said earlier in this thread, I donā€™t beach anyway so my opinion carries zero weight

MR HARLEY

Reaction score
Anybody wanna party with me this weekend in the channel?

Gonna be loud music, cold beer, good food, great attitudes, chicks half naked. Might even see me in a speedo.

Don't fock around either, my lil crew will have their water cannons at the ready. šŸ¤£šŸ˜†

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
That's weird.
I never have a problem finding parking in the channel
It's a cop saying anything I just tell them that it's my ice chest.
Ha ha . I was there the day Darrell (Shadow) and his buddies put your mini on the upper sand.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Ha ha . I was there the day Darrell (Shadow) and his buddies put your mini on the upper sand.
At 3 Dunes, Ranger Tom's PWC once got carried into the reeds. Tom thought it was hilarious, when he finally found it.

PlanB

Reaction score
Same questionā€¦ why do those have any less standing to be there in the Channel than anyone else?

If anything the owner has more standing.. heā€™s the one paying the city to operate his business.
I have wondered about a boat being moored without state registration. I know these boats don't have propulsion (sailboats don't and have to be registered) but does that make them exempt from having to be registered? Dallas has connections with the city so he will never be questioned. I wonder if I were to drag a toon around without a motor, and put it on miscellaneous beaches if I would be stopped by LE.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I have wondered about a boat being moored without state registration. I know these boats don't have propulsion (sailboats don't and have to be registered) but does that make them exempt from having to be registered? Dallas has connections with the city so he will never be questioned. I wonder if I were to drag a toon around without a motor, and put it on miscellaneous beaches if I would be stopped by LE.
Good questions

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
No argument on weekdays.

Like I said earlier in this thread, I donā€™t beach anyway so my opinion carries zero weight

I understand your point of view here. My counter is twofold-

Lake Havasu is not the culture or class police. My opinion is that I donā€™t want government in that business.

There are plenty of opportunities and options to use the channel on your terms, and it exists mostly ā€œhow it used to beā€.

If you boat on Havasu during non holidays, midweek, only grumpiest of RDP members could find something to complain about.

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
I understand your point of view here. My counter is twofold-

Lake Havasu is not the culture or class police. My opinion is that I donā€™t want government in that business.

There are plenty of opportunities and options to use the channel on your terms, and it exists mostly ā€œhow it used to beā€.

If you boat on Havasu during non holidays, midweek, only grumpiest of RDP members could find something to complain about.
Since I retired, I can pick and choose my times.

Beyond that, Iā€™d guesstimate that a majority of the inmates here are pro channel as it is.

My attitude was no different 30 years ago, before I got sober. I just donā€™t like crowds, never have.

Little kids in the water next to my boat, throwing wet sand at each other, dogs shitting, competing loud music.

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score

From the Az Game and Fish Department:

"Arizona law requires that all motorized watercraft operating on Arizona waters must be registered in the State with the following exceptions."

Sail boats with registration have some sort of "harbor power", like a 5 or 10 HP outboard. So it's considered a power boat.

A pontoon boat, less outboard power (and less registration), theoretically, would be legal to park at the channel. Essentially a barge. Tow or push it with a jet ski/pwc.

Just a Cabana? I brought my entire front porch!

I stay 80 miles up river and always find an empty beach. Skinny water is my friend. It's been a few years since I've been through the channel, 8 or 9 years ago. It wasn't quite the zoo it is today, but busy none the less.

Dan'l

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Since I retired, I can pick and choose my times.

Beyond that, Iā€™d guesstimate that a majority of the inmates here are pro channel as it is.

My attitude was no different 30 years ago, before I got sober. I just donā€™t like crowds, never have.

Little kids in the water next to my boat, throwing wet sand at each other, dogs shitting, competing loud music.

The solution is simple for those folks. Take a weekday off and go boating. There is your channel entry ā€œfeeā€.