WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Bass Pro Shops Irvine

JB in so cal

Reaction score
Been delayed several times. 140,000 square feet. Now some time in late march. I'm thinking they can't find people to work that know about anything they sell.

Camping. Shooting. Boats. Fishing. So much other scary outdoor stuff...

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
Been delayed several times. 140,000 square feet. Now some time in late march. I'm thinking they can't find people to work that know about anything they sell.

And especially over there.....ain't no Asians shopping there. 😂😂

Backlash

Reaction score
I used to love Cabela's and Bass Pro when they had SOME "Made in USA" goods......now, everything they offer seems to be made in other countries. 🙄

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score

All that stuff you mentioned isn’t done by democrats. Unless they’re trying to ban all that.

NIKAL

Reaction score
I’m really surprised they built a Bass Pro in Irvine. It does not really make sense and does not follow their previous market research per what Bass Pro Corp. told me years ago.

Years ago Bass Pro was considering building a store in San Diego. To me this made total sense as you have all of San Diego up to Temecula. Mexico, which people will cross the boarder to shop. Then you have the I8 direct access to the valley. But what I was told is their own research said that they had enough customers willing to drive to the Rancho Cucamonga, from south of RC and into San Diego that if they built one in San San Diego, it would effect customers and overall sales at the RC location. Plus their study’s showed they had a calculated radius around each super store (can’t remember, maybe 100 miles?) but that they would not build super stores close enough to take customers away from another location as long as customers are willing to travel.

This was before the merger with Cabela’s and that was another point they made, saying our primary competitor is not in the San Diego market, so it’s not like we need to be there to compete for sales.

I know I will drive to Irvine as it’s closer than Rancho Cucamonga, so better for me! For those that don’t know, Rancho is 180,000sqft, and Irvine is 140,000sqft, so considerably smaller, but still huge!

Badchoices03

Reaction score
Closer to Santa Ana so the Mexicans don’t have to drive so far to get their bass pro hats…lol

LazyLavey

Reaction score
When you consider the distance b/t other locations, Rancho ain't that far from Irvine....

2Driver

Reaction score
Never thought Bass Pro stores were much of anything.
Phoenix just got a Scheels. I thought it was way nicer, not quite as hunt oriented as Cabelas but a great store

2Driver

Reaction score
Phoenix just got a Scheels. I thought it was way nicer, not quite as hunt oriented as Cabelas but a great store

ChrisV

Reaction score
Ya. I'm gonna take Chris for his first time. Lol
D979EC37-5256-4A29-BB07-EE4F7FDD8E29.jpeg

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
Well if Walmart cant make a go there then I don't know what chance Bass Pro has?

We love that Costco but instead travel south to San Juan Costco where the people are not self centered pieces of dog shit who cant park a car.

Last edited:

Backlash

Reaction score
I've never been to a Scheels but I hear good things about them. 👍

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Well if Walmart cant make a go there the I don't know what chance Bass Pro has?

We love that Costco but instead travel south to San Juan Costco where the people are not self centered pieces of dog shit who cant park a car.

Its crazy. I was in there this weekend and I don't know how many people I saw try to go around the line of people meandering only to be forced back due to someone coming the other way. If these people ever tried to drive rice road they would all be dead. Not a single ounce of patience, common sense or general politeness in the bunch.

Dannyo

Reaction score
Well if Walmart cant make a go there the I don't know what chance Bass Pro has?

Agreed. That costco fits the demographics and it is terrible. I'm also surprised bass went into Irvine because they have some ordinance that only allows limited stores with firearms. Wonder if that store will sell it. Along with Big 5 pulling all firearms out of CA due to the surveillance law...

Flatsix66

Reaction score
That Irvine Costco is a trip. At least during the week, in the daytime, it seems like everyone in there is fresh off the boat from China or some other non-euro country, but appearing quite wealthy. Lots of Asian and middle east dudes wearing Adidas track suits and flip flops not working but driving fancy cars.

Deckin Around

Reaction score
Irvine ppl are always home
except when they are at Costco.

Contrary to popular belief, there isn’t a super majority of any race in Irvine. Both my kids elementary classes are basically the same roughly 30% white 30% mixed Asian/islander, 15% indian, 10% other middle eastern, 10% hispanic. 5%black and other. I’d guess newer areas might have a higher % of asian owners but a lot of those houses get rented out or not occupied at all.
I’ve lived in I-town for most of my 43 years. My experiences living in San Diego, Fullerton, Placentia, Lake Forest were pretty different. None of those places would I be comefortable having my wife and kids walk anywhere especially after dark.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score

Contrary to popular belief, there isn’t a super majority of any race in Irvine. Both my kids elementary classes are basically the same roughly 30% white 30% mixed Asian/islander, 15% indian, 10% other middle eastern, 10% hispanic. 5%black and other. I’d guess newer areas might have a higher % of asian owners but a lot of those houses get rented out or not occupied at all.
I’ve lived in I-town for most of my 43 years. My experiences living in San Diego, Fullerton, Placentia, Lake Forest were pretty different. None of those places would I be comefortable having my wife and kids walk anywhere especially after dark.
Police force in Irvine is no joke.

