WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

At the Islander launch ramp today.... Oops

250Eagle

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408253742.254465.jpg
This was the crane on scene to pick it up while we all wait for the ramp to open back up.

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
So would Sea-tow or Vessel assist cover this? :)

spotondl

In a Purple Haze
Reaction score
Damn!!! Looking at the timecode in that video the guy had all of 3 seconds to react to a significant and ultimately catastrophic malfunction. Really sucks to see that happen. Miracle that nobody was injured & the only damage was the the guys boat & ego. That could very well be a fellow RDP'r.

That video is definitely worth something to the boat owner, his insurance company, and LE. There's some significant damage to that boat. TV? Who cares?

You idiots that are calling incompetence are true armchair, blowhard experts, and we know what those are worth. 3 seconds, maybe less, with a stuck throttle, runaway situation. Probably the same assholes that get their jollies at Site 6 at others expense.

Sad to see many of the responses here. Should be ashamed of yourselves.

Raffit78

Reaction score
Just glad no one was unloading at the dock where he ended. This could have been real bad. I'm not certain if the owner is on rdp or not, the video I think can be helpful for insurance purposes. Sad seeing a nice boat sitting on asphalt.

primetime

Reaction score
Damn!!! Looking at the timecode in that video the guy had all of 3 seconds to react to a significant and ultimately catastrophic malfunction. Really sucks to see that happen. Miracle that nobody was injured & the only damage was the the guys boat & ego. That could very well be a fellow RDP'r.

That video is definitely worth something to the boat owner, his insurance company, and LE. There's some significant damage to that boat. TV? Who cares?

You idiots that are calling incompetence are true armchair, blowhard experts, and we know what those are worth. 3 seconds, maybe less, with a stuck throttle, runaway situation. Probably the same assholes that get their jollies at Site 6 at others expense.

Sad to see many of the responses here. Should be ashamed of yourselves.

I said if "I had to guess" but to be honest I do not see any signs that point to a stuck throttle. He clearly puts it in full reverse and then throws the throttle in full forward. I'm not saying it can't be a stuck throttle but based on the video my GUESS would be driver error.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Sunday morning funnies. 👍

Funny to watch, but however it happened, that fucking sucks. Bad weekend of boating for lots of peeps. :(

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
What is with the crane, it's screwed up now just drag it back down the ramp..

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
That sucks! Wonder if it's anyone from RDP or someone's friend being it happened at Islander?

OutCole'd

Raging Member
Reaction score
If the home at top of ramp went on the market,what would the ask $$$ be.You guys got it made at Islander,nice.

In todays market, i'd guess about 250K. At the peak over 400K. That's a lot for a two bedroom mobile that you don't own the dirt and pay a monthly lease of probably$600 for.

LBLL

Low Budget Livin' Large
Reaction score
sounds like the it the motor was blipping off the neutral rev limiter and the driver didn't realize it. Not sure how he was even able to get the drive to engage, especially from reverse to forward. He probably didn't get the whole make sure the throttle is in the down position before starting and don't even touch it when around the docks lecture. I've started my boat with the throttle up and took me a few to realize why the engine was acting that way. Luckily I knew enough not to put in gear.

Singleton

Reaction score
He freaked out when it jumped in reverse. At that point he should of killed it (via key or safety). The minute he put it in forward he was asking for trouble. My gut says the operator and/or owner wants the video down, no way an insurance company will cover that when he should of killed the engine to reduce any major harm.

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
I would of had Sea Tow drag it back in the water and then onto the trailer. That's just me thinking about everyone else's day, waiting.

BTW we have had throttle problems in our throttle by wire system before. We now have computer circuit breakers on the dash just above the throttles.

Abc123

Banned
Reaction score
I would of had Sea Tow drag it back in the water and then onto the trailer. That's just me thinking about everyone else's day, waiting.

BTW we have had throttle problems in our throttle by wire system before. We now have computer circuit breakers on the dash just above the throttles.

