WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

A day in the life of an HVAC technician

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
With the price of R-22 right now, this is a pricey load here....

20160922_151337.jpg

210 lbs @ about $27/pound

dezertrider

Reaction score
They're gonna be converting this store to 407a soon so we're just keeping the 1200# system barely satisfied.

Back in the day I worked for GHV refrigeration that is now Source refrigeration. We converted all the R502 and R12 stores to R22 because it was so much cheaper. And now we are converting all of the R 22 stores. Refrigerant conversions are going to be a good source of income in the future because all those new gases are going to have another replacement in a few years. Global warming is good business

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Back in the day I worked for GHV refrigeration that is now Source refrigeration. We converted all the R502 and R12 stores to R22 because it was so much cheaper. And now we are converting all of the R 22 stores. Refrigerant conversions are going to be a good source of income in the future because all those new gases are going to have another replacement in a few years. Global warming is good business
Oh yeah. I read somewhere that the industry is trying to get 407 and 404 essentially a stay of execution. I hope so too cause that is most of our sites.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Today was an exciting day.

I had my personal system delivered to my house today
View attachment 514198

And one of the employees had an incident with my work truck.
View attachment 514199

Everyone is ok, So that's the good side. Unfortunately the cost of having that truck out of service can't be made up.

Wayn-o

Reaction score
Things never cease to amaze me. Not sure if this a "power exhaust" or some kind of forced induction. And this is on a hospital roof!
Power Exhaust.jpg

Then there is the poor mans NEMA 3R enclosure for the VFD! WTF?
Nema 3R.jpg

dezertrider

Reaction score
Things never cease to amaze me. Not sure if this a "power exhaust" or some kind of forced induction. And this is on a hospital roof!
View attachment 520020

Then there is the poor mans NEMA 3R enclosure for the VFD! WTF?
View attachment 520021

That looks like in house talent. Why hire a contractor when they can hire a handy man to do the same thing lololol

I always tell my customers that you can pay me now to do it correctly or pay me later to fix it. Either way I will get paid

Dalton

Reaction score
I'm assuming a few people have the C20 license in here, did you guys go the school route or just study on your own?

Wayn-o

Reaction score
I'm assuming a few people have the C20 license in here, did you guys go the school route or just study on your own?

I went to UTI trade schoolin Phoenix for 9 months. They no longer offer the HVAC program. Depending on where you are, Orange Coast College has always offered a good HVAC program.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I went to UTI trade schoolin Phoenix for 9 months. They no longer offer the HVAC program. Depending on where you are, Orange Coast College has always offered a good HVAC program.
Another 2 good HVAC programs are Cypress College and Mt. San Antonio College

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
I don't think he's looking for trade school. He's asking about contractors license courses.

Dalton

Reaction score
I don't think he's looking for trade school. He's asking about contractors license courses.

Thanks, yes I'm asking about the schools that cater their courses specifically to the c20 test, I did the HVAC program at Mohave community college then also did the army's HVAC program

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks, yes I'm asking about the schools that cater their courses specifically to the c20 test, I did the HVAC program at Mohave community college then also did the army's HVAC program

The courses are nice as many will guarantee a pass for the test. I have been looking at getting my B license.

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
The courses are nice as many will guarantee a pass for the test. I have been looking at getting my B license.

How difficult was it to get your c-20 and what plans do you have for the general builder's license?

Years ago, back in the early 90's when I first bought property in Havasu I thought about going to school for HVAC but just kept on slinging mud and now I'm too old to change career paths. :(

I sure fucked up! :smackhead

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
How difficult was it to get your c-20 and what plans do you have for the general builder's license?

Years ago, back in the early 90's when I first bought property in Havasu I thought about going to school for HVAC but just kept on slinging mud and now I'm too old to change career paths. :(

I sure fucked up! :smackhead

Brian is the holder for our c license.

The B will give is the opportunity to expand into other areas.

I joke with people all the time that we are the highest paid trade and work the least. IMO it's one of the better trades to be in.

Dalton

Reaction score
Brian is the holder for our c license.

The B will give is the opportunity to expand into other areas.

I joke with people all the time that we are the highest paid trade and work the least. IMO it's one of the better trades to be in.

I guess one of my business partners is the "holder" of a c20.....and I'm a user, didn't explain everything to me but I had to go get the live scan thing done, but want to go ahead and get my own.

Dalton

Reaction score
Anyone got the balls to take this bitch on?
(I think this is natural gas)

IMG_0821.JPG

dezertrider

Reaction score
Even homes on the water in Laguna Need HVAC. The bottom Floor was getting splashed by waves we are so close

IMG_7990.jpg
IMG_7993.jpg
IMG_7991.jpg

River Lynchmob

What can I do to u for u?
Reaction score
Had a little equipment set last Sat at USC.

3 Energy Labs chilled water air handlers. 450-ton crane took longer to set up than it did lifting the equipment. 6 support trucks and a 40-ton to build the large crane.

USC Crane 2.jpg USC Crane.jpg

Taboma

Reaction score
Is Crane Rental service still owned by the Fosters, with Greg running the show ? I haven't heard anything about Bill for ages, so hope he's still around and enjoying retired life !!

Damn, that's a nice big-ass crane right there :thumbsup

River Lynchmob

What can I do to u for u?
Reaction score
Is Crane Rental service still owned by the Fosters, with Greg running the show ? I haven't heard anything about Bill for ages, so hope he's still around and enjoying retired life !!

Damn, that's a nice big-ass crane right there :thumbsup

Fosters still own and Greg pretty much has zero to do with it.

That crane is 3 weeks old and was $2.5 mil.