Worked in Irvine for quite a few years. You don't want to be mexican and drive a hooptie or you are getting pulled over for everything often....lol Had a ton of Hispanic co workers that got harassed a ton leaving the office or driving around for lunch.:D

Granted they were probably high or driving a stolen car....haha

ChrisV

Reaction score
Have they started your interior?
No. An AZ property came for sale so had to hop on it. I might try to swing it for July but we’ll see with Kevin’s schedule.

Deckin Around

Reaction score

Worked in Irvine for quite a few years. You don't want to be mexican and drive a hooptie or you are getting pulled over for everything often....lol Had a ton of Hispanic co workers that got harassed a ton leaving the office or driving around for lunch.:D

All true but watchout if there is no messicans around and don't drive anything custom. Only teslas are allowed. I've probably had 30+ IPD tickets over 20 years if you include fix-it-tickets when I was younger. Everything from no mudflaps on a lifted truck to doing doughnuts at Del Taco when I was 16. Shit, at least 10 tint tickets alone, a bunch of exhaust and no front plate tickets and a handfull of cell phone tickets. 70% from sneaky moto cops.
I tried to flirt my way out of this speeding ticket with a FEMALE IPD moto officer, it didn’t work. They all have laser speed guns so radar detectors don’t work until it’s too late
66362E1D-FB50-48E6-9B22-67488E668659.jpeg

Last edited:

Justsomeguy

Reaction score

What part of Fullerton? That matters. If you're passed malvern. You're fine at night. If you're on say lemon and Valencia. Yeah I wouldn't walk at night either.

Deckin Around

Reaction score
What part of Fullerton? That matters. If you're passed malvern. You're fine at night. If you're on say lemon and Valencia. Yeah I wouldn't walk at night either.
agreed, half my extended fam lives there in what I consider nicer areas. Wife and I bought a house before we were married Malvern and Basque and then almost to Highland and Chapman closer to downtown where my aunt owns a duplex which was a little better but mostly the same. Random crackheads and crazy people cruising the neighborhoods on bikes and the homies and bums in all the local parks.

C_J_J_C

Reaction score

There is a joke / not a joke that there is a tighter border between Santa Ana and Irvine than Mexico and the US.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
There is a joke / not a joke that there is a tighter border between Santa Ana and Irvine than Mexico and the US.
No doubt....grew up in Tustin and had more than a couple stops in my younger days...lol

Albert

Reaction score
I was just in chandler bass pro is a baby shop compared to this …
IMG_1509.jpeg
IMG_1478.jpeg

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
IPD is aggressive I will agree with that. Up Sand Canyon near Irvine Blvd they pull commercial enforcement stings all the time trying to catch the Bee Canyon commercial dump folks. I've been wrapped up in that BS back when I had Box trucks.

Justsomeguy

Reaction score
agreed, half my extended fam lives there in what I consider nicer areas. Wife and I bought a house before we were married Malvern and Basque and then almost to Highland and Chapman closer to downtown where my aunt owns a duplex which was a little better but mostly the same. Random crackheads and crazy people cruising the neighborhoods on bikes and the homies and bums in all the local parks.
I grew up by laguna lake. Fullerton pd didn't mess around on my side of town. If anything happened in our neighbor hood. It was locked down tight pretty quick.

My friends still live off basque and little Chapman. Tweakers are not lacking over there for sure.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
San Diego doesn't have any superstores for fishing, hunting or anything like that.

We have a Dick's, a Big 5, a Turner's, and an REI. The Walmarts have pretty large fishing sections. There's specialty pelagic shops down by Point Loma.

Last edited:

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
Just a wild-ass guess . . . but I'm thinking the Irvine Bass Pro Shops will get a bunch of tourist money from Disneyland guests.
Tie that in to the Spectrum, or Fascist Island / South Coast Plaza . . . and it becomes part of the spending circuit.

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
Irvine is massive. This is at the 5 fwy and Alton Pkwy.

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
I grew up by laguna lake. Fullerton pd didn't mess around on my side of town. If anything happened in our neighbor hood. It was locked down tight pretty quick.

My friends still live off basque and little Chapman. Tweakers are not lacking over there for sure.
I have fished at Lake Laguna many times as a kid. Cool place I think. I worked at LeBard and Underwood Honda in the Parts dept pushing the freaking motorcycles in and back out front what seemed like a million times.:)

ltbaney1

Reaction score
I imagine they have the same problem as Turners when i worked there. almost 20 years ago. the manager was real upfront, the pay is SHIT (min. wage) but the perks are worth it to some, anything in the store we payed cost +10%, we fished for free on any boat out of Daveys locker in newport, free range time at Firing line and Rahagues and we got to work with like minded people. the store had about 18 guys total, i can imagine finding enough people to work a bass pro with some knowledge in that area would be really tough.

Flatsix66

Reaction score
I imagine they have the same problem as Turners when i worked there. almost 20 years ago. the manager was real upfront, the pay is SHIT (min. wage) but the perks are worth it to some, anything in the store we payed cost +10%, we fished for free on any boat out of Daveys locker in newport, free range time at Firing line and Rahagues and we got to work with like minded people. the store had about 18 guys total, i can imagine finding enough people to work a bass pro with some knowledge in that area would be really tough.
Sounds like a good retirement gig.