I wonder if he even had a choice in the matter. Im sure the Islander called for the crane and then handed him the bill.

primetime

Reaction score
Question, let's say it was a throttle issue and when he freaked out and put it into gear wouldn't it strip the gears at that high of rpm? I have seen that happen before where it just snaps the lower.

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
He freaked out when it jumped in reverse. At that point he should of killed it (via key or safety). The minute he put it in forward he was asking for trouble. My gut says the operator and/or owner wants the video down, no way an insurance company will cover that when he should of killed the engine to reduce any major harm.

Insurance companies don't have the option of not covering an incident based on their assumption that the operator panicked and didn't act appropriately in moderately stressful moment.
If they could, female and gay male drivers would be uninsurable. :cool

OutCole'd

Raging Member
Reaction score
Talked to a couple of people who both said throttle stuck wide open. Hindsight is always 20/20, shut it down.

Royal on here said hull damage was minimal, hopefully it's all good.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I really want to see the video.. Whom ever posted it can you send me a link?

linus3

Reaction score
Regardless, that was hard to watch.:yikes Like mentioned before, glad no one was hurt. :thumbsup

boat527

Reaction score
I have the link, but the video has been removed

I just watched it twice at 3:20.. Still works on my laptop.. Cant view it on the phone tho..

Looks like a little too much throttle in reverse then PANIC! Sad

DeltaSigBoater

This is... Legendary!
Reaction score
I couldn't watch it via the kink, but I was able to download it :D

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Link worked on hotboat for some reason. Crazy shit.

Havasu Catman

Reaction score
sounds like the it the motor was blipping off the neutral rev limiter and the driver didn't realize it. Not sure how he was even able to get the drive to engage, especially from reverse to forward. He probably didn't get the whole make sure the throttle is in the down position before starting and don't even touch it when around the docks lecture. I've started my boat with the throttle up and took me a few to realize why the engine was acting that way. Luckily I knew enough not to put in gear.

After listening to the video a few times I think you hit the nail on the head. Probably a 496 with a neutral rev limiter. He started it not knowing the throttle was pushed forward. Once he put it in reverse the rev limiter kicked off. He panicked and pushed it into forward. The rest is history.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Found the link......

[video=youtube;pg8lFzeKgEM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pg8lFzeKgEM&sns=em[/video]

250Eagle

Reaction score
After listening to the video a few times I think you hit the nail on the head. Probably a 496 with a neutral rev limiter. He started it not knowing the throttle was pushed forward. Once he put it in reverse the rev limiter kicked off. He panicked and pushed it into forward. The rest is history.

According to some friends that where thee and caught the tail end of the misshape said that for about 10 minutes that it was banging on the rev limiter. They final walked over to see what the hell was going on and caught the forward flight up the ramp. They said he had a throttle issue of some sort. But know one really knows what. I do know if it was banging of the limiter I don't understand why it was ever taken off the trailer, especially if it was a throttle issue. Either way you look at it, it sucks big time.

primetime

Reaction score
At the :11 second mark it looks and sounds like he revs it. The boat leans with the torque?????

dschifan

Reaction score
It's guys like this that make us pay big bucks for insurance. I feel not one bit bad for the guy and his boat after seeing the video. Straight dumbass, scares me more everyday boating with my family with fucktards like this out there

Mini Kat

Hammer Makin' Payments
Reaction score
You know if that was a Jetboat he could have saved that Prop/Impeller? :p

wishiknew

Reaction score
It's guys like this that make us pay big bucks for insurance. I feel not one bit bad for the guy and his boat after seeing the video. Straight dumbass, scares me more everyday boating with my family with fucktards like this out there

I was boating last weekend about 4 or five miles above needles bridge at about 40 mph and this jack wad comes up on the right of me on a jetski and he could of given me a high five that's how close he was to the side of my boat and gives me a thumbs up as he is spraying me in the face ! I gave him a 1 finger salute ! WTF is wrong with these people ?